archive.md vs brave browser - Archive site redirects links to github issue

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, he's just based. If it were the intelligence agencies, they would at least send crypto to themselves so the funding matches up. He is not the kind of guy who would be bankrolled by a NGO, to say the least.

I was going to write a longer post, but then I realized he's with a very high certainty (>90%) redpilled, so it would probably be halal. Send a PM if you're interested. He's made a lot of contributions on GitHub, and he's obviously a very skilled programmer, so I think he just funds it out of his own pocket. He doesn't seem to care very much about money:

That's $2100 of expenses, $300 of donations, and a deficit of $1800. Plus his other projects.
It makes sense it'd be a mega-autist considering some of his rather autistic actions. My speculation is mostly unfounded but his staying power is impressive for a single-man operation.

There's no rules regarding talking about who operates whatever website on the tech board. Halal refers to when a fellow forum user crosses into lolcow territory. It's fine if you don't want to blast his GitHub account out there in the public.

Reactions: FlappyBat

Hard Toothbrush

Where are gay men's vaginas?
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the archive sites can't get their BATbux, and are trying to force the Null approved browser's hand.
Just wanted to correct this, as according to the guy, he actually wants to opt-out of BAT but can't due to some bug on Brave's end and didn't get a response from Brave support. This was his way of forcing the issue.

BTW the site seems to work fine on Brave now.

Cast Iron Pan

First-generation son of Antarcticano refugees
kiwifarms.net
When I use archive.is, I just get the archive. Weird.
Has anyone else using Firefox just not able to connect to any other their domains whatsoever? For like 4-5 days now only their onion site works for me. Maybe my ISP is banned, as it works on mobile? There's a picky prick screwing me here somewhere...

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone else using Firefox just not able to connect to any other their domains whatsoever? For like 4-5 days now only their onion site works for me. Maybe my ISP is banned, as it works on mobile? There's a picky prick screwing me here somewhere...
I'm getting the same. But I don't think it's browser-related, I can't even NSLOOKUP the site from the command line.
Have either of you tried using a VPN?

Reactions: Cast Iron Pan

murdered meat bag

kiwifarms.net
are you using cloudflare's dns? there's some issue between cloudflare and archive sites, switching to something else makes it work on my end as does using a VPN.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
are you using cloudflare's dns? there's some issue between cloudflare and archive sites, switching to something else makes it work on my end as does using a VPN.
This particular issue wasn't about DoH, it happened even with other DNS providers.

Cast Iron Pan

First-generation son of Antarcticano refugees
kiwifarms.net
No. Switching between between my ISP's DNS, OpenDNS, and Quad9 made no difference. My cell provider internet connect is unencumbered by the issue. Using a VPN does fix the problem.

Tags
None