Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW DESTROYING YOUR OWN SERIES ONCE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MAKE A PSA COMIC TELLING PEOPLE WHO WERE INVESTED IN IT TO FUCK OFF (#NO REFUNDS)

• Conducting some maintenance.

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hackallier

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey now, blind people should be able to watch anime too, or rather, be able to listen to it in a language they understand.

Also, because reading subtitles is a bitch, especially if you're dyslexic.
I love how those two categories will generously fill less than 5% of the audience.
I think Eren should have died, about half the cast could get purged, and genocide goes through. Curse of Ymir is ended because Eren replaces Ymir as careaker of the paths. Story should probably have been paced better. It would have been more interesting of more of the main cast landed on opposite sides once the rumbling started.
The god emperor ending?

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since we have had some time to take our takes about the current ending. I'm gonna have my hot take.

Just finish the genocide, have Eren kill all his friends and the Historia's baby will be Eren's. Eren will have to live the rest of his life with that guilt of killing most of humanity and his friends including Armin and Mikasa. That would be the true Mist ending.

That ending would have been better than the current one by any margin. Only way to end the manga in any satisfying way after the timeskip bullshit. It's not a moral ending or anything like that but it's a somewhat unique one. The protagonist turned the main villain wins in the end would be left in the readers' mind. This Marvel Avengers ending is so stupid and misses all the themes of the original manga.
This is obviously where it was going, as it is pure fucking retardation to have Historia impregnated by a nobody. Major plot points like this aren't driven by characters who have no identity because its stupid.

I mean, I can't even go "I would have ended it this way" because I wouldn't have done the retarded Marley-WWII bullshit and Titan guillotine garbage. So there's really no point in me going "I would have X", because the entire 2/3rds of the manga would be different.
Ah, I see people posted Mark's terrible video. Yeah, he even brings up Game of Thrones season 8 right after the TLOU2 bit, so I don't know HOW the fuck somebody who knows about the shitshow that was the ending of GoT season 8 can stupidly and simply defend TLOU2 and AoT's shit, cause they're the same as that, so what the fuck?

Also thank you @Secret Asshole for bringing up Before The Fall. People can say the characters are more standard and thereby more "bland" or whatever, but at least it's fun to read. Last night I also realized just how stupid it is that all the Titans were taken care of by a giant fucking log dropping on their heads. If it was that easy, why the fuck didn't they do that anytime before? It invalidates all the sacrifices when you know they could have just had a big fucking pulley system and log solve everything in less than 2 years. Don't give me that "oh they needed the attack titan", cause no they fucking didn't; how hard would it be to just fucking have a fishing pole with titan bait lowered, then have the log drop and kill them? It's so stupid, seriously.
Yeah, 'Before the Fall is Better'. Its basically like no one thought of a Guillotine before. Its so fucking stupid.
Gigguk's always been a fag with the worst takes and tastes in all of Anitube (or whatever they call it). He had a recent episode with his podcast buddies where they talked about trying to rewatch Higurashi for the first time in a decade. The problem? They decided to rewatch the dubbed version, despite the fact that a) it's notoriously bad and b) only the first season was dubbed, so restricting themselves to the dub prevents them from being able to actually watch the full story despite it being done for almost fifteen years. Even worse, in one of his Demo D+ aping seasonal anime videos he talks about his first impressions of the new Higurashi sequel... despite the fact that it's in the original Japanese and assumes you know the original first two seasons.

Also in the same video he flat out admits he's gone a full 360 and watches new anime dubbed instead of subbed, presumably because like Digibro he watches anime out of obligation as a job nowadays.

The timestamped video, if you're curious for some reason
Why? Most anime voice actors are terrible. Maybe he's like this one friend I got who watches dubs because he must have some sort of brain problem or something which makes him unable to read the subs and watch the screen at the same time
The answer is because you can 'watch' the anime while doing other shit. It eliminates the need to pay any attention to it. So if you just can't stand doing it but its your job you can basically half-ass it. There's no fucking point in listening to a fucktard who enjoys dubs. I'll only forgive people for dubs if they have a disability or are very slow readers.

Anime voice actors are universally trash and I've never found a single one I've liked. Its all either identical or overacting trash. I hate all dubs, especially of foreign shows as well. It makes me fucking cringe. Not to mention a lot of the dubs are fucking hysterically inaccurate to the original to the point where I just watched one anime with the dub on and english subtitles and the difference was hilarious and also fucking awful. So watching the dub is a completely different experience.
Bird, Bath and Baseball.
Perfect.
I hope some Erenfag tries to burn it down only to fail miserably like the actual Eren did.
Also Perfect.

Hackallier

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is obviously where it was going, as it is pure fucking retardation to have Historia impregnated by a nobody. Major plot points like this aren't driven by characters who have no identity because its stupid.

I mean, I can't even go "I would have ended it this way" because I wouldn't have done the retarded Marley-WWII bullshit and Titan guillotine garbage. So there's really no point in me going "I would have X", because the entire 2/3rds of the manga would be different.
Yeah, that's why I specified post timeskip.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Since we have had some time to take our takes about the current ending. I'm gonna have my hot take.

Just finish the genocide, have Eren kill all his friends and the Historia's baby will be Eren's. Eren will have to live the rest of his life with that guilt of killing most of humanity and his friends including Armin and Mikasa. That would be the true Mist ending.

That ending would have been better than the current one by any margin. Only way to end the manga in any satisfying way after the timeskip bullshit. It's not a moral ending or anything like that but it's a somewhat unique one. The protagonist turned the main villain wins in the end would be left in the readers' mind. This Marvel Avengers ending is so stupid and misses all the themes of the original manga.
If you change some of the setup that could possibly work. Eren’s “succeeded” in his goals and killed every non-Eldian, but at the cost of his friends, his agency as an individual, and his humanity. All his friends are dead, everyone who’s still left alive is horrified at the genocidal monster he’s become, and even HE isn’t sure who he is anymore, having long given himself up as a hand of fate in his one-track quest to genocide all of humanity. In this ending Eren would succeed, but he most definitely would not have won. And if you really wanna go with the “lol revenge bad” moral, you can really push the idea that in his quest for “freedom”, he’d actually made himself a slave to revenge. The irony of his early motivation being freedom only to later go “lol gotta keep moving forward on my path no matter what” would actually be a GOOD thing if used in this context, because it could be used to show that hate and a desire for revenge has turned him away from what he ACTUALLY wanted to begin with.

Oh, and also, you gotta make the whole PATHS shit way more ambiguous and unreliable. Make it so that EREN thinks genocide is the only option and won’t hear otherwise, but it should be clear to the OTHER characters (and the audience) that there’s other solutions to be had. You also don’t make the rest of the world strawman racists - maybe Eren thinks they are because that’s how the previous Attack Titan users saw them, and that’s seriously clouding his judgment, but it should be clear to everyone else that he’s wrong.

Literally, all you need to do to make that story work is to make it unambiguously clear that Eren is making a bad decision, but to also allow us to relate with WHY Eren did it.

Last edited:

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
You don't have to make it clear that Eren is wrong.

All you had to do was not make his reasons for doing everything equate to wanting to fuck his sister. Because that is silly. Oh and not turn him into a bird. Up until then, he had achieved what he wanted at the cost of freeing Ymir and taking her place thus never being able to be free. By turning into a bird he is granted freedom.

Deadwaste

my password is ballsdeepnpussy69 honest
kiwifarms.net
I can understand spoken English, but still absolutely hate English dubbed anime, I only watch English subs. I will never understand what possesses an adult to watch any dubbed content. I would cringe at any Japanese material being dubbed in my language nowadays
bebop and black lagoon dub would like to have a word with you

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
bebop and black lagoon dub would like to have a word with you
As would Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, High School of the Dead, Code Geass, Ghost Stories, Wolf's Rain, and all the other countless animes that actually have good dubs.

My point is that anyone who bitches about dubbed anime is a fag.

Last edited:

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
As would Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, High School of the Dead, Code Geass, Ghost Stories, Wolf's Rain, and all the other countless animes that actually have good dubs.

My point is that anyone who bitches about dubbed anime is a fag.
Ghost Stories dub is a masterpiece by no means, even despite being a happy little accident

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net

That's most likely what was going to happen originally, Linked Horizon would get insider info from Isayama and put bits of foreshadowing into his cover art and videos. The most explicit being this:

Though the difference being this Eren has a kid and the kid keeps him from killing himself out of guilt. Yes he's a fucking bird here too.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, and also, you gotta make the whole PATHS shit way more ambiguous and unreliable. Make it so that EREN thinks genocide is the only option and won’t hear otherwise, but it should be clear to the OTHER characters (and the audience) that there’s other solutions to be had. You also don’t make the rest of the world strawman racists - maybe Eren thinks they are because that’s how the previous Attack Titan users saw them, and that’s seriously clouding his judgment, but it should be clear to everyone else that he’s wrong.
I mean, there's also the option that Eren is right. Just not in the way people were expecting.

Make Eren the equivalent to Cassandra. Have him figure out that the world developed an equivalent to a nuke, but nobody believes him. Have him explore every avenue to try and avoid killing the rest of the world. The world itself basically decides that Paradis is more trouble than its worth and decides to off it. Show that the world is only tenuously united through its hatred of Paradis, and machinations behind the scenes look to rid itself of the excuse. Maybe you know, make another antagonist. One who is hyping up the use of the only nuke on Paradis to rid themselves of the devils, but his nation already has multiple ones ready to go to dominate the rest of the world, once they nuke Paradis into oblivion.

The problem is that every avenue Eren explores leads to the destruction of Paradis. Not only that, once Paradis is destroyed, humanity destroys itself through nuclear annihilation. It doesn't matter if Paradis and the Eldians are euthanized and killed slow or fast, humanity is destroyed in a massive world war followed by waves of nuclear fire. Every single avenue Eren explores leads to this conclusion. The annihilation of Paradis, followed by the annihilation of humanity itself.

Nobody believes Eren because nobody wants to believe him. They all think he's lying or gone insane. Nobody tries to help him. He tries to do everything himself. Maybe the only one who believes and helps him is Historia, but for the reasons in the plot she can't do it actively and has to hide. Eventually, he just cannot hold back anymore and the march of time eventually forces his hand.

He has no other choice but to annihilate the nations of the world, taking the secrets of the nuke (or whatever weapon you want) with them. They're all too close to completion, nobody is willing to help him and he sees no other alternative. He can't just destroy the weapons, because every road leads to destruction. The only road he sees to humanity's salvation is the destruction of the civilization on the mainland. There's simply no other way, the hatred of Paradis blinds the world to its own destruction. Any half measures Eren takes inevitably ends up with humanity's demise down the line.

So Eren's only way is through the rumbling. Of course his friends constantly try to stop him, and he avoids killing them, but they refuse to believe him and he has to kill them. So they force his hand. Eren ends up destroying all of humanity on the continent, along with all of the super weapons he finds, and the evidence to their existence. Only he and Historia knows about them. With the destruction of the mainland and all the shifters, all of the Titans go back to Eren, who finds himself basically immortal as the last Titan, with the memories of all the shifters inside of him. Unable to cope with what he's done, he despairs, and now something beyond human itself, he decides to leave the world behind.

Eren himself decides to disappear into PATHS, sitting at the end of time and space itself. He stares at the Yggdrasil, wondering if he made the right decision to spare humanity a species bent on its own destruction, now being something other than human himself. When he sees Historia and his child in the world through time, he decides that maybe, just maybe, there is a faint hope with everything he did and sacrificed, perhaps humanity was worth saving in the end.

That's most likely what was going to happen originally, Linked Horizon would get insider info from Isayama and put bits of foreshadowing into his cover art and videos. The most explicit being this:

Though the difference being this Eren has a kid and the kid keeps him from killing himself out of guilt. Yes he's a fucking bird here too.
Wow, that brings back memories. Turns out that video was completely fucking irrelevant lol.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait what? What is this?

I don't know if the Japanese authors just say "fuck it", I think they plan out a plot with the ending and then can't come up with new ideas when the manga is extended.

Toriyama famously was banned from ending Dragonball because it was the most popular manga in the magazine so he just repeated the Frieza arc over and over again with higher and higher powerlevel enemies.

The Death Note author revealed in his next manga, Bakuman, that he wanted to end Death Note with L and Light both killing each other but the editors prevented him and told him to keep the manga going so he just did the Light arc again with Near and missiles and Yakuza and shit. Indeed, that would have been a more natural ending. Light kills L but suprise, L set a trap as a dead man's switch and both characters die and the manga ends.
Didn’t one of the live action version of Death Note have the same thing happen with L as the manga, but it’s later revealed that L wrote his own name in the Note to die like a month or two later, so he ended up catching and arresting Light, dying at peace with himself a month later or something? I remember hearing about it.

I think it was the live action Japanese one because the stand alone L film takes place within that last month.

Protistology

kiwifarms.net
Didn’t one of the live action version of Death Note have the same thing happen with L as the manga, but it’s later revealed that L wrote his own name in the Note to die like a month or two later, so he ended up catching and arresting Light, dying at peace with himself a month later or something? I remember hearing about it.

I think it was the live action Japanese one because the stand alone L film takes place within that last month.
Let me put it this way, in Bakuman the main character and enemy character fight to the death and die together exhausted in the public square.

L laying a trap was just a decent guess.

You're probably right. The live action ending was going to be the ending for the manga. However, aren't there like 9 movies?

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let me put it this way, in Bakuman the main character and enemy character fight to the death and die together exhausted in the public square.

L laying a trap was just a decent guess.

You're probably right. The live action ending was going to be the ending for the manga. However, aren't there like 9 movies?
Two live action, the L spin-off live action, the two anime recap movies, the live action western one...

I just don't understand what people saw in Attack On Titan being deep?

I enjoyed it somewhat, before the rumbling arc that is, and the cool scenes of the anime are absolutely stunning.
Other than that, though...

-The art was kinda shit at the beginning but became decent by the end.

-Dialogue was typical cringe full of exposition and HORRIBLY placed flashbacks. The Reiner and Bertholdt reveal in the manga gave me cancer. Why the FUCK would you ever put a flashback there. Just why????????

-The main trio was fucking terrible. Eren "I hate titans." Armin "the smart loser cuck". Mikasa "I wanna fuck my brother. Also cheap ass speeches. Also natural badass, whatever." Post time skip Eren was fun until his character assassination, but all other characters turned into completely worthless trash.

-The side characters varied from kind of cool, such as Reiner and Annie, to wasted potential, such as Berthold and Ymir, to completely and utterly useless: Sasha and Connie and Jean. Yeah, I think those three were always trash. Isayama should have cut down on characters or just killed them early.

-Titans were cool, though, even if they were basically zombies. The warriors were cool and the mystery could be interesting, and I did not mind the whole Marley thing. I think it was fine.

-The themes were the most obvious, in your face kind of garbage. Oh wow!! Muh cycle of endless Hatrediiiii! Soooo deep, bro.

I could spend a while more on that, but whatever.

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
People coming out and trying to defend the ending where the main character is beaten up by a frail, blonde AIDs victim and then screams like a loser he wanted to fuck his sister so he killed his mom and then 80% of humankind. All the while being the God of Causality, being so terminally retarded at having Godlike powers being unable to figure out a way to fuck his sister without fucking the planet over.
This is probably my biggest gripe with the whole ending, being able to affect causality and somehow not being able to figure out how to get your sister to fuck you so you end up settling with "killing most of the world to get her to kiss my decapitated head" is probably the most retarded plot point I've ever read, especially since Mikasa had the hots for Eren for most of the story. A lot of the fags that defend the ending will say something among the lines of "akschully Mikasa wanting to fuck Eren was anime only, manga Mikasa only loved him as a brother", but even in this case I'm sure the god of fucking casualty can do one little change in the timeline that causes Mikasa to want to fuck him, it seriously can't be that difficult.
Which is funny because Shakespeare is only held so highly today. In his time his work was popular stuff for the masses and not much more.
So you're telling me that the guy that today is regarded as one of the best if not the best writers of all time was the equivalent of a capeshit director back in his day? thats fucking hilarious.

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
The mangaka doesn't get that feeding pointless speculative plot points isn't worth it. It's hard to go wrong to make plot points as attuned to your names and faces as possible. You don't have to and some authors don't but it's risky.

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
So you're telling me that the guy that today is regarded as one of the best if not the best writers of all time was the equivalent of a capeshit director back in his day? thats fucking hilarious.
Really popular capeshit that's far better than anything today but yes. If the bard were alive now he would be writing actual capeshit make no mistake. His work was held so highly because it was stupidly popular and entertaining.

Last edited:

Estate

Khazar milkers inspector
kiwifarms.net
Really popular capeshit that's far better than anything today but yes. If the bard were alive now he would be writing actual capeshit make no mistake. His work was held so highly because it was stupidly popular and entertaining.
That's an interesting take.
Care to elaborate with some effort posting or will your statement just be some fever dream meme?

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
I just don't understand what people saw in Attack On Titan being deep?
I will always remember a friend saying it was great, me asking what it was about, him not wanting to say to not spoil me and me guessing the entire first season using just the title.
That's an interesting take.
Care to elaborate with some effort posting or will your statement just be some fever dream meme?
He wrote popular stuff for his time. Today the most popular thing to write is capeshit.

If you look at capeshit, it can be many different genres and styles. Shakespeare wrote in many different styles for many different genres. Cape stuff gives him the freedom to write whatever he wants - because it is not defined by genre or style - using the characters as mouth pieces aimed at a mass audience. Which is what he did in his time.

Last edited: