Arin Hanson / Egoraptor / Grump - "Hey I'm Grump!" of Game Grumps fame, hypocritical SJW doxer, shat himself recording a let's play

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
So during a recent stream that happened today, u/Geno098 brought the Ben stuff up to Arin in a SuperChat, and without even really reading the question, he just says "I appreciate the feedback. It's been taken care of". And that's it. No other response. And the fans are immediately treating it as gospel. I shit you not, people are now saying that the situation has been solved and that everything is completely fine now, including the guy who sent the SuperChat. This has also lead to Lovelies flooding into RantGrumps to grandstand about how "their plight on cancel culture/stuff against Ben didn't go as planned" (semi-paraphrasing).

I guess people just don't understand how BUSINESSES work, guys. That's all it was: just a business misunderstanding.

Chewy Suarez

Kids eat free on Mondays!
kiwifarms.net
At first, I thought the Jacob Sartouris stuff was just Ben remembering the humor of 2016 Youtube and trying to bring it back, especially since Sartouris was such a punching bag for the commentary community with Leafy, Pyrocynical, IHE, hell, even Ricegum making videos poking fun of him. But now looking at the sheer sketchiness of his tweets (and that weird apology) and the fact he’s been talking about this for years, this just makes it really fucking creepy.

Coupled up with the allegations against Dan, I guess Arin is okay with this stuff as long as it’s by someone that he likes and/or agrees with. Because if it was from someone like Jon/any of his former Newgrounds friends you know he’d be up in arms and smugly proving how horrible those people were and why he “changed“ for the better by leaving them behind.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
So I know we have a separate OneyPlays thread, and it might do good to cross-post this there as well if it wasn't covered there already, but this also concerns the Grumps/Arin/Ross, and more specifically the Lovelies' current attempt to try and take down Oney...again.

In my cataloging of events with Ben up until this point, I completely neglected to mention that the Lovelies are trying to cancel Oney in a smear campaign, claiming that he's anti-trans (making him a threat to the LGBTQ+ community) due to how he unfriended/blocked someone named Mitzi - someone he met through VR Chat - over the fact that they were trans. Mitzi also stated the reason why none of this was known until now was because Chris had to sign a contract the Grumps gave him disallowing him from saying homophobic rhetoric, including any interactions with Mitzi, and that the main reason he, DingDong, and Julian left the office was because he hated the fact that the Grumps wouldn't allow him to say anti-trans rhetoric, and not due to the Dream Daddy drama.

No, I'm not kidding. Thankfully, Oney responded after someone gave him the DM and rightfully said it was all bullshit.
(A)
1590000050683.png

EDIT: For those of you who're curious, the trans person Oney's friends with now that he's referring to in this tweet is Waffles, one of the people currently helping him create thumbnails for the channel.

EDIT 2: Naturally, some people weren't happy with this response.

Last edited:

Festivus

kiwifarms.net
I hate that Oney ever had to associate with GG. I really wish Chris and his friends would just tear them a new one already, I'm sure you guys have seen some of the not-so-subtle shots they've taken at GG since they left but I feel like they're stopping just short of riling up the Lovelies. To which I say: Fuck the Lovelies, let it all burn.

Go to 4:19 for some laughs

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1276930

Not too much info from the Arin Hanson front past him making some vine style videos using facewarping, and pushing out more merchandise despite Covid going rampant and multiple people being on unemployment.

Honestly if Arin wanted to do something good at least in my eyes I'd have some of the profits (or all of them if he's so kind) to go to a charity fund to help fight covid. That's just my take on someone trying to push personal products out during a pandemic.
How much money does he actually have these days?
With the audience size, merch sales, and live events, is it wrong to assume that he would at least be at lesser millionaire by this point? I’m not a fan of that idea, but he would have to be horrificly incompetent with money not to be

tamago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
he would have to be horrificly incompetent with money not to be
That's the answer.
Remember all the work put into the old Grump office and how they literally just left it all behind for another one? That shit must have cost quite a lot but it wasn't even their property. Arin's handling of money is probably not too great and since the channel is getting less and less views I bet they're panicking. Soviet Jump Game was promoted by them and is now literally dead, and if they were still popular I bet the game would at least have some activity still. They probably spent too much thinking that YouTube would be an endless supply of money.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
That's the answer.
Remember all the work put into the old Grump office and how they literally just left it all behind for another one? That shit must have cost quite a lot but it wasn't even their property. Arin's handling of money is probably not too great and since the channel is getting less and less views I bet they're panicking. Soviet Jump Game was promoted by them and is now literally dead, and if they were still popular I bet the game would at least have some activity still. They probably spent too much thinking that YouTube would be an endless supply of money.
Well since Grumps is probably a company of some kind by now(they have to be if they’re paying that many employees to twiddle their thumbs) the office would all be business money and not his or Danny’s personal funds.
Was Soviet Jump game even good? A “celebrity” endorsement can only go so far for a bad product

tamago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well since Grumps is probably a company of some kind by now(they have to be if they’re paying that many employees to twiddle their thumbs) the office would all be business money and not his or Danny’s personal funds.
Was Soviet Jump game even good? A “celebrity” endorsement can only go so far for a bad product
True, it wasn't great but I think it was in "early access" and the game grumps themselves were playing it on stream. Even when they played it on stream the game didn't go above 300 simultaneous users, which even if the game is bad I guess you would think that people would play it just to hope they get in the lobby with Arin.

Festivus

kiwifarms.net
That's the answer.
He's a 10th Prestige Autist who wasted hundreds of dollars converting shitty little offices into tacky, faux-Japanese shops. Like they were themed offices with neon signs everywhere and one hallway had a couple hundred Amiibos along the wall. Arin is your standard "Consoomer" and he claims to have grown up poor so that's probably why he throws his money around like a moron.

• Agree
Reactions: Count groudon

Lemurakk

kiwifarms.net
True, it wasn't great but I think it was in "early access" and the game grumps themselves were playing it on stream. Even when they played it on stream the game didn't go above 300 simultaneous users, which even if the game is bad I guess you would think that people would play it just to hope they get in the lobby with Arin.
soviet jump.png

That drop today was to 1 player, so yeah, the game's dead.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
He's a 10th Prestige Autist who wasted hundreds of dollars converting shitty little offices into tacky, faux-Japanese shops. Like they were themed offices with neon signs everywhere and one hallway had a couple hundred Amiibos along the wall. Arin is your standard "Consoomer" and he claims to have grown up poor so that's probably why he throws his money around like a moron.
I thought people who grew up poor and got rich protect their money because they know how easy it is to lose it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: derpherp2

tamago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to admit that it did look kind of cool, but the most retarded thing about it was that they didn't even own the property. It's such a stupid idea to put that much effort into making an office space that you rent out look like weeb Disneyland, because there will eventually be a time where someone else is gonna move in instead and wonder what kind of autists worked in that space before them.

View attachment 1308239
That drop today was to 1 player, so yeah, the game's dead.
Ouch.

Festivus

kiwifarms.net
I thought people who grew up poor and got rich protect their money because they know how easy it is to lose it.
Florida man does not abide by your rules of reason and logic.

I have to admit that it did look kind of cool, but the most exceptional thing about it was that they didn't even own the property. It's such a stupid idea to put that much effort into making an office space that you rent out look like weeb Disneyland, because there will eventually be a time where someone else is gonna move in instead and wonder what kind of autists worked in that space before them.
Some of it looked okay but the whole time I was just thinking about how expensive it was going to be to run so many neon signs, computers, air conditioners, tvs, etc., etc. They're in California too so just the rent on that office alone is huge. No one, and I repeat no one, should ever do a renovation like that on a property they don't even own so yeah we're in agreement on that.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Its the opposite. People who grew up poor never learned to manage large amounts of money and, usually, end up using it all on useless crap because they have no idea how to invest and create passive income. Most Rich kids actually know how to manage money and, usually, end up being pretty good about investing it. Of course it all ends up being about genetics and their up-bringing, but that is usually how it works.

The tropes about the "financially irresponsible rich kid" and the "poor kid who knows the value of a dollar" is just that, tropes.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
Its the opposite. People who grew up poor never learned to manage large amounts of money and, usually, end up using it all on useless crap because they have no idea how to invest and create passive income. Most Rich kids actually know how to manage money and, usually, end up being pretty good about investing it. Of course it all ends up being about genetics and their up-bringing, but that is usually how it works.

The tropes about the "financially irresponsible rich kid" and the "poor kid who knows the value of a dollar" is just that, tropes.
Genetics? What gene makes them better or worse with money?

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Genetics? What gene makes them better or worse with money?
Personality is defined by your genes. Whether you are prone to extroversion/introversion, how you handle addictive substances, your "neutral" emotional state, what mental illnesses you will be prone to, how you learn and various other facets of your personality are traits you are born with and inherit from your parents.

I am going to throw some kung fu panda logic at you. Think of your personality like an apple tree seed. You can determine how well it will grow through careful care and attention (how you are raised), but it will always be an apple and never an orange. Its why twins from separated twin studies almost always end up acting, liking and even doing the same things for work. Twins share far more than just their looks.

Rich kids typically have parents whose genes give an extremely high chance to have a variety of traits that, when it all comes together, make them better with money. Poor kids typically have parents whose genes give an extremely high chance to have a variety of traits that make them worse with money. Its all chance though and how well you are raised can determine whether you bear healthy fruit, or wither and die. Which is why some rich kids can blow through money and fuck it all up and some poor kids can handle wealth in a smart way.

Suck the Cock

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I know we have a separate OneyPlays thread, and it might do good to cross-post this there as well if it wasn't covered there already, but this also concerns the Grumps/Arin/Ross, and more specifically the Lovelies' current attempt to try and take down Oney...again.

In my cataloging of events with Ben up until this point, I completely neglected to mention that the Lovelies are trying to cancel Oney in a smear campaign, claiming that he's anti-trans (making him a threat to the LGBTQ+ community) due to how he unfriended/blocked someone named Mitzi - someone he met through VR Chat - over the fact that they were trans. Mitzi also stated the reason why none of this was known until now was because Chris had to sign a contract the Grumps gave him disallowing him from saying homophobic rhetoric, including any interactions with Mitzi, and that the main reason he, DingDong, and Julian left the office was because he hated the fact that the Grumps wouldn't allow him to say anti-trans rhetoric, and not due to the Dream Daddy drama.

No, I'm not kidding. Thankfully, Oney responded after someone gave him the DM and rightfully said it was all bullshit.
(A)
View attachment 1307928
EDIT: For those of you who're curious, the trans person Oney's friends with now that he's referring to in this tweet is Waffles, one of the people currently helping him create thumbnails for the channel.

EDIT 2: Naturally, some people weren't happy with this response.
As always, you're a credit to the farms. You deserve more respect for your consistent updates, this thread would be a ghost town without people with a finger on the pulse of this drama.

:semperfidelis: