Attack on Titan Griefing Thread - >tfw literally the entire world wants your race extinct because of some pigs

How will Eren be stopped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So from what I gather the titans are actually working for nazis trying to exterminate Jews. Except the Jews themselves were once nazis sometime in the past.
Yep. It's the Nazi-jews versus the Jew-nazis.

Or they actually do think him killing people is a good thing, and how he'd totally kill anyone who pissed them off irl.
"Just try and tell me not to get my eyebrow pierced now dad! I am free."

I still maintain that Kenny is the best character in the entire series.
What was Kenny's appeal for you? He bored the hell out of me, just felt like an attempt to introduce a human character who could neutralize/match Levi without adding much to the larger narrative.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
What was Kenny's appeal for you? He bored the hell out of me, just felt like an attempt to introduce a human character who could neutralize/match Levi without adding much to the larger narrative.
It's kind of a personal reason. I was super into the original Red Dead Redemption when he first got introduced, and when I saw that there was a new character in AoT who was not only skilled af, and fucking hilarious, but also looked and acted like a comic book version of a cowboy, I was won over instantly. I was practically over the moon.

His main appeal to me now besides the fact that's he's basically a spaghetti western character that was dropped into the world Aot is that he's both funny and competent. AoT is a series that desperately needs a good comic relief character with both those traits, or else everything gets way too heavy, and way too up its own ass. It's why I loved Sasha so much, and why I was so mad that she died, and especially at how she died, and why she died. She was a great lighthearted character that provided laughs and was also really badass, and had skills that were unique to her, and actually saved the day a few times.

It's the same thing with Kenny. He's a great character with skills, mannerisms, and a design that were unique for series. He really helped lighten up the monotony, and heaviness of the Uprising arc while also more than managing to hold his own in battle. He was able to go toe-to-toe with Levi which is something that was desperately needed back then, and even more so right now.

Levi needed someone to keep him in check and Kenny was the one to do that. It's the main reason I'm mad that he was killed off. He could've been Levi's tard-wrangler which is something we all know Levi really, really fucking needs.

Last edited:
Personally, Kenny was just Ali al-Saachez from Gundam 00 but without the impressive body count of named characters. The stuff with him wanting to be a better person was interesting but not nearly developed enough.

Am I the only one whose really bothered by how Levi's backstory was handled? We have two stories, the one with Kenny and the one from A Choice with no Regrets. They're both supposed to be canon but the way neither make any reference to the other makes it feel like only the stuff with Kenny actually happened.

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

True & Honest Fan
I'm the only one whose's really bothered by how Levi's backstory was handled? We have two stories, the one with Kenny and the one from A Choice with no Regrets. They're both supposed to be canon but the way neither make any reference to the other makes it feel like only the stuff with Kenny actually happened.
I'm not sure, but I think this problem has to do with them being written by two different people. The Kenny story is from Isayama, and the ACWNR story was written by someone going by the name of Gun Snark.

Yes, really.

Upon further investigation, Isayama might not have had any involvement at all in the making of ACWNR. I can't find anything that says that he had anything to do with it. He didn't write it, he definitely didn't draw it because the art in it actually looks fucking nice, he didn't help edit it, he didn't storyboard it, I'm pretty sure he didn't create Isabel, or Farlan, nothing.

Also, the two stories might be so different because they came out around roughly the same time. Kenny first appeared in December of 2013 while the manga version of ACWNR came out in September of the same year. When I put everything together, I think this is just a case of poor communication on the authors, and whoever decided to greenlight ACWNR.

I also think this might be another example of Isayama writing by the seat of his pants. Meaning he might not have created Kenny until right before the chapter he debuted in, well after ACWNR came out. I'm just speculating here, but I think the interesting tidbit I found below might point in that direction.

That interesting tidbit being that according to his wikia page, Isayama partially based Kenny off of Trevor from GTA V. When did GTA V come out? September 2013. Just three months before Kenny's first appearance in the series.

Of course, the source on the wikia just leads to a page that doesn't have the actual interview where he states this, but if it is true, that is fucking amazing, and I love it, and it would also possibly explain why ACWNR clashes so heavily with the actual main series.

Last edited:

Hackallier

True & Honest Fan
I see they nerfed Zeke's throwing ability just at the right time for the posse to get in.
If this was anything like the early chapters or seasons, at least one of them should have died.
Can't wait for Mary Sue to come and save the day. Make it so she just appears and one-shots Eren.

edit: Oh shit I was made aware of a great casualty.
1604771198275.jpg

Last edited:

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
I see they nerfed Zeke's throwing ability just at the right time for the posse to get in.
If this was anything like the early chapters or seasons, at least one of them should have died.
Can't wait for Mary Sue to come and save the day. Make it so she just appears and one-shots Eren.

View attachment 1720415
It seems like every series that starts with an "everyone can die" concept will end up with the remaining cast getting plot armor 2/3 of the way in if not earlier

View attachment 1720415

We do, indeed, live in a society.

I'm sorry for the edit but I just read 134 without swallowing the previous 100 odd chapters. What the shit is going on? Am I somehow supposed to root for Eren?

I keep reading his motivation as him wanting to be free forever and kill everyone in the universe so that no one can be mean to anyone any more but this is so goddamn juvenile it makes my head hurt. Having Isayama making a political thriller when he only knows how to make a monster manga with a mystery box is like having Moviebob commenting on anything that is not the McDonalds dollar menu.

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

True & Honest Fan
I'm sorry for the edit but I just read 134 without swallowing the previous 100 odd chapters. What the shit is going on? Am I somehow supposed to root for Eren?
I honestly don't know anymore.

I don't think you're supposed to, because literally genociding the entire world, even if it is to save your own race, is fucking inexcusable, and unjustifiable, and the main cast does acknowledge this constantly, and the utter destruction, horror, and despair that Eren's actions are causing is show in extreme detail, but at the exact same time, literally no one even tries to argue with him about it outside of "You don't have to do this!", something that would be extremely easy to do, and the absent of it is extremely suspicious and leads me to think it's only not there so Eren can even appear sympathetic at all.

The fandom itself seems to be torn on this, too. Other people have started to notice what I mentioned above, and have been arguing that Eren might being portrayed too sympathetically, and the lack of action by SC to even try to debate and disprove what Eren is doing is proof that Isayama himself doesn't know what he wants to portray anymore, and that the constant backpedaling, and flip-flopping by characters in-series is a consequence, and clear sign of this.

Others have said that he wasn't supposed to be, but due to unknown circumstances, Isayama had to change the story to make him appear to be, even if that made no fucking sense, was nearly impossible to do, and much, much too late into the story. Another portion think that this is just an accident, and just a result of bad pacing, and overall vagueness in the story. An even smaller group just think that he's not supposed to be seen sympathetically at all, and just think that others seeing it as such are just misinterpreting what's going on.

Then you just have Eren stans who are defending him, and his genocide because he's "doing it for a good reason", and "he had a bad life" and "he's hot, and I can fix him" and "he's not real, but if he was, he'd totally slit your throat for me!".

It's just a fucking mess, really.

Tl;dr: Probably not, but crazy whores are gonna do it anyways.

Bunny Tracks

True & Honest Fan
Real talk, it's stuff like this that makes me so bummed out about the series going to shit.

These are beautiful works of art that must've taken a lot of time, care, skill, and precision to make. It's just a shame that they're now going to have bullshit things like time-travel, pigs, and global genocide to end racism attached to them.

Xerxes IX

A persian in a pear tree!
Real talk, it's stuff like this that makes me so bummed out about the series going to shit.

These are beautiful works of art that must've taken a lot of time, care, skill, and precision to make. It's just a shame that they're now going to have bullshit things like time-travel, pigs, and global genocide to end racism attached to them.
On one hand, it's a memorial of the Attack on Titan that once was, and not a statue of Ymir letting the pigs out or any of the other new horseshit.

On the other hand, you're right. Looking at the statues reminds me of all the wasted potential the series has. I'd say Isayama's got a "if only you knew how bad things really are" expression going on, but he's the one who caused all this.