Arknights Sperging - You know, the other Yostar Gacha Game.

King Koalemos

kiwifarms.net
Spent 30 and got the pack for a 10 pull and the recruitment thing. Did 20 pulls today no Mudrock sad. Well now i just gotta decide who i wanna pick from that recruitment as i dont have a lot of them. I'm thinking Silverash or Bagpipe.

Silverash remains a solid choice even with all of the newer OP guards coming out. Few other operators can compete with his ability to erase whole waves of enemies. I use him in the new annihilation map and place those SP giving devices by him. It's almost comical how hard he carries that map. Bagpipe is pretty good, but I would say SA takes priority if you don't have him yet.

Silverash, Hellagur, Mostima, Bagpipe, Magallan, Phantom, Schwarz, Ceobe and Rosa are the ones i can pick from that i don't have.
Silverash is extremely good for burst damage. Bagpipe is a nutty vanguard with great DPS.

The rest aren't as good but Ceobe and Hellagur have quite a few uses. Although if you have Eyja then Ceobe isn't a high priority. Hellagur's great but Utage can sorta fill the enmity guard slot until he gets a rateup.

the rest are fine but not game defining.

shasetoma.

🔨
kiwifarms.net
Silverash, Hellagur, Mostima, Bagpipe, Magallan, Phantom, Schwarz, Ceobe and Rosa are the ones i can pick from that i don't have.
  • Hellagur and Mostima are considered niche. They only see a lot of use in specific CC maps. For more general use, the former falls off as more self healing, non-emnity guards come out and the latter suffers from the usual drawbacks of AoE casters.
  • Bagpipe has the power of a duelist guard with the low cost of a vanguard. She's very useful in the early phases of a map to deal with mooks, and her E2 talent can be paired with Myrtle/Elysium S1 to get DP very quickly which is a godsend in situations where DP gain is slowed.
  • I have neither Magellan nor Phantom, but they are both staple units for trust farming. They're not must-have units, but they can be fun to play with and enable some interesting strats.
  • Schwarz is mostly used for boss killing. She's fallen off with the introduction of units like Surtr, but I remember doing a few Fungimist runs with her and she proved to be quite useful there.
  • Ceobe is a weird sidegrade to Eyja. Past a certain threshold of target defense, Ceobe will outdamage Eyja, which lets her get a leg up against certain enemies and bosses. Not really worth it if you already have Eyja, but I'm personally a sucker for the dumb dog character archetype that she embodies.
  • Rosa is quite niche, but I've seen her used to take care of those annoying bombing drones that show up in ch8 fairly well. I wouldn't get her for that regardless.
All things considered, SA is still the best choice in terms of sheer effectiveness. He still sees use even in the newest event in CN.

Last edited:

King Koalemos

kiwifarms.net
  • Hellagur and Mostima are considered niche. They only see a lot of use in specific CC maps. For more general use, the former falls off as more self healing, non-emnity guards come out and the latter suffers from the usual drawbacks of AoE casters.
  • Bagpipe has the power of a duelist guard with the low cost of a vanguard. She's very useful in the early phases of a map to deal with mooks, and her E2 talent can be paired with Myrtle/Elysium S1 to get DP very quickly which is a godsend in situations where DP gain is slowed.
  • I have neither Magellan nor Phantom, but they are both staple units for trust farming. They're not must-have units, but they can be fun to play with and enable some interesting strats.
  • Schwarz is mostly used for boss killing. She's fallen off with the introduction of units like Surtr, but I remember doing a few Fungimist runs with her and she proved to be quite useful there.
  • Ceobe is a weird sidegrade to Eyja. Past a certain threshold of target defense, Ceobe will outdamage Eyja, which lets her get a leg up against certain enemies and bosses. Not really worth it if you already have Eyja, but I'm personally a sucker for the dumb dog character archetype that she embodies.
  • Rosa is quite niche, but I've seen her used to take care of those annoying bombing drones that show up in ch8 fairly well. I wouldn't get her for that regardless.
All things considered, SA is still the best choice in terms of sheer effectiveness. He still sees use even in the newest event in CN.
Bagpipe is an incredibly busted dp-on-kill vanguard and the ONLY painful part is the orirock grinding for her promo mats.

Can confirm Mostima is just kinda niche. She's nice to have if you roll her but I would never slap 30 bucks down for her. She's basically got great skill 2+3 and a lot of CC related effects. Oh and she boosts caster SP gain if you like that but those don't stack.

Rosa is fun but again, wouldn't pay 30 bucks for her. She's fun with her niche but ultimately kinda not anywhere close to being a "must have" or "gamechanger". I've used her for the Knights event bc she hit high defense dudes and kills them good but also the positioning there allowed me to use her weird range.

SA>Bagpipe>Ceobe> the rest Methinks for the guy who asked. SA is reliable burst damage and all that jazz. His other talents are decent too. Bagpipe's a good vanguard who can larp as a duelist guard if you need it. Ceobe isn't someone I have but you can't go wrong with someone who's essentially a sidegraded Eyja that auto-targets high defense units and slags them.

King Koalemos

kiwifarms.net
E2'd Bibeak. Got Eyja from the anni. ticket and got Exusiai from the TOP OPERATOR TAG in recruitment.

I'm gonna be e2ing a pair of 6 stars back to back. Then idk what else after that.