Are we in the midst of the worst part of this old saying?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Starscreams Cape

Year of the C.H.U.D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good times breed weak men

Weak men breed hard times

Hard times breed hard men

I'd argue we are right in the middle of that stanza(?) (- I'm not a poet, cunts).

Weak people are slowly breeding hard times for the rest of the world. They're allowing unscrupulous individuals to profit from the growing, collective rot everywhere.

Europe is so afraid to stand their ground and keep their identity that they are committing cultural suicide.

People are afraid to confront the worst aspects of Islam (mostly their treatment of women) for fear of being called a racist Nazi (but presumably not a sexist) . This is seen as tacit approval by the ghoulish gatekeepers of that faith which is why Sharia Law is being demanded more and more in the western countries.

Guys like Putin are able to continue causing trouble because "Trump is just as bad". Xi Jinping is actually doing a societal rating system to determine if you're a good and loyal commie egg or a bad one. That's straight out of any YA dystopian potboiler you can find on the local bookstore shelf. (- I'm old)

The question is what will the hard times be? Another depression, war, decay from technology and a combination of other factors?

A

AP 297

kiwifarms.net
In a word, no.

I think the period of time we are entering into is more akin to the phrase, Terra Incognita.

AI, automation, and the rapid advancements in health along with declining birthrates in the developed and developing world are likely to lead to a world that has no place for human beings as laborers or much else at times. Simply put, we are approaching a point in which Peak Human Population may very well be reached.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/101018722

Some think this could be reached even sooner as in the next 10 to 20 years. The fact is that Humanity is not prepared for the changes that AI is likely to bring and all the old models and sayings we know are ill equiped to really comprehend its meaning.

The human races is known for 2 very distinctive attributes: Its mastery of tool creation and its ability to rapidly as well as deliberately alter its environment. AI takes this to a level that the human race is not prepared for. This article from Henry Kissinger outlines the severe challenge that AI poses to our own intelligentsia.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...i-could-mean-the-end-of-human-history/559124/

Personally, I don't see it as bad as the John Carpenter Terminator movies, but I do think there will be a lot more black swan events and that our higher educational system is woefully unprepared for the world ahead.

It will be an era of amazing opportunity, but it will also mean upheaval and almost everyone will find something to hate in the world ahead.

The truly strong will be the adaptable and flexible in this new world where nothing is certain and everything is in constant transition into something else. Hardness equals rigidity and those who are too rigid will be broken to pieces.

R

RG 448

kiwifarms.net
We’re still in the good times, and will be until Trump ends his second term and we elect whatever sissy-boy democrat winds up buying the nomination. That’s when all wealth will be seized from the hardworking and redistributed to the lazy, resulting in all of us living in mediocre apartment complexes except for the politicians who still get to live in mansions. Then the Purge will be introduced, and us kiwis will be first on the chopping block.

OhGoy

i'm out
kiwifarms.net
In a word, no.

I think the period of time we are entering into is more akin to the phrase, Terra Incognita.

AI, automation, and the rapid advancements in health along with declining birthrates in the developed and developing world are likely to lead to a world that has no place for human beings as laborers or much else at times. Simply put, we are approaching a point in which Peak Human Population may very well be reached.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/101018722

Some think this could be reached even sooner as in the next 10 to 20 years. The fact is that Humanity is not prepared for the changes that AI is likely to bring and all the old models and sayings we know are ill equiped to really comprehend its meaning.

The human races is known for 2 very distinctive attributes: Its mastery of tool creation and its ability to rapidly as well as deliberately alter its environment. AI takes this to a level that the human race is not prepared for. This article from Henry Kissinger outlines the severe challenge that AI poses to our own intelligentsia.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...i-could-mean-the-end-of-human-history/559124/

Personally, I don't see it as bad as the John Carpenter Terminator movies, but I do think there will be a lot more black swan events and that our higher educational system is woefully unprepared for the world ahead.

It will be an era of amazing opportunity, but it will also mean upheaval and almost everyone will find something to hate in the world ahead.

The truly strong will be the adaptable and flexible in this new world where nothing is certain and everything is in constant transition into something else. Hardness equals rigidity and those who are too rigid will be broken to pieces.
tay will return, and its revenge will be swift

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All previous great societies of the past went through something like this. The only difference is those societies didn't have nuclear weapons.

Things should get interesting after society falls.