Arin Hanson / Egoraptor / Grump - "Hey I'm Grump!" of Game Grumps fame, hypocritical SJW doxer, shat himself recording a let's play

Azafran90

*Space Blancmange*
kiwifarms.net
Bit late (thank my shit internet), but I got Kati's play reuploaded for anyone who wants it: https://youtu.be/1UUQUj2qXfg
I tried to watch it and had to stop when she got to the Orange Man Bad part.
This woman has to be peak narcisist to assume her boring lib life is worthy of being turned into a play.
Seriously, millenials need to shut the fuck up about Trump in their "art". I even invented a name for it, "Annoying Americana".
Later I'll give it another watch, unless some mercifull soul provides a time-stamp for Dan's character's parts.

BigRed

I may be exceptional, but I'm also stupid.
kiwifarms.net
The new GG video today, holy shit:

TL;DW: Arin attempts to play a game in the absolute least entertaining way possible (even more so than usual). The true horror starts at around 1h07m, and the hits don't stop. The bulk of the second half of the video is spent on bosses that Arin's clearly having a hard time with, so he decides to just cheese them with save states. However, he creates a save state every time he lands a hit, and reloads it whenever he dies (often), meaning most time is spent menuing through save states (the biggest highlight: at around 1h12m, Arin makes a save state with the time limit at 3 seconds; rather than realizing he fucked up and reverting to an earlier save state, he repeatedly reloads the time out save state, all the while bemoaning being out of time as if it's simply an inevitability). All the while, there's a big prompt at the bottom of the screen that he can hold both triggers to rewind a bit, which would expedite the process significantly seeing as he's only ever three or four seconds past the save state he's jumping back to, but he doesn't see it.

It's almost like Arin's doing an extremely dry parody of himself: being disasterously bad at the game, cheesing it instead of learning patterns and improving, and missing onscreen prompts that would make his life easier and make the video easier to watch.

It may just be his masterpiece.

PhantastikBoy

kiwifarms.net
It's almost like Arin's doing an extremely dry parody of himself: being disasterously bad at the game, cheesing it instead of learning patterns and improving, and missing onscreen prompts that would make his life easier and make the video easier to watch.

What is the weird voice/act he's putting on? It's like he's doing Jerma985's youtuber voice except I can't tell if it's supposed to be a funny act or if it's unironic.

Shazamtrios

Nah, just seeing if you were paying attention.
kiwifarms.net
What is the weird voice/act he's putting on? It's like he's doing Jerma985's youtuber voice except I can't tell if it's supposed to be a funny act or if it's unironic.
I think when Arin is by himself he tries too hard to be funny to compensate and ends up making himself look bad while he thinks it's funny.

I'm going to put a post about Eric on r/rantgrumps and nobody can stop me!

iScreamMan

You gotta be squiddin' me!!
kiwifarms.net
Even if none of the things she says in her play are true, there's no doubt in mind she's talking about Dan. This shit was awful to sit through because of how annoying this girl is, so I don't blame you. She thinks screaming everything is good line delivery.
I'm straight up autistic, so here goes:

TL;DW
23:24
"Jon" was the coolest person she ever met. He's 10 years senior to all of his friends (the age gap between him and Arin being about 8 ). The instrumental in the background even sounds like a Starbomb or NSP song
36:10
She's sitting on a sex couch with "Jon" listening to a 17 minute Genesis song. If this doesn't sound like classic Dan, then I don't know what does
37:50
She talks about "Big Wheel" by Rush and what a trigger it is for her. Rush is Dan's all-time favorite group.
48:35
She mentions the apartment in Glendale and "Jon's" fascination with polygamy. Dan has talked about three-ways, orgies and fourgies in his songs, game grumps and on stream. This is no character he plays, this is how he acts all the time.
49:30
Hits up women 20 years younger than him in order to use them for sex. His current girlfriend is in her younger 20's
54:20
Brings up the "fourgies", which Dan has expressed his interest in on Game Grumps at some point or another

Sorry for any mistakes, I was in a rush when I wrote this because I had accidentally posted it in the middle of writing

Last edited:

Azafran90

*Space Blancmange*
kiwifarms.net
Even if none of the things she says in her play are true, there's no doubt in mind she's talking about Dan. This shit was awful to sit through because of how annoying this girl is, so I don't blame you. She thinks screaming everything is good line delivery.
I'm straight up autistic, so here goes:

TL;DW
23:24
"Jon" was the coolest person she ever met. He's 10 years senior to all of his friends (the age gap between him and Arin being about 8 ). The instrumental in the background even sounds like a Starbomb or NSP song
36:10
She's sitting on a sex couch with "Jon" listening to a 17 minute Genesis song. If this doesn't sound like classic Dan, then I don't know what does
37:50
She talks about "Big Wheel" by Rush and what a trigger it is for her. Rush is Dan's all-time favorite group.
48:35
She mentions the apartment in Glendale and "Jon's" fascination with polygamy. Dan has talked about three-ways, orgies and fourgies in his songs, game grumps and on stream. This is no character he plays, this is how he acts all the time.
49:30
Hits up women 20 years younger than him in order to use them for sex. His current girlfriend is in her younger 20's
54:20
Brings up the "fourgies", which Dan has expressed his interest in on Game Grumps at some point or another

Sorry for any mistakes, I was in a rush when I wrote this because I had accidentally posted it in the middle of writing
I eventually finished the play, I had to stop every five minutes to cringe.
The woman puts herself not once but thrice in the script:
Narrator 1, Narrator 2 (a guy screaming locations because lazy) and the Main character.
She destroyed the basic structure of the play to focus on her instead of the interesting things (namely, Jon the groomer), cried at the gynecologyst because at 27 She's just too childlish to stand a check; but the worst part is when she breaks the ending to sperg about how much better she is than Frodo from LOR.
Loved the not!Arin character tho.

In conclusion, 0/5 stars and this woman needs to be beaten

Negilum

Why are you so alarmed?
kiwifarms.net
being a bit of an autismo, but I thought it was worth mentioning. At the 13:16 mark there's a sly reference over pants shidding while Let's Playing.

This has been said 1,000 times but it's so fucking surreal how disappointing Mr. Hansen's career has been. Out of all people from the good ol' days of NewGrounds, Arin Hansen, by far the most talented and inspired creator on the website, is the one who wastes his potential the hardest by fully dedicating himself to making Let's Plays for 12 yearold autistic trannies. Arin must know this, and my Sigmund Freud powers tell me that the reason why his cellulite is so thin skinned is because he knows that Let's Playing is not something to be proud of.

Shazamtrios

Nah, just seeing if you were paying attention.
kiwifarms.net
being a bit of an autismo, but I thought it was worth mentioning. At the 13:16 mark there's a sly reference over pants shidding while Let's Playing.

This has been said 1,000 times but it's so fucking surreal how disappointing Mr. Hansen's career has been. Out of all people from the good ol' days of NewGrounds, Arin Hansen, by far the most talented and inspired creator on the website, is the one who wastes his potential the hardest by fully dedicating himself to making Let's Plays for 12 yearold autistic trannies. Arin must know this, and my Sigmund Freud powers tell me that the reason why his cellulite is so thin skinned is because he knows that Let's Playing is not something to be proud of.
By far the most talented and inspired creator on the website?
... r-r-really?

Observotron

kiwifarms.net
n-no... not really... :(

"by far the most inspired" was probably an exageration but he was definitely among a small few that showed any actual "talent," especially at the beginning of the decade. I'm probably just being overly nostalgic.
No, I don't think you are. It's easy to go back and look at some old, shitty new grounds cartoons and not really think much of it, but Arin was extremely influential at the time. As someone who spent most of their time in the mid to late 2000's on Youtube, Deviantart, and Newgrounds - Egoraptor's animation and "Awesome" Series was very inspirational to would be artists at the time. Hell, he was even influential in revolutionizing let's plays. I couldn't really tell you when he "fell off" but I'd wager about the 2014-2016 mark.

I know ex-fans like to talk about, but I believe that the "Grump Course" for Kirby's Dream Course(started August 31st, 2016) was the last time the two of them really enjoyed playing a game together. At the very least, it's the last time I enjoyed watching them.

Negilum

Why are you so alarmed?
kiwifarms.net
No, I don't think you are. It's easy to go back and look at some old, shitty new grounds cartoons and not really think much of it, but Arin was extremely influential at the time. As someone who spent most of their time in the mid to late 2000's on Youtube, Deviantart, and Newgrounds - Egoraptor's animation and "Awesome" Series was very inspirational to would be artists at the time. Hell, he was even influential in revolutionizing let's plays. I couldn't really tell you when he "fell off" but I'd wager about the 2014-2016 mark.

I know ex-fans like to talk about, but I believe that the "Grump Course" for Kirby's Dream Course(started August 31st, 2016) was the last time the two of them really enjoyed playing a game together. At the very least, it's the last time I enjoyed watching them.
All the hours I spent on NewGrounds feels like a fucking fever dream, so It's difficult to comb through what was quality and what was pure autism. The point I'm trying to make is that Arin seemed like one of the few with any potential, while spectrum dwelling deviants like Spazkid are pursuing their talent.

I never really watched any GameGrumps tbh, besides some of the series with Jon in them. The only Let's Play I've ever really watched is OneyPlays, and that's mostly because of the strong SleepCast vibes that emanate from it.

iScreamMan

You gotta be squiddin' me!!
kiwifarms.net
Out of all people from the good ol' days of NewGrounds, Arin Hansen, by far the most talented and inspired creator on the website, is the one who wastes his potential the hardest by fully dedicating himself to making Let's Plays for 12 yearold autistic trannies.
Believe it or not, there was a time when Arin was INCREDIBLY influential in internet culture and animation. The guy has a great eye for color palettes, just watch his Pokemon cartoon. Shorts like Metal Gear Awesome became huge memes and spread all over the web. It's fair to say that at one point he was very talented. Spazkid even has a cartoon about how many imitators cropped up and used his same style:

I'm surprised he hasn't asked Cory to take it down since he says the faggot word. Even if our senses of humor have grown since then, you can't deny that he used his abilities to gain a HUGE following. He was voted onto the Tester, not because of any merit, but because people really liked the guy.
Even with Game Grumps, the show was one of the very first of its kind. Most Let's Plays at this point were gameplay centered, but Grumps offered commentary and banter that propelled them to the top. It very much had a podcast-feel to it, which makes sense since that's what the show initially started out as during development.
Grumps hasn't been entertaining since 2015/2016, their conversations are never about the game and they don't edit it at all. That's what makes Oneyplays so great.. oh how the mighty have fallen. Arin has even retroactively ruined his own cartoons by censoring out slurs

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Believe it or not, there was a time when Arin was INCREDIBLY influential in internet culture and animation. The guy has a great eye for color palettes, just watch his Pokemon cartoon. Shorts like Metal Gear Awesome became huge memes and spread all over the web. It's fair to say that at one point he was very talented. Spazkid even has a cartoon about how many imitators cropped up and used his same style:

I'm surprised he hasn't asked Cory to take it down since he says the faggot word. Even if our senses of humor have grown since then, you can't deny that he used his abilities to gain a HUGE following. He was voted onto the Tester, not because of any merit, but because people really liked the guy.
Even with Game Grumps, the show was one of the very first of its kind. Most Let's Plays at this point were gameplay centered, but Grumps offered commentary and banter that propelled them to the top. It very much had a podcast-feel to it, which makes sense since that's what the show initially started out as during development.
Grumps hasn't been entertaining since 2015/2016, there conversations are never about the game and they don't edit it at all. That's what makes Oneyplays so great.. oh how the mighty have fallen. Arin has even retroactively ruined his own cartoons by censoring out slurs
Arin used to use the nigger word all the time in his animations.
He even said it in Metal Gear Awesome (1 or 2, I forget), the reason he's famous.

Fuckface34

kiwifarms.net
I eventually finished the play, I had to stop every five minutes to cringe.
The woman puts herself not once but thrice in the script:
Narrator 1, Narrator 2 (a guy screaming locations because lazy) and the Main character.
She destroyed the basic structure of the play to focus on her instead of the interesting things (namely, Jon the groomer), cried at the gynecologyst because at 27 She's just too childlish to stand a check; but the worst part is when she breaks the ending to sperg about how much better she is than Frodo from LOR.
Loved the not!Arin character tho.

In conclusion, 0/5 stars and this woman needs to be beaten
That description alone sounds terrible enough, did she do any sort of drama studies or something? Because (a little bit of powerleveling) I've seen plays where the director/writer didn't manage to go to college and yet the outcome was miles ahead of this shit.

Still, if Dan's actually like that in real life I would've felt bad back when I watched the Grumps religiously, but after the "I'm sorry the truth has upset you" fiasco one can only hope things will escalate further.

TL;DW: Arin attempts to play a game in the absolute least entertaining way possible (even more so than usual). The true horror starts at around 1h07m, and the hits don't stop. The bulk of the second half of the video is spent on bosses that Arin's clearly having a hard time with, so he decides to just cheese them with save states. However, he creates a save state every time he lands a hit, and reloads it whenever he dies (often), meaning most time is spent menuing through save states (the biggest highlight: at around 1h12m, Arin makes a save state with the time limit at 3 seconds; rather than realizing he fucked up and reverting to an earlier save state, he repeatedly reloads the time out save state, all the while bemoaning being out of time as if it's simply an inevitability). All the while, there's a big prompt at the bottom of the screen that he can hold both triggers to rewind a bit, which would expedite the process significantly seeing as he's only ever three or four seconds past the save state he's jumping back to, but he doesn't see it.
Is he really playing from the fucking SNES emulator for the Switch? Because as far as I know there's no way to make that prompt dissappear. It's like he manages to play on r.etard levels compared to the people Nintendo expected to use that feature.

Colloid

This is the baby sun now. Feel old yet?
kiwifarms.net
The new GG video today, holy shit:

Arin's turning into DSP.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino