Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW DESTROYING YOUR OWN SERIES ONCE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MAKE A PSA COMIC TELLING PEOPLE WHO WERE INVESTED IN IT TO FUCK OFF (#NO REFUNDS)

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
Maybe the two sides of the Pacific aren’t as different as I thought.
Really the only difference is how fast jap execs cancel stuff, how hard they expect an author to work and clear separation between the original work and everything else. You don't have issues where you'll be reading the main series only for you to then need to read three spin offs and then come back to the main work. Oh and clear genre and audience separation is a thing.

Western Comics could stand to crib a few pointers from them. It would probably help sales.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
I mean yeah that is true. I agreed the Snyder cut was better than Joss Whedon's film but the precedent it sets is going to open a can of autism worms that have never been open before.
Has it really been that bad though? Shit like Star Wars and Harry Potter has spawned far more vitriol. A couple of Attack on Titan fan rewrites is hardly the end of the world

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Really the only difference is how fast jap execs cancel stuff, how hard they expect an author to work and clear separation between the original work and everything else. You don't have issues where you'll be reading the main series only for you to then need to read three spin offs and then come back to the main work. Oh and clear genre and audience separation is a thing.

Western Comics could stand to crib a few pointers from them. It would probably help sales.
The main difference is that manga is an industry that needs to actually make money, whereas the two big comic publishers in America which heavily dominate the industry are parasites leaching off of massive corporations, who are kept around purely because they are so small and irrelevant that whatever losses their “businesses” may incur are easily offset by the perceived value of their IP.

Revo

Today, the headlines. Tomorrow, hard times.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am glad that i decided not to follow AoT manga from the beginning until the end.
Isayama recently did an interview, and holy shit, it's fucking amazing. Best highlights include:

• He got married.
  • He actually loves whiny, cuck!Eren. When he wrote him, he quote thought "Eren is back!" And yes, he did revert him back on the spot.
  • Eren and Mikasa were supposed to kiss when the former was still alive, but Isayama was "too shy" to draw it.
  • He unsurprising suffers from a pretty bad inferiority complex and has to repeatedly tell himself that "he's a genius" to make himself feel better.
  • EMA (Eren, Mikasa, Armin) represent wisdom, courage, strength respectively.
  • "If one is to draw panels of the past/the future, main characters are either all dead or haven’t been born. so, it’s up to your own interpretation whether these characters are dead or not."
I fucking kneel. What masterful trolling. I love this man! :story:
Isayama recently did an interview, and holy shit, it's fucking amazing. Best highlights include: (Archive)

Cheerlead-in-Chief

kiwifarms.net
High Chad Eren.png

Again, in a stoned monotone
Found this video yesterday:
I'm not hating this black AniTuber, I just disagree since on the top of my head I can list off anime protagonists more emotionally mature than Eren...and this morning I noticed that it includes Kenpachi, Madara, and Revy, all insane characters fittingly enough.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Has it really been that bad though? Shit like Star Wars and Harry Potter has spawned far more vitriol. A couple of Attack on Titan fan rewrites is hardly the end of the world
I mean it’s not but there are so many fandoms that could probably act this retarded but for now AOT fans are the biggest retards in the anime fandom

I mean, AoT's ending is the best fucking thing imaginable.
I didn't give a fuck about the story since the whole not-at-all-time travel thing, so a normal ending would have been boring. This is such a disgrace, all memes make it worth it.

Also, that black dude melting down every time is fucking hilarious. "Greatest story" my fucking ass.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isayama actively hates these people and has no interest in writing a great story, just beating the shit out of his audience like a domestic abuser. He wants to see how much they can take before they break completely.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Isayama actively hates these people and has no interest in writing a great story, just beating the shit out of his audience like a domestic abuser. He wants to see how much they can take before they break completely.
I think he more specifically hated the western fandom and 2ch who wanted a full rumbling especially since they are the most angry about everything he does nowadays.

Especially with how much they act genuinely retarded like when they A-Log Mikasa (a literal drawing) and act like she is the only reason the story went to shit (Instead of Isayama’s constant plot conveniences and shitty world building)

1622657750885.jpeg

1622657791175.png

1622657837236.png

They even are blaming Isayama’s wife and are still on the editor conspiracy

1622657962854.jpeg

1622657999984.jpeg

1622658026043.jpeg

FaramirG

kiwifarms.net
I think he more specifically hated the western fandom and 2ch who wanted a full rumbling especially since they are the most angry about everything he does nowadays.

Especially with how much they act genuinely retarded like when they A-Log Mikasa (a literal drawing) and act like she is the only reason the story went to shit (Instead of Isayama’s constant plot conveniences and shitty world building)

View attachment 2225229

View attachment 2225230
View attachment 2225231

View attachment 2225233
View attachment 2225235
View attachment 2225236
I think I liked it better when everyone was shitting on Armin, at least those memes were funny and not just rage-fueled sperging

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I think I liked it better when everyone was shitting on Armin, at least those memes were funny and not just rage-fueled sperging
Armin memes were actually funny too since there is so much goofy shit that comes of it. Mikasa memes are just rage from Erenfags because they are seething about how Eren didn't get his blonde aryan waifu along with the fact she killed their self insert.

Armin memes were actually funny too since there is so much goofy shit that comes of it. Mikasa memes are just rage from Erenfags because they are seething about how Eren didn't get his blonde aryan waifu along with the fact she killed their self insert.
You know, when I was more into the fandom, I saw Eremika shippers talk about how they'd be an actual couple that loves each other, while these people complaining only see Historia as just a means to pump out kids, especially when they though humanity was dying out.

View attachment 2225229

View attachment 2225230
View attachment 2225231

View attachment 2225233
View attachment 2225235
View attachment 2225236
I wonder if people understand why AOT became so popular to begin with (and I feel that most of the popularity was the "killing Titans and trying to survive in a hellscape"). As for marriage and editors, Have these people ever tried creating a story before? I'm pretty sure one of the first things you end up realizing is that you need a good editor to help your story and possibly filter out shit, even if the relationship isn't always great. Alternatively, are people that pissed off over what happened that they can't comprehend that some things were always the plan, the issues HAVE to be from interference?

As for the romance....welcome to shonen, where the target demo really doesn't give a shit about it and all that you get is scenes that could be seen as "baiting" when it could be just the way characters are written in the story are always together because reasons.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
You know, when I was more into the fandom, I saw Eremika shippers talk about how they'd be an actual couple that loves each other, while these people complaining only see Historia as just a means to pump out kids, especially when they though humanity was dying out.

I wonder if people understand why AOT became so popular to begin with (and I feel that most of the popularity was the "killing Titans and trying to survive in a hellscape"). As for marriage and editors, Have these people ever tried creating a story before? I'm pretty sure one of the first things you end up realizing is that you need a good editor to help your story and possibly filter out shit, even if the relationship isn't always great. Alternatively, are people that pissed off over what happened that they can't comprehend that some things were always the plan, the issues HAVE to be from interference?

As for the romance....welcome to shonen, where the target demo really doesn't give a shit about it and all that you get is scenes that could be seen as "baiting" when it could be just the way characters are written in the story are always together because reasons.
Erenfags view Historia as their waifu and base their ship off of a music video along with the desire to be a father since they think other themes to AOT besides Muh Freedom and Patriotism is "Surpassing the Father" because they made parellels between their ship and the first marriage of Eren's Dad.

Even though it has been established throughout the manga even explicitly stated during the basement reveal that Eren's goal was to really save his friends Mikasa and Armin (but I won't be surprised if these people blame the editor saying they were originally Historia and Floch respectively).

But to them creating a story is having your characters never show depth and repeat the same catchphrases while being excessively edgy to fight for your country in the name of Freedom.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have these people ever tried creating a story before?
lol, do you even need to ask? I mean, if you wanted to re-write AoT, you'd have to take a knife to a LOT of the story. Even if you wanted to re-write it as a nationalist masturbation fantasy, you'd have to start way earlier than 139. Basically, you'd have to leave everything up to the time-skip and then write the time-skip, spending a lot of time on the politics and the world building. There are massive problems with the story that rear its head long before 139. To just start at the end, pretending everything else is perfect, just shows that this is a masturbation fantasy.

View attachment 2225229

View attachment 2225230
View attachment 2225231

View attachment 2225233
View attachment 2225235
View attachment 2225236
This is so fucking pathetic.

I mean, the editor theory isn't completely implausible. But I don't think Isayama's ending would have been any better really. The thing is the set-up is basically for an Eren win and then out of nowhere Deus Ex Machina happens and then he just loses. I find this absolutely hysterical. There's also the possibility he had every intention of pulling a LeDouche, which is what a lot of us thought because he was ripping off everything under the sun and he just went with that because he really didn't know what the fuck Eren was doing. I kind of think he didn't know what Eren was doing and he just mystery boxed it is the scenario that is most likely. Since making things just happen randomly for no established logical reason is his style.

So it is possible that an editor said Eren couldn't win, but as time goes on I just doubt it because I honestly think he just didn't give a shit and went for a laugh.

The thing is AoT is the most sexless Shonen I've ever read. It didn't even HAVE baiting shit until the very very very very end when Isayama wanted to transform Eren into a cuck. The shippers did that shit to themselves and deluded themselves into thinking that there was fucking romance in this shit.

The thing is AoT is the most sexless Shonen I've ever read. It didn't even HAVE baiting shit until the very very very very end when Isayama wanted to transform Eren into a cuck. The shippers did that shit to themselves and deluded themselves into thinking that there was fucking romance in this shit.
It's funny you say that since you also had chapter 50 which Eremika shippers was basically all but Mikasa's declaration, and all the shit with Ymir and Historia with an anime producer saying "yeah, they love each other". Honestly, the only real shipping where "the shippers deluded themselves" you could say was maybe Levi and Hanji (and maybe Connie and Sasha) because their thing was just great chemistry together that you wanted to see more scenes with them together.

lol, do you even need to ask? I mean, if you wanted to re-write AoT, you'd have to take a knife to a LOT of the story. Even if you wanted to re-write it as a nationalist masturbation fantasy, you'd have to start way earlier than 139. Basically, you'd have to leave everything up to the time-skip and then write the time-skip, spending a lot of time on the politics and the world building. There are massive problems with the story that rear its head long before 139. To just start at the end, pretending everything else is perfect, just shows that this is a masturbation fantasy.
I'd say redoing AOT would need just redoing the politics inside the wall since the Uprising arc was a thing and such and emphasis was placed on getting Historia on the throne, so that needs to mean something. Other than that, it's just a matter of reworking the things that come from the reveals of the basement (and even the basement reveal itself). And maybe the rukes of the Titans if you think that needs working. SO, AOT isn't the worst where you have to retool things to make a better story.

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
The main difference is that manga is an industry that needs to actually make money, whereas the two big comic publishers in America which heavily dominate the industry are parasites leaching off of massive corporations, who are kept around purely because they are so small and irrelevant that whatever losses their “businesses” may incur are easily offset by the perceived value of their IP.
Yeah no, there's literally no difference between the big manga and the big comic book publishers.

Unless you seriously want to tell me shit like Dragonball isn't just as much a massive ip farm as Superman is at this point.

Yeah no, there's literally no difference between the big manga and the big comic book publishers.

Unless you seriously want to tell me shit like Dragonball isn't just as much a massive ip farm as Superman is at this point.
Well, here's the other part: Japan really doesn't do things American comics do like massive crossovers every few years, continuity reboots across their entire imprint/label, and they certainly don't try to redo failed runs and titles that are canceled due to low sales over and over again.