Careercow Ash/Anna Kreider / Wundergeek / Go Make Me a Sandwich - Takes Feminist Gamer Critic to a New Level

LoverofPi

Mmmmm, delicious pi.
kiwifarms.net
It's probably for space concerns, but isn't there magic to switch genders in the series? They really wouldn't be trans anymore if they used it.

Belt/ Girdle/ Whatever of gender change, yes. Magical, instant, complete change. It means trans as an identity wouldn't exist even remotely the same way as in our would because there is no process of transition, there's just poof, it's done.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
It's probably for space concerns, but isn't there magic to switch genders in the series? They really wouldn't be trans anymore if they used it.

The character in Wrath of the Righteous was originally a man who felt he was always a woman and dated a half-orc female paladin. I believe the character was saving for the Elixer before they were injured.

Also, it's a magical effect, you could dispel it. Best way to change your sex without a DM screwing you over is by Miracle or Wish

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Anny is developing a new game and this one looks like an improvement over her usual stuff of dying of cancer, women and non-binaries (unless they're transmen) fighting the patriachy, and doomed magical girls.

Death Knights is a PBTA game that I've been designing off and on for several years. It's a high fantasy game about traumatized people who swore revenge on the universe and accepted a terrible bargain: gain great power in exchange for a binding vow to end all of existence. You are committed to this terrible path, but there are still people you left behind, people you love, who you can't turn your back on.

Here's hoping she doesn't turn it into her usual schtick of social justice and doom.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
Let's see what Anna's been up to...

Reviewing the March update, it feels like I didn't get nearly as much done - but the reality is that rather than lots of little things, I achieved one really big thing:

More Seats at the Table

In March, I had some conversations with Kira Magrann about our mutual frustrations with the perception that games by and about not-cismen are perceived as being only FOR not-cismen. This conversation led to us cooking up the idea of an email newsletter to promote games by marginalized designers - targeting cismen who would then either promote these games or purchase them. From there, we enlisted the amazing Misha Bushyager of New Agenda Publishing and Kimberley Lam, author of Atop a Lonely Tower - to help us work out the kinks in the idea and plan next steps.

Of course, launching successfully required promotional assistance from a number of dude publishers with large audiences. We had more than 30 dude publishers help with our launch (I honestly lost count), and with their help More Seats has 444 subscribers and 135 patrons (the Patreon being created to reimburse the four of us for our time and to cover costs, since Mail Chimp is only free up to 2000 subscribers).

Organizing all of this was a pretty huge task, since it involved deciding on policy, creating email templates, researching initial content, coordinating promotional efforts, setting up a Patreon, and generally trying to communicate with lots of folks while also not giving too much of the project away before launch. So it's not too surprising that this ended up consuming most of my attention social-justice wise for the month of April - especially given that a show ended up eating up lots of my attention. However, a couple other things that I was pleased to achieve involve:

• Tearing up Twitter with some widely read threads about the Toronto van attack.
  • Completing an initial pass at reverse engineering my Kickstarter budget spreadsheet as a resource for new designers and publishers
  • "Drive-by affirmations" whenever I had extra spoons for marginalized folks in need of support

We get this little tidbit from her new group about why it's ok for a group about "diveristy and inclusion" to kick out men. Because being nuetral is a vote for the male status-quo.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
The Death knights game sounds like a juvenille revenge fantasy, if anything it's her pathological loathing of humanity stripped of the sjw trappings. I honestly have no objection to her setting up her exclusion groups since it will prove educational for her when she realizes she's still a misrable cow.

Also she's fucking mental if she thinks 'cishet men' don't play things which arnt like them. I've lost count of the number of times I've played a girl, a non-human, some inhuman monster and most roleplayers would agree with that sentiment unless you're some cringey autist who only plays elves.

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I honestly have no objection to her setting up her exclusion groups since it will prove educational for her when she realizes she's still a misrable cow.

She sure isn't fun around in regular settings. As I said before, while I've put up with annoying people and a "creepy guy", I never really faced the abuse feminist gamers say there is.

So let's talk about the non-pology from Origins leadership, even if they did the right thing, because "not following politics" or "wanting to just focus on everybody having fun" is a particular brand of exclusion. Because "chill" and "fun" spaces are the most exclusive. Because there's this thing that happens in "chill" and "fun-focused" spaces where you will get pushed out for making things "unfun" and "political" by insisting on things like being treated like a person or not having to tolerate harassing behavior. White men's dignity is universal and non-political, whereas the dignity of marginalized people is political and unfun. See how that works? And when I draw attention to bad behavior, I am Ruining Everyone's Fun.

When you become known as a Fun Ruiner, you get pushed out of the "chill" and "fun" space because you become antithetical to the goal of "let's just have fun". Because what they REALLY mean is they are prioritizing the fun and comfort of cishet white dudes. MY fun as a marginalized person doesn't ever matter. Pointing out that it is impossible for me to "just have fun" when people are making rape jokes or being aggressively sexist or actually harassing me results in less net fun for the group, you see. The individual fun of cishet white men comes first. Then the fun of the group as a whole. And only THEN, if they're feeling generous, the fun of marginalized people. To bring this back to Origins. I have repeatedly heard Origins described as a "relaxed" and "super chill" convention. I DO NOT THINK it is a coincidence that every time I go, I find myself wondering where are the fucking women are.

There are good people who go to Origins! But when I am there, there is a constant low-level gender threat analysis running in the back of my head that doesn't happen at other cons, despite it being "super chill". So let's ditch "chill" as a positive event/community descriptor and start looking at which events and communities are diverse and inclusive. Because I guarantee that diversity and inclusion has been a WAY MORE RELIABLE fun indicator this past decade than "chillness".

A Pretty Nerd Famous dude who used to work for A Flagship Tabletop RPG Company sent me a request to connect on a professional social network and I have spent the past few days giving the request side-eye, in case you wanted to know how not-great TTRPGs is towards women. To be clear, this dude is PROBABLY FINE. I have NO DATA to support my suspicion. Except, you know, for my years of being trained that unsolicited overtures from dudes have a high incidence of not working out well for me. But, you know. It's probably me just being an OVERLY DRAMATIC BITCH AGAIN.

• Lunacy
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
She sure isn't fun around in regular settings. As I said before, while I've put up with annoying people and a "creepy guy", I never really faced the abuse feminist gamers say there is.

I think Anna's standards of harrasment and abuse are a lot looser than most people's In the first one she's genuinly enraged about the context of a apology. In that second one she's effectively ranting about being driven to hysterics by an invite from a peer who happens to be a dude.

I suspect meerly being in a prodominatly male group qualifies. She clearly considers their presense an insult.

Does anyone know Anna's mental illness actually is? This over the top meladramatic behavour, dubious claims combined with the fact the indie scene is obviously going out their way to protect her and she's still salty as fuck implies whatever her problem is it might be affecting her personality on a day to day basis anst she's not actually making any attempt to control it.

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
I think Anna's standards of harrasment and abuse are a lot looser than most people's In the first one she's genuinly enraged about the context of a apology. In that second one she's effectively ranting about being driven to hysterics by an invite from a peer who happens to be a dude.

I suspect meerly being in a prodominatly male group qualifies. She clearly consider their presense an insult.

Does anyone know Anna's mental illness actually is? This over the top meladramatic behavour, dubious claims combined with the fact the indie scene is obviously going out their way to protect her and she's still salty as fuck implies whatever her problem is it might be affecting her personality on a day to day basis anst she's not actually making any attempt to control it.
I know anxiety is a major one (she doesn't like making phone calls for her psychologist appointments over the phone because she gets too agitated) and I think she might have depression as well.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
I have some familiarity with both conditions, by which I mean exposed to sufferers of both for most of my life now (I have a loathing of both conditions in way which could be described as intimate). The behavoir she displays matches the symptoms but her tendancy towards splitting, her relentlessly agressive nature and her tendancy to loose her shit over nothing makes me think she might suffer from Borderline personality disorder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

The most distinguishing symptoms of BPD are marked sensitivity to rejection or criticism, and intense fear of possible abandonment. Overall, the features of BPD include unusually intense sensitivity in relationships with others, difficulty regulating emotions, and impulsivity. Other symptoms may include feeling unsure of one's personal identity, morals, and values; having paranoid thoughts when feeling stressed; dissociation and depersonalization

I think we might be dealing with someone with either an mis/undiagnosed mental illness or someone whose community is recklessly enabling their illness to protect her feelings.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
When ever I read her Tweets, I keep picturing her screaming/screeching it out (even if it's typed normally).

Pet peeve: People who draw werewolves or cat-person women with huge, barely covered tits. IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO THAT SHIT, BE ACCURATE AND GIVE THEM SIX TITS. However, only do that with mammals. If you put tits on a snake/lizard/dragon person, that is bad and you should feel bad about yourself.

Then someone posted this as a responce and we have yet to know what Anna thinks of it.

STAR WARS FANS WHO ARE MEN AND THINK THEY ARE "DECENT DUDES". When someone shares a "support Kelly Tran" thing, DO. NOT!!!! Respond with "yeah but The Last Jedi sucked". NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR FUCKING OPINION, CHAD.

• Lunacy

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
Some more goodies from Anna...
The most on-brand thing I have done this month: today I got angry and wrote a 7 page statistical analysis of how hard someone fucked up, with graphs and everything, in one day. DO NOT FUCK WITH ME. I KNOW HOW TO QUANTIFY YOUR STUPIDITY.
But CHILDREN are PEOPLE, and expressing blanket hatred of a group of people isn't fucking okay.
And this is coming from a woman who has a total hatred of men to the point she made a convention event where they get humilated.

• Feels

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Nice to see that she's totally failed to grow as a person after her sabbatical.

Intersectional while well intentioned is completly self-defeating in terms of praxis and Anna uses woke politics as a medium to be manevolant towards people she others. This will end badly.

Last edited:

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Crystal Frasier was associated with her? Reminds me that I miss Venus Envy, a decent webcomic that Frasier abandoned and then came back to with an inexplicably shittier artstyle.

I'm old.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
a comedy LARP about gender essentialism, heterosexism, and the rigidity of gender expectations
Players: 9-12 (including facilitator)
Time required: 2 hours

In The Straights Are Not Okay, you will play a group of people at a gender reveal party in a national forest. Nominally, party attendees are there to support the expectant parents, but during play you will use the occasion to vent frustrations and resentments with other party guests in the pettiest, most passive-aggressive manner possible. The game will end when the gender reveal goes hilariously wrong and the party-goers burn down the forest.

Content Warning: This game revolves around themes of gender-essentialism, gender binarism, and heterosexism, although it does so as a way of holding up a critical lens to these common stereotypes. In The Straights Are Not Okay, you will all play characters who are cisgender and heterosexual (or claim to be heterosexual), although each character may be played by any person of any gender or sexuality. Players should not feel obligated to align their character choices with their own gender.

Sounds Hilarious.

Tags
None