Are the riots good or bad for Trump's 2020 chances?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 41 37.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 49 45.0%

• Total voters

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
Interesting debate going on, legitimate arguments on both sides. Broken off from 2020 Election thread because I think a poll and centralized discussion are beneficial.

Good:
  • Trump will be able to successfully shift blame to democrat mayors and governors.
  • Public response and solidarity is not as homogeneous as media is making it out to be, many are being "red pilled", this will end up bolstering Trump's numbers in largely white, suburban districts which will almost certainly secure him the election.
Bad:
  • Majority of moderates and undecided voters see this as a symptom of Trump's presidency, or believe that Trump is a legitimate racist. He will be voted out.
  • Trump's response has been poor and shows that he is unfit to lead.
Neither:
  • This is all baked into the cake, and the lines have already been drawn. Nothing Trump does or doesn't do in regards to the rioting will have a significant impact on November.
  • It doesn't matter because he's running against a literal walking corpse.
  • The news cycle moves so fast that this will not be in the forefront of voter's minds in November.

Last edited:

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Lines are drawn for certain people. Trump supporters will vote trump, dems will vote dem. The reality is that most moderates still haven't made a decision and the election is far enough out from the riots that, unless they somehow go on for the next few months (which won't happen), most people will not really remember or look back on them in a negative light for dems when the time for voting comes around.

Its absurd to think that Trump will lose though. He is an incumbent president against Joe "Alzheimer" Biden. The dems have accepted this and have thrown Biden under the bus to preserve/setup more electable candidates for 2024.

TFT-A9

Me on my way to fuck yo' Star Commander
kiwifarms.net
It depends on whether you're autistic enough to think there's a RWDS member hidden deep inside every undecided, centrist and blue dog or whether you're autistic enough to think that polling on Biden vs. Trump currently running is likely to be anywhere near accurate

Disheveled Human

A Fucking Leaf
kiwifarms.net
Civil unrest/disobedience is not something any president would want to deal with just more ways to make themselves look bad when they are already given a full plate of problems.

Lone MacReady

7.7/6.1
kiwifarms.net
Joe's deteriorating mental state is already unavoidable, even when his "team" have been hiding him away for most of this scamdemic. Just as in 2016, it's a battle of two shit options, but Trump is the least bad even with his current kikery. Health issues and prior scandals ruined Hillary's campaign, now they are in the process of ruining Joe's campaign.

Diesel Boogaloo

kiwifarms.net
Biden is a shit candidate who doesn't stand for anything, therefore his result will be more of a consequence of how much people dislike Trump.
And as for Trump handling this, so far it's not very good. However, as Chilson said, most people have their opinions pretty much set and unless Trump does something totally crazy, I don't see a big swing. Of course this is America, sometimes small swings are enough.
But then again, this is Trump. Chances that he surprises everyone are pretty big.

Orion Balls

Woogie Woo!
kiwifarms.net
I just think it would have been nice to see him quote some calming scripture while he was holding the Bible in front of St. John's. Perhaps some verses about fear and strife being counterproductive and how me should always trust in G-d. Some verses about how we will work together to create a world pleasing to the Lord. Anything at all would have been a step up.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
At the rate 2020’s been going, the riots will be all but forgotten about by the time November rolls around. How many people even remember Trump’s impeachment or the Australian fires?

For the vast majority of Americans, these riots will have zero effect on their lives. All they’ll remember is a brief blip where people wouldn’t shut up about BLM and ACAB on social media some time back in June. Coronavirus had a lasting impact on ALL Americans. These riots are primarily affecting blue cities anyways - what the fuck are they gonna do, turn MORE blue?

Syaoran Li

Hail to the King
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Biden is a shit candidate who doesn't stand for anything, therefore his result will be more of a consequence of how much people dislike Trump.
And as for Trump handling this, so far it's not very good. However, as Chilson said, most people have their opinions pretty much set and unless Trump does something totally crazy, I don't see a big swing. Of course this is America, sometimes small swings are enough.
But then again, this is Trump. Chances that he surprises everyone are pretty big.

Trump's handling of it is too early to tell.

The branding of Antifa as an international terrorist organization by the federal government is a big deal, especially with the DSA's ties to the wider Antifa movement and BLM being more or less a sister movement of Antifa at this point.

Honestly, the lines were drawn before the riots begin, so I don't think we'll see this hurt Trump's chances of getting reelected in 2020, but I don't think it will help him either unless another twist happens and some bombshell development reaches the public.

Given the PRC's implicit backing of the DSA and Antifa (and by extension, BLM) complete with possibly Chinese-funded BLM protests in Europe and even a protest in Japan (mostly of Western expats and a few Koreans and Chinese) then if the DOJ or the Pentagon has a smoking gun on the Chinese Communist Party having a hand in this, then it'd be a good idea for the government to release it in the coming days.

There's a lot of rumors going around that China is backing a lot of the riots and recent corporate statements as a soft coup to destabilize the United States, basically IRL geopolitical gay ops.

After seeing the death of George Floyd, I knew the Twin Cities would burn but to see it spread to multiple major cities practically overnight is very troubling to say the least.

@Ivan Shatov mentioned in the "Antifa Declared Terrorists" thread in Happenings that the riots escalating and spreading roughly coincided with the DSA and several major Antifa networks and left-wing activist groups signing some sort of wider agreement with a CCP-backed organization or agency. This was either the day before or the morning of May 31st, the day Trump announced that the FBI and DOJ put the Antifa movement under the same global terrorist designation that Al Qaeda and ISIS are under.

There's also evidence to suggest the military is getting ready for deployment, and not just the National Guard either, but active duty bases are also preparing for increased states of readiness.

This is going to be a long summer...

TL;DR: The riots are not going to affect Trump one way or another, unless Trump drops the hammer on them full force. Then who knows how it will play out?

Orion Balls

Woogie Woo!
kiwifarms.net
Even if this was bad for Trump, who would suddenly think that Biden is the better choice? I mean. he said that shooting protesters in the legs was the best solution.
Ooh, when was that? I've been following the Delaware equivalent of a horse that can't chew for decades.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
I just think it would have been nice to see him quote some calming scripture while he was holding the Bible in front of St. John's. Perhaps some verses about fear and strife being counterproductive and how me should always trust in G-d. Some verses about how we will work together to create a world pleasing to the Lord. Anything at all would have been a step up.
Lol as if he’s ever read the fucking bible
Even if this was bad for Trump, who would suddenly think that Biden is the better choice? I mean. he said that shooting protesters in the legs was the best solution.
If Trump goes too far in his response the Bernie supporters who were gonna sit this one out/vote 3rd party might be swayed to hold their noses and vote for Biden