Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW DESTROYING YOUR OWN SERIES ONCE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MAKE A PSA COMIC TELLING PEOPLE WHO WERE INVESTED IN IT TO FUCK OFF (#NO REFUNDS)

• Conducting some maintenance.

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Protistology

kiwifarms.net
From brutally murdering a character which made a female editor cry
Wait what? What is this?

I don't know if the Japanese authors just say "fuck it", I think they plan out a plot with the ending and then can't come up with new ideas when the manga is extended.

Toriyama famously was banned from ending Dragonball because it was the most popular manga in the magazine so he just repeated the Frieza arc over and over again with higher and higher powerlevel enemies.

The Death Note author revealed in his next manga, Bakuman, that he wanted to end Death Note with L and Light both killing each other but the editors prevented him and told him to keep the manga going so he just did the Light arc again with Near and missiles and Yakuza and shit. Indeed, that would have been a more natural ending. Light kills L but suprise, L set a trap as a dead man's switch and both characters die and the manga ends.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait what? What is this?

I don't know if the Japanese authors just say "fuck it", I think they plan out a plot with the ending and then can't come up with new ideas when the manga is extended.

Toriyama famously was banned from ending Dragonball because it was the most popular manga in the magazine so he just repeated the Frieza arc over and over again with higher and higher powerlevel enemies.

The Death Note author revealed in his next manga, Bakuman, that he wanted to end Death Note with L and Light both killing each other but the editors prevented him and told him to keep the manga going so he just did the Light arc again with Near and missiles and Yakuza and shit. Indeed, that would have been a more natural ending. Light kills L but suprise, L set a trap as a dead man's switch and both characters die and the manga ends.
Sasha was originally supposed to die when she encountered the small titan and get torn limb from limb as she was rescuing the little girl. Apparently he drew it so horrifically that a female editor went to the bathroom to cry. That's why she dies, because she was always intended to do so. So yeah, Isayma and his editors don't exactly have the best relationship.

Yeah, I like that ending a lot better. I mean, at least the Death Note author fucking tried. He didn't destroy the manga. Yes, his OG ending was much better and a much more organic conclusion. But still, at least he didn't let everything crash and burn. And of course its going to be more difficult when you have an organic endpoint in mind but your editors chain you to a desk, because I imagine its really hard to keep a career if you defy the editors.

I mean, with AoT, Isayama checked out a LONG time ago when he decided he just wanted to stop and open an onsen. So I imagine he was just tired of the whole thing and just went 'whatever, fine, fuck it, I dunno Eren is an incel loser now, I'm going to my onsen TATACAW motherfuckers.'

Sasha was originally supposed to die when she encountered the small titan and get torn limb from limb as she was rescuing the little girl. Apparently he drew it so horrifically that a female editor went to the bathroom to cry. That's why she dies, because she was always intended to do so. So yeah, Isayma and his editors don't exactly have the best relationship.

Yeah, I like that ending a lot better. I mean, at least the Death Note author fucking tried. He didn't destroy the manga. Yes, his OG ending was much better and a much more organic conclusion. But still, at least he didn't let everything crash and burn. And of course its going to be more difficult when you have an organic endpoint in mind but your editors chain you to a desk, because I imagine its really hard to keep a career if you defy the editors.

I mean, with AoT, Isayama checked out a LONG time ago when he decided he just wanted to stop and open an onsen. So I imagine he was just tired of the whole thing and just went 'whatever, fine, fuck it, I dunno Eren is an incel loser now, I'm going to my onsen TATACAW motherfuckers.'
How much do you want him to name the Onsen something to do with birds?

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
In the West, authors at least try to make something of their work if the powers that be come in and fuck with it. They do the best that they can.

The Japanese seem to just go "OH YEAH, WELL FUCK YOU I'M BREAKING ALL THIS SHIT" and stomp around on it like Godzilla.
I am honestly ok with that and honestly wish authors in the west did it more often than they do.
How much do you want him to name the Onsen something to do with birds?
So very much.

Last edited:

Dang Woodchucks!

Ancient Geek Philosopher
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, AoT is infamous for having an enormous amount of fluff when Isayama has no fucking clue where he wants to go.

Basically, the pattern in AoT is: Introduce plot point > Extend plot point as much as possible until you can't anymore > reveal important information in flashback > introduce new plot point, ad nauseum. Honestly, Isayama should just have given the entire manga to the guy who wrote 'Before the Fall'. In fact, let the guy who wrote 'Before the Fall' rewrite the entirety of AoT. Because the art, story, characterization and world building are exponentially better in before the fall.

Its simultaneously a shame and a relief that 'Before the Fall' is set way before Eren is born to have nothing to do with him and his incel virgin quest.

I mean, I can't, but it really gets tiring to see mangaka and LN authors take a fucking wrecking ball to their shit when an editor steps in. In the West, authors at least try to make something of their work if the powers that be come in and fuck with it. They do the best that they can.

The Japanese seem to just go "OH YEAH, WELL FUCK YOU I'M BREAKING ALL THIS SHIT" and stomp around on it like Godzilla. I guess I've just seen it too many times before. And I kind of get why editors told Isayama "No, you can't have an insane genocidal nationalist kill everyone". I mean, I feel sorry for his editors. Just imagine the insane shit they had to turn down over the years. From brutally murdering a character which made a female editor cry to having a genocidal maniac kill the world and all his friends. Those editors must have a thousand yard stare by now and are just going "Please, just go the fuck to your onsen and never write another thing, please Buddha for the love of fuck."
Wait what? What is this?

I still hold on to my belief that it isn't a coincidence another editor for AoT ended up brutally murdering his wife.

I have no real proof, other than Isayama apparently rivals eldritch horrors in making people lose their mind. What Isayama lacks in cosmic horror quality the likes of Chtulu, the Color out of Space, and the Whataleys possess, he compensates with pure autism.
Not Gigguk.....😢
Him and his comment moderators are instantly deleting any references to the ending that aren't 'I adored it but I guess some people don't.' Lol.
He's a disaffected faggot poser, what did ya expect? Standards?! :story:

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still hold on to my belief that it isn't a coincidence another editor for AoT ended up brutally murdering his wife.

I have no real proof, other than Isayama apparently rivals eldritch horrors in making people lose their mind. What Isayama lacks in cosmic horror quality the likes of Chtulu, the Color out of Space, and the Whataleys possess, he compensates with pure autism.
Imagine just trying to corral that pure autistic storm. I just picture this going on:

"....And so the little Titan rips Sasha's intestines out and slowly rips each of her legs off..."

"Ok, you just made Yoroko-san go to the bathroom and cry, please change it."

"Is that a problem? Alright then, the little Titan makes a fist and pushes it slowly down...."

"THAT'S THE SAME THING, JUST DON'T KILL HER YET"

"How about she gets put in Zachary's shit chair and....

"NO."

*2 weeks later*

"...ok, fine, she won't die. I'll just make a child soldier brutally murder her later."

"Thank God....wait, what?"

"NOTHING."

*10 Years and 2 weeks later*

"Isayama, you can't have a genocidal nationalist fucking win."

"Why?"

"Because Eren is literally fucking Hitler. You've just made an ending where Hitler wins."

"Ok, then maybe Misaka kills Eren and then takes his corpse away, but he's really still alive, just with no head so he is in a permeant coma but since he has traumatic spinal injuries he can still get erections and they have a baby together."

"....How is that even remotely better? NO."

"Hrm...ok, how about Ymir kills Mikasa and ends the human race and the Titans, but takes Eren in PATHS as her willing sex slave?"

"What?! Now you just made him into a pedophile! What the fuck is wrong with you, NO."

*2 weeks later*

".....and then Mikasa makes out with Eren's severed head, Reiner wrestles the worm to prevent him from reviving. Eren has a conversation with Armin in PATHS where it turns out he killed his mom and was doing it all so he could get laid. Ymir was also in love with her rapist. So nothing really gets resolved, 80% of humanity is dead, but at least there are no Titans, ok?"

"I...I don't care anymore. Just...just do whatever you want. I am so going to shit in your onsen."

"Cool...what?"

"NOTHING."

Bungus Scrungus

kiwifarms.net
Ah, I see people posted Mark's terrible video. Yeah, he even brings up Game of Thrones season 8 right after the TLOU2 bit, so I don't know HOW the fuck somebody who knows about the shitshow that was the ending of GoT season 8 can stupidly and simply defend TLOU2 and AoT's shit, cause they're the same as that, so what the fuck?

Also thank you @Secret Asshole for bringing up Before The Fall. People can say the characters are more standard and thereby more "bland" or whatever, but at least it's fun to read. Last night I also realized just how stupid it is that all the Titans were taken care of by a giant fucking log dropping on their heads. If it was that easy, why the fuck didn't they do that anytime before? It invalidates all the sacrifices when you know they could have just had a big fucking pulley system and log solve everything in less than 2 years. Don't give me that "oh they needed the attack titan", cause no they fucking didn't; how hard would it be to just fucking have a fishing pole with titan bait lowered, then have the log drop and kill them? It's so stupid, seriously.

Idiot Asshole

kiwifarms.net
Local anime reviewer continues to adore AoT.

Hot Take Gigcuck

Attack on Titan was never amazing, Attack on Titan had the potential to be Amazing but managed to turn itself into a shit show in 30 chapters.

Erin's house was pretty much introduced as the first "Major plot goal" and them getting BTFO by Female titan was exactly Chapter 30 and from there main plot completely god damn stops.

In Comparison at chapter 30.

Naruto had the Main characters unlocking the start of their signature abilities and using them to win their first major battle.
Bleach had the Main character force the Hollow that killed his mother to retreat after inflicting a major wound on it.
One Piece had the main character defeat Buggy D Clown (who was a former shipmate of The Main character's Hero)
My Hero Academy had the main character defeat his childhood bully..AND had All Might Beat the hell out of a Nomu.

30 Chapters in and Attack on Titan's biggest accomplishment is Repairing a God Damn wall, and it took 55 more to resolve the first major plot point that was introduced.

Fuck, this manga.
Gigguk's always been a fag with the worst takes and tastes in all of Anitube (or whatever they call it). He had a recent episode with his podcast buddies where they talked about trying to rewatch Higurashi for the first time in a decade. The problem? They decided to rewatch the dubbed version, despite the fact that a) it's notoriously bad and b) only the first season was dubbed, so restricting themselves to the dub prevents them from being able to actually watch the full story despite it being done for almost fifteen years. Even worse, in one of his Demo D+ aping seasonal anime videos he talks about his first impressions of the new Higurashi sequel... despite the fact that it's in the original Japanese and assumes you know the original first two seasons.

Also in the same video he flat out admits he's gone a full 360 and watches new anime dubbed instead of subbed, presumably because like Digibro he watches anime out of obligation as a job nowadays.

The timestamped video, if you're curious for some reason

Hackallier

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since we have had some time to take our takes about the current ending. I'm gonna have my hot take.

Just finish the genocide, have Eren kill all his friends and the Historia's baby will be Eren's. Eren will have to live the rest of his life with that guilt of killing most of humanity and his friends including Armin and Mikasa. That would be the true Mist ending.

That ending would have been better than the current one by any margin. Only way to end the manga in any satisfying way after the timeskip bullshit. It's not a moral ending or anything like that but it's a somewhat unique one. The protagonist turned the main villain wins in the end would be left in the readers' mind. This Marvel Avengers ending is so stupid and misses all the themes of the original manga.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
Also in the same video he flat out admits he's gone a full 360 and watches new anime dubbed instead of subbed, presumably because like Digibro he watches anime out of obligation as a job nowadays.
Why? Most anime voice actors are terrible. Maybe he's like this one friend I got who watches dubs because he must have some sort of brain problem or something which makes him unable to read the subs and watch the screen at the same time

Since we have had some time to take our takes about the current ending. I'm gonna have my hot take.

Just finish the genocide, have Eren kill all his friends and the Historia's baby will be Eren's. Eren will have to live the rest of his life with that guilt of killing most of humanity and his friends including Armin and Mikasa. That would be the true Mist ending.

That ending would have been better than the current one by any margin. Only way to end the manga in any satisfying way after the timeskip bullshit. It's not a moral ending or anything like that but it's a somewhat unique one. The protagonist turned the main villain wins in the end would be left in the readers' mind. This Marvel Avengers ending is so stupid and misses all the themes of the original manga.
I still think the best ending would be for a rift and time in space opens in the sky above Erin, Luffy Naruto and Ichigo come out all fucking teabag Erin for being a loser and then vanish back into it while giving Erin the finger and calling him a "Loser."

This causes Erin to 41% himself and the world is better off without him.

Hackallier

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why? Most anime voice actors are terrible. Maybe he's like this one friend I got who watches dubs because he must have some sort of brain problem or something which makes him unable to read the subs and watch the screen at the same time
I will never understand watching dubbed anime. My mother language was not English so while most of the children's shows were dubbed in my language, I quickly got out of it. For some reason some European countries like Spanish and German people like to dub all their tv shows, even for the more mature. We never got into doing that so everything not in my language is subbed.

I can understand spoken English, but still absolutely hate English dubbed anime, I only watch English subs. I will never understand what possesses an adult to watch any dubbed content. I would cringe at any Japanese material being dubbed in my language nowadays.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net

I think Eren should have died, about half the cast could get purged, and genocide goes through. Curse of Ymir is ended because Eren replaces Ymir as careaker of the paths. Story should probably have been paced better. It would have been more interesting of more of the main cast landed on opposite sides once the rumbling started.