Are Gated Communities Bad for Society? -

DJ Grelle

kiwifarms.net
california (at least the urban parts) really is some kind of bizarre proto-third-world region
>the hyper rich whites and jews of hollywood and silicon valley lording over a horde of third world underclass laborers
>one of the overall richest regions on the planet, yet its cities are barely livable shitholes full of crime and homelessness
>insane cost of living and tax levels slowly squeeze away what little middle class is left there
>illegal immigrants are coddled and showered with insane amounts of publically funded welfare and benefit programs
Bread and games for the masses, and they stay calm.
Give the plebs disadvantaged their races marvel movies and their grain handouts food stamps and fast food, and the senators rich can fuck slaves children in their villa urbana gated communities without the poor rioting and revolting.
We truly live in the decadent stage of american civilisation

Webby's Boyfriend

reality cartoonist
kiwifarms.net
Bread and games for the masses, and they stay calm.
Give the plebs disadvantaged their races marvel movies and their grain handouts food stamps and fast food, and the senators rich can fuck slaves children in their villa urbana gated communities without the poor rioting and revolting.
Now would be the perfect time for China to strike.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gated Communities make it hard for acquaintances who know someone who lives in one to visit them.
I have experience with this.
I tried asking my friend for the gate combination, but they never gave it to me.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of the article, America: The Grim Truth.

the article (emphasis by me) said:
Wages will drop, unemployment will rise, Medicare and Social Security benefits will be slashed, the currency will decline in value, and the disparity of wealth will spiral out of control until the United States starts to resemble Mexico or the Philippines - tiny islands of wealth surrounded by great poverty (the country is already halfway there).

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Most extreme example of gated communities I've seen was a Scandinavian teacher and his teacher wife brought to Dubai to teach toddlers. As a PhD. Both of them. That is already hilarious, but they lived in a tiny cared-for community with other internationals, and they treated it like an international bubble and not the petting zoo of rich locals. I can see the appeal as an expat; a way to not have to integrate entirely but still attempt, but if just for the sake of security, it's messed up.

• Informative
Reactions: TaimuRadiu

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
HOAs and Gated communities should be banned. By strengthening divisions they weaken communities and they create people who cannot relate to one another. Gated communities are why we have Karen’s who are so out of touch with what most people consider respect.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
on the subject homeowners associtations are pretty fucked up as well, it's pretty much a given that the people most involved will be tinpot dictators and the rules will be intrusive and dumb.

Reactions: queerape

heathercho

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
HOAs and Gated communities should be banned. By strengthening divisions they weaken communities and they create people who cannot relate to one another. Gated communities are why we have Karen’s who are so out of touch with what most people consider respect.
Counterpoint - Gated Communities offer security though.

I live in a nice enough area that houses are rather expensive, crime is low, the streets are quiet, people talk to their neighbours, people have nice gardens and what people would think as, as a nice tree-lined established "leafy" neighbourhood. It's multi-ethnic, it's not all "white" and people get along really well because they share common values.

A decade or so ago, the council trialed some bullshit where they put Housing Commission (our version of section 8 ) families into rentable houses and townhouses in our general area.
Within a month, there was an epidemic of break ins, graffiti everywhere... yelling, screaming, fights etc. Literally every house got broken into, sheds, etc. None of these housos had jobs, so when everyone was at work, they'd just go door to door and break windows and steal shit.
It stopped after the first week, because people started to stay home and organized to watch out against these people.
The offenders were arrested and within a month or so after that, they were kicked out.

Why should people work hard for nice things and have to put up with shit like that? Some people have values and morals and their values and morals dictate - work hard, be decent and don't be a cunt. Others don't have those values.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
with the people gated communities exclude, there IS no community in the first place, nor could there ever be.
expecting decent people to be all buddy-buddy with junkies, welfare parasites, and career criminals is delusional and retarded. you can make as many karen jokes as you want, it won't magically make people accept living around disgusting niggers who shit up everything they touch.

Tags
None