Are there there any actually good mobile games? - Boomer complaints incoming

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT!
It's an action RPG puzzle-game and it's really fun. Get that and Really Bad Chess, that's all you need.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
Cardinal Quest 2 is a fun roguelike. It's not as punishing as NetHack, and really meant to be played in short coffee break amounts of time. Completely free to play, everything you can unlock, you can do so in game.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
KairoSoft is a jap company making really good mobile sims, specifically Mega Mall Story, Game Dev Story, and Dungeon Town Story(?). They're all similar, you have a 16-year span to make shit or build up something, score it taken for leaderboards, then you have unlimited play mode. Mega Mall is particularly satisfying, you place the stores and restaurants but the customers have their own AI, and you hope they spend all their money in certain places you favor. They're all $5 one time purchases, no ads, and really satisfying for multiple playthroughs. The important part though is they're easy to pause and pick back up, whether it's going in and out of waiting rooms or bathrooms, or putting it down for days/weeks at a time. Big Recommend.

CepiX

I'd insert a title here but i'm too lazy
kiwifarms.net
I can tell you which isn't a good mobile game, Warriors of Waterdeep.

Its got every kind of bullshit monetization I can think of in a single, convenient package. Seriously its almost like distilled example of what people hate about these games. Its turbo-bullshit on parade.

You want paywalls that technically don't exist but practically do because you can, in theory, grind for two months to get up one tiny rung? Done. You want two types of currency, gold and gems, both you can pay actual cash for? Done. You want random loot drops? Happening man. You want treasure chests that require anywhere from EIGHT TO TWELVE hours to open? That you can pay gems (and therefore real cash) to open faster? Done. If something kills you, you can use gems to get another chance right away to keep playing? Consider it done. Want a VIP monthly subscription option that costs TEN FUCKING DOLLARS A MONTH ON A MOBILE GAME THAT APPARENTLY THINKS IT HOLDS THE SAME SUBSCRIBE-ABLE VALUE AS FUCKING WORLD OF WARCRAFT OR A REAL MMO? One that taunts you at the end of dungeons offering 320 gold coin drops instead of the paultry 12 you earned normally? This game has it all!!
So basically, Cheapskate World of Warcraft with Clash of Clans paywalls?

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
KairoSoft is a jap company making really good mobile sims, specifically Mega Mall Story, Game Dev Story, and Dungeon Town Story(?). They're all similar, you have a 16-year span to make shit or build up something, score it taken for leaderboards, then you have unlimited play mode. Mega Mall is particularly satisfying, you place the stores and restaurants but the customers have their own AI, and you hope they spend all their money in certain places you favor. They're all $5 one time purchases, no ads, and really satisfying for multiple playthroughs. The important part though is they're easy to pause and pick back up, whether it's going in and out of waiting rooms or bathrooms, or putting it down for days/weeks at a time. Big Recommend.

View attachment 798911

Came here to post this. Ninja Village, Dungeon Village, Game Dev Story, Grand Prix Story and Sushi Spinnery are great. Sadly, Kairosoft has now gone down the monetization path. I stopped following their games a couple of years ago when I got (IIRC) Beastie Bay and it started with the bullshit timers you could pay to skip.

Gensou Hadou

I won't lose even to the rain!
kiwifarms.net
RetroArch. It's free, available on everything including mobile, and will run all sorts of retro games microtransaction and ad-free.

Monster Hunter Stories. Costs $20, but sometimes goes on sale (I think it just went off sale, actually). It runs way better than the 3DS version, but it didn't get update patches that add post-game content that the 3DS version, the Japanese version, or the Japanese 3DS version did. If you don't care about that, it's otherwise a good port of a highly underrated game. A sequel's coming out on Switch and PC later this year.

Colloid

kiwifarms.net
4A07D189-0AF3-4408-8687-C10AE2465CCD.jpegC634CED8-B311-4EC2-B701-E2A8F86F9B8B.jpeg465614D8-B218-472C-AFB9-81C6D2A917C9.jpeg

Too busy to list em off one by one. Some of these probably already got mentioned here. Any game that goes in this folder is good in my opinion.

BillionBisonBucks

Soon will be worth five billion pounds
kiwifarms.net
Olo is shuffleboard/air hockey, and it's my go-to for killing ten minutes with a friend, and Voez is the only rhythm game I've played on mobile that benefits from being there.

SalmaoneSlaamper

kiwifarms.net
Mindustry 0.99 IOS Free Android
Mobile factorio with mods, local multiplayer, cross platform, and can be played upright or sideways on phone
Cardinal Quest 2 Free IOS Free Android
Less brutal nethack with easy controls
GTA: Chinatown war
GTA but Chinese drug men (I can’t give it credit here for how well they made this game on the DS originally and on mobile phones)
Cardinal Quest 2 is a fun roguelike. It's not as punishing as NetHack, and really meant to be played in short coffee break amounts of time. Completely free to play, everything you can unlock, you can do so in game.
if you don’t mind me asking how far had you gotten in the endless mode, I got to floor 54 and was wondering
7FB36205-4F0B-4396-866A-7F7DCE8CB2C3.jpeg

Jerri's Kid

Moist as a snack cake.
kiwifarms.net
I've always thought Plague, Inc. was a good mobile game. it has other versions, too, but I played it first on mobile. Its interface works well with the mobile format and it's reasonably priced and there are no gambling features.