Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW DESTROYING YOUR OWN SERIES ONCE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MAKE A PSA COMIC TELLING PEOPLE WHO WERE INVESTED IN IT TO FUCK OFF (#NO REFUNDS)

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quiet Guy

kiwifarms.net
That's most likely what was going to happen originally, Linked Horizon would get insider info from Isayama and put bits of foreshadowing into his cover art and videos. The most explicit being this:

Though the difference being this Eren has a kid and the kid keeps him from killing himself out of guilt. Yes he's a fucking bird here too.
Perhaps this is what Isayama had in mind for that video:

After the Rumbling, Eren returns to Mikasa as a bird. They finally get together and a year later Mikasa lays an egg with Eren's child inside it.

Meanwhile, an upset world begins plotting to destroy Paradis. They gather their remaining forces and carpet bomb the island leaving many casualties. Bird Eren and Mikasa avoid this because they happen to be on their honeymoon in the country Mikasa's ancestor came from. All is not lost however, since all the casualties come back as birds.

The birds are angry and wage a furious bird war on the remnants of civilization. Flocks of birds swarm and caw at their enemies and eat what crops they can grow. The people fight back, but the birds' initial strike on their crops wounded them considerably.

Bird Eren and Mikasa's egg hatches. It's a little bird person like you see in the video. As the years pass tensions continue to rise, more bird people are hatched as the reincarnated Bird Eldians marry and have children with humans. Ymir the Founder sees this and tries to give the rest of humanity a way to fight back by turning them into snake people like you see in the video.

As a decade or two passes the fighting continues. Bird Eren comes to give a speech to the bird army defending the island. "If you we win we live, if we lose we die," he squawks, "We can't win if we don't fight." Both the birds and bird people understand him, since they speak bird.
"Tatacaw...TATACAW!"

The crowd erupts into a frenzy of excited squawking and cawing. There is a raucous applause as wings furiously beat the air, and feathers fly everywhere.

As generations pass, the snake people and bird people still fight with one another, but manage to create separate societies. The snakes live on the ground, but birds live in the air as birds should. The birds have cities suspended high above the ground where bird families live in giant birdhouses. Perhaps one day the snakes and birds can learn to live in peace.

After the Rumbling, Eren returns to Mikasa as a bird. They finally get together and a year later Mikasa lays an egg with Eren's child inside it.

Meanwhile, an upset world begins plotting to destroy Paradis. They gather their remaining forces and carpet bomb the island leaving many casualties. Bird Eren and Mikasa avoid this because they happen to be on their honeymoon in the country Mikasa's ancestor came from. All is not lost however, since all the casualties come back as birds.

The birds are angry and wage a furious bird war on the remnants of civilization. Flocks of birds swarm and caw at their enemies and eat what crops they can grow. The people fight back, but the birds' initial strike on their crops wounded them considerably.

Bird Eren and Mikasa's egg hatches. It's a little bird person like you see in the video. As the years pass tensions continue to rise, more bird people are hatched as the reincarnated Bird Eldians marry and have children with humans. Ymir the Founder sees this and tries to give the rest of humanity a way to fight back by turning them into snake people like you see in the video.

As a decade or two passes the fighting continues. Bird Eren comes to give a speech to the bird army defending the island. "If you we win we live, if we lose we die," he squawks, "We can't win if we don't fight." Both the birds and bird people understand him, since they speak bird.
"Tatacaw...TATACAW!"

The crowd erupts into a frenzy of excited squawking and cawing. There is a raucous applause as wings furiously beat the air, and feathers fly everywhere.

As generations pass, the snake people and bird people still fight with one another, but manage to create separate societies. The snakes live on the ground, but birds live in the air as birds should. The birds have cities suspended high above the ground where bird families live in giant birdhouses. Perhaps one day the snakes and birds can learn to live in peace.
What drugs concocted that?

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still don't understand why shounen mangaka feel the need to include romance when 99.9% of the time it's done horribly, case in point. Who are they looking to please, the shippers? Their target audience certainly doesn't give a fuck.

When the majority of your readers didn't see this shoehorned shit coming, you know that's a bad sign.
I remember when that Naruto: The Last movie was being made, Kishimoto outright admitted the romance between the characters was so sparse because he’s not good at writing romance. From what I remember, he brought in the creator of a romance anime to direct the movie specifically because he wasn’t good at it.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net

"Tatacaw...TATACAW!"

That sounds like the Hindu mythical conflict between the Garuda and Naga, but actually pretty stupid and drugged up

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If the fun is gone, you could just delete the thread.

So what I’m hearing is that the problem is Eren has no clear motivations except for Mikasa which he revealed at the last moment possible. Is that right? I can understand the concept of “blinded by rage to the point where nobody can understand him”, then changing course out of guilt. I guess everything after the basement just went about in the wrong way at every moment.

Also, the thing about Mikasa is that it’s probably that pretty much every shonen title just waits until the last moments possible probably because the main shonen demographic of 13 year old Japanese boys aren’t interested in that shit and/or the creators can’t or don’t want to show that aspect of romance....or characters wanting to jump on some bones. Think about all the ships and “hey, I’m up for wax with you whenever” and whatnot that either don’t come to pass, or are held off until the last moments for whatever reason: Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura from Naruto. Ichigo and Orihime from Bleach. Ed and Winry in FullMetal Alchemist. All the ships from Fairy Tail. Misa only having eyes for Light Yagami in Death Note. That’s off the top of my head, but I’m sure the list goes on. Even if the Eren and Mikasa aspect was poorly done and/or punted to the end, what isn’t in Shonen?
No, it has nothing to do with that. While you are right, romance is done poorly, romance was NEVER a thing in AoT. Even in other shonen you can point out hundreds of little incidents over the many year run to fuel the 'will they or won't they'. In AoT, there's basically one instance where Eren shows any romantic feelings to Mikasa and she clearly doesn't feel any towards Eren (which makes absolutely no sense since its quite obvious she wants Eren for a long fucking time). Of course, this is shown in a flashback, as with most pertinent information in this trash. So one scene with no other buildup and its a flash back.

So its just 'Eren loved Mikasa' out of nowhere. Basically, the working theory is Isayama read fan comments online and just awkwardly shipped the two together with no real evidence that Eren held any feelings except in a single flashback in the timeskip which he didn't write.

The thing is, this is the ONLY crystal-clear motivation he's given to Eren with any evidence. Even if its piss poor. One instance in one flashback in one chapter. A lot of devices in AoT are, 'emergency: in case of getting stuck, break glass'. Historia's pregnancy, Annie, Eren's visions, Eren's feelings towards Mikasa....all of these are devices set up just in case he gets stuck and needs to write his way out. They're all extremely poorly developed and linger sometimes for over a hundred chapters. See Histora's pregnancy not even being used, nor Eren's visions. (Another unbelievable thing is the island uniting under a queen we haven't seen do fuck-all for...how many years? A fucking joke.)

The fact that readers latch onto a 'virgin with rage' isn't a shocker, because there's no other motivation for him genociding than that. There's nothing else we're given except, "Trust Eren guyz, this is the only way". That's it. We have to blindly put our faith in this clearly unreliable dude who has always been a little bit violent and unstable. Right. I totally believe him when he says that. There's also the fact that no one provides Eren with ANY alternatives. Its a fucking joke too. So the reason people go with, "Eren killed the world because he wanted to fuck Mikasa" are two reasons:

1) Eren has no other clear, plausible motivation. He never expressly says why he had to go genocide people. Don't give me that fucking retarded "oh, but he wanted Armin to be teh heros" trash. That's fucking idiotic for a thousand different reasons, not to mention its AGAIN, two panels in the FINAL CHAPTER, as almost a throwaway line. There's no evidence for this AT ALL but these lines from a genocidal maniac. This does not constitute a motivation. Its telling, not showing. So readers of course are going to brush over this when Eren is sitting in a pool of his own piss screaming about Mikasa not wanting to fuck another man. Its the only thing we have evidence for and backed up, however flimsy, in previous chapters.

Him being a very very weak, insignificant and shitty Lelouch clone isn't corroborated anywhere. Also people aren't going to be very forgiving when you rip off a widely disliked and controversial ending to another manga. I mean its a blatant fucking rip off. And again, the plan is fucking retarded for so many reasons that nobody in their right mind would consider it if they had any other options. Like literally, ANY other option.

2) The Lelouch excuse is basically Isayama telling, not showing. So there's really no reason to take this to heart. You killed 80% of people....why? And if you created a crisis where all of the world united against Paradis and just crushed and murdered your friends? It makes no fucking sense. Shit, I remember plenty of settings where there was an apocalypse and a ruthless fucking bastard united people and created global empires. So that's not going to happen here? They're just going to forget the racism they've been using illogically for centuries and just accept your bullshit excuse? Nigger please. And who is going to live through that apocalypse? Really hard motherfuckers. Congrats. you've just turned the remaining 20%, who greatly outnumber you, into hardened bastards.

Isayama going "NO NON NO)NONON BUT THERE WAS PEACE AND SHIT. EVERYONE BELIEVES ARHMIN" Shut the fuck up. That's retarded writing and attempting to wrap up all of your mystery boxes that are just filled with dog shit. And that's what this ending largely is. An attempt to wrap up massive amounts of mystery and shovel as much crap into plot holes as possible. Ymir being in love with a pedophile rapist, a delusional mikasa making out with her step-brother's severed head off of his still warm corpse, like Jesus.

This series is trash and I always find so many new ways that its literary manure. I hope Isayama retires to his onsen and never comes the fuck out.
I still don't understand why shounen mangaka feel the need to include romance when 99.9% of the time it's done horribly, case in point. Who are they looking to please, the shippers? Their target audience certainly doesn't give a fuck.

When the majority of your readers didn't see this shoehorned shit coming, you know that's a bad sign.
The problem is that there are the shippers and that they don't really write it decently. They don't get into romance easily and develop the relationship. They let it linger FOREVER and it gets really fucking old. The only Shonen where I think romance is done well is 'Black Clover', because Asta is hilariously autistic and loves a nun, which is almost a self-parody of shonen romance. Everyone else he has this hilarious autistic blindspot where he can't see shit and its great.

But generally you are right, its done awfully and just extended out forever.
You know, I just wanna say I absolutely fucking hate how this series makes people write novel length responses to this thread. Yeah, I know I've done the exact same thing, and I'm pissed that I did so.

It's just not worth it.
I do enjoy breaking down this trash, but constantly arguing with people over the same points I went over 20-30-50-80 pages ago is pretty tiring, which is why my patience is less and less and I'm less polite with it. I think most people in here are, which is why if you like this and want to talk about it, you should be prepared for that response.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Apparently part of an interview with Isayama was leaked and this was what was translated

1620506480874.png

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised no one compared Eren to Dutch van der Linde from Red Dead Redemption considering he has a PLAN!
I think I did at one point in this thread, actually. I can't remember what page it was, but I'm pretty sure the comparison was brought up.

The funny thing is that even Dutch's plan as stupid as it was is still better than whatever the fuck Eren's was supposed to be.

Quiet Guy

kiwifarms.net
What drugs concocted that?

That sounds like the Hindu mythical conflict between the Garuda and Naga, but actually pretty stupid and drugged up
It occurred to me that the bird people in the video could match up with Bird Eren and Mikasa having children, so I wound up making a story out of it. It also may be a more satisfying for some to imagine this is what happened after the last chapter.

Also, by chance I found this video of a bird colonel talking with some humans about what sounds like some kind of war strategy:

albert chan

Ratchet & Clank was a good game
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Hard to believe that this was interview was over six years ago. Even harder to believe that there’s barely any criticism of the final few chapters of the series.

Stay safe

kiwifarms.net
The extended ending may have been leaked. Zekken is completely trustworthy, but he says this time the leaks are so bad his source might just be playing a prank on him. So take this with a grain of salt.

There's a second time skip, Mikasa is visiting Eren's grave with her husband and child, Zekken says he thinks the father is Jean but he's not positive.

Oh, and the island has been fucking nuked. Peace talks failed and the Rumbling survivors resumed the Holocaust. The Titans also came back for some reason.

The End.

"I don't know what's the point of snk anymore, I couldn't even believe the leaks this time, everything is meaningless."

Never forget that Floch did nothing wrong.

Bunny Tracks

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The extended ending may have been leaked. Zekken is completely trustworthy, but he says this time the leaks are so bad his source might just be playing a prank on him. So take this with a grain of salt.

There's a second time skip, Mikasa is visiting Eren's grave with her husband and child, Zekken says he thinks the father is Jean but he's not positive.

Oh, and the island has been fucking nuked. Peace talks failed and the Rumbling survivors resumed the Holocaust. The Titans also came back for some reason.

The End.

"I don't know what's the point of snk anymore, I couldn't even believe the leaks this time, everything is meaningless."

It's probably fake, but I hope this is real because this would've been a way better way end things instead of Yams just pussing out in the end. Imagine the fallout that would've happened.

Hackallier

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The End.

Lmao some of the theories going around is that it's actually Eren visiting his own grave with Mikasa.
Never give up shippers :story:

Quiet Guy

kiwifarms.net
It's probably fake
You say that, but it seems that every time leaks of something stupid come out it turns out to be true. Also, if these leaks are true, then, much like Paradis, Isayama really just nuked the story from orbit. If that's the case, then I would suspect even more that it's intentional because he wasn't allowed to write the ending he wanted. Maybe he's trying to make it so the anime won't end like the manga.

So much for my bird people ending.

Bunny Tracks

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You say that, but it seems that every time leaks of something stupid come out it turns out to be true. Also, if these leaks are true, then, much like Paradis, Isayama really just nuked the story from orbit. If that's the case, then I would suspect even more that it's intentional because he wasn't allowed to write the ending he wanted. Maybe he's trying to make it so the anime won't end like the manga.

So much for my bird people ending.
You know what? You're right.

And you know what else? I've always been right, so I'm gonna change my answer.

This is the real ending.

It was the one we were supposed to get, but Isayama either pussed out, or the editors made him change it.

This is the true and honest ending, and it's the one that will be animated for season four.

There.

Let's see if I can pull this shit off one more time.

Last edited:

Quiet Guy

kiwifarms.net
You know what? You're right.

And you know what else? I've always been right, so I'm gonna change my answer.

This is the real ending.

It was the one we were supposed to get, but Isayama either pussed out, or the editors made him change it.

This is the true and honest ending, and it's the one that will be animated for season four.

There.

Let's see if I can pull this shit off once again.
I was disappointed to say the least with the previous ending. At this point I think I actually want these leaks to be real. That would be pretty funny. The ending was bad, but this would be like dumping gallons of gasoline and accelerant on the fire that started burning down the ending a month ago. I'm reminded of a quote by E;R in his Last Jedi video "I couldn't have disappointed everyone better myself."

I don't really think this was the original ending; I think the original ending may have had Eren completing the rumbling, but this has become such a mess at this point, so who knows.

Also, I'm not sure if they would actually be willing to animate an ending this bad. If there really wanted to, they could probably just end it where it ended last month, but again who knows.

Hackallier

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When the final chapter was released, I thought that would be last of the salt and we would be free. But no, Isayama has to shit out extra pages to ruin the ending even more. The salt just from these leaks has been great, and I have high expectations of how twitter will react to these pages if the spoilers are correct. Twitter unsurprisingly had the most positive reception of the final chapter so this is going to be delicious.