Arin Hanson / Egoraptor / Grump - "Hey I'm Grump!" of Game Grumps fame, hypocritical SJW doxer, shat himself recording a let's play

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
Bizarre that a game with the GAME GRUMPS name on it that got some extensive marketing from Arin can't get more than 503 players. It doesn't even cost anything.
It's not too unusual. Back in the day TotalBiscuit made a video addressing this and said sometimes doing a WTF video on an indie game translated into barely any extra sales for them. Can't find it because Youtube search is fucking awful.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
he claims to have grown up poor so that's probably why he throws his money around like a moron.
X to doubt. I doubt Arin himself experienced much poverty. Even if his parents/guardians experienced financial hardship he was likely sheltered from it. People who live through genuine economic hardship tend to have at least some appreciation for what a dollar is worth. When you have to live within a set limit on your purchasing power, spending an extra two dollars on comfort quilt paper towels becomes a legitimate financial choice with implications on your future spending. Four-five bucks on bacon today means a carton of eggs and a quart of mi.lk you can't get tomorrow. Arin probably never had to make choices like that and so he has no concept of budgeting for the future.

I didn't realize Starcraft, Half Life and Baldur's Gate were console games.
Uncultured pleb.

Last edited:

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not too unusual. Back in the day TotalBiscuit made a video addressing this and said sometimes doing a WTF video on an indie game translated into barely any extra sales for them. Can't find it because Youtube search is fucking awful.
Oh sure, I can believe that. It's just that Game Grumps fans seem to be so... obsessive that I find it weird that they can't even take the time to play SJG. The merch seems to sell out quickly on the other hand.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Well, thank God I archived Ben's apology tweet: today, he just deleted that Tweet and is now resorting to blocking people instead.

And right as conversation about him there was dying down there, r/RantGrumps immediately caught onto this and rekindled the fanbase dumpster fire.
View attachment 1309611
View attachment 1309612
Well, pack it up boys. Clearly this is all wrapped up here. Nothing else to see or talk about.

Well, at least that's what morons think.

OmnipotentStupidity

kiwifarms.net
Well, pack it up boys. Clearly this is all wrapped up here. Nothing else to see or talk about.

Well, at least that's what morons think.
For real, if you try to post on r/GameGrumps or the YouTube channel right now, either your shit gets deleted or you have a barrage of Lovelies parroting the line about how Arin's taken care of things and that you should stop bringing up old hat and stop harassing them. Even if you've never even talked to any of the Grumps before this point.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Oh sure, I can believe that. It's just that Game Grumps fans seem to be so... obsessive that I find it weird that they can't even take the time to play SJG. The merch seems to sell out quickly on the other hand.
You have to remember that "selling out" really doesn't mean anything if we don't know how much merch they actually stock. You can sell out a book pretty easily if you only made 10 copies

Slimboy Fat

Check out my new weapon
kiwifarms.net
Yet, on the other side, everything Sseth reviews ends up with so much financial success that it often also hurts the previously established community.

Come to think of it, people that watch Sseth are far more likely to have a job than your average GG or TB viewer.

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1309810

To the people who complained about that one Game Grumps pin that cost $17, this one costs $20.
...Wtf? Is this what we've come to? Every stupid little in joke has to be monetized? So when does it start injecting itself into the content directly? Arin makes some stupid in-joke and then immediately uses it as a springboard to "Ironically" unironically shill his terribly overpriced and tacky shit which of course is directly related to the totally spontaneous and organic in joke that wasn't at all planned out ahead of time as an advertising front.

Fuckface34

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1309810

To the people who complained about that one Game Grumps pin that cost $17, this one costs $20.
Not only it's expensive, but damn that shit's ugly. Granted, it's not like the original sculptor had much to work with anyways, but it ended up looking more like an Easter Island Moai. Anything to keep feeding Arin's trading card collection to show on stream I guess.

OmnipotentStupidity

kiwifarms.net
More people on r/GameGrumps are realizing that nothing's actually happened with Ben given his Twitter/other info is continuing to be advertised in the description on their YouTube channel, and nothing at all's changed (if anything, we've regressed backwards after Ben deleted the Tweet.
And people are furious that they're even daring to question these things and not take Arin's word as gospel.
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.55.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.56.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.56.17 PM.png
As you also might've seen above, a common counterargument has been coming up more and more frequently, which people have been levying against "Ben detractors": "Well Arin and Dan make jokes about characters like toddlers and other minors in video games having sex constantly. Does that make them predators too?"

So.

...Make of that what you will.

Wonathan Joss

kiwifarms.net
I only just heard about this Ben drama. This might be the most extrordinarily retarded issue with the simplest solution ever that the Grumps have ever been in. Like you got an editor, he works for you, he gets paid by you, and he has done nothing but a bad job since he started to the point where you have to do his job for him at times (i.e. fixing the thumbnails he made), and now you find out that he's been thirsting after a minor for like three years and yet he hasn't been sacked yet??? Either Arin is a huge pussy and doesn't want to deal with firing him or Ben's got some serious blackmail on him or something. For God's sake, relatively speaking, even if Ben had some dirt about Jon's departure and the Sleepycabin crew's big fallout from Game Grumps, Arin can only gain from firing Ben's fat brony ass. That moron's ruining the Game Grumps' "brand's" reputation even more than ever now lmao

EDIT: I just gotta add. Arin saying “I appreciate the feedback. It has been taken care of” might be the most robotic non-response he could have made. That's like what Facebook you if you report a video. He's full of shit, though. Ben will still be working for them. I think, at worst, he's getting a two week suspension or something

Last edited:

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
I only just heard about this Ben drama. This might be the most extrordinarily exceptional issue with the simplest solution ever that the Grumps have ever been in. Like you got an editor, he works for you, he gets paid by you, and he has done nothing but a bad job since he started to the point where you have to do his job for him at times (i.e. fixing the thumbnails he made), and now you find out that he's been thirsting after a minor for like three years and yet he hasn't been sacked yet??? Either Arin is a huge pussy and doesn't want to deal with firing him or Ben's got some serious blackmail on him or something. For God's sake, relatively speaking, even if Ben had some dirt about Jon's departure and the Sleepycabin crew's big fallout from Game Grumps, Arin can only gain from firing Ben's fat brony ass. That moron's ruining the Game Grumps' "brand's" reputation even more than ever now lmao
Arin has repeatedly shown that he doesn't care about his brand or making money. He just wants to play video games for a couple of hours a week, upload him playing poorly, and talk about his dick. Expecting anything more than that would be tantamount to asking him to push a boulder uphill.

OmnipotentStupidity

kiwifarms.net
So I'm making this a new post and not editing the old one because this particular instance of the Lovely Defense Force, as I guess I'll call these types from now on, is really strange.

One Lovely named u/PeachyPoet on r/GameGrumps has been incredibly defense regarding Ben's behavior, and I mean really defensive to the point of revealing their own abuse so as to flaunt over the other Lovelies just how "not a big deal" this is, not realizing that they had just ruined their own points by doing so (they also seem to bring up abuse a lot out of nowhere and REALLY love to be a condescending dick to people; if you want to look back through their post history for a bit).

And then all this ensued shortly thereafter.
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.52.57 PM.png

EDIT: For reference, here's the deleted comment.
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.56.13 PM.png
r
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.53.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.53.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.53.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.53.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.45.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.46.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.46.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.46.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.46.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.47.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.47.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.47.36 PM.png
It's gotten to the point I'm now seriously debating whether or not this is an IRL friend of Ben's who's remaining anonymous to cover for him or some crazed leftist (given their history I can only assume they swing left) that's a closet pedo. Or both.

That aside, I guess my biggest question surrounding encounters like these is: why in the hell are people trying to defend this so much, and how are they failing to convince people this badly?

EDIT 2: My mistake, I got the abuse bit confused with the other possible pedophile, u/Mrunlikable.
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.00.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.01.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.01.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.02.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.02.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.02.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.03.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.03.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.03.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.05.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.05.08 PM.png
Y'know for a community that claims that teach piety and righteousness and champion themselves as people who are on the "right side of history with the Grumps", there sure seem to be a lotta kid fucker apologists over there.

EDIT 3: I just reread through one of the screenshots, and I completely forgot! MRUNLIKABLE BROUGHT UP HOW JACOB SARTORIUS WAS SOLICITING NUDES FROM HIS OWN FANS AS IF THAT MAKES THINGS BETTER! Holy shit this guy's a dumbass!

Last edited: