Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >tfw literally the entire world wants your race extinct because of some pigs

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slimy Time

Fisting gone wrong
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it wouldn't be surprising. A LOT of manga authors purposefully tank their series when publishers intervene. A notable example is Food Wars. There was apparently publisher interference, so he purposefully made a dude with super powers, brainwashing, this weird incest plot and a completely, utterly trash ending hated by all.

Another instance of interference was High School DxD. The reason why the MC never gets laid even though everyone wants to fuck him is because the publisher basically vetoed any fucking and kept it as pure Ecchi. He didn't drive the series into the ground, but since there was no sexy times, he basically ditches the ecchi stuff later on and it basically becomes another shonen title. It was kind of absurd.

So it DOES make sense that if Isayama wanted to do a different manga, but his publisher was adamant about AoT, he just went 'fuck you' and tanked it out of spite, since he knew it would sell.
Can't be the only one who is tired of a lot of manga having very unsatisfying endings after long runs. Food Wars ending was fucking ridiculous. Turned it into a pseudo romance plot, but nothing happened. That's alright, he will release a monthly 3 part epilogue series...which confirms the weird incest plot, and does nothing with the romance plot at all. Didn't resolve shit.

Bleach also had an unsatisfying ending. Used to be one of the "Big 3 of Shounen", ends with two deus ex machinas in order to defeat this OP villain. One to repair Ichigo's Bankai, another to give Yhwach a moment of weakness from this "tainted arrow" that we never heard of before. Ended up having to write a few light novels to clear up some details, which if you never followed up on, would leave the state of the world a complete mess.

Worst one I saw was "Gal Clean", one of these gal mangas which got the axe early. Author then turned it from a happy go fun loving manga to a literal rape plot with the words "the cleaning never ends" as a "fuck you" ending to the editor.

As for Attack on Titan. I don't even know where this is going or how this is going to end. This shit lost me some time ago, and I'm not looking forward to the ending of this.

Superman93

Give me 1000 dollars.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I doubt he'd give a shit, he's just being paid to voice lines and pretend to be invested in the character and the story, not to actually be invested in the character or the story.

Wasn't executive meddling the reason that arc with the Visored (IIRC) went on for ages? The fans thought the villains were cool so the publishers wouldn't let the mangaka actually kill them off, thus the entire plot progression kind of ground to a halt?
I don't know about the exec's but he I know for certain he kept getting into disputes with his editor about the direction he wanted to take it. Plus tite wasn't really good story teller. He just like drawing cool shit.
What is it with publishers trying to dig for gold in the same series forever? This isn't just a manga thing, it's like every media publisher just keeps going with the same thing forever. I mean honestly, who the hell watches the simpsons now a days? Almost every one of these "if i keep digging this hole, I'll eventually find gold again" always end up going to shit and losing money in the process rather than just ending it and going onto the next ore deposit.
1599673088886.png

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Worst one I saw was "Gal Clean", one of these gal mangas which got the axe early. Author then turned it from a happy go fun loving manga to a literal rape plot with the words "the cleaning never ends" as a "fuck you" ending to the editor.
It wasn't even a full arc either, iirc the second to last chapter takes a sudden heel turn from happy slice of life into the female lead suddenly getting raped offscreen. the last words of that particular chapter (not the last chapter) were "someone make me clean again".

Then the last chapter is the MC chasing the rapists off with a broom or something and everything is somehow fine. I've never seen an author burn the bridge with their publisher so suddenly and thoroughly. I think a lot of badly ended manga was simply rushed due to editor/publisher pressure, or they had no time to come up with good stories during their week to week constant drawing schedule, and only came up with the first half of the series before they started. But this guy? This guy knew exactly what he was doing. Dude was probably laughing like a maniac after handing that chapter in knowing they HAD to publish it and the next one even if he's cancelled. "Get rid of MY dumb cleaning manga will you?"

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't be the only one who is tired of a lot of manga having very unsatisfying endings after long runs. Food Wars ending was fucking ridiculous. Turned it into a pseudo romance plot, but nothing happened. That's alright, he will release a monthly 3 part epilogue series...which confirms the weird incest plot, and does nothing with the romance plot at all. Didn't resolve shit.

Bleach also had an unsatisfying ending. Used to be one of the "Big 3 of Shounen", ends with two deus ex machinas in order to defeat this OP villain. One to repair Ichigo's Bankai, another to give Yhwach a moment of weakness from this "tainted arrow" that we never heard of before. Ended up having to write a few light novels to clear up some details, which if you never followed up on, would leave the state of the world a complete mess.

As for Attack on Titan. I don't even know where this is going or how this is going to end. This shit lost me some time ago, and I'm not looking forward to the ending of this.

Oh, I for one am really, REALLY fucking tired of it. Food Wars was pure, PURE spite. I think the editors wanted the main male MC and the main female MC to fall for each other (or not fall, I can't remember) and he just went "YOU KNOW WHAT, FUCK YOU. INCEST. MC LOSES. NOTHING IS RESOLVED. COOK WITH MAGIC POWERS. EAT SHIT." I mean, the anime should have just blatantly pretended that shit just never fucking happened because it comes out of left field after being a manga about highly skilled cooks competing to some Shonen super-power impossible to beat bullshit with brainwashing and incest. It was fucking terrible.

I heard Bleach was a mess, but that's one of those series that might eventually get re-worked someday. It wasn't author spite. A lot of shonen just has too much power creep and you kind of have to figure out how to stop that.

Attack on Titan, I'm not sure. It feels like Isayama didn't know really where he wanted to go and maybe wanted to just have everyone die at the basement but the publisher said 'keep going' and he just put all these ideas he wanted to do for other mangas in it, and then the anime exploded and he could NOT stop. So he just basically forgot what the fuck was happening and literally wrote filler for years until he just couldn't put it off any longer so he had to do something. Since he didn't plan anything, the easiest way was to just make Eren murder everyone instead of having something complicated or nuanced.

It wasn't even a full arc either, iirc the second to last chapter takes a sudden heel turn from happy slice of life into the female lead suddenly getting raped offscreen. the last words of that particular chapter (not the last chapter) were "someone make me clean again".

Then the last chapter is the MC chasing the rapists off with a broom or something and everything is somehow fine. I've never seen an author burn the bridge with their publisher so suddenly and thoroughly. I think a lot of badly ended manga was simply rushed due to editor/publisher pressure, or they had no time to come up with good stories during their week to week constant drawing schedule, and only came up with the first half of the series before they started. But this guy? This guy knew exactly what he was doing. Dude was probably laughing like a maniac after handing that chapter in knowing they HAD to publish it and the next one even if he's cancelled. "Get rid of MY dumb cleaning manga will you?"

A lot of it is poor planning, but there is this cultural thing with Manga artists to bring their fucking books crashing into the ground if editors or publishers get too handsy. Some obviously can't take it and it fucks them up, or like High School DxD just changed its genre (LN wise) because the publishers refused the protagonist to fuck literally everyone, including the main girl he's in love with, so the entire series went from Light Echhi Romance to Shonen. The author didn't want to crash and burn it, so he just made it so it was never an issue again.

Yeah, that's fucking amazing. "Welp, if I can't make anymore money, I'll make a name for myself."

ThatOneLurker

I just keep moving forward.
kiwifarms.net
Interesting. I'll throw my two cents in. So most of you guys here seem to think Attack on Titan has been shit as of late?

Aside from Not-Eren Sue I literally have no issue with the story right now. I like where it's going. Maybe it's just me, but I like what's going on right now. I'm optimistic. I think Eren's POV on things was expected. For people saying it's out-of-character, I disagree and I think Eren snapping and losing his mind is really the best way to end the show. At this point it doesn't matter who's right or wrong. It doesn't matter if Eren wins or loses. It doesn't matter if they all live or die. Eren made his decision to end it all and he's going to do it or die trying. It can't be stopped any longer.

It's just like Bert said, I feel like I can accept whatever happens.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Interesting. I'll throw my two cents in. So most of you guys here seem to think Attack on Titan has been shit as of late?

Aside from Not-Eren Sue I literally have no issue with the story right now. I like where it's going. Maybe it's just me, but I like what's going on right now. I'm optimistic. I think Eren's POV on things was expected. For people saying it's out-of-character, I disagree and I think Eren snapping and losing his mind is really the best way to end the show. At this point it doesn't matter who's right or wrong. It doesn't matter if Eren wins or loses. It doesn't matter if they all live or die. Eren made his decision to end it all and he's going to do it or die trying. It can't be stopped any longer.

At this point I'm honestly starting to like Eren a lot more, and remembering why I liked him in the first place. I think all I really wanted was some POV chapters, and we sort of got that. I think his character development makes sense if shown linearly, but in the manga we got all these randomly ordered awkwardly paced glimpses into Eren's thought processes after the basement and he felt like several different people until literally just the last few chapters. Now he feels less like he lost his mind suddenly, and more like he just gradually gave up on any other options besides the one he took, though I still don't see how the partial rumbling wasn't the best option. He was gonna destroy that aircraft research base anyways what was the worry?

Maybe there'll be a reason for that, since it seems Isayama's strategy is to leave us as confused as the characters about Eren. Which I get, but it's not actually fun to read in the moment, at least for me, especially when I actually liked Eren's journey till that point. His arc was like reading half a story and the other half is thrown at you with the pages torn out in random order. I wonder if I'll change my opinion rereading it all at once right before it's over. Waiting years, and waiting hours for answers makes for a very different experience. Personally I would have preferred a story that was still about Eren and told his story linearly. I wanted to experience the second half of his story with him, but if we followed his POV like before, half the other characters would become irrelevant. Back in the first half of the series I remember everybody I knew disliking Eren so maybe that would have annoyed people even more. I love angry little shits like him though that would have been my jam.

I don't think Isayama knew quite what to do with Eren so he he made him more mysterious, his editor mentioned he didn't know what to do with him anymore a while back, and I forget if it was him or his editor saying this, but it was also mentioned around the same time that Isayama was starting to relate to Eren more, and that he previously saw him merely the protagonist that the story shuttles through events. I think that might have influenced the seemingly erratic nature of his character. Eren destroying the world was probably always a plotpoint considering that line they added to the first season, but how he got there might have been up in the air or constantly changing up until it was finally time, or even during. But with almost everything said and done I can at least say I like Eren again, even if I think his arc was really clumsily handled. But that could change for better or worse depending on how this ends, and what Eren's endgame is. I don't care if he's a bad person or if he fails, but it's gotta be interesting. I think it will be.

As a whole I actually don't think the series is god awful either, it's just never been as good as it was pre-basement or after the assault on liberio. I really enjoyed the Marley arc even if I was expecting something more outside the walls than just a world war 2 analogy. If I were to give it a letter score, I'd say it was a 9.5 out of 10 initially, an 8 out of 10 after the basement, and when the returned from the Marley arc it started wavering between 6 and 8. But I've enjoyed this enough that if the ending is spectacular enough, whether it makes sense or not, I'll still be able to say I liked the series as a whole. Though after it's done I'd like to see his original plans for the series when it was gonna be shorter and end on a more hopeless note. That Mist ending he mentioned, Jean playing Floch's role, and whatever else he might have had planned sound fascinating.

Also part of the reason this thread is negative is because the entire rest of the internet sucks Isayama's dick relentlessly or just hates the series because it's popular. People actually criticize shit here, it's so weird.

Superman93

Give me 1000 dollars.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

To be honest the quality is just meh. The thing that's really ticking me off is how obvious they are dragging these last chapters out for no reason. I thought you were supposed to find filler in the Anime not the fucking manga.

ThatOneLurker

kiwifarms.net
At this point I'm honestly starting to like Eren a lot more, and remembering why I liked him in the first place. I think all I really wanted was some POV chapters, and we sort of got that. I think his character development makes sense if shown linearly, but in the manga we got all these randomly ordered awkwardly paced glimpses into Eren's thought processes after the basement and he felt like several different people until literally just the last few chapters. Now he feels less like he lost his mind suddenly, and more like he just gradually gave up on any other options besides the one he took, though I still don't see how the partial rumbling wasn't the best option. He was gonna destroy that aircraft research base anyways what was the worry?

Maybe there'll be a reason for that, since it seems Isayama's strategy is to leave us as confused as the characters about Eren. Which I get, but it's not actually fun to read in the moment, at least for me, especially when I actually liked Eren's journey till that point. His arc was like reading half a story and the other half is thrown at you with the pages torn out in random order. I wonder if I'll change my opinion rereading it all at once right before it's over. Waiting years, and waiting hours for answers makes for a very different experience. Personally I would have preferred a story that was still about Eren and told his story linearly. I wanted to experience the second half of his story with him, but if we followed his POV like before, half the other characters would become irrelevant. Back in the first half of the series I remember everybody I knew disliking Eren so maybe that would have annoyed people even more. I love angry little shits like him though that would have been my jam.

I don't think Isayama knew quite what to do with Eren so he he made him more mysterious, his editor mentioned he didn't know what to do with him anymore a while back, and I forget if it was him or his editor saying this, but it was also mentioned around the same time that Isayama was starting to relate to Eren more, and that he previously saw him merely the protagonist that the story shuttles through events. I think that might have influenced the seemingly erratic nature of his character. Eren destroying the world was probably always a plotpoint considering that line they added to the first season, but how he got there might have been up in the air or constantly changing up until it was finally time, or even during. But with almost everything said and done I can at least say I like Eren again, even if I think his arc was really clumsily handled. But that could change for better or worse depending on how this ends, and what Eren's endgame is. I don't care if he's a bad person or if he fails, but it's gotta be interesting. I think it will be.

As a whole I actually don't think the series is god awful either, it's just never been as good as it was pre-basement or after the assault on liberio. I really enjoyed the Marley arc even if I was expecting something more outside the walls than just a world war 2 analogy. If I were to give it a letter score, I'd say it was a 9.5 out of 10 initially, an 8 out of 10 after the basement, and when the returned from the Marley arc it started wavering between 6 and 8. But I've enjoyed this enough that if the ending is spectacular enough, whether it makes sense or not, I'll still be able to say I liked the series as a whole. Though after it's done I'd like to see his original plans for the series when it was gonna be shorter and end on a more hopeless note. That Mist ending he mentioned, Jean playing Floch's role, and whatever else he might have had planned sound fascinating.

Also part of the reason this thread is negative is because the entire rest of the internet sucks Isayama's dick relentlessly or just hates the series because it's popular. People actually criticize shit here, it's so weird.

I agree with a lot of this. At this point everything is wrapping up and so far I am satisfied. I think the ending will be fine. Not good, not terrible. I'm also interested in Isayama's super dark ending that was originally planned. Still, killing everyone off might have been overkill. It's good to keep someone alive so the story doesn't feel like a waste of time.

To be honest the quality is just meh. The thing that's really ticking me off is how obvious they are dragging these last chapters out for no reason. I thought you were supposed to find filler in the Anime not the fucking manga.

I agree. I think the issue comes down to the execs wanting more material. They don't want the cash cow to die, so the inevitable ending we should have seen five chapters ago just keeps getting dragged out. We should have gone straight on the plane after everyone teamed up. Next chapter is them catching up with Eren, and we see rumbling and audio prophecy is fulfilled.

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net

It's certainly not the worst thing every conceived, but there were quite a few problems with the second half of the series. The shift from variant zombie film to political intrigue did not feel smooth or natural, they keep on introducing new characters to the point that it's difficult to keep up with all of them, and the series really wants you to like and sympathize with multiple characters and factions that come off as decidedly unsympathetic (I get that the titanfolk were responsible for bad things at certain points hundreds of years ago in universe, but it's hard to sympathize with the people keeping them in literal concentration camps). Of course, the ending is still up in the air since we don't quite know how it's going to end, but if it's as cynical an ending as it appears it's going to feel less than true to the original theme that made the series enjoyable in the first half, namely that no matter how heavy your losses and how painful the process, you can bring about change for the better with enough hard work and determination. As it stands, it looks like it's going to be a kill 'em all, possibly with some bullshit ragnarok-esque "new world" coming about immediately thereafter.

That being said, there are things I still enjoy about it. The visceral element is consistently good, with well-executed bio-horror that reminds me a lot of Evangelion. Even if I don't like what happens, I still generally find myself reasonably interested in what happens next, so there is still a competently maintained element of suspense and tension.

The ending seems to be going with the theme that Eren has been trapped in a series of walls all his life and feels his freedom has been denied to him all his life, with him ultimately willing to destroy literally everything to obtain his freedom. Given the mass quarantines that have marked this entire year, I can't help but find that at least a little bit resonant; I have to wonder if those panels showing him soaring above the clouds were not entirely planned in advance.

In the end, it's a mixed bag that while not without its strengths ultimately struggles over the weight of its own ambition. I generally agree with the sentiment that it was originally intended to end much, much earlier. Really, that would have worked out much better. They could have then released a series of spin-offs focusing on the different groups and factions without bloating the main cast and storyline as much as they did.

The Bovinian Derivative

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A LOT of manga authors purposefully tank their series when publishers intervene.

How hard publishers have to fuck with artists where they go "fuck this, I am going to crash my brainchild franchise with no survivors?"

And It's wierd that after the publisher demands that the author has to continute they happily watch as the mangaka goes scorched earth of the franchise without lifting a finger.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How hard publishers have to fuck with artists where they go "fuck this, I am going to crash my brainchild franchise with no survivors?"

And It's weird that after the publisher demands that the author has to continue they happily watch as the mangaka goes scorched earth of the franchise without lifting a finger.
It's Japan, so I would assume very, very hard.

The country's already got an infamously soul-crushing work environment, so I can only imagine how brutal the manga industry is. If this is all just Isayama lashing out at his publishers for forcing him to continue his series, well, I can't really blame him.

If it's not, well, that's even worse.

As for them not stepping in, I'd say Eren's sudden extreme remorse is a definite sign of them finally doing so. Yes, Eren was seen to be slightly remorseful in that one panel, but we can't forget that he literally got aroused by the thought of global genocide in one of the chapters beforehand. The extreme shifts in his character, especially recently, suggest to me that the higher-ups have finally decided to try and get this thing back on course, despite it being far, far too late.

Last edited:

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
It's Japan, so I would assume very, very hard.

The country's already got an infamously soul-crushing work environment, so I can only imagine how brutal the manga industry is. If this is all just Isayama lashing out at his publishers for forcing him to continue his series, well, I can't really blame him.

Well mangaka are typically forced to make a chapter of their manga each week, and Iseyama has to do it each month which I can imagine is much more strenuous especially given Iseyama can't really take a hiatus or pace himself given the expectations of it ending this year.

Though it makes me wonder if Iseyama tries to salvage the anime more than the manga cause I read the Uprising Arc recently and it was a boring drag that disengaged me with it's politics while the anime adaptation was more fast paced and action packed with me remembering how fans of the manga hated the anime version of the Uprising Arc because Iseyama was pulling a George Lucas and making it more fast paced/focused on action compared to the manga due to Iseyama hating the Uprising Arc in the manga.

Though I actually do wonder if Iseyama plans on doing a comedy/horror manga in the future after AOT cause I noticed some of the best parts of AOT are actually the more comedic scenes as I remembered those scenes were much more entertaining than most of them and the way the horror is presented in AOT is actually worthwhile so Iseyama does have talent but he's not channeling it in the right place or at least he's restrained. I'd also say he does good action but honestly I think that's more of the anime at work compared to the manga since the animators put their A-Game in the action scenes.

Draza

Nothing changes, everything just stays the same.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well mangaka are typically forced to make a chapter of their manga each week, and Iseyama has to do it each month which I can imagine is much more strenuous especially given Iseyama can't really take a hiatus or pace himself given the expectations of it ending this year.

Though it makes me wonder if Iseyama tries to salvage the anime more than the manga cause I read the Uprising Arc recently and it was a boring drag that disengaged me with it's politics while the anime adaptation was more fast paced and action packed with me remembering how fans of the manga hated the anime version of the Uprising Arc because Iseyama was pulling a George Lucas and making it more fast paced/focused on action compared to the manga due to Iseyama hating the Uprising Arc in the manga.

Though I actually do wonder if Iseyama plans on doing a comedy/horror manga in the future after AOT cause I noticed some of the best parts of AOT are actually the more comedic scenes as I remembered those scenes were much more entertaining than most of them and the way the horror is presented in AOT is actually worthwhile so Iseyama does have talent but he's not channeling it in the right place or at least he's restrained. I'd also say he does good action but honestly I think that's more of the anime at work compared to the manga since the animators put their A-Game in the action scenes.
Especially in the Uprising Arc with Levi v. Kenny

• Agree
Reactions: Bunny Tracks

Bender

The greatest robot fighter of all time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That is still the best fight in the entire series, and I'd argue one of the best fights in all of anime.
I looked it up on YouTube and yeah, it's a great fight, but it's got nothing on Tanjiro vs Rui in Demon Slayer, IMO.

Edit: I was going through the wiki trying to figure everything out (and gave up) and I came across this image. I can't be the only one that's reminded of @Null's avatar when I look at this titan, right?

1599736181339.png

Last edited:

ThatOneLurker

kiwifarms.net
It's certainly not the worst thing every conceived, but there were quite a few problems with the second half of the series. The shift from variant zombie film to political intrigue did not feel smooth or natural, they keep on introducing new characters to the point that it's difficult to keep up with all of them, and the series really wants you to like and sympathize with multiple characters and factions that come off as decidedly unsympathetic (I get that the titanfolk were responsible for bad things at certain points hundreds of years ago in universe, but it's hard to sympathize with the people keeping them in literal concentration camps). Of course, the ending is still up in the air since we don't quite know how it's going to end, but if it's as cynical an ending as it appears it's going to feel less than true to the original theme that made the series enjoyable in the first half, namely that no matter how heavy your losses and how painful the process, you can bring about change for the better with enough hard work and determination. As it stands, it looks like it's going to be a kill 'em all, possibly with some bullshit ragnarok-esque "new world" coming about immediately thereafter.

That being said, there are things I still enjoy about it. The visceral element is consistently good, with well-executed bio-horror that reminds me a lot of Evangelion. Even if I don't like what happens, I still generally find myself reasonably interested in what happens next, so there is still a competently maintained element of suspense and tension.

The ending seems to be going with the theme that Eren has been trapped in a series of walls all his life and feels his freedom has been denied to him all his life, with him ultimately willing to destroy literally everything to obtain his freedom. Given the mass quarantines that have marked this entire year, I can't help but find that at least a little bit resonant; I have to wonder if those panels showing him soaring above the clouds were not entirely planned in advance.

In the end, it's a mixed bag that while not without its strengths ultimately struggles over the weight of its own ambition. I generally agree with the sentiment that it was originally intended to end much, much earlier. Really, that would have worked out much better. They could have then released a series of spin-offs focusing on the different groups and factions without bloating the main cast and storyline as much as they did.

I disagree. Mainly with the core themes of what this series is about. The series, to me at least, has always been about freedom and it's price. What are you willing to give up to be free? The series constantly throws shit at all of the characters with the single goal to break their resolve and torture them. But are any of them fighting for anything meaningful? I can count on one hand the number of people who give a damn about humanity as a whole. Most of these characters are not fighting to achieve anything close to positive change—they all have very personal goals that just so happen to coincide with doing heroic shit. You can't really do the things if you want if you're dead, after all.

It's just like Kenny said. Everyone is a slave to something. Everyone. For Eren, he's enslaved to the idea of freedom, which has lead him to his current goals. The irony of Eren's situation is that of everyone in the series, he's both the freest and yet the most enslaved. He knows what he has to do to achieve his goal, but in front of him is a literal mountain of bodies that threatens to bury him and everything he cares about. When faced with this mountain, he decides to do the one thing he's always done—keep moving forward until his enemies are destroyed. That's all he's ever done really. He's not wrong in his decision, and if any of us were faced with a similar problem, we'd probably do the same if we had the ability.

Also, I wouldn't say SnK is very political. It has symbolic imagery reminiscent of WW2, and it has a hot take on racism and the cycle of oppression, but that's about it. It's more philosophical than anything else, and it's takes on things it wants to get political about are refreshing in my opinion. Racism exists and always will. It exists for reasons human beings can't change. The cycle of oppression will always exist too, and we're going to swim in each other's blood until the end of time. You can't just simply forget the past. It's cynical, but it's true and I'm impressed some franchise that started out about kids getting nommed on by giants was ballsy enough to say this.

As far as the ending is going and what we know was planned, we're actually getting the more hopeful and optimistic ending than what was planned. The original ending had everyone dying and Jean in Floch's role. Lot of people saying it sounded a lot like the Mist. Now, I dig fucked up endings like that, but I realize not everyone does. I think it was a wise decision to back off that at least a little bit.

All in all, I'm pleased by Attack On Titan as a franchise. It's not my favorite thing ever, but it's high notes are really high. My only problem is how long it's dragging on. It really, really should have ended a couple chapters ago AT LEAST. We really didn't need that whole battle against Floch, or at the very least, you could have had it happening at the same time we see the Cringvengers trying to stop Eren. Also, everyone hates Gabi. I hate Gabi. You hate Gabi. Enough said on that front.