Are we allowed to make lolcow threads about minors? -

nohull

Sorry for party ooperating.
kiwifarms.net
Don't listen to the backseat moderators and hypocrite moralfags.
Yes, threads about minors are allowed, example: Desmond is Amazing has a thread here.
Typically we wait until they're 18 because lolcow traits often overlap with the traits of children like being immature, emotional, and irrational. It's hard to tell of they're acting that way because they're truly a lolcow or if it's because they're just a child.
Why the double standard? Does it even matter as long as they are funny?

dinoman

Feline Supremacist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is no rule explicitly disallowing threads on minors.

But...there's a reason we've only had a few of them.

Say you have a normal lolcow, with lots of content, but they just happen to be a minor. I would make a thread in 'talk to staff' to get the final OK. Probably would not be a great idea to create a thread about a minor without permission.

MilkMage

Oh what a Sperg I am. Oh what a Sperg I am.
kiwifarms.net
There is no rule explicitly disallowing threads on minors.

But...there's a reason we've only had a few of them.

Say you have a normal lolcow, with lots of content, but they just happen to be a minor. I would make a thread in 'talk to staff' to get the final OK. Probably would not be a great idea to create a thread about a minor without permission.
I think I'd prefer to be on the safe side, so I'll just forget about it for now.

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most of the minor lolcow threads are actually about the parents (Desmond, Jazz, the Hartley Hooligans) as others have mentioned.

It's just bad form to have lolcow threads on minors for a lot of reasons, namely the fact that most kids and teenagers are prone to do stupid cringe-inducing things stereotypically associated with lolcows, and they usually grow out of it.

Hell, I'm pretty sure at least a few of the more lesser-known lolcows who were over 18 but under 25 eventually grew up and moved on.

The only major case of a lolcow who was a minor that I can think of is SammyClassicSonicFan, and that's because his heyday was one of the earlier cases back in 2012-2013 when the rules weren't fully codified. I'm not even sure if he has a thread on here, tbh.

Despite Sammy's online infamy, he eventually grew up and became a relatively normal adult.

Xarpho

Eating lettuce due to kitty kibble shortages
kiwifarms.net
Most of the minor lolcow threads are actually about the parents (Desmond, Jazz, the Hartley Hooligans) as others have mentioned.

It's just bad form to have lolcow threads on minors for a lot of reasons, namely the fact that most kids and teenagers are prone to do stupid cringe-inducing things stereotypically associated with lolcows, and they usually grow out of it.

Hell, I'm pretty sure at least a few of the more lesser-known lolcows who were over 18 but under 25 eventually grew up and moved on.

The only major case of a lolcow who was a minor that I can think of is SammyClassicSonicFan, and that's because his heyday was one of the earlier cases back in 2012-2013 when the rules weren't fully codified. I'm not even sure if he has a thread on here, tbh.

Despite Sammy's online infamy, he eventually grew up and became a relatively normal adult.
The Jessi Slaughter page started in 2016 long after she whored herself out on 4chan as a minor and was briefly locked before she turned 18.

What separated someone like Sammy and Jessi is Sammy was largely a sperg that screamed about Sonic but grew out of it while Jessi was abused sexually and physically as a minor and is now more or less permanently damaged.

Beautiful Border

kiwifarms.net
Don't listen to the backseat moderators and hypocrite moralfags.
Yes, threads about minors are allowed, example: Desmond is Amazing has a thread here.

Why the double standard? Does it even matter as long as they are funny?
But in that example Desmond himself isn't the object of ridicule, his parents are, with him being their victim. See also Susan Schofield and Cory Cabana, most people hated them but had sympathy for their kids.

I can only think of one example where the ridicule has been directed specifically at a kid and that was SammyClassicSonicFan, and that was mostly light-hearted ribbing, not really the same as a regular lolcow.

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But in that example Desmond himself isn't the object of ridicule, his parents are, with him being their victim. See also Susan Schofield and Cory Cabana, most people hated them but had sympathy for their kids.

I can only think of one example where the ridicule has been directed specifically at a kid and that was SammyClassicSonicFan, and that was mostly light-hearted ribbing, not really the same as a regular lolcow.
Pretty much this, plus I think SammyClassicSonicFan was pretty early on in the site's history back when the Farms was still CWCki Forums and the rules and standard protocol on lolcows hadn't quite been fully established outside of Chris himself.

I vaguely remember Sammy was mostly active around the same time Deagle Nation was just getting started, and he more or less grew up and became a relatively normal person.

• Autistic
Reactions: nohull

nohull

Sorry for party ooperating.
kiwifarms.net
Not when it comes to kids.
I didn't know she was 11 I swear.

Aeromatic comes to mind as an example of an underage lolcow.

Tags
None