Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW DESTROYING YOUR OWN SERIES ONCE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MAKE A PSA COMIC TELLING PEOPLE WHO WERE INVESTED IN IT TO FUCK OFF (#NO REFUNDS)

• Conducting some maintenance.

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
I was right!

Dude's fucking with people on purpose.

You don't get this ending otherwise.
He's easily influenced, but it's not malicious.
There have been plenty of missteps before which has given me a negative perception of the series.
If the author had been perfect up until the ending he wouldn't have had to keep Annie in crystal up until the last 10 chapters, and putting Historia in preggo jail.
He likely grew to like the characters, making their roles bigger than initially envisioned, but then had no clue how to make them fit into his future outline of the story

kūhaku

from the outside looking in
kiwifarms.net
He's easily influenced, but it's not malicious.
There have been plenty of missteps before which has given me a negative perception of the series.
If the author had been perfect up until the ending he wouldn't have had to keep Annie in crystal up until the last 10 chapters, and putting Historia in preggo jail.
He likely grew to like the characters, making their roles bigger than initially envisioned, but then had no clue how to make them fit into his future outline of the story
A good way to fix the Annie problem would have been to kill her a lot earlier on, like not allowing her to go into a crystal but instead having someone eat her (though I’m not sure who, Mikasa would make sense if the ackermans weren’t immune to titanization). I think it was a mistake to have her live so long into the story, and to give her a happy ending.

I think historia being pregnant is fine, but it should have been more clear on what her goals were. If we knew she fucked the farmer because of love instead of obligation, and she had made more appearances (maybe even as the queen while pregnant, then retiring to the ranch when she gives birth to prevent the child from being used for political purposes) would have been fine. As a reminder, the whole thing with Yelena telling historia to have a child was just a theory by the Paradis military and wasn’t confirmed to be what happened.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
A good way to fix the Annie problem would have been to kill her a lot earlier on, like not allowing her to go into a crystal but instead having someone eat her (though I’m not sure who, Mikasa would make sense if the ackermans weren’t immune to titanization). I think it was a mistake to have her live so long into the story, and to give her a happy ending.

I think historia being pregnant is fine, but it should have been more clear on what her goals were. If we knew she fucked the farmer because of love instead of obligation, and she had made more appearances (maybe even as the queen while pregnant, then retiring to the ranch when she gives birth to prevent the child from being used for political purposes) would have been fine. As a reminder, the whole thing with Yelena telling historia to have a child was just a theory by the Paradis military and wasn’t confirmed to be what happened.
Like I said, it seemed like the author got too attached to the characters, or had some plan that didn't reach its potential, but anyhow they should definitely have had a more final conclusion to their character arc rather than just getting shoved into the freezer.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
I never said it was malicious.
I think fucking with people on purpose is malicious.
Perhaps he did what he did to make people genuinely upset, but I put that in a different category than fucking with people.
I think the distinction lies in this being a genuine effort, I think he was doing the best according to his abilities, but it faltered, he didn't know how to solve the puzzle of how to tie everything together.

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
(after all, there is a chance Isayama is just this fucking retarded and I'm giving him too much credit),
It certainly feels like something was changed against his will.

We will have to disagree on this.

I just thinks he finds people taking him writing whatever he wants so seriously to be funny. So he just decided to go full silly.

Last edited:

PK Shitstorm

Now featuring: I don't believe in doors
kiwifarms.net
Totally Not Mark just reviewed the ending and ahahaha oh wow. He leads off by comparing it to The Last of Us 2 as an example of a good story's initial response marred by "toxic fans".
the whole thing feels like someone on lethal, historical even, levels of copium over the fact that who he believes to be a modern Shakespeare is seen by everyone else as a hack

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
Totally Not Mark just reviewed the ending and ahahaha oh wow. He leads off by comparing it to The Last of Us 2 as an example of a good story's initial response marred by "toxic fans".
It would not br a TNM video if he did not get something catagorically wrong.
the whole thing feels like someone on lethal, historical even, levels of copium over the fact that who he believes to be a modern Shakespeare is seen by everyone else as a hack
Which is funny because Shakespeare is only held so highly today. In his time his work was popular stuff for the masses and not much more.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
Wouldn't the toxic part be writing a story where everything happens because 2000 years earlier a slave girl got enslaved by chad king Fritz cock?
And the pro eren yeager faction ruling a new Eldian Empire?

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
Actually, wait. He is a modern day Shakesphere. Lots of times the protagonist will do incredibly stupid things because they want to fuck which winds up with loads of people dead.

Last edited:

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This whole video is pure cringe. What's the point?
Because they'd have to admit they were wrong for years and years and years.

Eren's entire motivation is nullified in a singular chapter, rendering the entire manga pointless. You can't overlook it. Isayama wrote that a little girl was in love with her rapist. That Eren killed his own mother and caused the entire problem himself that he was trying to solve. Not to mention he was doing it to fuck his sister. No, that's not the mark of a good series. The only avenue they have is to double down on their opinions.
Perhaps he did what he did to make people genuinely upset, but I put that in a different category than fucking with people.
I think the distinction lies in this being a genuine effort, I think he was doing the best according to his abilities, but it faltered, he didn't know how to solve the puzzle of how to tie everything together.
I think Isayama was clearly told that whatever ending he had planned was not OK and he had to change it. So he just simply stopped caring which is why the end chapter is so jarring and invalidates the entire manga. He just did not care and wanted to spite fuck his editors. So whatever was planned was simply tossed out because, like I said, you'd have to be pure shit for this to be your ending.

Obviously, we'll never know the truth of the matter, but to me I think he was told to change it.

Local anime reviewer continues to adore AoT.

Hot Take Gigcuck

Attack on Titan was never amazing, Attack on Titan had the potential to be Amazing but managed to turn itself into a shit show in 30 chapters.

Erin's house was pretty much introduced as the first "Major plot goal" and them getting BTFO by Female titan was exactly Chapter 30 and from there main plot completely god damn stops.

In Comparison at chapter 30.

Naruto had the Main characters unlocking the start of their signature abilities and using them to win their first major battle.
Bleach had the Main character force the Hollow that killed his mother to retreat after inflicting a major wound on it.
One Piece had the main character defeat Buggy D Clown (who was a former shipmate of The Main character's Hero)
My Hero Academy had the main character defeat his childhood bully..AND had All Might Beat the hell out of a Nomu.

30 Chapters in and Attack on Titan's biggest accomplishment is Repairing a God Damn wall, and it took 55 more to resolve the first major plot point that was introduced.

Fuck, this manga.

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
Because they'd have to admit they were wrong for years and years and years.

Eren's entire motivation is nullified in a singular chapter, rendering the entire manga pointless. You can't overlook it. Isayama wrote that a little girl was in love with her rapist. That Eren killed his own mother and caused the entire problem himself that he was trying to solve. Not to mention he was doing it to fuck his sister. No, that's not the mark of a good series. The only avenue they have is to double down on their opinions.

I think Isayama was clearly told that whatever ending he had planned was not OK and he had to change it. So he just simply stopped caring which is why the end chapter is so jarring and invalidates the entire manga. He just did not care and wanted to spite fuck his editors. So whatever was planned was simply tossed out because, like I said, you'd have to be pure shit for this to be your ending.

Obviously, we'll never know the truth of the matter, but to me I think he was told to change it.
If he was told to change it, I cannot fault him for throwing the most wonderful fit of rage I’ve seen and nuking everything.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hot Take Gigcuck

Attack on Titan was never amazing, Attack on Titan had the potential to be Amazing but managed to turn itself into a shit show in 30 chapters.

Erin's house was pretty much introduced as the first "Major plot goal" and them getting BTFO by Female titan was exactly Chapter 30 and from there main plot completely god damn stops.

In Comparison at chapter 30.

Naruto had the Main characters unlocking the start of their signature abilities and using them to win their first major battle.
Bleach had the Main character force the Hollow that killed his mother to retreat after inflicting a major wound on it.
One Piece had the main character defeat Buggy D Clown (who was a former shipmate of The Main character's Hero)
My Hero Academy had the main character defeat his childhood bully..AND had All Might Beat the hell out of a Nomu.

30 Chapters in and Attack on Titan's biggest accomplishment is Repairing a God Damn wall, and it took 55 more to resolve the first major plot point that was introduced.

Fuck, this manga.
Yeah, AoT is infamous for having an enormous amount of fluff when Isayama has no fucking clue where he wants to go.

Basically, the pattern in AoT is: Introduce plot point > Extend plot point as much as possible until you can't anymore > reveal important information in flashback > introduce new plot point, ad nauseum. Honestly, Isayama should just have given the entire manga to the guy who wrote 'Before the Fall'. In fact, let the guy who wrote 'Before the Fall' rewrite the entirety of AoT. Because the art, story, characterization and world building are exponentially better in before the fall.

Its simultaneously a shame and a relief that 'Before the Fall' is set way before Eren is born to have nothing to do with him and his incel virgin quest.
If he was told to change it, I cannot fault him for throwing the most wonderful fit of rage I’ve seen and nuking everything.
I mean, I can't, but it really gets tiring to see mangaka and LN authors take a fucking wrecking ball to their shit when an editor steps in. In the West, authors at least try to make something of their work if the powers that be come in and fuck with it. They do the best that they can.

The Japanese seem to just go "OH YEAH, WELL FUCK YOU I'M BREAKING ALL THIS SHIT" and stomp around on it like Godzilla. I guess I've just seen it too many times before. And I kind of get why editors told Isayama "No, you can't have an insane genocidal nationalist kill everyone". I mean, I feel sorry for his editors. Just imagine the insane shit they had to turn down over the years. From brutally murdering a character which made a female editor cry to having a genocidal maniac kill the world and all his friends. Those editors must have a thousand yard stare by now and are just going "Please, just go the fuck to your onsen and never write another thing, please Buddha for the love of fuck."

Last edited: