Are the riots good or bad for Trump's 2020 chances?

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 41 37.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 49 45.0%

• Total voters

The Pink Panther

The Nigga Panther
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Trump goes too far in his response the Bernie supporters who were gonna sit this one out/vote 3rd party might be swayed to hold their noses and vote for Biden
That doesn't matter anyway. The Bernie voters are already swayed to vote for Biden because #VoteBlueNoMatterWho.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
That doesn't matter anyway. The Bernie voters are already swayed to vote for Biden because #VoteBlueNoMatterWho.
I know (both online and irl) several who very much aren’t (I see that hashtag shared way more as people mocking Biden when he says something stupid than as a nonironic belief) but time will tell

tehpope

Wig Out | Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Trump has it in the bag. I'm not gonna say 100%, because anything can happen. But I don't think Biden has a prayer.

The only thing that would get the middle to side with biden is if Trump drops the hammer at the wrong time and gets the military out there with live ammo. Then the MSN catches them killing protesters unprovoked. They would play that shit at the top and bottom of every hour until the polls close in November.

Someone in the Riot thread said Trump has to play this properly. Too soon and people are going to call him a dictator. Too late and Trump fails on his promise of Law and Order. He has to drop the hammer at the right moment.

albert the programmer

Robert George Kardashian was the best Kardashian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m playing devil’s advocate and saying both here.

It will help Trump since no one will want Joe Biden acting like another Obama 2.0 when it’s already being found out that his supporters others in the Dem squares are bailing out criminals to riot with the protesters who are not acting peacefully. Therefore, he will win.

It will, however, only hurt Trump in the sense that now Twitter and even Facebook have been exposed like the mainstream media for intentionally spreading misinformation, lies and corruption to further destroy the trust between elites and commoners alike. They will treat Trump no more differently to the people that are getting banned or deleted for not having THE RIGHT OPINION, while Jack and Zuck are just posturing to maintain the good graces of the President while not wanting to get lawsuits or Section 230 repealed.

All in all, it is still too early to tell.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's good in the sense that now the media and the national consciousness is going apeshit over these race riots and not devoting 24/7 coverage to Trump's bungled handling of the federal government's coronavirus response.

He has always been fortunate that the current news cycle moves along at such a quick pace with new happenings like this all the time to make people briefly forget about the previous big happening.

Aurora

kiwifarms.net
At the rate 2020’s been going, the riots will be all but forgotten about by the time November rolls around. How many people even remember Trump’s impeachment or the Australian fires?

For the vast majority of Americans, these riots will have zero effect on their lives. All they’ll remember is a brief blip where people wouldn’t shut up about BLM and ACAB on social media some time back in June. Coronavirus had a lasting impact on ALL Americans. These riots are primarily affecting blue cities anyways - what the fuck are they gonna do, turn MORE blue?
The ones who've died will continue to vote Democrat. No change whatsoever.

Glad I couldn't help

Oh hai
kiwifarms.net
Morning Consult poll asked the follow question: Now, thinking about the protests and demonstrations in dozens of U.S. cities in response to the death of George Floyd, how would you describe the job each of the following are doing in addressing the situation? President Donald Trump.

Excellent - 11% (184)
Very Good - 10% (160)
Good - 11% (173 )
Only Fair - 11% (178 )
Poor - 45% (728 )

So not great, although, as always, he seems to have the support of the base with him. I thought it would definitely help him, but now I am not so sure. First, America has changed a lot since the original "Law and Order" campaigns of Richard Nixon. Moreover, he is the incumbent after all and he has demonstrated no leadership in both crisises of the past year. People may vote for Biden just as a vote for an end to chaos.

ED: They also asked Specifically, are you more or less likely to vote for President Trump or Joe Biden as a result of George Floyd’s death and subsequent protests? 31% (495) Donald Trump 45% (723) Joe Biden 18% (291) no impact; independents break 22% (98 ), 34% (154), 29% (131), respectively.

Last edited:

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
The people rioting already hate trump and the people mad about the riots already hate the peoole rioting. What exactly, is supposed to change here?
As always, it’s the normies.

Most normies are nominally “for” racial equality and “against” police brutality, but they’re ALSO “against” looting, and now they’re being told that their perfectly rational viewpoint is racist and alt-right.

I normally wouldn’t be optimistic about this, but a similar scenario happened at my college (a small school in NYC, so the student body was nominally left-leaning) where a group of students was protesting for more black professors in the humanities department. Generally nobody had an issue with the MESSAGE, but a LOT of people were sick of the organizers talking down to anyone who raised even the slightest question about their tactics and refusing to engage in any honest debate or discussion. I was surprised to see the amount of left-leaning anti-Trump college kids turn against this sort of extreme identity politics. It should also be noted that despite our relatively diverse student body, 90% of the protestors were privileged white kids.

It’s given me faith that even among your average college liberals a good number of them are NOT down with identity politics (ESPECIALLY traditional feminists vs. trans politics). If even some leftists are questioning the “if you disagree with us even 1% then you’re our enemy” tactics in play with these sorts of protests, where most people can agree on the message but not on the actions of the protestors, then that’s a good indication that these riots are giving a lot of moderates second thoughts about voting blue no matter what.

Fanatical Pragmatist

Bomber Harris Do It Again!
kiwifarms.net
It's good in the sense that now the media and the national consciousness is going apeshit over these race riots and not devoting 24/7 coverage to Trump's bungled handling of the federal government's coronavirus response.
Given that Trump was, for the most part (save his throwing Kemp under the bus), right about COVID I'd disagree.
The race riots have no effectively exposed COVID for the nothing-burger it was all along, and the same people screaming about "PEOPLE WILL DIE!" if you go outside are now either outside in force or virtue-signaling for those that are.

If anything, the news cycle being shifted away from ChiCom Coof to race riots is NOT a good thing for Trump.

Will it hurt him in November? We have yet to see.

Tomboy Respecter

Because a tomboy is a terrible thing to subvert
kiwifarms.net
If anything, the news cycle being shifted away from ChiCom Coof to race riots is NOT a good thing for Trump.

How so? It doesn't affect anybody but people in the bluest of blue states (who were never going to vote for him anyway), it shifts the problem from his bungled responce on the WuFlu and allows him to one up his enemies and show them how ineffectual they are when running and managing their own states along with generally being a problem people aren't fond of but at the same time aren't to concerend with so long as it doesn't get within their neighborhood. If anything,, this is a godsend of sorts for Trump. Not a substantial one, but it is a good thing since if he can tow the line between seeming dictatorial and being ineffectual, he'll energize his base as the "Law and Order" candidate.

MrJokerRager

Z Boobs, V Beach Volleyball and O MAGA 2024
kiwifarms.net
Morning Consult poll asked the follow question: Now, thinking about the protests and demonstrations in dozens of U.S. cities in response to the death of George Floyd, how would you describe the job each of the following are doing in addressing the situation? President Donald Trump.

Excellent - 11% (184)
Very Good - 10% (160)
Good - 11% (173 )
Only Fair - 11% (178 )
Poor - 45% (728 )

So not great, although, as always, he seems to have the support of the base with him. I thought it would definitely help him, but now I am not so sure. First, America has changed a lot since the original "Law and Order" campaigns of Richard Nixon. Moreover, he is the incumbent after all and he has demonstrated no leadership in both crisises of the past year. People may vote for Biden just as a vote for an end to chaos.

ED: They also asked Specifically, are you more or less likely to vote for President Trump or Joe Biden as a result of George Floyd’s death and subsequent protests? 31% (495) Donald Trump 45% (723) Joe Biden 18% (291) no impact; independents break 22% (98 ), 34% (154), 29% (131), respectively.

Wanted to format make it easier on the eyes.

They also asked Specifically, are you more or less likely to vote for President Trump or Joe Biden as a result of George Floyd’s death and subsequent protests?

31% (495) Donald Trump
45% (723) Joe Biden
18% (291) no impact

independents break
Donald Trump 22% (98 )
Joe Biden 34% (154)
no impact 29% (131)

Any pointers as to the demographic of this poll and was it in blue state or red states. Either way, more likely to vote for Biden, who has been quiet this whole time. But the buck stops with the President and Trump so far, I would say a milqetoast failure. Maybe that shoot the looters tweet was way way too early unless he posted a fucking video from the Unicorn Riot stream or gave links to live streams on day 2.

I know that statement rubbed people off the wrong way for many. Hmm, if he said this yesterday, it would have been less controversial given how those cities are burning hard everywhere.

So this election will be Reagan 1984 where Mondale was leading Reagan in the polls till election day. Or Biden defeats him but I can't find any prior precedents in the modern era as Carter lost due to the Iran Hostage Crisis and Bush got fucked by Ralph Nader and was very milquetoast.

Last edited:

Fanatical Pragmatist

Bomber Harris Do It Again!
kiwifarms.net
How so? It doesn't affect anybody but people in the bluest of blue states (who were never going to vote for him anyway),
Unifies the urban blue state voters and solidifies their siege mentality that the country is run by racists out to get them.

Getting everyone riled up with REEEE DRUMPFLR CALLING OUT THE ARMY TO KILL THE POC'S and convincing the disenfranchised BernieBros, MeToo's and more recently urban blacks that they are just 1 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AWAY from cancelling racism forever and ever works to reunite the Dems fractured voter base.

Refusing to admit they were wrong and clinging to lockdowns longer and longer while the evidence comes out that COVID was not nearly as bad as predicted and hardly worth sending 40mil into poverty over does little to reunify that base.
They might still retweet #TrumpDeathToll or REEEEE about how states that opened early will be stacked with bodies any minute now, but it hardly gives them a reason to get out and vote for Biden.

it shifts the problem from his bungled responce on the WuFlu and allows him to one up his enemies and show them how ineffectual they are when running and managing their own states
It was Democrat governors who kept clinging to the lockdowns in the face of new information, not Trump.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
Sure as shit ain't helping, but it's not the nail in the coffin the pundit class says it is/wants it to be. When it's all blown over a month from now I'd be surprised if it had any lasting impact one way or another. There have been so many of these fucking things over the last decade I think most people just dismiss it as "This shit again?"

TitanWest

Based Penguin Guy
kiwifarms.net
It all depends on how Trump handles the riot. If he doesn't tell Kushner to fuck off then Trump will lose. Tucker did a good segment on this:

I remember hearing a stat that 10% of Bernie voters voted for Trump in 2016. And that was before Bernie got fucked over again in 2020 (The DNC bribed Dems with jobs in the Biden admin if they dropped out before Super Tuesday, which is illegal but ignored).

I wish there would be a repeat of the 1968 DNC riots, but the DNC made their convention digital. At the very least you should see a massive apathy drain from Bernie Bros getting tired of the DNC's shit.

MrJokerRager

Z Boobs, V Beach Volleyball and O MAGA 2024
kiwifarms.net
Know your history. Take note of 1968 and 1972. 68 in particular is the authoritative election here. In the face of social disorder the Silent Majority of American went with the law and order GOP candidate.
Problem is the demographics have changed. Country was 80 percent white and Hart-Cellar effects are not as noticeable as they are now. The majority of minorities vote for the Democratic Party. And this isn't meant to be some some race war sped shit but reality is there since 2008. Obama really solidified the minority vote and people like McCain and Romney pushed minorities away. McCain was a guaranteed loss thanks to George Bush's two giant fuckups. Romney was a dull boring disaster that the Obama campaign successfully spun as a siege mentality to get out the voters. I am thinking those polls showing Romney neck to neck or leading Obama were meant to get the niggers and young millennials out to vote. In 2016, I guess have polls showing Hillary having a 110 percent chance of winning really made people lazy to go to vote.

The RNC autopsy post 2012 said they had to pander to minority groups to have a chance. Trump really blew that out of the water with a surprise win that no one generally saw coming by pandering to blue dog democrats over the traditional evangelical bible thumping fucktards.

I know some people compared the UK election to ours but over there, every minority except the Pakis and woke progressives voted for Boris Johnson. And the conservatives over there are more liberal than our democratic party establishment.

Over here, despite us being a freer nation, the minorities have been peer pressured into vote Democrat despite the values of the progressive democrats conflict with every minority including black people that excludes the nigger portion.

TitanWest

Based Penguin Guy
kiwifarms.net
Know your history. Take note of 1968 and 1972. 68 in particular is the authoritative election here. In the face of social disorder the Silent Majority of American went with the law and order GOP candidate.

Thanks to immigration that "Silent Majority" is now approaching a "Silent Plurality" and soon a "Silent Minority". They're beginning to wake up and take their own side though. If the Republicans can become the "Party of White People and White Allies" they can survive. But if the GOP act like typical cucks and value virtue signaling like Mitt Romney's impeachment-voting ass then it'll implode.

Interesting times.