Are there Any Woke Properties that you Unironically Enjoy?

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Your Favorite New Friend

Friendship isnt reflexive, transitive or symmetric
kiwifarms.net
Then why have things been accused of being "Woke" just for having female or POC characters?
Generally the same word has many meanings (and the meanings of natural words and phrases are themselves typically vague and incomplete), so a particular word being used with several different or even contradictory meanings is the usual case, rather than an oddity. Auto-antonyms are an extreme example. Note the word "primarily."

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
Star Trek. It was woke before being woke was a thing. It was Star Trek's thing. They did it right, then. Will that continue? Idk
Star Trek was always lefty, but it didn't espouse things like transgenderism or killing whitey so I wouldn't call TOS woke. Disco is another story.

@soy_king I really liked Derry Girls. The only woke shit was having one of the characters be gay, and it would have been nice for them to introduce some actual conflict over the issue rather than "all of the devout Catholics in Derry were totally cool with it." What's the point of introducing the plotline if you're just going to triumphantly rewrite history?

Haint

In the shade, watching the world go up in flames
kiwifarms.net
Gene Roddenberry was a Homophobic Maoist who only had a okay view with Homos right before he died. Like the minute before he died.
Death makes angels of us all.
Star Trek was always lefty, but it didn't espouse things like transgenderism or killing whitey so I wouldn't call TOS woke. Disco is another story.
Those hot mini skirt and go go boot uniforms weren't very feminist.

soy_king

Joshua Connor Moon: Born to the Broom
kiwifarms.net

@soy_king I really liked Derry Girls. The only woke shit was having one of the characters be gay, and it would have been nice for them to introduce some actual conflict over the issue rather than "all of the devout Catholics in Derry were totally cool with it." What's the point of introducing the plotline if you're just going to triumphantly rewrite history?
That and the Clinton dicksucking, plus the finale was somewhat more woke, with it literally ending on Chelsea Clinton's face and Ian McIlheney saying how Erin's opinion on the Good Friday Agreement was more important than his because she was da yoof.

Coelacanth

Your local living [[BIG SHOT!!!!!]]
kiwifarms.net
Something that grew on me was Deltarune. At first I didn't like it because SJWs flock to it but after seeing Joel play through the game again I decided to give it a chance and ended up liking it. I avoid the fandom though now that Spamton is Sans/The Onceler 2.0. They're literally drawing art of humanized Spamtons having selfcest orgies and I'm fairly sure all the artists have daddy issues.

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
That and the Clinton dicksucking, plus the finale was somewhat more woke, with it literally ending on Chelsea Clinton's face and Ian McIlheney saying how Erin's opinion on the Good Friday Agreement was more important than his because she was da yoof.
You're definitely right re: all of the Clinton dicksucking, mea culpa.

Frank D'arbo

Got a... strange magic...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
not a genre or IP but I enjoy Riot Grll shit, even if I don't care too much for feminism

on a similar note, would tank girl count?

maguyver16

Wearing Blobfish undies to assuage wrongthink
kiwifarms.net
I do actually like Steven Universe, because the lore behind the gems is interesting, and I like how the relationship between Steven and his father is portrayed as a positive one, instead of the tired old stereotype of the abusive/clueless father.

Then again, I would not call the show "woke" per se, it is just that the Tumblr crowd has latched on to it, and so people associate it with the toxic fanbase that inserts its own viewpoints into the show that have nothing to do with the show itself.
The first two and a half seasons were honestly pretty fun and comfy, with occasionally some nice music or lore thrown into it. It's become a poster child for Tumblr and leftist autism, but earlier or I remember lots of different people enjoying it. Greg for sure was one of the better points of the show. From what I remember, the animation tended to be far more consistent and felt less "lazy" in the first two seasons.

A lot of the shows problems imo came from it's lack of direction, in terms of bringing together the various threads of its narrative, and its tonal cohesion just trying too many different feels at once, not really letting any of the beats are plot points sink in or even really make sense. In terms of the woke stuff, there were some dumb characters (Kevin) that felt really one-dimensional, and the contstantly talking through issues through feelings has obvious flaws (which have been pointed out to death). The fandom was pretty awful overall, but that's to be expected in the wonderful world of western animation.

Kurtis Trent

Eric, 20, gaymer, autistic, resetera refugee 🌈
kiwifarms.net
- Our Flag Means Death. Fuck nonbinary bullshit, but it's refreshing to see a gay (b)romance about two 40-year olds who actually fall in love (unlike Good Onions and Gaiman's lazy attempt at queerbaiting). At least it's not a boring shit for little girls like Heartstopper.
- Gentleman Jack is about a strong independent lesbian being a strong independent lesbian in the 19th century. The reason why the show isn't a tumblr cringe like everything else for lesbians is because Anne Lister was an actual strong independent lesbian in the 19th century and the show is based on her diaries (and she was unapologetically a "true and honest woman" that would make troons and nonbinary shit cry). Season 2 actually made me give a damn about the main couple because seeing them try to work on their relationship by doing domestic shit like running a school together was surprisingly heartwarming. Watch it if you're looking for a decent, funny period drama with good acting and production values and without the negros. Period dramas these days are fucking awful.
- Bridgeton, only because its attempt at woke pandering is hilariously bizzare and I love it. I mean, you have a white woman rape her black husband because nigga didn't want to have kids with her and the entire scene is shot like 50 shades of gray. Oh, and it takes place in some alternate reality where racism just magically disappeared, so negros received reparations and status during the regency era... It's a trainwreck, I love it.
- Agreed with the poster above on Killing Eve, although the ending sucked, I stand with the lesbians on this

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
Sure, i like some Luis Buñuel films, Simon del desierto, Viridiana and Los Olvidados specially but its not current era woke, just the oldschool woke. Same goes for Almodovar, a lot of films about fags and strong wahmen but they are and well done. Miyazaki movies have leftist and feminist leanings but he is also a great artist. Jodorowsky is a woke ass communist jew but i love El topo and Holy Mountain.

The problem with current wokeshit is that it has no substance and the message is just too shallow, poor people can't be evil, gays are always smarter, women are stronger than everyone else, blacks are always the most honorable, etc. so it is like watching christian propaganda films with no nuance because the religion doesn't allow it, is always flawless ultimate good versus the ultimate evil.

Rome's rightful successor

Holy, Roman, and an Empire
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy Hoi4 mods even though if you'd know the behind the scenes story of the people who make them It's like if maybe 40 to 65 percent of them are made by otherwise woke people.

Despite some of my ravings on the TNO thread, I like certain aspects of TNO. The Russian warlords was cool and pre rework Burgundy as this weird James bond villain/ Palpatine larp was one of the better aspects to it.
The writing was all over the place in some areas but it seem a few of the events had some talented people on the extremely large writing team.
A lot more work and effort was put in to it then compare to other woke projects made with no budget.

The hearts of Iron IV version of Kaiserreich is also kinda woke sometimes but manage to create an interesting and sometimes fun world.
Thousand week Reich was also like that.

Last edited:

Norbert the Tiger

Everybody's Favorite Dissident-Right Tiger.
kiwifarms.net
By definition, anything decried as "woke" would have to be limited to things created after 2010, maybe a little later than that, 2013 or 2014. Aliens and Star Wars had some of the same messaging, bit it was done well and done indirectly....

I really can't think of anything that is not absolute shit. The first Hunger Games movie was ok as entertainment, bit when you strip it down it is all really pretty stupid, and really went to shit in the third one.

Ghostbusters Afterlife was not awful, but just like Force Awakens and Terminator Dark Fate just recycled old plot lines inserting new female characters. It replays the same plot as the original but at a different local then pulls nostalgic heartstrings with appearance of the origia l cast, as if we are seeing old friends again (celebrities are not out friends). Still, it was not the.absolute abomination most derivative reboots are and I five it a very tenuous thumbs up, although not without great reservation.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
Sure, i like some Luis Buñuel films, Simon del desierto, Viridiana and Los Olvidados specially but its not current era woke, just the oldschool woke. Same goes for Almodovar, a lot of films about fags and strong wahmen but they are and well done. Miyazaki movies have leftist and feminist leanings but he is also a great artist. Jodorowsky is a woke ass communist jew but i love El topo and Holy Mountain.

The problem with current wokeshit is that it has no substance and the message is just too shallow, poor people can't be evil, gays are always smarter, women are stronger than everyone else, blacks are always the most honorable, etc. so it is like watching christian propaganda films with no nuance because the religion doesn't allow it, is always flawless ultimate good versus the ultimate evil.
I’d argue that’s the key difference between “leftist” or “progressive” (in the classic sense) and “woke”. The problem with “woke” media isn’t actually that it’s ideologically motivated, but rather that it’s not: it rarely treats the ideologies it claims to exhort in anything more than a cursory, performative manner, because the people who write these stories actually only have one motivation: showing their peers in the industry what a “good” person they are who pays lip service to all the right talking points.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I shat on Castlevania for shoehorning out of place Black people in the very final season in order to score some BLM points and the incredibly pointless lesbian vampires who needs to remind you that they're gay every time they're on screen but the one thing it has going were the fight scenes.

NaggotFigger

Warsfag and sperg.
kiwifarms.net
Despite its messy history and how Disney caters to woke culture and crazy shit they do, I still enjoyed Star Wars, even if there's a crap ton of flaws or woke-catering stuff going on.