Are trans men less vocal as trans women because they tend to pass better? -

Trans men (Meaning actually women) are, from what I've seen, legitimately looking for some relief from some vague symptoms. They WANT to be a man, for the most part, not to be identified as trans.

Trans women (meaning men) probably include a few of the same category, but has shitloads of people who don't want to be a woman, they want to be a man who gets to be treated like a woman when it suits them.

Like people said, a lot of it is about control. You get to make people identify you, the hulking 6'3 balding man, as a pretty lady.

Of course gross weirdo trans men (women) exist too. They generally act like caricatures of the absolute worst version of "toxic masculinity" and hide behind their (supposed lack of) social privilege to avoid the penalties that usually come with that behavior.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: howyadoin

CrackerBarrel

Keep your stupid comments in your pocket
kiwifarms.net
It also probably depends on where you go, internet wise. Trans men are less vocal on Twitter unlike the Zorra, which leads to the view that they're less obnoxious. However, if you look in their corners, they're just as loud and annoying as their counterparts. Check the Abby Brown Facebook groups for example. Those are filled to the brim with extreme sjw trans men who shout about it to the heavens. I've noticed that women tend to identify as enby or nb or some other snowflake term instead of outright trans.

Manah

...Did someone say "weeaboo"?
kiwifarms.net
I know that HRT works better with women than men. It has something to do with how the effects of testosterone is hard to reverse, as opposed to just taking more. I have no clue how the genital surgery’s work for either MTF or FTM, but cosmetics when done competently can look fine without much issue. In my experience, FTMs will, at worst, look more like a bulldyke than anything, while MTFs can go into the “IT’S MA’AM” territory.
I know a couple FTM folk, and I would not be able to tell they didn’t start that way.
They also seem to be more mellowed out about it than MTFs, not sure why.
I know one FTM person, and they basically said that the whole thing is great. Just taking testosterone and they're getting muscle more easily, can grow facial hair, have a deeper voice, and getting treated with more respect at their new job.

If it really is just 'easier' to go FTM than MTF, it makes sense there'd be less to complain about, I guess.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Tanith’s Worst and Only
kiwifarms.net
I know one FTM person, and they basically said that the whole thing is great. Just taking testosterone and they're getting muscle more easily, can grow facial hair, have a deeper voice, and getting treated with more respect at their new job.

If it really is just 'easier' to go FTM than MTF, it makes sense there'd be less to complain about, I guess.
Now, I am not a science, but here's my spitball theory. In the womb, everyone starts as a female. Then testosterone is introduced is you're male, and not if female. Testosterone is the thing that changes you from male to female, and my guess is that that is the reason FtMs pass better.
It seems easier to administer and control testosterone for FtMs than remove the effects in MtFs.
I have no clue, but that's my very exceptional idea.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Hog On Ice

MrTickles

Ducking Fegenerate
kiwifarms.net
They pump themselves full of male hormones. They make you more stable, more logical, less inclined to be an insufferable twat. etc.

Now, I am not a science, but here's my spitball theory. In the womb, everyone starts as a female. Then testosterone is introduced is you're male, and not if female. Testosterone is the thing that changes you from male to female, and my guess is that that is the reason FtMs pass better.
It seems easier to administer and control testosterone for FtMs than remove the effects in MtFs.
I have no clue, but that's my very exceptional idea.
The Y chromosome turns the fetus male. It's far more than just testosterone. Males are basically females on steroids (bigger, better, faster, smarter).

Surf and TERF

kiwifarms.net

Depends on the person. I know someone who's transitioning from female to male and the hormones are fucking up his mind, skin, and digestive system real bad.

Reactions: KweenKarlotta

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
I think it's because they're already innately more accepted by society + more prone to socializing by virtue of their xx chromosomes.

Capture.PNG

I had lunch with this woman a while back. A femme-presenting trans man, where the 'femme-presenting' is a kind of performance art. Something like that.
Given how new and uncommon trans is, particularly this brand of trans, he can essentially be said to be 100% accepted by society.

There would just be more revulsion if an otherwise normal looking, 'masculine-presenting trans woman' wanted to cut off its dick.
It wouldn't be as easy to accept.

Now, lets break down the relative normalcy:

A disgustingly ugly trans man is still more likely to have accepting friends their trans woman counterpart. Call it the inherent privilege in those chromosomes.
I've seen a bearded, pretty revolting trans woman and I could tell it had friends. I just think, in general, it is far more unlikely for a freak of xy chromosomes to have friends than a freak of xx chromosomes.

Lack of social and romantic fulfillment + inherent testosterone is breeding grounds for an angry person.

Reactions: KweenKarlotta
I would love to do a study on perceived vs actual group acceptance with women who think they are perceived as men vs women who think they are perceived as women.

Because in my experience, when I've seen this sort of thing, the women never seem to consider that their own confidence that they'll be accepted is what leads to the better result, not the maleness. And as a male, I can't experience myself to know.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino