Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >tfw literally the entire world wants your race extinct because of some pigs

Who is the father of Historia's child?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stay safe

kiwifarms.net
the rest of the world doesn't seem to give a shit and/or know about the situation between the two,
Actually, they're fully backing Marley on the Holocaust HD Remaster, it's easy to forget but this is only brought up, like, twice I think, but the plan was that they would all unite and burn Paradis to the ground. Reiner and Magath had the bright idea to attack way ahead of schedule with the vast majority of Marley's very small remaining force. We don't know if the rest of the world actually knows about the early attack, but they do plan on helping Marley carry out the Holocaust.

It's easy to forget because the outside world has so little focus but it's not just Marley that wants to exterminate Paradis, every country is overwhelmingly populated by racists that want the Holocaust to happen. Eren spent a good amount of the four year time skip trying to find people that weren't racist and he only found Fez Boy and his family.

• Informative
Reactions: Bunny Tracks

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
kiwifarms.net
Actually, they're fully backing Marley on the Holocaust HD Remaster, it's easy to forget but this is only brought up, like, twice I think, but the plan was that they would all unite and burn Paradis to the ground. Reiner and Magath had the bright idea to attack way ahead of schedule with the vast majority of Marley's very small remaining force. We don't know if the rest of the world actually knows about the early attack, but they do plan on helping Marley carry out the Holocaust.

It's easy to forget because the outside world has so little focus but it's not just Marley that wants to exterminate Paradis, every country is overwhelmingly populated by racists that want the Holocaust to happen. Eren spent a good amount of the four year time skip trying to find people that weren't racist and he only found Fez Boy and his family.
Okay, so now Eren's plan makes more sense instead of just feeling like it came right the fuck out of nowhere.

...you know, the more I learn about how fucked up the outside world is, the more I think of how much better things would be in this story if everyone just decided to chill out behind the Walls after killing all the titans. Seeing the outside world just kind of fucked everything up. Nice job ruining one of your series' original goals, 'Yams.

Seriously though, racism was literally never a part of this story until the KoM showed up. At best, you could've only argued that Mikasa and her mom almost getting sex-trafficked because they were the last Asians was the closest thing that racism ever came to appearing before then. I don't know why Isayama felt the need to include it, and I really don't know why he went so balls-to-the-wall hard with it. Much like adding the Time-Transcendence shit, all it's done is just cause a metric fuckton of headaches, and force Isayama into another corner in regards to ending this whole thing.

Stay safe

kiwifarms.net
Okay, so now Eren's plan makes more sense instead of just feeling like it came right the fuck out of nowhere.

...you know, the more I learn about how fucked up the outside world is, the more I think of how much better things would be in this story if everyone just decided to chill out behind the Walls after killing all the titans. Seeing the outside world just kind of fucked everything up. Nice job ruining one of your series' original goals, 'Yams.

Seriously though, racism was literally never a part of this story until the KoM showed up. At best, you could've only argued that Mikasa and her mom almost getting sex-trafficked because they were the last Asians was the closest thing that racism ever came to appearing before then. I don't know why Isayama felt the need to include it, and I really don't know why he went so balls-to-the-wall hard with it. Much like adding the Time-Transcendence shit, all it's done is just cause a metric fuckton of headaches, and force Isayama into another corner in regards to ending this whole thing.
I think there's enough evidence that Isayama planned Marley from the beginning but all the details changed over time. Remember how Ymir was initially portrayed as this wise leader? When Eren is screaming at Reiner for how he committed genocide on Trump's Chosen People instead of racists like a normal person, Ymir calls Eren childish and tells him to think of the big picture, telling him that Reiner and Bert insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Then we find out she's just an orphan who was a figure head for some cult. She has no experience with how people work, understanding the big picture, or anything. if Isayama had that mind back when Riener and Bert came out of the Nazi closet, he would've had her screaming along with Eren.

Bunny Tracks

kiwifarms.net
I think there's enough evidence that Isayama planned Marley from the beginning but all the details changed over time. Remember how Ymir was initially portrayed as this wise leader? When Eren is screaming at Reiner for how he committed genocide on Trump's Chosen People instead of racists like a normal person, Ymir calls Eren childish and tells him to think of the big picture, telling him that Reiner and Bert insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Then we find out she's just an orphan who was a figure head for some cult. She has no experience with how people work, understanding the big picture, or anything. if Isayama had that mind back when Riener and Bert came out of the Nazi closet, he would've had her screaming along with Eren.
I do agree with this, and it's a fact that's becoming more apparent with each chapter. Isayama really should've planned this better instead of just laying out a bare bones outline because now his story is really paying for it.

If he really planned on the KoM and the racism being things from the beginning, he should've had Reiner, and the others be more standoffish towards the Eldians instead of being so chummy with them. It really would've made the racism reveal make a lot more sense. Also, he should've just restricted the cartoonish level of racism to just the KoM, and not the entire world, because having an entire planet this damn bigoted is beyond ridiculous, and stupid.

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

kiwifarms.net
It finally just hit me that it isn't just the KoM that wants the Eldians to go extinct over a kid letting out some pigs two thousand years ago.

It's the entire world.

The entire fucking world wants to genocide a race over what happened to some fucking pigs two thousand years ago.

What. The Actual. Fuck.

Last edited:

Stay safe

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of mass genocide, the vast majority of Paradis supports Eren, right? The Cringevengers and a few civlians are the only ones against him, right?

So let's say this alliance with Marley goes well and they allow Paradis to live. Obviously it would only be on the grounds that the Yeagerists are dealt with.

But if the vast majority of Paradis' population are Yeagerists, does that mean the Cringevengers are going to genocide the island themselves?

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net

It pains me to remember how fascinated and invested I was with the world and mysteries of the series right at that point in the series. that conversation was a landmark moment that the world was bigger and more complicated than we knew. eren first using the coordinate after that blew my mind, it was an excellent "what the fuck" moment. I couldn't be more interested in what was going on. but then a few years later we find out it's a just a crappy world war 2 allegory that happened because some kid got blamed for some pigs escaping and fell into a tree. and my interest dropped like a lead balloon. thanks isayama.

I do agree with this, and it's a fact that's becoming more apparent with each chapter. Isayama really should've planned this better instead of just laying out a bare bones outline because now his story is really paying for it.
it really did. alongisde that it feels like he made some hard turns about what he wanted too. I think I can narrow them down to two points. one was at some point before the basement reveal, I definitely think he had a different idea for it earlier in the series, even if was only a vague idea. second is right after the attack on liberio. eren changed completely at that point, and not because he was "always like this" like isayama tries to hammer down. his entire personality changes from what we saw in the marley arc, to the guy he is rambling at the mirror. that's around when his editor mentioned isayama wasn't sure what he wanted to do with eren anymore, and I think that's also around when isayama said he was relating to eren more. the general philosophy the series tries to push shifted pretty hard at those points too. he probably thinks these decisions made it "cool" and less similar to other works, but it's just jarring and feels like three different series.

my only solace is that degenerate psycopath floch will probably do something entertaining. but even his whole purpose as a character changed after the timeskip. he spent about five minutes post-timeskip still being truthboy but after that he was just extremist floch and just as dumb as the people he criticized pretimeskip for all the same reasons. still entertaining as hell though. I love that degenerate piece of shit he should get a titan power.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it really did. alongisde that it feels like he made some hard turns about what he wanted too. I think I can narrow them down to two points. one was at some point before the basement reveal, I definitely think he had a different idea for it earlier in the series, even if was only a vague idea. second is right after the attack on liberio. eren changed completely at that point, and not because he was "always like this" like isayama tries to hammer down. his entire personality changes from what we saw in the marley arc, to the guy he is rambling at the mirror. that's around when his editor mentioned isayama wasn't sure what he wanted to do with eren anymore, and I think that's also around when isayama said he was relating to eren more. the general philosophy the series tries to push shifted pretty hard at those points too. he probably thinks these decisions made it "cool" and less similar to other works, but it's just jarring and feels like three different series.

my only solace is that degenerate psycopath floch will probably do something entertaining. but even his whole purpose as a character changed after the timeskip. he spent about five minutes post-timeskip still being truthboy but after that he was just extremist floch and just as dumb as the people he criticized pretimeskip for all the same reasons. still entertaining as hell though. I love that degenerate piece of shit he should get a titan power.
Nah, the "I was born like this" twist and Eren being the bad guy is 100% good in my opinion. It's like the final stage of Eren being a critique of a shounen protagonist who only knows how to fight. Eren is so young (and dying in a few years, remember) and so twisted by the fuckton of tragedies in his life that seeing the world outside Paradis fucked him over, because his black and white thinking doesn't work. He thought only the Titans needed to be killed so that Paradis could be free, and then he sees that the world is a lot more complicated than "kill Titans, win" and he can't handle it. I think the idea is that Eren has been giving the world "chances" every step of the way, from attending the Association to Protect the Subjects of Ymir, to travelling the continent, to the world hopefully standing down after the attack on Liberio, and every failure has just made him more radical. There's lots of details I would change to make his fall a bit more believable, but I think the idea is fine. When Eren says "I was born like this", he's saying he was born absolutely insane. And that's true.

This chapter was mostly filler, but I'm glad it addressed all the shitty things everyone in the group had done. I'm hoping we get a chapter on Eren's thoughts at some point. This was a good exchange, though:
aot1.PNG

aot2.PNG

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Nah, the "I was born like this" twist and Eren being the bad guy is 100% good in my opinion. It's like the final stage of Eren being a critique of a shounen protagonist who only knows how to fight. Eren is so young (and dying in a few years, remember) and so twisted by the fuckton of tragedies in his life that seeing the world outside Paradis fucked him over, because his black and white thinking doesn't work. He thought only the Titans needed to be killed so that Paradis could be free, and then he sees that the world is a lot more complicated than "kill Titans, win" and he can't handle it. I think the idea is that Eren has been giving the world "chances" every step of the way, from attending the Association to Protect the Subjects of Ymir, to travelling the continent, to the world hopefully standing down after the attack on Liberio, and every failure has just made him more radical. There's lots of details I would change to make his fall a bit more believable, but I think the idea is fine. When Eren says "I was born like this", he's saying he was born absolutely insane. And that's true.
Those are all good points and your post does let me accept it a little more, but it still feels disjointed. I guess it's just as @Bunny Tracks said, the skeleton is there but it needed to be executed better. and he certainly can sometimes. for all I've said, I still genuinely liked the entire marley arc while it was going, even though my fascination with the world itself had dropped by that point. the attack on liberio was probably my favorite action arc in the whole series.

This chapter was mostly filler, but I'm glad it addressed all the shitty things everyone in the group had done. I'm hoping we get a chapter on Eren's thoughts at some point. This was a good exchange, though:
View attachment 1174676
View attachment 1174677
yeah I liked that exchange too, it would be nice to see jean's reaction to annie next chapter. and maybe they could address how sadistic she was when she was chasing eren initially, smiling and spinning people till their insides turn to jelly. the answer is probably her coping the same way zeke did, but I'd like to see them all talk about it.

I think an Eren POV chapter could potentially turn the whole thing around for me, I wanted to actually see him become this and follow his journey, not just have him do it mostly offscreen and then get a few short flashbacks later. without the inbetween it feels like different people rather than a proper character arc.

• Agree
Reactions: Bunny Tracks

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think an Eren POV chapter could potentially turn the whole thing around for me, I wanted to actually see him become this and follow his journey, not just have him do it mostly offscreen and then get a few short flashbacks later. without the inbetween it feels like different people rather than a proper character arc.
I agree. I think the intention was to have Eren become as alien to us as he was to his friends, but now that the suspense of what he's going to do has ended, we really need a full chapter, or even two, of Eren's thoughts over the course of these arcs.

• Agree
Reactions: Stay safe

Bunny Tracks

kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this in a post way back, but Eren turning into the bad guy was a completely foreseeable path, and anyone who tries to say otherwise really hasn't been following the series.

I know I harp on this a lot, but Eren willingly, and brutally killing two grown men at the age of eight is a huge deal, and now with everything else going on, I'm actually starting to think that it was foreshadowing. Yes, I know the two men were murderous sex-traffickers, but the point still stands. This was an eight year old boy, and yes, I know it's an anime, but really think about this for a minute.

An eight year old boy, with no known prior trauma, or negative influences before hand (I'll get to the PATHs thing in a second) willingly, calculatingly, and savagely stabbed two grown to death all whilst screaming bloody murder about how "they were a disease" and "had to die".

That is not normal, and even if you take into account that future!Eren used the PATHs system to "influence" his younger self to do it, that still doesn't account for how disturbingly eager, and willing kid!Eren was to kill someone.

I mean, fucking look at 'im.

That, in addition to being unintentionally really funny due to Bryce Papenbrooke's voice cracking during some of the screams, the fact that Eren stabs one of them with a fucking broom, and the whole scenario being just ridiculous, is horrifying. I'm mean, I used to think it was just to be edgy, and part of me still thinks it is, but if I had to give Isayama the benefit of the doubt, I think this was foreshadowing to show just how utterly fucked up Eren was, and how much worse he'd become.

This scene is why I also hate when the fandom babies, and coddles Eren. He's not innocent, he doesn't need to be protected, (at least not in the way the fandom thinks), he's not an angel, he's literally psychotic. He's literally always been like this. He's always been a murderous batshit insane lunatic with an outrageous bloodlust.

To get back to the point, I think this scene definitively proves that the possibility of Eren turning out like this was always on the table. Crazy, murderous child becomes crazy genocidal adult. Fucking hell, kid!Eren even spouts the same black-and-white bullshit adult!Eren does, albeit in a much more manic, and unhinged way. It makes sense.

...what doesn't make sense is how what basically amounts to time travel, and Nazis had to be involved for him to get to this point. That's why, in addition to a fuck ton of other factors, I'm mad about how things have turned out. Isayama had a really unique spin on the the "He Who Fights Monsters" trope, and he managed to fuck it up in ways I didn't even think was possible.

tl;dr;-kid!Eren's disturbing, hilarious, insane, and over-the-top murder of two grown men might've actually been foreshadowing for his current genocidal behavior, and Isayama could've actually had a really cool, and unique rendition of the "He Who Fights Monsters" trope if he hadn't been such a fucking sped.

Last edited:

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I really enjoyed the recent chapter, it felt like everyone is just teaming up with each other out of necessity rather than realizing the truth and singing kumbaya. This is pretty good and the exchange between Jean & Reiner was a highlight of the chapter definitely. It gave some emotional progression and it's good that they still don't forgive each other.

Though it feels the talk about how "mass slaughter is wrong" makes sense but it felt a bit hamfisted but that's a minor complaint.

Though I sense I'll probably laugh next chapter given it's going to have Floch.

But one thing I hope Iseyama does is give a POV chapter from Eren's perspective especially since he is the villain now and a clearly disturbed person as @Bunny Tracks pointed out with how he acted like a psychopath since he was 8 years old.

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this in a post way back, but Eren's turning into the bad guy was a completely foreseeable path, and anyone who tries to say otherwise really hasn't been following the series.

I know I harp on this a lot, but Eren willingly, and brutally killing two grown men at the age of eight is a huge deal, and now with everything else going on, I'm actually starting to think that it was foreshadowing. Yes, I know the two men were murderous sex-traffickers, but the point still stands. This was an eight year old boy, and yes, I know it's an anime, but really think about this for a minute.

An eight year old boy, with no known prior trauma, or negative influences before hand (I'll get to the PATHs thing in a second) willingly, calculatingly, and savagely stabbed two grown to death all whilst screaming bloody murder about how "they were a disease" and "had to die".

That is not normal, and even if you take into account that future!Eren used the PATHs system to "influence" his younger self to do it, that still doesn't account for how disturbingly eager, and willing kid!Eren was to kill someone.

I mean, fucking look at 'im.

That, in addition to being unintentionally really funny due to Bryce Papenbrooke's voice cracking during some of the screams, and the whole scenario being just ridiculous, is horrifying. I'm mean, I used to think it was just to be edgy, and part of me still thinks it is, but if I had to give Isayama the benefit of the doubt, I think this was foreshadowing to show just how utterly fucked up Eren was, and how much worse he'd become.

This scene is why I hate when the fandom babies, and coddles Eren. He's not innocent, he doesn't need to be protected, (at least not in the way the fandom thinks), he's not an angel, he's literally psychotic. He's literally always been like this. He's always been a murderous batshit insane lunatic with an outrageous bloodlust.

To get back to the point, I think this scene definitively proves that the possibility of Eren turning out like this was always on the able. Crazy, murderous child becomes crazy genocidal adult. Fucking hell, kid!Eren even spouts the same black-and-white bullshit adult!Eren does, albeit in a much more manic, and unhinged way. It makes sense.

...what doesn't make sense is how what basically amounts to time travel, and Nazis had to fit into this for this ending to happen. That's why, in addition to a fuck ton of other factors, I'm mad about how things have turned out. Isayama had a really unique spin on the the "He Who Fights Monsters" trope, and he managed to fuck it up in ways I didn't even think was possible.

tl;dr;-kid!Eren's disturbing, hilarious, insane, and over-the-top murder of two grown men might've actually been foreshadowing for his current genocidal behavior, and Isayama could've actually had a really cool, and unique rendition of the "He Who Fights Monsters" trope if he hadn't been such a fucking sped.
If this was meant to be foreshadowing, it's on Prequel Trilogy levels of sucking at it.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If this was meant to be foreshadowing, it's on Prequel Trilogy levels of sucking at it.
Really? I agree with Bunny Tracks, "Eren turning into a villain" was the most hammered foreshadowing of the series. At the very least, Eren's behavior after the basement reveal made it obvious.

Bunny Tracks

kiwifarms.net
I disagree, because if it is actual foreshadowing it basically becomes like Armin's English dub scream: Utterly hilarious, and awesome at the exact same time.

I'd honestly be really impressed.

Tags
None