Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >tfw literally the entire world wants your race extinct because of some pigs

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
This is a real thing? I can't tell if its wonderful or horrible.
Yeah every volume has a joke preview for the next one, but eventually the joke previews went into an american high school story arc.

0086-045.jpg 0090-044.jpg 0094-045.jpg 0098-046.jpg 0102-046.jpg 0106-046.jpg 0110-046.jpg 0114-045.jpg 0114-046.jpg 0118-046.jpg 0118-047.jpg 0122-039.jpg

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My new headcanon is he's been trying to push a comedy manga and the publisher told him "no, make more Attack on Titan", so he decided to tank AoT just to spite them.
I've been saying something similar this entire time, and now that I've been made aware of this other stuff, I think I can explain the actual reason behind the pigs.

Isayama wanted that to be the explanation for something in the comedy series he wanted to make, but since his publishers told him no, he made it the explanation for why literally anything, and everything has happened in AoT.

• Informative
Reactions: carltondanks

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My new headcanon is he's been trying to push a comedy manga and the publisher told him "no, make more Attack on Titan", so he decided to tank AoT just to spite them.

Honestly, it wouldn't be surprising. A LOT of manga authors purposefully tank their series when publishers intervene. A notable example is Food Wars. There was apparently publisher interference, so he purposefully made a dude with super powers, brainwashing, this weird incest plot and a completely, utterly trash ending hated by all.

Another instance of interference was High School DxD. The reason why the MC never gets laid even though everyone wants to fuck him is because the publisher basically vetoed any fucking and kept it as pure Ecchi. He didn't drive the series into the ground, but since there was no sexy times, he basically ditches the ecchi stuff later on and it basically becomes another shonen title. It was kind of absurd.

So it DOES make sense that if Isayama wanted to do a different manga, but his publisher was adamant about AoT, he just went 'fuck you' and tanked it out of spite, since he knew it would sell.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it wouldn't be surprising. A LOT of manga authors purposefully tank their series when publishers intervene. A notable example is Food Wars. There was apparently publisher interference, so he purposefully made a dude with super powers, brainwashing, this weird incest plot and a completely, utterly trash ending hated by all.

Another instance of interference was High School DxD. The reason why the MC never gets laid even though everyone wants to fuck him is because the publisher basically vetoed any fucking and kept it as pure Ecchi. He didn't drive the series into the ground, but since there was no sexy times, he basically ditches the ecchi stuff later on and it basically becomes another shonen title. It was kind of absurd.

So it DOES make sense that if Isayama wanted to do a different manga, but his publisher was adamant about AoT, he just went 'fuck you' and tanked it out of spite, since he knew it would sell.
That also makes sense since Iseyama wanted to end AOT years ago originally but he changed his plans once it became really popular, his original plans was to really make it have a bleak ending, but the popularity caused him to change his plans.

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
Its no wonder the Scouts kept fucking up, they keep sacrificing all their commanders. You've got ground troops. Yeah, they might not be super skilled. Just distract the fuckers. And like no one steps in and goes, "Hange, we really need you. You're the most knowledgeable about the titans. We can't lose you. We understand why, but you are our best chance of winning." Nope. They just give her a thumbs up and go "GOOD LUCK OUT THERE, HOPE YOU DON'T GET YOUR FACE BURNED OFF AND DIE" *Gets face burned off and dies*

It also made no sense from a "buying more time" standpoint. She kills, what, 3 of the giant muscle mannequins out of an army of thousands? Moving faster than horses at that. How did that buy them even a second of time, let alone a whole hour?

Permuto

kiwifarms.net
It makes perfect sense, everyone of Eren's friends/companions needs to die/be sacrificed in order to get what he wants cause it's just a rip off of the Eclipse from Berserk, half the plot of this shit is directly ripped from it, why not just go full plagiarism.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It makes perfect sense, everyone of Eren's friends/companions needs to die/be sacrificed in order to get what he wants cause it's just a rip off of the Eclipse from Berserk, half the plot of this shit is directly ripped from it, why not just go full plagiarism.
So what, Eren is gonna rape Armin while Mikasa gets held down by Titans and she later becomes a one-eyed Titan killer with a mega sword?

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
Who wants to beat the ending has everyone die, but then we jump forward to the distant, happy, future and everyone is reincarnated there? It's the dumbest thing I could come up with.
Nobody ever watched the anime Gall Force: Eternal Story released back in 1986 as it done something very similar with its ending albeit with the caveat did the people really incarnate or just their DNA sequences reappear.

• Informative
Reactions: carltondanks

Trombonista

tfw your Jojo OC is animated by Madhouse
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how Yuki Kaji will feel about all this.

Superman93

Give me 1000 dollars.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A much more notable instance of this happening is Bleach. Tite Kubo felt like he was loosing creative control to his editor so he told him to fuck off and gave them a shitty final ark to get canceled.

Bender

The greatest robot fighter of all time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how Yuki Kaji will feel about all this.
I doubt he'd give a shit, he's just being paid to voice lines and pretend to be invested in the character and the story, not to actually be invested in the character or the story.

A much more notable instance of this happening is Bleach. Tite Kubo felt like he was loosing creative control to his editor so he told him to fuck off and gave them a shitty final ark to get canceled.
Wasn't executive meddling the reason that arc with the Visored (IIRC) went on for ages? The fans thought the villains were cool so the publishers wouldn't let the mangaka actually kill them off, thus the entire plot progression kind of ground to a halt?

Last edited:

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
What is it with publishers trying to dig for gold in the same series forever? This isn't just a manga thing, it's like every media publisher just keeps going with the same thing forever. I mean honestly, who the hell watches the simpsons now a days? Almost every one of these "if i keep digging this hole, I'll eventually find gold again" always end up going to shit and losing money in the process rather than just ending it and going onto the next ore deposit.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
What is it with publishers trying to dig for gold in the same series forever? This isn't just a manga thing, it's like every media publisher just keeps going with the same thing forever. I mean honestly, who the hell watches the simpsons now a days? Almost every one of these "if i keep digging this hole, I'll eventually find gold again" always end up going to shit and losing money in the process rather than just ending it and going onto the next ore deposit.
Simple it’s banking on brand recognition and nostalgia while making money at a low risk.