Are Ashkenazi Jews white? - Oy vey

snailslime

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i'm blonde with blue eyes so i don't know what other race i'd be (i'm also 25% russian). according to gedmatch & genetic studies we genetically match most with greeks n south italians

ehh actually disregard that, i think we're black

Reactions: soy_king

cockaine

Full-time Violence Man
kiwifarms.net
That's because of inter-mixing over the years. They are majority white now, but not back hundreds of years ago in their ancestry.
They probably would have descended from mainly natufians given their origins in early Mesopotamia, so take of that as you will. How far back? Go back far enough and we all tend to look pretty similar, depending on what you believe.

Tookie

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"White" is a pretty subjective term historically, especially in the US where southern Italians and Irish have at various points not been considered "white." If you mean European, they are a subset of people from the European continent who certainly have similar physical characteristics to other European groups.

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
I think terms like white and black will slowly get phased out as ancestry testing becomes more commonplace. Why be black or white when you can identify with a long-standing ethnic cohort? Much more prestiged!

Smug Chuckler

Youtube Intellectual
kiwifarms.net
I think terms like white and black will slowly get phased out as ancestry testing becomes more commonplace. Why be black or white when you can identify with a long-standing ethnic cohort? Much more prestiged!
Or when a true progressive utopia is achieved and inhabited by these beautiful people of the future, racism is finally defeated.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
They didn't initially.

This was a change after cries of antisemitism.
Do you have any more detail or links on this? I'd love to learn more about how this came about. I did a quick search and found one article but it wasn't very clear.

EDIT: Also, given modern history it's crazy to me that some Jewish people were pressuring to have a big database showing who is genetically jewish or not.

Reactions: lemmiwinks

Vajze Shqiptare

Non-white
kiwifarms.net
I think they are albiet not in a traditional sense like an English, German, Frenchmen, etc. More in the broader sense of them being Caucasian and in the same category of Arabs, Berbers, and so on.

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
It varies with the Jewish liberal. A lot of them believe themselves to be white because they deny that Jews represent a distinct ethnic group (aka they'll believe that if their ancestors came from Poland, they're ethnically Polish and religiously Jewish) hence the idiotic meme that "Jews are a religious group, not a race." Those people believe they are white and should feel guilty about it, but they're ultimately more oppressed than white Christians.

Then there are those who recognize that Jews are a distinctive ethnoreligious group. These are usually the children of recent immigrants, and they tend to argue that they're not white but white passing, so while ultimately they're not as inherently racist as regular white people, still benefit from the systemic racism and should concede to BIPOC.

These are actual conversations that I've had with fellow Jews, and it's frustrating to no end to listen to this. You don't have to believe me, but if you want to fight your enemy appropriately, you should know how they think.
I found this post interesting because I don't think of Jews as not white, but apparently some of them don't think they are? I mean someone took me to school about Reinoehl, but just looking at him and knowing nothing else, how is that dude not white even if ethnically Jewish?

So what do you all think?

Last edited:

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
To quote the famous Sargoy of Cuckad, "what even is White?"
If you're going based purely off skin color, then I would say Ashkenazi Jews (German an Eastern European Jews) and some Sephardi (Spanish origin Jews) are white. If you're going based on whether they're of predominantly indigenous European origin, then it's harder to argue due to the ultimate origin of Jews being from the middle East, and if you want to argue by census definitions then they're white by both counts, since the US census definition of white is anyone having origins from Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Basil II

le putin machine
kiwifarms.net
If you're going based purely off skin color, then I would say Ashkenazi Jews (German an Eastern European Jews) and some Sephardi (Spanish origin Jews) are white. If you're going based on whether they're of predominantly indigenous European origin, then it's harder to argue due to the ultimate origin of Jews being from the middle East, and if you want to argue by census definitions then they're white by both counts, since the US census definition of white is anyone having origins from Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
lmao US census says Spain isn't white but the Sudan is.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
The typical "Ashkenazi" and "slav" USA jews are white in both mannerism and culture.
Jews from Middle east are rarer and are like whiter arabs.
Jews from deep Africa like ethiopia are sub human scum who doesn't deserve to lay their feet on our precious holy land.

Not sure if on-topic, the big problem with the USA liberal jews is that they replaced god and religeous rules with the leftist doctorine, and in a sane world would be considered heretics.

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
Well, we are all from Africa, blahblahblah.

I always saw Jews as white but just a different ethnic group like Sicilians (though I am sure people want to argue with me if they are white). I did not know some did not ID as such for themselves. I have zero contact with Jews. Not because I am 88, I just do not know any period.

Not sure if on-topic, the big problem with the USA liberal jews is that they replaced god and religeous rules with the leftist doctorine, and in a sane world would be considered heretics.
It is undeniable that they are overrepresented in far left movements. Is it a conspiracy though? I am not convinced, but it would be interesting to know why other Jews think their own people are attracted to it.

Last edited:
Tags
None