Are Gated Communities Bad for Society? -

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
California seems to be the only place in America where having people you identify as "servants" is normal. The idea of having servants is almost a foreign idea to your average American.
california (at least the urban parts) really is some kind of bizarre proto-third-world region
>the hyper rich whites and jews of hollywood and silicon valley lording over a horde of third world underclass laborers
>one of the overall richest regions on the planet, yet its cities are barely livable shitholes full of crime and homelessness
>insane cost of living and tax levels slowly squeeze away what little middle class is left there
>illegal immigrants are coddled and showered with insane amounts of publically funded welfare and benefit programs

Approx. 59 Robins

have a fungus
kiwifarms.net
People in gated communities tend to behave in incredibly selfish ways that usually fuck over the working-class because they have that degree of separation afforded to them by living in a gated community.

Mass migration? They only get the advantages of a cheaper labour pool thanks to a surplus of labour causing wage suppression, and don't have to deal with the societal unrest and crime caused by shoving a bunch of third world citizens into a community. They also get to look "more tolerant" to their fellow gated community inhabitants, which feeds their upper class vanity, as we all know walls and border controls are discriminatory and racist. (Except for OUR walls, of course - gotta keep the peasants out somehow!)​
Race Relations/Diversity? I'm sure that the inhabitants of an almost entirely White gated community (With maybe the occasional token Asians/Blacks/Hispanics) are experts on the topic. Hence why they'll lecture those outside of their ivory towers about the topic, and how they need to let more minorities into their communities to avoid being racist. Despite the fact that they'll usually be the first to call the cops the moment a Black person trespasses in their gated community.​
The police? They'll advocate for the removal of the police so they can advocate for how revolutionary and tolerant they are to their fellow upper-class twits, as their gated community usually has it's own private security contractor to deal with keeping their community safe.​
This is just a few examples, you can pull tons of examples of their hypocrisy thanks to their isolation from the general population.​
This is just how the upper-classes behave in general. They live in their own little nepotistic bubble, where they almost never have to associate with any riff-raff. (That doesn't refer to them as "sir/madam") They send their kids to private schools that cost thousands a month, hire each-other solely for nepotistic reasons, and live in their gated communities surrounded by fellow upper-class twits. People fail to realize how vastly different the life experience is between a working-class and upper-class individual, and gated communties are only one facet of that.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
There has been the concept of the rich living in closed off safety and the poor living in squalor since the first two humans evolved on the planet and this will continue to stay up to the day there are two humans left alive on the planet, so trying to do anything about class division is a fools errand and anyone who says they know the answer to fixing it is a list and should be ignored.

It is the Rich's place in the world to maintain their wealth and keep the poor down while it is the Poor's place in the world to kill the rich in their sleep and then eat them in hopes that they gain their power and become the Rich themselves all for the cycle to begin anew millennia after millenia. This is the way human nature works and it will be so forevermore

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They harm the community. These people still vote and they don't give a shit about the rest of their city or other communities. Libraries, parks and public community centers? Fuck that, we have them within these here walls. Road construction? I pay for the roads here. Housing crisis? Homeless? Don't see it. These people likely only vote in favor of more publicly funded sportsball arenas.
They don't harm a community, they create community. It makes it harder for people to leech and steal of them. You're jealous because they don't wanna wrestle in the mud with you.

wokelizard

kiwifarms.net
I would hate to live in a gated community with some committee of Karens micromanaging how many inches my lawn is and whether I could hang laundry out to dry or trying to fine me because I took the trash out before sunset. Fuckers can mind their own business. My property, my rules. In fact I think I'd like to live somewhere without any other humans for miles unless I invited them over.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would hate to live in a gated community with some committee of Karens micromanaging how many inches my lawn is and whether I could hang laundry out to dry or trying to fine me because I took the trash out before sunset. Fuckers can mind their own business. My property, my rules. In fact I think I'd like to live somewhere without any other humans for miles unless I invited them over.
This kinda confirms my theory that hatred of karen's is a way to hate on white women without being open about the targetting.

Some people like to live in orderly environment.

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
A gated community close to me incorporated. They are a town now.

Even if its not gated, a development with expensive identical houses on top of one another and tiny lawns and draconian rules are not much different than living in in HUD or section 8

.... Except the people in developments and gated communities have money, and willingly choose to live like that.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
A gated community close to me incorporated. They are a town now.

Even if its not gated, a development with expensive identical houses on top of one another and tiny lawns and draconian rules are not much different than living in in HUD or section 8

.... Except the people in developments and gated communities have money, and willingly choose to live like that.
unlike the lovely occupants of section 8 apartments, the gated community people won't be doing home invasions and random muggings on you, nor sling crack on the corner or have their 11 year olds carry knives and bags of dope to school

living under the draconian rules of some homeowner association is a pretty nice thing when you consider that the alternative is living among habitual criminals, welfare leeches, and drug addicts

Julias_Seizure2

Puts the rave in depraved
kiwifarms.net
They should do the opposite. If they set up a couple official CHAZ'es then they'd suck the crime out of the rest of the city and focus it on one point cops could just patrol the border of

The Shadow

Movies gave me scabies
kiwifarms.net
California seems to be the only place in America where having people you identify as "servants" is normal. The idea of having servants is almost a foreign idea to your average American.
And this only in the woke urban parts of Cali. No one in Barstow has servants.

Tags
None