Arin Hanson / Egoraptor / Grump - "Hey I'm Grump!" of Game Grumps fame, hypocritical SJW doxer, shat himself recording a let's play

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
But how can you go on to a conference like that, with all of those people, and have less to say about how good Xbox is than fucking Ninja?
To be fair, Microsoft recently gave Ninja a gigantic pile of money so I imagine he's going to be giving them some praise for a while - regardless of how Mixer died.

MahFibro!

kiwifarms.net

FeatherDuster

Take this L bro, it's real.
kiwifarms.net
..wasn't The Grumps channel made to interact with the fanbase (topics being unrelated to videogames)? Why not put this pointless crap there instead of making a whole new channel dedicated to Arin unboxing MTG card packs?
I'm guessing he and Danny need more money to order food during the middle of game grumps episodes, and he thinks this'll be the best way to do it.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
I’ve just been catching up on the last ~2 months of this thread and I just have to say:

how the hell do these people (Arin and Suzy) have so many instances of themselves saying the gamer word in videos they willingly put out publicly?

I mean, do any of you have even one instance of you saying that word under your real name in a public place online and leaving it up for years, let alone repeatedly? I wouldn’t think most people would, and most people aren’t moderately famous to boot.

It’s just like, what the fuck is with those two thinking that word is the height of comedy and thinking it would be a good idea to say it on record? With how preachy they are I wonder if they assume everyone else has done the same thing

Suck the Cock

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve just been catching up on the last ~2 months of this thread and I just have to say:

how the hell do these people (Arin and Suzy) have so many instances of themselves saying the gamer word in videos they willingly put out publicly?

I mean, do any of you have even one instance of you saying that word under your real name in a public place online and leaving it up for years, let alone repeatedly? I wouldn’t think most people would, and most people aren’t moderately famous to boot.

It’s just like, what the fuck is with those two thinking that word is the height of comedy and thinking it would be a good idea to say it on record? With how preachy they are I wonder if they assume everyone else has done the same thing
It's a natural result of being an attention-seeking loon with no personality of your own. Most people don't put their real name on a public place online at all, because they don't need approval from random terminally-online morons in the first place. When you don't have any identity of your own, you do whatever you can to appease the maniacs in charge of your popularity, and when the popular culture changes you have to change too.

Arin got his start in the edgy days of Newgrounds, where gore and swearing were funny and cool, because most of the people on the internet were teenagers learning they don't have to follow their parents. Now the internet is super offended and obsessed with tone policing, because the loudest voices are people who have too much free time, and therefore haven't experienced real hardship and are probably depressed. I'm sure when Arin gets old he'll become a depressed boomer espousing how much better things were back in the day, because in 50 years old people will have finally caught up to the internet and will be the biggest demographic. Arin doesn't think ahead, he thinks whatever the current cultural zeitgeist is will always be correct.

Sorry to bring up Stamper again, I'm archiving again but don't know what I'm going to do with it (maybe a newgrounds alumni thread?). I just figured since Stamper has been brought up a bunch here and was a recent discussion, this might be relevant.

I guess Stamper is in Wyoming to see his mom. She posted pics and our boy is looking rough.
View attachment 1467176View attachment 1467178View attachment 1467179
stark contrast to the pics Stamper posts of himself
KingCobra and Stamper crossover when?

Digger10

kiwifarms.net
Good question. What really gets me about Suzy's "I've had nothing but bad interactions with black people all week" quote isn't so much the racism, it's that she was stupid enough to post a blatantly racist message on social media.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Good question. What really gets me about Suzy's "I've had nothing but bad interactions with black people all week" quote isn't so much the racism, it's that she was stupid enough to post a blatantly racist message on social media.
I actually didn’t know that was part of what she said, but that makes it extra interesting and kind of funny to me because I remember back in the day she often got around to modeling jobs via bus, so she probably did have a lot of those kind of unpleasant interactions with melanated folks. Now that she lives in a multi-million dollar home and it’s been years since she was on anything closer to public transit than a first class flight, it’s probably easy for her to feel like she was wrong for ever noticing that pattern and saying so. I bet if she still had to deal with that shit she wouldn’t feel any differently today than she did in 2010 or so.

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net

Shot in the dark, but I think it's because Arin's (and Suzy) were in that golden time where you could say that word under the excuse of being "edgy" and also just the right age where they could deflect critiques by saying as such, that they were just trying to be funny because they were young and dumb but they're better people.

Sort of playing devils advocate here, but Oney still has a bunch of his old animations up that throw around the word "fag" at least once or twice per video and he hasn't really gotten called out on it, at least to not any real effect. For some reason a decent amount of millennials are capable of understanding that the mid-2000's early 2010's internet was a different time where that stuff was just...acceptable, hell, they probably laughed at it and left comments on his video's saying how funny his was.

Same principle here I think, someone could try and call Arin out on this would also be at the risk of being exposed at laughing at this when it was posted and any defense they could use could also be used by Arin. Ironically people are more willing to embrace the concept of "it was a product of it's time, judging it by today's standards is wrong" when it's their dirty laundry that being hung out to dry.

Stephanie Bustcakes

You've nutted to my profile picture, haven't you?
kiwifarms.net
Shot in the dark, but I think it's because Arin's (and Suzy) were in that golden time where you could say that word under the excuse of being "edgy" and also just the right age where they could deflect critiques by saying as such, that they were just trying to be funny because they were young and dumb but they're better people.

Sort of playing devils advocate here, but Oney still has a bunch of his old animations up that throw around the word "fag" at least once or twice per video and he hasn't really gotten called out on it, at least to not any real effect. For some reason a decent amount of millennials are capable of understanding that the mid-2000's early 2010's internet was a different time where that stuff was just...acceptable, hell, they probably laughed at it and left comments on his video's saying how funny his was.
He still says it all the time on Oneyplays. He even said it when Dingdong and Julian were cohosts, and they're both gay. Oney doesn't have to worry about being cancelled because he never pandered to the sjws in the first place.

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
He still says it all the time on Oneyplays. He even said it when Dingdong and Julian were cohosts, and they're both gay. Oney doesn't have to worry about being cancelled because he never pandered to the sjws in the first place.
That's a good point, Oney's in a position where he just doesn't give a shit and has made it clear he isn't racist/ homophobic/ whatever to anyone that bothers to take two second to know him, and those who don't and start screaming about him aren't going to turn anyone off from him. Think it over, Oney wasn't the best example, a slightly better example would be The Nostalgia Critic.

While he never went as far as Oney, the Critic did have some bite to him back in the day, but has become far more political correct in recent years. While I know he was put in some shit a while back, that wasn't because of any old jokes, that was because he was shit at running his company.

But I digress, I still think most people don't want to dog-pile on Arin because a lot of them grew up with Egoraptur/ Game Grumps, compared to Paula Deen who most people who know how to use a computer today just see as an old white lady who was on T.V a long time ago and said something a little racist even longer ago. Of course, this is just me shooting from the hip, I could be completely wrong.

bricked

kiwifarms.net
to be fair he always says it in a humorous way in the first place, to the point it sounds more like a term of endearment than you know, an actual hateful thing.

Lin Marin

RRU
kiwifarms.net
In all fairness, there was a point some 10-15 years ago where you had the feeling that the gravity of such terms was going away. Particularly if you were partaking in the extremely online culture that, at the time, felt like a supranational place not bound by cultural norms rather than the America Web Edition that it is today.

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chris isn't shit tho lmao remember when he got fired from fire emblem

I was only really into newgrounds around like...2004/2005 and I don't remember Arin at all. When was he there?

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Chris isn't shit tho lmao remember when he got fired from fire emblem

I was only really into newgrounds around like...2004/2005 and I don't remember Arin at all. When was he there?
Like Lin said, his first animation was back in '06, but he was active on it back when he made an account back in 2001. He just never uploaded anything and only commented on the NG forums and various other animations on the site until then.