- Jul 30, 2016
Interesting debate going on, legitimate arguments on both sides. Broken off from 2020 Election thread because I think a poll and centralized discussion are beneficial.
- Trump will be able to successfully shift blame to democrat mayors and governors.
- Public response and solidarity is not as homogeneous as media is making it out to be, many are being "red pilled", this will end up bolstering Trump's numbers in largely white, suburban districts which will almost certainly secure him the election.
- Majority of moderates and undecided voters see this as a symptom of Trump's presidency, or believe that Trump is a legitimate racist. He will be voted out.
- Trump's response has been poor and shows that he is unfit to lead.
- This is all baked into the cake, and the lines have already been drawn. Nothing Trump does or doesn't do in regards to the rioting will have a significant impact on November.
- It doesn't matter because he's running against a literal walking corpse.
- The news cycle moves so fast that this will not be in the forefront of voter's minds in November.