Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >tfw literally the entire world wants your race extinct because of some pigs

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just wish Isayama would get on with it already. Or if this is the fault of the publishers, they would just let him get on with it.

Either have Eren kill everyone, or don't.

Either have him feel bad, or don't.

Either this is a time-loop, or it isn't.

Just make up your mind, and stop stalling.

ThatOneLurker

I just keep moving forward.
kiwifarms.net
I just wish Isayama would get on with it already. Or if this is the fault of the publishers, they would just let him get on with it.

Either have Eren kill everyone, or don't.

Either have him feel bad, or don't.

Either this is a time-loop, or it isn't.

Just make up your mind, and stop stalling.

I agree as far as stalling goes, but I also think it's essential that Eren's motivation is properly explained to sell it. This is why 131 didn't bother me. First, we're seeing a flashback before he found his resolve. Two, just because Eren knows what he has to do doesn't mean he can't lament the fact he has to do it. What 131 was showing us is that Eren knows the consequences of his actions. Good people will die. People that don't deserve death will pay for the sins of the few who do. 130 and 131 is showing us is that Eren feels at least some amount of guilt over this fact, and that he acknowledges the gravity of what he's done and will do. The only thing he can do is keep moving forward. In chapter 100, with his talk with Reiner, we saw Eren lamenting and accepting this fact. That entire panel was just great by the way. The slight stare off to the side and the, "I just keep moving forward" tell us everything we needed to know followed by the solidifying of his resolve with, "Until my enemies are destroyed". Eren doesn't like what he's doing, but he has become resolute in the fact it needs to be done. Is Eren insane? Probably, but that doesn't make the situation less sympathetic. It makes him relatable. I would probably go crazy too in all honesty. If Eren suddenly started acting like an omniscient God who is passing judgement on the world, you wouldn't have a sympathetic character that is being forced to do terrible shit out of necessity. You would have a lunatic like Light and drive the audience against him.

I don't know. I could be looking too much into it and seeing depth that isn't there, but rate me optimistic because I believe we'll get excellent pay off out of this. The entire ending might not be splendid, but the confrontation with Eren is going to probably be pretty neat.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
I agree as far as stalling goes, but I also think it's essential that Eren's motivation is properly explained to sell it. This is why 131 didn't bother me.
Judging by reactions to this chapter I think the explanation might be the problem. The slow dripfeed of information over time and jumbling flashbacks with current day events made Eren kinda vague and confusing, which was intentional to get you in the mindset Armin and Mikasa are in, but I don't blame readers for being dissatisfied or seeing Eren as an erratically written character, even as of the last two chapters. I know I felt that way. I've only gradually started to see him as a more cohesive character, and I'm sure my final opinion on him will depend on how this all ends.

The only thing he can do is keep moving forward. In chapter 100, with his talk with Reiner, we saw Eren lamenting and accepting this fact. That entire panel was just great by the way. The slight stare off to the side and the, "I just keep moving forward" tell us everything we needed to know followed by the solidifying of his resolve with, "Until my enemies are destroyed". Eren doesn't like what he's doing, but he has become resolute in the fact it needs to be done.
That's my favorite scene in the series actually. The proceeding pages of Eren's Titan emerging from underground were incredible too. Plus hobo-eyepatch Eren is my favorite design. Man-bun Eren was a big downgrade aesthetically. The start of Man-bun Eren was also the period where his character seemed erratic to me so I stopped liking him for a while, though looking back now I'm not bothered by it anymore. The character I mean, not the manbun. That's still terrible. I'd say that's intentional but I don't think the hairstyle has the same connotation in japan.

Speaking of that scene, when I think about Eren's arc linearly and how he's been paralleled with Reiner, he's actually kinda like Reiner in reverse. Rather than do the killing first, he decided to immerse himself in the outside world, get himself emotionally attached and do his crying beforehand. THEN with that knowledge, experience and emotion, still do what he believed he had to. Reiner went from convinced he was a world saving hero and fucking up the walls, to slowly realizing what he had actually accomplished and getting mopey about it. Eren got his moping and understanding out of the way first to make sure he didn't falter or lose his resolve before he fucks up the whole world, but not conduct his attack in complete ignorance either like Reiner did.

I don't know. I could be looking too much into it and seeing depth that isn't there, but rate me optimistic because I believe we'll get excellent pay off out of this. The entire ending might not be splendid, but the confrontation with Eren is going to probably be pretty neat.
I'm not even sure what I expect out of the ending, but I'm reallly looking forward to the first and only straightforward honest interaction between Eren and the main group since before the timeskip (not counting flashbacks). Even if it ends in them killing each other.

Punished Benis

Chunky Yoghurt's Cock and Ball Torture
kiwifarms.net
Jean playing Floch's role.
Wait, first I've heard of that. Wow, that... Actually sounds kind of awesome. Jean teetering between hating Eren and being jealous of him the entire series and then deciding that he's the "Devil they need" and betraying everyone else for him. Would have been a pretty great character twist. Also fits with Jean arguing earlier on that he'd rather the rest of the world be genocided than Paradis suffer the same fate.

I need to look more into the planned original ending stuff. Honestly, it sounds fascinating.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Wait, first I've heard of that. Wow, that... Actually sounds kind of awesome. Jean teetering between hating Eren and being jealous of him the entire series and then deciding that he's the "Devil they need" and betraying everyone else for him. Would have been a pretty great character twist. Also fits with Jean arguing earlier on that he'd rather the rest of the world be genocided than Paradis suffer the same fate.

I need to look more into the planned original ending stuff. Honestly, it sounds fascinating.
Unfortunately all we really know is that it was gonna be like the Mist, but I'm hoping he talks more about it after the actual series ends. I'm especially curious WHERE that ending would happen, cause it seems like he extended things beyond the original scope. It could have just been a heavily truncated alternate version of everything we saw from Marley onwards, but I always wondered if it had been planned to happen after or during the retaking shiganshina arc.

With Jean though you don't need much extra explanation, as you described it's pretty easy to imagine early Jean going through Floch's role. Even their facial expressions are similar. According to Isayama he said that a "certain character" had become a person over time who couldn't fulfill his original role in the story, so he had to invent one who could and teased a silhouette of Floch. As soon as he was properly introduced, he immediately took over Jean's old role as harsh-truth guy.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately all we really know is that it was gonna be like the Mist, but I'm hoping he talks more about it after the actual series ends. I'm especially curious WHERE that ending would happen, cause it seems like he extended things beyond the original scope. It could have just been a heavily truncated alternate version of everything we saw from Marley onwards, but I always wondered if it had been planned to happen after or during the retaking shiganshina arc.

With Jean though you don't need much extra explanation, as you described it's pretty easy to imagine early Jean going through Floch's role. Even their facial expressions are similar. According to Isayama he said that a "certain character" had become a person over time who couldn't fulfill his original role in the story, so he had to invent one who could and teased a silhouette of Floch. As soon as he was properly introduced, he immediately took over Jean's old role as harsh-truth guy.

I mean, 'The Mist' movie or 'The Mist' book? Both have VERY different endings.

In the book, they just keep driving and the Mist is seemingly endless.

In the movie, Deus Ex Army comes out and saves the day after Thomas Jane's family and friends blew their fucking brains out.

Obviously it was expanded beyond the origonal scope. But were they supposed to get off the island and ride towards the mainland and then they just keep killing themselves with Eren the only one left and finds out that there is this massive army full of mechs and shit that have finished the titans off and were coming to rescue the island? I mean, that's pretty dumb, but nowhere near as dogshit as what we're getting.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net

In the movie, Deus Ex Army comes out and saves the day after Thomas Jane's family and friends blew their fucking brains out.

Obviously it was expanded beyond the origonal scope. But were they supposed to get off the island and ride towards the mainland and then they just keep killing themselves with Eren the only one left and finds out that there is this massive army full of mechs and shit that have finished the titans off and were coming to rescue the island? I mean, that's pretty dumb, but nowhere near as dogshit as what we're getting.

Yeah the movie version I forgot to mention. I always assumed it would be the overal "feel" of it rather than a 1-1 adaption. Trying to do something, turns out it was pointless and everybody suffered and struggled for nothing (seems like the point of the series as far as I can tell). The way I imagined it was shiganshina failing or ending in only Eren living, so either way he goes to the basement to at least see what the hell happened, learns what's up, and then he goes outside and giant zeppelins are flying over him to invade paradis. It either ends there or with a retaliatory rumbling somehow. Maybe Armin survived and narrates the ending.

Though if it was a 1-1 thing it could work if they outer world was like muv-luv with titans and paradis just happened to be a comparatively safe haven. That's kinda what I thought the outer world was pre-basement. I figured Reiner's group just wanted the shifter powers so they could protect their "village" more effectively from mindless titans and other villages. Middle middle middle bad shit happens and it's Eren's fault but he's still alive if everyone else isn't. and then warriors from a village that sympathizes with paradis show up to help way too late and it turns out Eren didn't have to do whatever he did. Eren screams like Shinji in End of Eva and the series ends. I wonder if the rumbling itself was somehow the manga's equivalent of the mist's mc shooting everyone in the movie.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Miel67

Miel67

BNHA Yaoi is Important...
kiwifarms.net
Isayama did state that he has a story idea since high school he always wanted to do post-Attack on Titan....fingers crossed that it doesn't go off the rails as hard as the manga.

I love "Attack on Titan"'s bleak setting and it's proven by Tumblr Posts (Attack on Titan AU where the Titans vomit out the humans and walk away)/"Attack on Titan Junior High"/"Mr. Osomatsu" that it can easily be played for laughs.
But Armin going berserk and wanting to commit genocide?! The Fuck is this...?! The FUCK happened to "Humanity's time will come!!" Was the backbone of your so-called "Extermination of Titans" now complete and utter shit-talking??
Oh, and thanks to TV Tropes (thanks I hate it) did I read the spoiler of how much he loathes Mikasa....k, I'm not a huge shipper of them, but I can slightly see hints of it in the first volume of the manga, but not so much in the anime.

Its a let down that the main 3 characters are burning bridges...oh, and Gabi deserved a WORSE DEATH. I hate that little shit too.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net

It was referring to the original book with Eren facing off against an army of titans by himself I believe

CORRUPT🍀

Hear my goose step, strike fear in my enemies
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I've ever seen a satisfactory ending to a manga. It always feels like they did it all last minute and forced. In fact, has any long series bad a satisfying end? I really like berserk and I feel like he's hopelessly lost and doesn't know what to do there.

Shokugeki no soma had a shit end too huh? Typical. These dudes are all edge and no nut,

Last edited:

albert chan

I am a beautiful dark twisted kiwi
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone here have the AoT Colossal Editions?

A1C6351A-4E50-464B-A799-27FAC500864C.jpeg

I haven’t seen this anime in years, but I’ve always said the manga looked nice.
It just sucks that these types of editions are expensive to get.

• Informative
Reactions: ScenarioOfTLoU2

Dang Woodchucks!

The Haachama Heresy
kiwifarms.net

No lie, i prefer that to whatever we're getting. The outside world having some kind of Anti-Kaiju defense force and basically corralling the titans to make Paradis the only shithole unequipped to deal with it would be a serious ass pull, but it would be amusing. It would still be massively retarded, but amusing.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net

That almost reminds me a bit of Gurren Lagann's mid-season finale, where the thing they're fighting against is actually the only thing keeping them safe from even greater danger - not that they could've ever known that. So, they fight their way out of Paradis only to discover that the rest of the world has been completely fucked by an even deadlier force, and that the Titans are in fact the only thing keeping that danger at bay.

Secret Asshole

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That almost reminds me a bit of Gurren Lagann's mid-season finale, where the thing they're fighting against is actually the only thing keeping them safe from even greater danger - not that they could've ever known that. So, they fight their way out of Paradis only to discover that the rest of the world has been completely fucked by an even deadlier force, and that the Titans are in fact the only thing keeping that danger at bay.

This had to do with my idea of what was outside the island. Outside the island was this post-apocalyptic destroyed society, where the titans were mutated humanoids. The titan Shifters were controlled by these beings who were nameless. They sought genetic perfection, but in doing so, had completely destroyed their ability to reproduce. Paradis serves as their little testing ground for a long-term eugenics experiment, complete with horrific monsters. It turns out that Mikasa has reached what they consider 'perfection' and seek to use her for their horrific experiments. Which is why they had the Titan shifters destroy the walls. They had no use for the others, and the rest was an attempt to get Mikasa, but were thwarted by Eren, who was the son of a rogue titan shifter, gifted the power of the titans.

They go over to the other continent, and have to fight horrific monsters with their 3D Gear, Eren doesn't get massive super powers from 50 titans and they have to use their wits to win battles. Its still a horror story. Eventually, Eren manages to convince the Titan shifters to betray the nameless ones and they basically lay siege to them. Turns out the nameless ones were modern day humans and Paradis was made up of what used to be Japan (lets be honest, its a Japanese manga so its gonna be Japan). The former human species dies out completely. They find that the nameless had a contingency to destroy all the titans once they had succeeded. Its a virus, they release it, all titans die. Paradis (Japan) takes over the world. The End.

I don't think I've ever seen a satisfactory ending to a manga. It always feels like they did it all last minute and forced. In fact, has any long series bad a satisfying end? I really like berserk and I feel like he's hopelessly lost and doesn't know what to do there.

Shokugeki no soma had a shit end too huh? Typical. These dudes are all edge and no nut,

I think I've read plenty that have had a good ending, just the bad ones stick out a lot more because of how good they were at the beginning then they became shit. But you're right. A lot of the time it is a crapshoot. And yup, it did. Mangka went apeshit at his publisher.

I thought the monkey titan was blue, and who's that with the sledgehammer?

That's the Warhammer Titan. And nah, Monkey is brown.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net

Tagami Yoshihisa's Horobi manga had a rather good ending going against stereotypical cliche endings so many other mangas have.

Reactions: CORRUPT🍀

CORRUPT🍀

Hear my goose step, strike fear in my enemies
kiwifarms.net
What was he mad about? Deadlines or like continuing the story past where he thought it should end?

Secret Asshole

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What was he mad about? Deadlines or like continuing the story past where he thought it should end?

I think it was extending beyond where he wanted it to go and the fact that the publisher wanted the MC and the main girl to get together and he didn't, so he threw this gigantic shit fit and had this weirdo pseudo-incest arc, brought in super powers and this super villain character, all this dumb bullshit. Not to mention the woman who wrote all the awesome descriptions of food went on maternity leave, so the descriptions of the food get shittier in the final arcs.