Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >TFW DESTROYING YOUR OWN SERIES ONCE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MAKE A PSA COMIC TELLING PEOPLE WHO WERE INVESTED IN IT TO FUCK OFF (#NO REFUNDS)

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Well, here's the other part: Japan really doesn't do things American comics do like massive crossovers every few years, continuity reboots across their entire imprint/label, and they certainly don't try to redo failed runs and titles that are canceled due to low sales over and over again.
The best you can get out of Japan is a sequel manga or a spiritual successor. Maybe a one shot non-canon forget once its over crossover. And that is only for the most successful of franchises that have lasted for fucking decades.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile this is the current state of Erenfags when they go to sleep

1622762469693.png

But honestly it's kind of funny how I think the ending is karmic for them considering how before the final chapters of AOT, they have been assholes for months

Like before chapter 123 dropped and never shutting up how much of a "Chad" Eren is

1622762544617.png

1622762583074.png

1622762682731.png

Let's see if they changed at all, maybe they got knocked down a peg or tw-

1622762789292.png

1622762801982.png

Man I wish I have this much copium to have this much self-confidence.

View attachment 2229059

But honestly it's kind of funny how I think the ending is karmic for them considering how before the final chapters of AOT, they have been assholes for months

Like before chapter 123 dropped and never shutting up how much of a "Chad" Eren is

View attachment 2229061

View attachment 2229062

View attachment 2229070

View attachment 2229080

View attachment 2229081

This sounds like those people who idolize Batman because he’s gritty and real and isn’t superhuman and put down Superman for being an “unrealistic Boy Scout”.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah no, there's literally no difference between the big manga and the big comic book publishers.

Unless you seriously want to tell me shit like Dragonball isn't just as much a massive ip farm as Superman is at this point.
Completely disagree.

There's a gigantic difference. Typically manga are their own self contained stories. There might be prequels or spin-offs, but very rarely are there sequels. For example, Akame Ga Kill! had a prequel, a main manga and a very loose sequel that is almost entirely different than the main manga.

Others, like Hellsing, have been completed for decades and have no sequels. Jojo is basically an entirely different series from when it started, and its just been very loose connections to where you don't even need to know who Dio and Jotaro are and you can just pick up Part 5 blind and it will still be a complete story. You don't need to know 30 years of continuity at all to get into it. And now Jojo is completely disconnected. You can go right into Part 7 or Part 8 without reading anything else. I cannot pick up a Marvel or DC comic and do that without prior knowledge.

Manga is not constantly remade, rebooted and retooled. Anime adaptions are, since in the 90s/early aughts, most anime was OVAs, and basically watered and cut down versions of manga, so they were remade. There's also anime that went on when the manga was going on and resembles a different product (Like Akame Ga Kill). So anime adaptions might get remade since the original is just veering off into its own territory. So that's when you'll typically get a reboot. Or when the manga adaption is just plain shit. Like Berserk has had many adaptions.

Dragonball is a very large exception to most manga.

I could direct you to Akira or GitS. Neither have been rebooted, remade or redone or sequelized. And both of them are extraordinarily iconic series. The Akira manga has stayed the same for decades. Manga's material also varies extremely wildly from the big two. There are far more than just super-hero like stories. There's slice of life, comedy, drama, action, fuck, literally everything under the sun and weird and strange concepts. Largely Marvel and DC are pure capeshit and modern forms don't stray too far and are more focused on 'representation'. Also their art has gotten shittier and shittier while manga remains fucking amazing.

View attachment 2229059

View attachment 2229061

View attachment 2229062

View attachment 2229070

View attachment 2229080

View attachment 2229081

I have not seen cope this hard in a long fucking time and I sat through the election. Good lord.

Mexican_Wizard_711

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2229059

View attachment 2229061

View attachment 2229062

View attachment 2229070

View attachment 2229080

View attachment 2229081

tbh, I actually laughed at some of these

CheezzyMach

Viva Latina
kiwifarms.net
Completely disagree.

There's a gigantic difference. Typically manga are their own self contained stories. There might be prequels or spin-offs, but very rarely are there sequels. For example, Akame Ga Kill! had a prequel, a main manga and a very loose sequel that is almost entirely different than the main manga.

Others, like Hellsing, have been completed for decades and have no sequels. Jojo is basically an entirely different series from when it started, and its just been very loose connections to where you don't even need to know who Dio and Jotaro are and you can just pick up Part 5 blind and it will still be a complete story. You don't need to know 30 years of continuity at all to get into it. And now Jojo is completely disconnected. You can go right into Part 7 or Part 8 without reading anything else. I cannot pick up a Marvel or DC comic and do that without prior knowledge.

Manga is not constantly remade, rebooted and retooled. Anime adaptions are, since in the 90s/early aughts, most anime was OVAs, and basically watered and cut down versions of manga, so they were remade. There's also anime that went on when the manga was going on and resembles a different product (Like Akame Ga Kill). So anime adaptions might get remade since the original is just veering off into its own territory. So that's when you'll typically get a reboot. Or when the manga adaption is just plain shit. Like Berserk has had many adaptions.

Dragonball is a very large exception to most manga.

I could direct you to Akira or GitS. Neither have been rebooted, remade or redone or sequelized. And both of them are extraordinarily iconic series. The Akira manga has stayed the same for decades. Manga's material also varies extremely wildly from the big two. There are far more than just super-hero like stories. There's slice of life, comedy, drama, action, fuck, literally everything under the sun and weird and strange concepts. Largely Marvel and DC are pure capeshit and modern forms don't stray too far and are more focused on 'representation'. Also their art has gotten shittier and shittier while manga remains fucking amazing.

I have not seen cope this hard in a long fucking time and I sat through the election. Good lord.
Explain to me how the manga market being dominated by Viz manga with massive multimedia franchises *Naruto, Dragonball, Demon Slayer, One Piece * is any different than the American comics market being dominated by Marvel and DC comics with massive multimedia franchises.

And Shonen is just Japanese capeshit * and the dominant manga genre by far *. Also dude read Image or Dynamite if you want non-cape comics there's plenty.

As for art nah dude there's plenty of Western comics with good art and Japanese manga with shit art.

Explain to me how the manga market being dominated by Viz manga with massive multimedia franchises *Naruto, Dragonball, Demon Slayer, One Piece * is any different than the American comics market being dominated by Marvel and DC comics with massive multimedia franchises.

And Shonen is just Japanese capeshit * and the dominant manga genre by far *. Also dude read Image or Dynamite if you want non-cape comics there's plenty.

As for art nah dude there's plenty of Western comics with good art and Japanese manga with shit art.
Did you miss the part where manga doesn’t have constant retcons or reboots? And honestly, the only thing locking out people is being long runners and having to read so much to get everything and the weekly grind could cause the pacing to feel like nothing’s happening and things meander (like with One Piece).

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Yep and they are still clutching their pearls over the editor, with new copes like how Isayama accidentally made kino (even acting like Eren somehow was writing the story for the more deranged people who at one point also blamed Joe Biden for the manga becoming shit). It's amazing how batshit they are while they act like the more rational side of the fandom (despite being the most retarded)

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net

Naruto and Dragonball are probably your closest equivalents to Japanese capeshit, and even they aren't nearly as cancerous as their American counterparts. They don't split story events across 50 different series, and they don't asslick modern trends.

Naruto's ending was lame and Boruto is even lamer (Aaaaaaaaliens), but even then it will hold up better than some of its contemporaries since it doesn't chase after what's cool at the time. There's no sudden implosion of gay ninjas or a desperate need to reimagine characters or replace them with more melanin. There's women with monster tits and a little bit of everything in the weird category spread throughout, but as long as the manga medium remains consistent and doesn't kowtow to Western pressure, even some of the dumbest shit put out there will be better respected than the tripe that Marvel and DC have made over the past few years.

Naruto's ending was lame and Boruto is even lamer (Aaaaaaaaliens),
Congratulations on finding the one issue manga DOES have: going on much longer than it needs to go. For a monthly manga, I'd say AOT probably ended at a logical point. If anything you could end after the basement reveal when they're at the ocean if you just redo tings like the Uprising arc and deal with politics earlier.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Wait what? Boruto has Aliens?
Yes. Kaguya was an alien, belonging to a race of dimension-travelling discount Tyranids.

It was silly enough that they went from throwing shurikens and kunai at each other to dropping meteors into the atmosphere, but going full ayyyylmao really takes the cake for me. Might as well have them fight Jesus next while they're at it.

It was silly enough that they went from throwing shurikens and kunai at each other to dropping meteors into the atmosphere, but going full ayyyylmao really takes the cake for me. Might as well have them fight Jesus next while they're at it.
I mean..The series became laughable the moment the "Truth" about the Sharingan came out and made Danzo into a true Hero for wanting to eliminate a legitimate dangerous genetic defect in the human race.

Edit : WAIT WAIT WAIT...if Kaguya was an alien..and was the Source of Chakra...What the fuck is up With Sage Modes?

Last edited:

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net

If you’re talking about the Western manga industry, it literally doesn’t fucking matter. It’s a complete afterthought for the Japanese, a drop in the bucket compared to their domestic sales (yet still destroying the American comics industry without even trying).

Shonen is also very different from superhero shit. Shonen is a proper genre, superhero shit is a subgenre that’s somehow grown into the single dominant genre. With Shonen, different works at least have different aesthetics and themings, despite sharing a lot of narrative tropes. Also, while it’s the dominant genre, it doesn’t have a stranglehold in the industry. It’s the only genre that normies know, sure, but look around the manga section of a Barnes & Noble and it’ll have a healthy mix of genres - and that’s just the shit they bothered translating into English.

The American comic book industry is like if 90% of manga were spin-offs and reboots of Naruto and One Piece, and every other manga was also about ninjas and pirates, with a few small magazines serving other niche interests. With American comics, I’d have to go digging pretty deep to find a selection that (1) aren’t capeshit, (2) aren’t woke garbage, and (3) aren’t literally made for 12 year olds. With manga, you take away shonen (which I personally have little interest in anyways) and you’re left with... literally every series that isn’t the typical normie shit everyone knows about.

Also lol what the fuck, took me a bit to realize this was the AOT thread and not the anime/manga thread.

Last edited:
Yes. Kaguya was an alien, belonging to a race of dimension-travelling discount Tyranids.

Think Naruto should have started wrapping things up after the Pain arc?

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
If you’re talking about the Western manga industry, it literally doesn’t fucking matter. It’s a complete afterthought for the Japanese, a drop in the bucket compared to their domestic sales (yet still destroying the American comics industry without even trying).

Shonen is also very different from superhero shit. Shonen is a proper genre, superhero shit is a subgenre that’s somehow grown into the single dominant genre. With Shonen, different works at least have different aesthetics and themings, despite sharing a lot of narrative tropes. Also, while it’s the dominant genre, it doesn’t have a stranglehold in the industry. It’s the only genre that normies know, sure, but look around the manga section of a Barnes & Noble and it’ll have a healthy mix of genres - and that’s just the shit they bothered translating into English.

The American comic book industry is like if 90% of manga were spin-offs and reboots of Naruto and One Piece, and every other manga was also about ninjas and pirates, with a few small magazines serving other niche interests. With American comics, I’d have to go digging pretty deep to find a selection that (1) aren’t capeshit, (2) aren’t woke garbage, and (3) aren’t literally made for 12 year olds. With manga, you take away shonen (which I personally have little interest in anyways) and you’re left with... literally every series that isn’t the typical normie shit everyone knows about.

Also lol what the fuck, took me a bit to realize this was the AOT thread and not the anime/manga thread.
Isekai manga is probably what I would consider the closest manga has to superhero comics. Rather than being for a specific demographic, both isekai and superhero comics is just a specific type of plot element. And while not as dominant as superhero comics, isekai storylines became a massive part of the industry the last decade. But even so I don't think there's anything in manga that has such a stranglehold on the industry as superhero comics has in the west. You've got limitless potential, and all western comic writers make is stories where dudes in multicolored suits punch each other.