Are there Any Woke Properties that you Unironically Enjoy?

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Lee Crabb

sockdologizing cad
kiwifarms.net
I enjoyed the first 3 books of John Scalzi's Old Man's War series. Supposedly he is an obnoxious eternally online Twitter-head like Tomlinson, but I had no idea reading the books.

Hepativore

The neurosurgeons scream for more...
kiwifarms.net
I do actually like Steven Universe, because the lore behind the gems is interesting, and I like how the relationship between Steven and his father is portrayed as a positive one, instead of the tired old stereotype of the abusive/clueless father.

Then again, I would not call the show "woke" per se, it is just that the Tumblr crowd has latched on to it, and so people associate it with the toxic fanbase that inserts its own viewpoints into the show that have nothing to do with the show itself.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
Since we’re clearly defining “woke” as “containing qualities that would be considered ‘woke’” rather than “written with the intent of virtue signaling leftist politics”, I’m putting my vote down for Ouran High School Host Club. Retards would definitely consider Haruhi to be non-binary (she isn’t, she just doesn’t mind pretending to be a prettyboy to pay off her debt to the host club) and her dad is a cross-dressing bisexual who works at a gay bar (hilariously referred to as a “tranny” in Funimation’s English dub). These would all be major red flags in a current-year Western project, but it’s actually just a pretty comfy slice of life reverse-harem-ish rom-com about a middle-class girl in a uber-rich private school that occasionally pokes fun at Japanese gender roles. Also one of the rare cases where the anime is arguably better than the manga.

Dwight Frye

kiwifarms.net
D&D and most other tabletop games have become woke as hell. Good thing about these games is I can homebrew my own settings, say “fuck outta here with that shit!” and create my world the way I want it to be instead of relying on the published woke settings. I can also boot Critical Role theatre kid faggots from my group that have helped ruin the game and only keep the TRUE AND HONEST nerds around.

soy_king

Joshua Connor Moon: Born to the Broom
kiwifarms.net
Considering that "Woke" simply means "Conservatives and alt righters don't like", it'd take me too long to list them.
Woke means shit that's supposed to be gender inclusive and bipoc representational, with extra points given if it shits on white males, capitalism, or heterosexuality. Shit like Coonskin is left wing, while the Broken Earth series or anything else by N K Jemisin would be woke.

Wormy

I just wanted to play my friggin wargames....
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shit like Coonskin is left wing, while the Broken Earth series or anything else by N K Jemisin would be woke.
Would M.A.S.H count as woke?

Who the fuck is Jemisin? Broken Earth?

And Coonskin, great film. Glad to be associated with it.

soy_king

Joshua Connor Moon: Born to the Broom
kiwifarms.net
Would M.A.S.H count as woke?
Probably not, it's definitely leftist subversive but doesn't go around blaming white straight males like Hawkeye for everyone's problems or assume that Klinger is trans.
Who the fuck is Jemisin? Broken Earth?
She's a fat black wahmen poc fantasy writer with very shit books.
And Coonskin, great film. Glad to be associated with it.
Agreed. definitely Bakshis best film

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked Horizon Zero Dawn even though the strong female protagonists and hard racial diversity in an insular tribal society was about as believable as being able to take down an armored combat robot from the advanced past with bows and arrows. When the story said those same robots overwhelmed entire post modern armies wielding tanks, High Explosive artillery and nuclear weapons.

Your Favorite New Friend

Friendship isnt reflexive, transitive or symmetric
kiwifarms.net
Considering that "Woke" simply means "Conservatives and alt righters don't like", it'd take me too long to list them.
No, "woke" started as, and still primarily is, an endonym. That is, the term was defined by people who thought it described themselves, not their political opponents. The rest of us simply use it as the equivalent of a biohazard symbol or "slow children at play" sign.

The closest I can come to enjoying "woke" nonsense is probably the Culture novels. Sexual perversion and racial and gender justice are not central themes although Player of Games does go in that direction. On the whole there's a lot of fully automated luxury gay space communism, but it seems more like a guess at what a centrally planned post-scarcity society would look like if Godlike AIs were in charge rather than whinging about capitalists or white heterosexual oppression.

BigThaiGreenCurry

kiwifarms.net
I don't mind The Boys, but I am not sure if it counts as 'woke shit', I go with anything release >2018 as being woke shit by definition.

Wormy

I just wanted to play my friggin wargames....
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, "woke" started as, and still primarily is, an endonym. That is, the term was defined by people who thought it described themselves, not their political opponents. The rest of us simply use it as the equivalent of a biohazard symbol or "slow children at play" sign.

The closest I can come to enjoying "woke" nonsense is probably the Culture novels. Sexual perversion and racial and gender justice are not central themes although Player of Games does go in that direction. On the whole there's a lot of fully automated luxury gay space communism, but it seems more like a guess at what a centrally planned post-scarcity society would look like if Godlike AIs were in charge rather than whinging about capitalists or white heterosexual oppression.
Then why have things been accused of being "Woke" just for having female or POC characters?