Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW YOU KILL YOUR OWN MOM JUST SO YOU COULD FUCK YOUR ADOPTIVE SISTER

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TriHards

kiwifarms.net
LMAOOO, The spamming on /a/ is gold and every AOT reader was chimping out ever since. Does anyone have anymore of those screenshots LOL.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
LMAOOO, The spamming on /a/ is gold and every AOT reader was chimping out ever since. Does anyone have anymore of those screenshots LOL.
Don't know but any place that has a massive amount of Erenfags/"Yaegerists" are the best places to find tard rage since the rest of the fandom who aren't in those camps feel mixed at worst and praising Isayama at best while those groups mentioned earlier are REEing that genocide isn't happening and are worshipping Floch.

Birdie

kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't have a problem with the ending, on paper. It's basically, "Eren sacrifices everything and denies himself what he wants, in order to ensure freedom for his friends." I could be on board, but the way this is executed is just terrible.

It feels like the conversation between Zeke and Armin all over again, which felt so rushed, it seems a lot of these ideas in this last arc needed way more time to cook in the oven or more fleshing out.

I really have trouble buying that Eren, the guy who ripped his thumbs off in order to start the rumbling, the guy who continued on the path even after seeing he would be stomping children to death, the guy who murdered his own mother to ensure the way forward would remain unchanged, would stop before the job was done. Why? Ok, the founder and attack titan esseintially broke him mentally and he couldn't do anything anymore. Every situation Eren has been in where it's been hopeless he still stood up and pressed on. Taking the armor capsule, punching the smiling titan and discovering the coordinate, shit, even other characters express the unrelenting desire to move forward. You have Mikasa fighting in the face of certaind death before Eren saves her in the early chapters. You have Mike, refusing to die quietly, the whole battle of castle utgard. But now, Eren just can't continue and ensure, 10000000% that everyone that he wants to live, can do so without the threat of war again? Just what?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding his motivations, because, from this last chapter and the one where they all talk after building the railroad, Eren really just wanted to protect his friends...but doesn't the partial rumbling accomplish that? And Eren becomes a literal god with Ymir, can't you just build a titan army to do anything? Even though titans are gone, the cycle of hatred isn't over.

And if you wanted Mikasa so bad you fucking retard, go get her, like what?! It's so insulting to the readers' intelligence when at every turn, Eren rebuffed Mikasa's feelings.

I think I'd like this ending much more if....
1) Eren follows through with the entire rumbling, tatake and all of that
2) Eren and Armin's conversation centers around the fact that Eren killed his own mother to ensure his friends would eventually be free
3) I'm not even sure if there's a way for Eren to state his love for Mikasa in a way that doesn't seem insane and conflicting with the entire rest of the story, I understand that he's talking to his best friend and being human and embarrassing in a way that we all can be, but it just clashes so hard with the rest of the story, it's hard not to call him Erencel
4) Tie up plot threads. Did eren show grisha that he killed his mom? What about the worm? The list could be miles long but I'll stop here
5) Nuke the entire "Ymir loved King Fritz" thing from orbit. It's so weird and offputting. Why does Ymir need, specifically, for Mikasa to kill Eren? True love doesn't exist in the 2000 years before? Ymir has never seen anyone escape some kind of abuse? What?

I want to try to like it and appreciate some of the things this ending does bring. Eren's character is really tragic, he's just like Kenny. He's a slave to freedom, but really is driven insane by the destiny laid out before him and can't even accomplish it all. He's just a kid and wants his friends and to fuck Mikasa. I feel it's cringy but also, pretty understandable. I'm glad that Armin is at least a stand in for the reader and pretty much says, hey dumbass, you could have had her whenever you wanted. But I guess Eren had already seen that he had to do what he had to do.

God, re reading this, I just get more perplexed. All that sacrifice, all those tears, pushing away the woman he loves, killing his own mother, eating his own father...and he doesn't even accomplish his goal and pretty much says "lol, I was lying, you guys will remember when I die, bye" and now he's a dove. come ON man, lmao.

Quiet Guy

kiwifarms.net
Eren told the SC and comrades in P A T H S that they had to kill him to stop the Rumbling.
Well, yes, but where does Worm-kun go? It's the source of titan powers, so it shouldn't just disappear and killing Eren shouldn't cause everyone to de-titanize unless something happens to it. Why wouldn't it try to bond with someone else who would become a new founder? Are the leaks incomplete?
War with whom, homes?

View attachment 2068911

That was Eren's plan-- murder nearly everyone and die to prop up his friends as the saviors of humanity (and all the clout that entails) while also giving them long lives untethered by the curse of Ymir. It helps if you understand his motivations as really selfish.

It wasn't a perfect solution (as Yelena said, there are none of those) and it wasn't a final solution, but he all the same entrusts Armin to work out the opportunity that he carved for them out of the blood of millions of innocents and his own life.
I misunderstood, I thought it was saying that an implementation of the Rumbling to cripple the world would result in 80% of the world as casualties, whereas his genocide stopped short of that by a wide margin. I think the translation I saw may have been a bit different, but maybe I just need to pay closer attention, although wasn't the Rumbling still in the process of going through areas near Marley, since they hadn't destroyed Fort Salta yet? With that said a later panel does seem to indicate that Paradis may be going to war soon, so that may indicate the world still wants to wipe them off the map, and they may have enough weaponry and technological know-how left over to do that... maybe.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
However, I think Eren's english VA is going to likely be pissed about the ending especially with him being one of those "Trans Rights uwu" types along with being a funimation VA.
Real talk, having Papenbrooke call this shit out would be hilarious. Especially if it causes all the other English VAs to do the same.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Real talk, having Papenbrooke call this shit out would be hilarious. Especially if it causes all the other English VAs to do the same.
It likely wouldn't happen since it would be bad for NDAs, but I have a feeling Papenbrooke will seethe and his performance reading those lines will be hilarious especially given he is a shit actor so it would be like an official abridged series.

Zero Day Defense

"Now come, Samurai. Put on a good show."
kiwifarms.net
Mostly makes sense on a narrative level? Are you on fucking crack?
Yes, it mostly makes sense on a narrative level, in the sense that I can say "I typically have no issue explaining questions raised by event X through the referral to past events and inductive/deductive reasoning".

For example, it "makes sense" that the Rumbling was aborted entirely through Eren's death, because Eren outright told the SC and company that the only way to stop the Rumbling was to stop him from taking another breath, and it would make sense that he would know how to stop the Rumbling. The question remains as to what exactly happened to the Alaskan Bull Hallucigenia and why it wouldn't have been able to find a new host even after Eren's death, but according to the plain answer given ("kill me to stop the Rumbling") it's internally consistent.

Something that doesn't seem make sense altogether is why killing Eren and stopping the Rumbling also eliminates the power of the Titans (and presumably, P A T H S along with it, if those now-confirmed-to-be-actual-path-ghosts are any indication). That's "something something kill founding titan kill titan power" at best, and maybe you would be able to say "well the Founding Titan's power is the one that needed to be passed on actively or else it and the power of the Titans would be lost" and might have worked as an explanation except there's no indication of any rule of that kind and I was of the mind that that giant H. sparsa was the actual source of the Founding Titan's power.

So,
[...] and killing Eren shouldn't cause everyone to de-titanize unless something happens to it. Why wouldn't it try to bond with someone else who would become a new founder?
I don't have an answer for that because I'm as confused as you. It may very well be a case of poor rulebuilding. I actually did expect for the worm to bind with another person after Eren's decapitation, but then again, if it was going to do that, it would have done so after being tackled by the rest of the Shifters and being pushed ahead by the Titans it created.

Still digesting this, it seems a lot of knowledge burden is being placed on Ymir since she's made to be the ultimate conductor of events in the narrative, but because we don't actually hear anything from her about her intentions and motivations, and know nothing beyond the apparent little Eren was able to glean, she ends up being a convenient repository for some of the questions that end up not being answered at all-- some of which are generated by the very chapter (e.g. why is it Mikasa who was designated by Ymir to free her from the simping chains that shackled her heart, and what did Mikasa do for Ymir outside of killing Eren and kissing his decapitated head in front of her?). Basically, "Ymir Fritz works in mysterious ways".

Last edited:

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, it mostly makes sense on a narrative level, in the sense that I can say "I typically have no issue explaining questions raised by event X through the referral to past events and inductive/deductive reasoning".

For example, it "makes sense" that the Rumbling was aborted entirely through Eren's death, because Eren outright told the SC and company that the only way to stop the Rumbling was to stop him from taking another breath, and it would make sense that he would know how to stop the Rumbling. The question remains as to what exactly happened to the Alaskan Bull Hallucigenia and why it wouldn't have been able to find a new host even after Eren's death, but according to the plain answer given ("kill me to stop the Rumbling") it's internally consistent.

The part that doesn't seem make sense altogether is why killing Eren and stopping the Rumbling also eliminates the power of the Titans (and presumably, P A T H S along with it, if those now-confirmed-to-be-actual-path-ghosts are any indication). That's "something something kill founding titan kill titan power" at best, and maybe you would be able to say "well the Founding Titan's power is the one that needed to be passed on actively or else it and the power of the Titans would be lost" except there's no indication of any rule of that kind and I was of the mind that that giant H. sparsa was the actual source of the Founding Titan's power.

So,

I don't have an answer for that because I'm as confused as you. It may very well be a case of poor rulebuilding. I actually did expect for the worm to bind with another person after Eren's decapitation, but then again, if it was going to do that, it would have done so after being tackled by the rest of the Shifters and being pushed ahead by the Titans it created.

Still digesting this, it seems a lot of knowledge burden is being placed on Ymir since she's made to be the ultimate conductor of events in the narrative, but because we don't actually hear anything from her about her intentions and motivations, and know nothing beyond the apparent little Eren was able to glean, she ends up being a convenient repository for some of the questions that end up not being answered at all-- some of which are generated by the very chapter (e.g. why is it Mikasa who was designated by Ymir to free her from the simping chains that shackled her heart, and what did Mikasa do outside of kill Eren and kiss his decapitated head in front of her?).
You're talking specific elements. I'm talking about the entirety of Eren's motivation making no narrative sense. I don't care about that mintutate, its not worth discussing since Isayama does whatever the fuck he wants for any reason. That's why. I'm talking in essence with the story itself.

Eren admits he has no motivation or is unsure of his motivation, then just breaks down into a complete fucking simp and says he did it for pussy. There is nothing, not a thing to indicate this except one panel in one page in one chapter that's in a flashback. There is no motivation established for this. In fact, it looks to be REVERSE, in that Mikasa is the one who wants to fuck, not the other way around. So there's never been any thread for this narrative. And since this conflict has been the driving force of the story, there is no more narrative. Its like Isayama took the narrative and then smashed it with a brick.

Nothing about the ending makes narrative sense. Character development, plot, its all thrown out. Basic world-building, all dumped. Its basically what Isayama does with plot elements, but this time on a narrative scale. Its this way because that's what he wants and he does not give a shit how lazy he has to be or how improbable (or impossible) the nature of what he wants is within the realm of the story he has told.

The fact that history was pregnant by a random nobody with no importance to the story just to write her out of it is so hilariously bad I don't even know how that's acceptable. Its literally "And poochy went back to his home planet". There's absolutely no purpose to her pregnancy, just "I can't figure out how to remove her but she might be important later but I don't want to kill her but I don't want to write her either....pregnant!" One of the most important characters in the story written out with a random fucking nobody. Fucking hilarious.
The OT is amazing with a ton of onsen memes. I couldn't stop laughing at people threatening to shit in Isayama's onsen.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I read the official translation for the final chapter. It's honestly a decent chapter. The ending was fine, but I felt like there were some things that should've been expanded on, other than that this was serviceable, I am going to miss this series but I hope I can experience the goofy shit all over again with the anime, though I am curious if they would add any original content to it. Other than that it was okay.

Zero Day Defense

"Now come, Samurai. Put on a good show."
kiwifarms.net
I just realized that the teaser sketch for the final chapter did find its way in, just not at the end, and not in the initially shown form.

1617859184200.png

Eren admits he has no motivation or is unsure of his motivation
In whole context, he's very clear on what his motivations are up to the point he enters the Paths with Zeke. I posted him describing at contact shot range what his motivations are. These had to have been his genuine motivations since he wouldn't have entered the Paths from contact with Historia, and thus would have only had the future vision without the exposure to the Founder's omniscience. Additionally, the passion he had in pursuing that goal up to the start of the Rumbling wouldn't have been able to manifest otherwise without Ymir just completely hijacking him.

After the contact with Zeke is when he devolves into the "keep moving forward along your path" mentality that Reiner and Bertholdt came to peace with, as opposed to the "keep moving forward until all my enemies are destroyed" mentality he had prior to.

1617858267100.png

then just breaks down into a complete fucking simp and says he did it for pussy.
you keep going "incel" this and "simp" that and it just doesn't make any sense as a rational criticism

eren didn't even say that, he said that he loved Mikasa and wanted her to live a long life, and he also wanted his friends to live long lives

The fact that history was pregnant by a random nobody with no importance to the story just to write her out of it is so hilariously bad I don't even know how that's acceptable. Its literally "And poochy went back to his home planet". There's absolutely no purpose to her pregnancy, just "I can't figure out how to remove her but she might be important later but I don't want to kill her but I don't want to write her either....pregnant!"
Women can't just decide to have children because they want them?

That aside, Historia was written up more even after it was revealed she was pregnant, in chapter 130. The survival and freedom of her and her descendants are part of Eren's initial stated motivation for committing omnicide.

Thematically, at any rate, her having a child the way she does is presumably in contrast to the timeline where she inherits the Beast Titan and has to be eaten by said child.

ElAbominacion

😭😭😭😭😤😤
kiwifarms.net
I just realized that the teaser sketch for the final chapter did find its way in, just not at the end, and not in the initially shown form.

View attachment 2069208

In whole context, he's very clear on what his motivations are up to the point he enters the Paths with Zeke. I posted him describing at contact shot range what his motivations are. These had to have been his genuine motivations since he wouldn't have entered the Paths from contact with Historia, and thus would have only had the future vision without the exposure to the Founder's omniscience. Additionally, the passion he had in pursuing that goal up to the start of the Rumbling wouldn't have been able to manifest otherwise without Ymir just completely hijacking him.

After the contact with Zeke is when he devolves into the "keep moving forward along your path" mentality that Reiner and Bertholdt came to peace with, as opposed to the "keep moving forward until all my enemies are destroyed" mentality he had prior to.

View attachment 2069191

you keep going "incel" this and "simp" that and it just doesn't make any sense as a rational criticism

eren didn't even say that, he said that he loved Mikasa and wanted her to live a long life, and he also wanted his friends to live long lives

Women can't just decide to have children because they want them?

That aside, Historia was written up more even after it was revealed she was pregnant, in chapter 130. The survival and freedom of her and her descendants are part of Eren's initial stated motivation for committing omnicide.

Thematically, at any rate, her having a child the way she does is presumably in contrast to the timeline where she inherits the Beast Titan and has to be eaten by said child.
Dude, let me put this into perspective:

Eren wanted to own the libs Marleyans so bad he killed his own mother, causing grief and misery to himself and to thousands of other Eldians, including his beloved Mikasa, while somehow also forcing his dad to do some awful unredeemable things and traumatizing the man half to hell all so he could fuck Mikasa right in the pussy, something he for some reason denied himself and even rebuked her affections while quite plainly slobbering all over another chick. He killed billions due to an incident he metaphysically started.

And you consider this good writing?

Anya15

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

ElAbominacion

😭😭😭😭😤😤
kiwifarms.net
Or the virgin Isayama vs the chad Ishida. Ishida “wrote” an entire chapter where it's just keneki & Touka fucked the entire time. That chapter had better pay off than an ending to a l9bg running series.

That chapter made me feel like Sui Ishida is a man who has no problem getting pussy. It was a payoff and one very elegantly done.

Like the sex scene in Parasyte too.