Art Critique + Advice -

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
I used to draw so much for while in school. Once I hit college I started slacking on it, and also started doing other forms of arts/crafts and kind of forgot how to draw. I've been thinking that I should go back and redraw some of my old pieces to get back into it.

...Except I was apparently really into Neopets way back and a lot of my old sketches the first few years are furry stuff before I even knew about furry stuff. But I can try finding a decent human candidate to redo and maybe I'll post it here eventually.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

eeeeeeeeeeeee_diot

it takes a really high iq to understand validate
kiwifarms.net
Any advice for ears? I have absolutely no idea on how to draw ears or how it connects to the face. I'm watching Proko's Anatomy Basics video on ears and shit, but is there anything I should keep in mind?

Neurotic Loser

Lurker who needs to Lurk MOAR
kiwifarms.net
Any advice for ears? I have absolutely no idea on how to draw ears or how it connects to the face. I'm watching Proko's Anatomy Basics video on ears and shit, but is there anything I should keep in mind?
Just remember that they're connected to the head at eye level and the same level as the bottom of the nose.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Break them down to their basic shape. They're "C" shaped or like half a heart shape. Very top of the curve is about eyebrow height and everything else Neurotic Loser said is correct. Honestly, just buy or download the Michael Hampton book, he knows his shit.

Surf and TERF

Ouisandrê
kiwifarms.net
Simplify them way more than they actually are, or else they'll distract from more important facial features. It's okay to lower the value range even if that's not how it looks in the reference (no black pits in the ear canal). They also tend to be a little pinker than everything else on the head so a touch (don't over do it, a single brush stroke, if anything) of more saturated color along the edge can add a nice accent.

The left images demonstrate all of these points and the right image touches on everything except for the color stuff.

1595710598772.png
1595710931379.png
1595710715961.png

Tags
None