Arizona teen stabbed to death at convenience store, allegedly for playing rap music -

King Buzzo

I'm starboard to nowhere on the Milky Way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Arizona teen stabbed to death at convenience store, allegedly for playing rap music
"If you're saying that his music is too loud, you're going to kill him?" the teen's father said. "If he asked Elijah to turn it down, he would've probably turned it down."

Civil rights activists are calling for a hate crime investigation into the alleged killing of a black teenager by a white man just out of prison.

Michael Adams, 27, stabbed the 17-year-old in the neck at a Circle K convenience store in Peoria, Arizona, in the early hours of Thursday morning, the Peoria Police Department said. The boy died at the hospital from his injuries shortly afterward.

Adams told investigators that he attacked the boy because he heard him listening to rap music in his car, according to the Arizona Republic. Adams reportedly said rap music makes him feel unsafe because he has been attacked by people in the past who listened to it.

NBC News could not independently verify this report.

The victim's family, speaking to NBC Phoenix affiliate KPNX, identified the teen as Elijah Al-Amin.

Adams was charged with premeditated first-degree murder and appeared in a Maricopa County court the same day as the stabbing.

The alleged attack took place just two days after Adams was released from prison, where he had completed a sentence for aggravated assault and theft.

Image: 17 year-old Elijah Al-Amin was stabbed to death at a convenience store in Peoria, Arizona on July 4, 2019.

17 year-old Elijah Al-Amin was stabbed to death at a convenience store in Peoria, Arizona on July 4, 2019.

In video obtained by KPNX, Adams' attorney Jacie Cotterell argued in court that the attack was "a failing on the part of the Department of Corrections," and said that despite symptoms of mental illness, "multiple prior felonies and a history of potentially unprovoked dangerous behavior," Adams was released into the community without medication or support.

But civil rights advocates say Al-Amin's killing should be treated as a hate crime.

"Michael Adams walked up to a Black teen, Elijah Al-Amin, as he stood at the soda machine and slit his throat b/c he felt threatened by the music he listened to in his car," Kristen Clark, executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, wrote on Twitter.

"We must call this what it is — a hate crime — and demand a thorough investigation at the highest level," the Human Rights Campaign wrote.

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey also called for the crime to be investigated by the Justice Department.

In an interview with KPNX, the victim's father, Rahim Al-Amin, said, "To follow him behind in a store and stab him? I don't care what mental issues you have. You know right from wrong."

"If you're saying that his music is too loud, you're going to kill him?" Rahim Al-Amin said. "I mean like, if he asked Elijah to turn it down, he would've probably turned it down. That's just who Elijah was. 'Oh my bad.' That's probably what he would've said," he added.

The Arizona Department of Corrections told KPNX that Adams had not been classified as seriously mentally ill, and was provided with contact information for resources in the community after he was released from prison July 2.

"Upon release, he was provided transportation from ASPC-Yuma to Maricopa County, after which he was no longer under the Department’s legal jurisdiction and the Department had no further legal authority over him," Department of Corrections spokesman Bill Lamoreaux said in a statement to KPNX.

"The tragic death is terrible, and Mr. Adams will have to answer for his alleged actions," the spokesman said.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Waiting for the surveillance footage. Call me a skeptic, but "This angry white dude that hates hip hop just walked up to a black kid at a vending machine and stabbed him to death because of a phobia" sounds like the exact sort of bullshit narrative that gets debunked as soon as video footage comes out.
That or schizophrenia. Just Plain Crazy is always a possibility.

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
Oh, I'm not saying it's impossible.

I'm just saying that because of the race-baiting media and organizations, every time I hear about some poor black teen child baby being murdered by some racist hateful evil white devil... I half expect to see some 19-year-old violent criminal getting shot.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
I'll have to see if I can find the article I was linked earlier, but it specified that the accused had a long, documented history of mental health issues, and I think it included paranoia. It'll take me a bit to figure out who mentioned the article, to see if I can get the link.

Niggernerd

Fumika reading on a lovely day in the fall
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna be devil's advocate and say this could very well be an actual racist, there are some insane people out there. Not to mention the dude's been convicted. This doesn't seem like the race bait stories they usually run.
you could very well be right but personally I still think he's just your average demented human being that just saw a easy victim at night in a shady part place that cops would take their time to go to because it's just a daily occurrence at these kinds of places or something of that caliber.

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Basil II

National Opthalmologist of Bulgaria
kiwifarms.net
you could very well be right but personally I still think he's just your average demented human being that just saw a easy victim at night in a shady part place that cops would take their time to go to because it's just a daily occurrence at these kinds of places or something of that caliber.
true, either way the dude is fucking insane, I don't think "hate crimes" are really worse than regular crimes, someone still died.

SugarSnot

You will not want it after reading the tags.
kiwifarms.net
People playing music in public like that is legitimately annoying. It's like bad body odor for the nose, or dressing like a clown for the eyes. If you constantly do something that is annoying then you run into the small likelihood of meeting people that deal with it violently. Most people keep the peace, but there exist those that look for any excuse to do the opposite.

The Pink Panther

A Year Without Pinky Claus Is A Year Wasted
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So an obviously deranged, ex-convicted criminal with alcohol fetal syndrome face stabbed a kid for an admittedly exceptional reason and of course Kiwi Farms immediately transforms him into a white dindu who dindu nuffin and demands video evidence.
If it didn't happen so much already, we wouldn't have to assume this scenario.

It's not like we're going to blindly trust the media and hearsay then and there.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So an obviously deranged, ex-convicted criminal with alcohol fetal syndrome face stabbed a kid for an admittedly exceptional reason and of course Kiwi Farms immediately transforms him into a white dindu who dindu nuffin and demands video evidence.

Stay classy guys.
To be fair, he was playing rap music.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino