Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW DESTROYING YOUR OWN SERIES ONCE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MAKE A PSA COMIC TELLING PEOPLE WHO WERE INVESTED IN IT TO FUCK OFF (#NO REFUNDS)

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fucking love r/titanfolk. :story:
1621224764748.png

1621250641726.png
1621250852933.png

Last edited:

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
I don't watch that much anime, few ever catch my interest, SnK was one of this few exceptions, a friend of mine convinced me to watch it back when s1 had just finished airing, I decided to watch it out of courtesy but I ended up enjoying it a lot, and for it to end like this, its hilarious really.
On another note I fully believe that Isayima just wanted this shit to be over and made a shotty ending so he wouldn't be pressed to do a sequel, but then saw twitter and your average internet "intellectuals" saying the ending was "so deep" he panicked and decided to shit it up even more

Protistology

kiwifarms.net
I don't watch that much anime, few ever catch my interest, SnK was one of this few exceptions, a friend of mine convinced me to watch it back when s1 had just finished airing, I decided to watch it out of courtesy but I ended up enjoying it a lot, and for it to end like this, its hilarious really.
On another note I fully believe that Isayima just wanted this shit to be over and made a shotty ending so he wouldn't be pressed to do a sequel, but then saw twitter and your average internet "intellectuals" saying the ending was "so deep" he panicked and decided to shit it up even more
Just watch Legend of Galactic Heroes and Neon Genesis Evangelion. All other anime is garbage after watching that.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Just watch Legend of Galactic Heroes and Neon Genesis Evangelion. All other anime is garbage after watching that.
I'd add Puella Magi Madoka Magica as well (a show which is in many ways Evangelion's counterpart for magical girls).

As for Attack On Titan, it is rather sad to see just how far this series has fallen. For that matter, I think it would've been much better had it stayed focused on the war between humans and Titans, and not bothered with all this complicated political nonsense and time-travel shenanigans. What was so wrong with just sticking to the premise that made it so popular to begin with?

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
I'd add Puella Magi Madoka Magica as well (a show which is in many ways Evangelion's counterpart for magical girls).

As for Attack On Titan, it is rather sad to see just how far this series has fallen. For that matter, I think it would've been much better had it stayed focused on the war between humans and Titans, and not bothered with all this complicated political nonsense and time-travel shenanigans. What was so wrong with just sticking to the premise that made it so popular to begin with?
I would argue that killing titans would get boring quick. Even for their interesting variation there was always the same weakspot and method for killing them.

The titans became inconsequential already around the female titan arc. It became all about the titan shifters from that point on. And honestly I have a hard time seeing the normal titans remaining a threat for longer than they actually were.

So alternatively you could have a shorter story where defeating the first titan shifters was the conclusion. Or you could rewrite the later storyline in such a way that the normal titans remained important for longer. For example normal titans being used more often as a offensive weapon by Marlay and Eldia

Some people think simple premises can't carry something for an entire story. Maybe Isayama thought he needed something major for the basement.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
I don’t think “zombie show but with Titans lmao” could’ve carried itself for long. Zombie fiction in general has the issue of the overarching conflict being way beyond what the protagonists are realistically capable of solving, because what are you gonna do, kill all the zombies? It’s inevitable that you’d go from “we’re fighting mindless titans” to “holy shit, somebody is controlling them behind the scenes”. That’s a natural and logical story progression.

One way the story could’ve gone was to make Paradis into titan North Korea. That the Titans roaming outside the walls were purposely planted there by the leadership both to keep invaders out and to keep their own citizens in, and that they were running their titan research program and experimenting on their own citizens to create more titan shifters to use as WMD’s (Of course this necessitates the lore to be changed. Instead of Ymir and some PATHS bullshit, Titans will just be a vaguely-scientifically-plausible bioweapon with no mystical connotations).

In this scenario, Marley would be completely justified in infiltrating and attacking Paradis (who poses a very real threat to the safety of the world, if their titan research is allowed to complete) and it would make sense for them to feel a bit conflicted once they realize that the people they’re killing are just innocent brainwashed civilians who have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes.

That would basically give you a double twist: the first being “oh shit there’s people outside the walls and they’re attacking us”, the second being “they’re actually the good guys... sorta”. Now, the goal would be to blow the titan conspiracy wide open and to overthrow the government of Paradis, while simultaneously trying to convince Marley not to nuke them into the ground. Now, peace between Marley and Paradis is actually a viable end goal, because the conflict isn’t based on something retarded like “lol muh 2000 year old racism” and is now a result of a tangible conflict that can be realistically resolved by the main characters.

You’d basically have 3 factions: the Paradis government (unambiguously antagonistic, wants to rule the world with Titans, experiments on their own people, sends the scout regiment to die pointless deaths in order to keep up the masquerade), the Marleyan government (well-intentioned extremists, have very good reasons to be afraid of Paradis, willing to nuke Paradis off the map even if it means killing innocents because they believe it will save the rest of the world) and the protagonists, which are the scouts allied with the Marleyan infiltrators, who know the “truth” about Paradis and need to spread it to the world to prevent said nuking. The story can now end with the Paradis government overthrown, the Marleyan government shown the error of their ways, and Eren a tragic hero who sacrificed himself to rid the world of Titans for good.

Last edited:
I don’t think “zombie show but with Titans lmao” could’ve carried itself for long. Zombie fiction in general has the issue of the overarching conflict being way beyond what the protagonists are realistically capable of solving, because what are you gonna do, kill all the zombies? It’s inevitable that you’d go from “we’re fighting mindless titans” to “holy shit, somebody is controlling them behind the scenes”. That’s a natural and logical story progression.

One way the story could’ve gone was to make Paradis into titan North Korea. That the Titans roaming outside the walls were purposely planted there by the leadership both to keep invaders out and to keep their own citizens in, and that they were running their titan research program and experimenting on their own citizens to create more titan shifters to use as WMD’s (Of course this necessitates the lore to be changed. Instead of Ymir and some PATHS bullshit, Titans will just be a vaguely-scientifically-plausible bioweapon with no mystical connotations).

In this scenario, Marley would be completely justified in infiltrating and attacking Paradis (who poses a very real threat to the safety of the world, if their titan research is allowed to complete) and it would make sense for them to feel a bit conflicted once they realize that the people they’re killing are just innocent brainwashed civilians who have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes.

That would basically give you a double twist: the first being “oh shit there’s people outside the walls and they’re attacking us”, the second being “they’re actually the good guys... sorta”. Now, the goal would be to blow the titan conspiracy wide open and to overthrow the government of Paradis, while simultaneously trying to convince Marley not to nuke them into the ground. Now, peace between Marley and Paradis is actually a viable end goal, because the conflict isn’t based on something retarded like “lol muh 2000 year old racism” and is now a result of a tangible conflict that can be realistically resolved by the main characters.

You’d basically have 3 factions: the Paradis government (unambiguously antagonistic, wants to rule the world with Titans, experiments on their own people, sends the scout regiment to die pointless deaths in order to keep up the masquerade), the Marleyan government (well-intentioned extremists, have very good reasons to be afraid of Paradis, willing to nuke Paradis off the map even if it means killing innocents because they believe it will save the rest of the world) and the protagonists, which are the scouts allied with the Marleyan infiltrators, who know the “truth” about Paradis and need to spread it to the world to prevent said nuking. The story can now end with the Paradis government overthrown, the Marleyan government shown the error of their ways, and Eren a tragic hero who sacrificed himself to rid the world of Titans for good.
I had an idea like that. Here’s the thing: even if the setup is simple and inevitable, the deciding factor is execution, and maybe characters since we’ve been going on about Eren and his motivations for pages now. Isayama just did the most....what the living fucking hell....moves after the timeskip. A lot.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
I had an idea like that. Here’s the thing: even if the setup is simple and inevitable, the deciding factor is execution, and maybe characters since we’ve been going on about Eren and his motivations for pages now. Isayama just did the most....what the living fucking hell....moves after the timeskip. A lot.
It's like I said earlier. I like the idea behind the reveal in the basement. But the execution lacked. It came way too late in the story to be properly developed. This should have been at the halfway point rather than three fourths in, and there was a lot of characters who got handed the idiot ball after the timeskip to make everything work

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I was talking to some friends who actually read the manga (as opposed to me who watched 2.5 seasons and read a summary of the rest) and based on their descriptions a lot of the ideas don’t sound like they’re inherently bad. Like, there’s a lot of stuff that probably could’ve worked if it was handled better, but it just... wasn’t.

KEKMUHLORD

kiwifarms.net
Is that Ken with a kid and another on the way...or is that canary with the @? Also, even Armin is shocked at how pathetic the Mikasa angle is.
Kaneki has a kid with Touka named Ichika and Touka is also pregnant with another child at the end of RE. You can see her belly in the last page of the manga when they are all together.