Arin Hanson / Egoraptor / Grump - "Hey I'm Grump!" of Game Grumps fame, hypocritical SJW doxer, shat himself recording a let's play

MahFibro!

kiwifarms.net
For reference, that not-pokemon game, Temtems, has dropped like a stone since it's release. It also peaked in January, and it also has done nothing but fall since...

And it's still higher at it's worst than SJG at it's best.

View attachment 1453661
According to a post on r/rantgrumps, Arin has started playing the game on other Livestreams to promote his garbage game (starting off with Inside Gaming).

If he's resorting to this tactic (using his friends/connections to sell this visual eyesore to larger audience), how long before Arin starts pressuring Markiplier and Jacksepticeye to play his garbage game on their far superior channels?

Kiwiman0423

kiwifarms.net
According to a post on r/rantgrumps, Arin has started playing the game on other Livestreams to promote his garbage game (starting off with Inside Gaming).

If he's resorting to this tactic (using his friends/connections to sell this visual eyesore to larger audience), how long before Arin starts pressuring Markiplier and Jacksepticeye to play his garbage game on their far superior channels?
More like pays them to play it. Does Mark even talk to Arin anymore?

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Next up - Jacksepticeye (maybe next week, if Markiplier's promotion doesn't get the numbers high enough).
I mean they got a boost. Just not a very good one, all things considered.
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.33.19 PM.png

Also the Game Grumps donated a whole $10 towards the end of the stream. How generous of them.
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.29.38 PM.png

Even with Mark's stream and Steam advertising it, those numbers are abysmal.

The game also crashed numerous times due to so many people playing it at once on Mark's stream when he first tried to play it, so...yeah, even for the 1.0 release this game is nowhere near stable enough to hold those numbers.

MahFibro!

kiwifarms.net
I mean they got a boost. Just not a very good one, all things considered.
View attachment 1461407
And seeing as the game is free to play, those numbers mean jack all unless those new players are buying the add ons/loot boxes.

Also the Game Grumps donated a whole $10 towards the end of the stream. How generous of them.
View attachment 1461408
'Hey, big spender...'

Even with Mark's stream and Steam advertising it, those numbers are abysmal.
And are likely to drop right back down to virtually nothing the moment Markiplier stops playing it/his fans realize it's nowhere near as fun/entertaining as their idol made it out to be (which begs to question - would that negatively affect Markiplier's reputation for promoting this glitchy/ill conceived mess of a game?)

MahFibro!

kiwifarms.net
Mark's stream actually ended a few minutes after I made that post, and wouldn't you know it:
View attachment 1461522
Jesus H. Christ, even Battleborn had better player retention.
An almost 700 drop - that's incredibly sad; as it confirms the only reason the numbers spiked was because Markiplier's fans wanted to play with their idol; not because the game was genuinely entertaining.

The only way Arin is going to keep those player number on the higher end is if he pays his more popular connections to livestream the game frequently (and if he hopes to make a profit off the game; he's got to hope his connections can convince their fanbase to waste money on the skins/add ons/merch).

Coach McGuirk

Alcoholic Soccer Coach
kiwifarms.net
The thing with soviet jump game is that it was made right after, and obviously jumping off the fame of, this battle royale version of Super Mario Bros

Thing is that just as this was blowing up it got taken down by nintendo and people moved on, so I guess they hoped SJG was gonna be the grand return of this but didn't see why people liked it
SJG could probably be interesting and even fun if it didn't genuinely reek of visual diarihha, its all flashing colors and terrible design, nothing blends with the gameplay and it serves mostly to be distracting and visually gross.

Also has anyone else been getting YouTube ads of Arin in bad oldman cosplay promoting his book?

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
And it’s happening. Should be interesting to see what this does to the game’s charts, 70K viewers are watching.

My God, last time I watched Markiplier was probably around 12/13 during the drunk minecraft days. Stopped watching when he started capitalizing on the whole "I'm such a nice guy, I love all of my followers, you're all unique and beautiful, don't skip my ads" spiel. Last thing I heard was that he was selling overpriced "gamer clothes" (whatever that's supposed to be) to his mostly underage fangirls.

Guess he hasn't become a better person since then.

Herdwatcher

Birdwatcher turned lolcow enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
SJG could probably be interesting and even fun if it didn't genuinely reek of visual diarihha, its all flashing colors and terrible design, nothing blends with the gameplay and it serves mostly to be distracting and visually gross.
Isn't Arin super PC and inclusive? Why does his shitty game have epilepsybait?? I know GG is pretty much just publishing the game but you'd think the devs would get a note or something so they don't get sued.

There was some good sperging a decent couple pages back about how bad the art is so I don't want to go into it too much, but...
Yeah the sprites' silhouettes aren't readable at all and the contrast is nigh non existent. If the devs didn't know how to do good pixel art (which is fine, most people- including me- don't) then why make it pixel art? It's also a pet peeve of mine when they don't use system accurate colours especially for something they tried to sell as a legit thing via their ARG shenanigans (:autism: I know). I wouldn't give that much of a shit if the colours they chose instead were decent.
(EDIT: If we have any animation nerds in the house feel free to try to break down any problems with the game from that standpoint. I could try but I'd be talking out of my ass for the most part. I can tell this shit's off but I can't put my finger on why.)

One thing I haven't seen addressed is how shit the sound effects seem? Making non-earbleeding bitcrushed shit is by no way easy but SJG got on my nerves in the trailer alone. Even just as a casul I've come across heaps of blogspot and wordpress blogs from like 2012 about how to make accurate retro SFX that doesn't sound like a compressed tumble drier. Shovel Knight from a couple years back is an absolute standout when it comes to that. And generally nailing the retro game aesthetic without making it unpalatable to modern audiences.

Point is, the sound effects sound really annoying and grating. The visuals aren't much better, as people have already broken down.
Even if you don't have sensory issues I feel like the game would give you eyestrain and or a headache pretty easily-- did they beta test this at all? Oh wait, it's also a bugfest.

Can we talk about how likely it was this thing has been, is currently and will continue to be horrifically mismanaged? Why release a raw ass beta? That pretty much always leads to bad publicity and a stigma against the game. Hasn't anyone learned anything from the Steam Greenlight days? It's not like they're doing it for extra money the game is FREE. I feel like so many of the things they're fucking up is such common sense stuff. You could really describe the whole company with that...

Sorry if this is both autistic and A-loggy but the Grumps being seemingly unable to release a decent product is kind of baffling with how long they've been at it, and with their resources they could just, y'know, hire someone who knows what they're doing. But then we wouldn't have stuff to post about and that's no fun. ;(

Also has anyone else been getting YouTube ads of Arin in bad oldman cosplay promoting his book?
Pls link. This dead horse by now is a dead horse smoothie.

Last edited:

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
So the game has ties with Soviet Russia? Is this because of an old Mario joke or is Arin trying to support communism in his own special way?
It's supposed to be a soviet off-brand version of mario. They arent super known for off-brand stuff here so it's kind of a dumb name.