Arin Hanson / Egoraptor / Grump - "Hey I'm Grump!" of Game Grumps fame, hypocritical SJW doxer, shat himself recording a let's play

• ATTENTION: The National Security Administration has made a press release regarding a Windows 10 remote execution exploit that any website can take advantage of. It is one of the worst exploits that has ever been found. Update Windows immediately.

NSA Press Release, "Am I vulnerable?"

ReeferRoach

Eat Gumbo
kiwifarms.net
but I think the last series of them I watched was the Kirby's Dreamcourse/Grumpcourse one (2016).
You would be surprised how many original fans stopped at that series. Nothing but shitty references and over used jokes, but spread over fucking 60 parts. This was also the time Arin was really fucking boring and only had 3 emotions, anger, joy and boredom. While Dan would regurgitate Reddit stories while occasionally shit talking Arin (Which was reminiscent of the older GG, but a shell of it's former self with Dan apologizing seconds later after every call out. Or doing that GOD AWFUL baby talk along side with whatever meme interested them at the time. Like singing Nickelback songs poorly.). I know this is a little off topic, but god the depression really hits when the "downfall" was nearly half a decade ago. Mr bones has had some crazy fucking rides for these two.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, Good Mythical Morning, authors of 2 books, likely to get them a second NY bestseller, at the most shill it for ten seconds at the start of an episode and stopped the second it was released and they concluded their give-away fan dinner.

They went back to making content. Arin should try that.

MahFibro!

kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, Good Mythical Morning, authors of 2 books, likely to get them a second NY bestseller, at the most shill it for ten seconds at the start of an episode and stopped the second it was released and they concluded their give-away fan dinner.

They went back to making content. Arin should try that.
The Grumps have advertised merch in the past that was far less elaborate than what they're doing now - and, from what I can remember, they were fairly inoffensive/successful. So, why change it to this pretentious garbage?

I sincerely would love to know who's in charge of the Grumps marketing, nowadays; because I can't, for the life of me, understand why the Grumps need to be pulling these lengthy stunts in order to sell merch.

Hangula Hungui

Please don’t push me, mummy packed me yoghurt
kiwifarms.net
I sincerely would love to know who's in charge of the Grumps marketing, nowadays; because I can't, for the life of me, understand why the Grumps need to be pulling these lengthy stunts in order to sell merch.
Well, you gotta pay your employed friends somehow and YouTube revenue is down which is 100% YouTubes fault and not because Arin cant adapt to a changing system.

Observotron

kiwifarms.net
The Grumps have advertised merch in the past that was far less elaborate than what they're doing now - and, from what I can remember, they were fairly inoffensive/successful. So, why change it to this pretentious garbage?
Honestly, it seems like a really poorly planned ARG. If you break down what ARGs are, and what they're supposed to do, to their most basic levels, you'll get a checklist of things they're poorly following.

• An event or situation told as if it were an actual event.
  • Linked to a product or service.
  • Allows the audience to, at the very least mildly, interact with it.
  • Blurs the lines between reality and fiction.
  • Is usually cryptic and involves communication between members of the community to solve a puzzle.
One of the reasons why this sucks is because ARGs are usually for much less grounded and believable projects. An abusive/manipulative relative is something that a lot of us deal with sadly, so it's in bad taste and not 'fun'.

ilovebees was cool because it was cryptic, got people talking/communicating, and was part of a beloved franchise (Halo). The Uncle thing is cringey, on the nose, and irritating.

That is of course assuming it's all fake, which it likely is. If, by chance, it is a legitimate family problem, it's very unprofessional and tasteless to make such family matters a public thing.

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know comparing Oney to eggo is cliché as fuck but I just wanna point out something he did recently that only highlights how badly Soviet Jump Game and... uh... book written by fictional uncle were marketed. He recently did a one-off for AI Dungeon Master, and then tweeted about the creator's Patreon.

(It's a fucking hilarious video too btw)

View attachment 1041561
This has easily sold me on that game far more than SJG. No trickery was made, he doesn't say "we found this mysteeeeerious game and it's some insane AI! Robots taking over?" or whatever. He plays the game, shows how fun it is, brings up the Patreon, and I not only want to play the game but I'd actually be willing to donate to the guy's Patreon. SJG is so associated with deception that even though it's free I don't even care enough to look at it.

While I'm here, I found this comment on the main sub and it's just fucking funny

View attachment 1041573
Late as fuck but I should not have watched this while eating because I almost choked from laughing.

Wonathan Joss

kiwifarms.net
So, I know this isn't explicitly a Game Grumps thread but I just skimmed through the newest episode. Not very exciting, I know, but I think the last series of them I watched was the Kirby's Dreamcourse/Grumpcourse one (2016). All I have to say my god, how depressing.

You know those people that you have no problem with but don't really want to talk to? That was the entire episode. Half-hearted conversation and barely conscious responses. Compare this to the way they acted back then. They joked around more, acted like buddies, referenced past episodes, had deeper conversations. There were obnoxious memes of course, but not as many.

Like I said, the new episode was depressing.
Let's be real, Game Grumps may as well be called "The Arin Hanson Show: Starring Arin Hanson, ft dan of nsp. Presented by Arin Hanson and Arin Hanson corp" so if anyone wants to treat this as a Game Grumps thread, there's no shame in that. I gotta say, that's a hard blow to current Game Grumps if 2016 Game Grumps seems that good in comparison.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it seems like a really poorly planned ARG. If you break down what ARGs are, and what they're supposed to do, to their most basic levels, you'll get a checklist of things they're poorly following.

• An event or situation told as if it were an actual event.
  • Linked to a product or service.
  • Allows the audience to, at the very least mildly, interact with it.
  • Blurs the lines between reality and fiction.
  • Is usually cryptic and involves communication between members of the community to solve a puzzle.
One of the reasons why this sucks is because ARGs are usually for much less grounded and believable projects. An abusive/manipulative relative is something that a lot of us deal with sadly, so it's in bad taste and not 'fun'.

ilovebees was cool because it was cryptic, got people talking/communicating, and was part of a beloved franchise (Halo). The Uncle thing is cringey, on the nose, and irritating.

That is of course assuming it's all fake, which it likely is. If, by chance, it is a legitimate family problem, it's very unprofessional and tasteless to make such family matters a public thing.
Additionally, there's a lot more timing/planning around an ARG - usually a few months or sometimes even years. Things happen in a sequence (community solves puzzle X, puzzle Y opens up, etc) that expands over time. Several "good" ARGs also incorporate real life elements (actual working mail addresses/phone numbers/QR codes in physical locations/puzzle clues in physical locations) as well. There usually is a lot of care put into these.

GameGrumps rushed the fuck out of it, as usual. The entire thing went from start to finish in 3 days and incorportated no ARG elements other than it being a deceptive advertisement.

Overcooked Raccoon

Mildly interesting.
kiwifarms.net
Let's be real, Game Grumps may as well be called "The Arin Hanson Show: Starring Arin Hanson, ft dan of nsp. Presented by Arin Hanson and Arin Hanson corp" so if anyone wants to treat this as a Game Grumps thread, there's no shame in that. I gotta say, that's a hard blow to current Game Grumps if 2016 Game Grumps seems that good in comparison.
I mean you look back that time period especially during Dream Course and it really feels like Diet GG. The one joke they constantly did that most people remember is the "I'm Gonna Pre" joke and even then Matt from Supermega was using that joke long before, GG only popularized it.

Mario Maker (Around Yoda Jokes), Endless Ocean 2, and Nancy Drew were probably the last good memories I had of them before they hammered the stuff into the ground. Even then those jokes all basically rely on one recurring joke which you either are on board with, or drop.

They've been doing the same stuff since but it's only gotten worse with their old habits of three vids per day. That alone was torture once you realize all the vids share the exact same joke pattern and people drop interest. Arin tries to bring it back by doing Sonic games (Riding on that Sonic 06 high) but can't get those same genuine laughs as back then especially when Dan just reads bad Sonic fanfics for three whole episodes.

Muncie Anderson

John Kalodner: John Kalodner
kiwifarms.net
You should have seen Arin attempting to play Raft some time ago. He ended up rage quitting after just two episodes.

Whereas, two other let's players, Blitz and Drae, actually took the time to learn all the mechanics and strategies of Raft to the point that they both designed and constructed some impressive ships while exploring islands and mysterious towers, while fighting with Bruce the shark.

What did Arin do? Freak out at every solvable problem he encountered and pretended that the game was impossible and poorly designed.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
You should have seen Arin attempting to play Raft some time ago. He ended up rage quitting after just two episodes.

Whereas, two other let's players, Blitz and Drae, actually took the time to learn all the mechanics and strategies of Raft to the point that they both designed and constructed some impressive ships while exploring islands and mysterious towers, while fighting with Bruce the shark.

What did Arin do? Freak out at every solvable problem he encountered and pretended that the game was impossible and poorly designed.
While it's true Arin is shit at games, the Grumps supposedly have an episode setup that makes it not a problem. They're supposed to shit around in a game and progress/keep the series going if they're into it. Otherwise they just drop it and move on to something more interesting. That's how it was in the olden days. Back when I tried to keep watching them, I was against them making series longer because I knew it'd just make them burned out.

Game Grumps isn't good for actually good playthroughs. They need to reflect the length of their series' for that, but they don't. It was fun back in the day when you didn't know what goofy piece of shit was going to pop up in the sub box.

garfields hard cock

kiwifarms.net
just noticed that not all of """cecils""" videos have been archived so heres the other 2 videos

finally finished reading thru this entire thread, holy fuck was it a wild ride, especially since its my first time doing this shit. also thanks to everyone whos recommended oneyplays

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino