$ (Au, Ag, Pt) Precious Metals - Gold, Silver, and the Platinum family of metals

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Is gold nice

• Yes

Votes: 115 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters

world of shit

kiwifarms.net
Trajan is his favorite, but every coin I found of him was ~16k. Probably because he was so based.

802.jpg

Philly Phunk Machine

"Swiss Cheese sex was great!"
kiwifarms.net
Before the wsb shit and $usd panic I used to have lots of luck just going strait for "whats you best cash price for this?" in person. Not on the phone, not in email. Saved me on tax lots of times.
Another option if you where planning on picking up stacks of 1oz gold Krugerrands or ASE's then just take a drive to a tax free state. Not all states charge tax on PMs. This was how it worked in the before times. Now noone has anything in stock and if they do they want top premiums. The coin show I used to do lots of buying at is already canceled. Gold is fixing to take a big dip and I can't buy anything because everyone is OOS or shutdown.

For online check out https://findbullionprices.com/
It indexes the pricing on all the major sites. JMBullion and APMEX are 2 I always had good luck with on generic stuff.

I don't know what the fuck a Vat is but you should probably figure out a way not to pay that. Arn't the Britannicas legal tender in the UK? Why not just get those and skip the sales tax and "vat"? They are a great coin in gold and silver.

A real sad state of affairs when one of the few "cheap" silver rounds you can actually get is a creepy Biden coin and its still 5.xx over spot (:_(
If your just starting now good luck.
View attachment 1956672
Wouldn't junk silver be a better alternative in that case? You might end up with coins containing a fraction of silver content but you'll at least be stockpiling something until the good stuff becomes affordable.

Lone MacReady

Fresh Milk Enjoyer
kiwifarms.net
Fishy, something smells like rotten vagina recently. It's starting to fall apart.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
Yankee Stacking makes a pretty solid case for buying copper in 2021:

Not physical, stacking that is like breeding pine trees. But he says paper copper is poised to go up if Biden's infrastructure bill goes through.

He's pushing one particular stock, but I bet there are other good ones and the logic he lays out is sound. I bought some paper silver in case the Silver Squeeze amounted to anything and now it seems redundant as it went nowhere and I have a gold miner stock I've had for years, and physical gold and silver. I'm down a couple bucks now so I'd like to see it go back up a bit to minimize loss, but then I think I'll sell and look at copper.

General Tug Boat

∆x∆y>=h/4π
kiwifarms.net
Yankee Stacking makes a pretty solid case for buying copper in 2021:

Not physical, stacking that is like breeding pine trees. But he says paper copper is poised to go up if Biden's infrastructure bill goes through.

He's pushing one particular stock, but I bet there are other good ones and the logic he lays out is sound. I bought some paper silver in case the Silver Squeeze amounted to anything and now it seems redundant as it went nowhere and I have a gold miner stock I've had for years, and physical gold and silver. I'm down a couple bucks now so I'd like to see it go back up a bit to minimize loss, but then I think I'll sell and look at copper.
Copper looks pretty good for people to start considering. At least in my mind while watching the price over the last couple of months. Seeing that Copper is posed to do so much in regards as the push for electric vehicles, but as well in an industrial sense. It would be good to pick up some copper.

I am not big into the paper aspect of things, but it's a good asset to get in paper for sure. Though I also like the idea of getting some copper rounds and bars just for the heck of it. Prices are low enough that even if it just sits for about a decade with my silver and gold, it really won't bother me too much.

knobslobbin

survivorship bias
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Copper looks pretty good for people to start considering. At least in my mind while watching the price over the last couple of months. Seeing that Copper is posed to do so much in regards as the push for electric vehicles, but as well in an industrial sense. It would be good to pick up some copper.

I am not big into the paper aspect of things, but it's a good asset to get in paper for sure. Though I also like the idea of getting some copper rounds and bars just for the heck of it. Prices are low enough that even if it just sits for about a decade with my silver and gold, it really won't bother me too much.
How does copper perform during an economic downturn? iirc it's highly coupled, and there is a lot of worry about a global recession/depression from all the financial shenanigans and money printing accelerating lately.

Cool Dog

No longer a dog, still cool
kiwifarms.net
What gold coins are guaranteed to be 100% gold and not lead plated with gold?

Kruggerands? Mexicanos de Oro?

I should I got for the tiny bars some banks sell instead?

Last edited:

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
What gold coins are guaranteed to be 100% gold and not lead plated with gold?

Kruggerands? Mexicanos de Oro?

I should I got for the tiny bars some banks sell instead?
I'm a noob when it comes to gold, so double-check everything, but here's what I've read. Technically there are no 100% gold coins, the highest purity you can get is .9999 purity. Krugerrands and American Gold Eagles are approximately 92% gold, but they still contain an ounce of gold (or the fractional amount if it's a fractional coin) and the total weight is more than 1 oz to account for the lower purity. Pretty much every other coin is .999 or .9999. If you're concerned about counterfeits or fakes, just buy from an established and reputable dealer. Don't buy on eBay or in a private sale unless you have the ability to test the coin and have a way to get refunded. Bars tend to have lower premiums than coins, so if you want to buy gold as cheaply as possible then bars might be a good option, but the same warnings about avoiding fakes apply.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
My reclaims: Once a year I sell my Aluminum and Copper to a local scrapyard. Fucker is a ripoff, but gives me some beer money.

**Not an economist - all my personal opinion - do not take.... yadda yadda, who gives a fuck...**

My opinion on Silver: Don't. There is tons of silver in the Americas and other areas around the word. As soon as the price hits a sweet spot, the mines open and kill the profit. I've seen silver panics and resulting floods. Silver never wins. Compared to holding fiat it's better, but only barely.

My opinion on Gold: Yes. There are several YouTubes on how the world is short on gold, b/c the gold bond markets are oversold. (e.g. if you add up all the promissory notes for gold, and compare them to the amount of ACTUAL gold in holding, the notes are higher by a factor of 2x -3x). So, w/o knowing much - my opinion is: anything that is oversold by a factor of 2x-3x, yet is undervalued compared to fiat is a 'buy'. Banks and nations propegate this dirty business. Gold is pretty fucking rare too.

Just my opinion. Ultimately, you can't eat either.

Lead: Lead will allow you to obtain both, and a lot more. Invest in lead.
I guess you can say the Spanish Conquistadors were the first to turn lead into gold.
Before the wsb shit and $usd panic I used to have lots of luck just going strait for "whats you best cash price for this?" in person. Not on the phone, not in email. Saved me on tax lots of times.
Another option if you where planning on picking up stacks of 1oz gold Krugerrands or ASE's then just take a drive to a tax free state. Not all states charge tax on PMs. This was how it worked in the before times. Now noone has anything in stock and if they do they want top premiums. The coin show I used to do lots of buying at is already canceled. Gold is fixing to take a big dip and I can't buy anything because everyone is OOS or shutdown.

For online check out https://findbullionprices.com/
It indexes the pricing on all the major sites. JMBullion and APMEX are 2 I always had good luck with on generic stuff.

I don't know what the fuck a Vat is but you should probably figure out a way not to pay that. Arn't the Britannicas legal tender in the UK? Why not just get those and skip the sales tax and "vat"? They are a great coin in gold and silver.

A real sad state of affairs when one of the few "cheap" silver rounds you can actually get is a creepy Biden coin and its still 5.xx over spot (:_(
If your just starting now good luck.
View attachment 1956672
Are they just minting tons of the creepy Joe ones, or is it because more PM buyers are anti-globohomo and would buy literally anything but that?

Last edited:

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Barb's Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
What's the situation on silver. I was only buying gold for a long time but have an option to buy some 1kg silver bars and wonder if it's worth it over other things. Was thinking about a shitton of 1/10 oz silver coins originally since these will be actually useful as a currency when hyperinflation finally hits

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
What's the situation on silver. I was only buying gold for a long time but have an option to buy some 1kg silver bars and wonder if it's worth it over other things. Was thinking about a shitton of 1/10 oz silver coins originally since these will be actually useful as a currency when hyperinflation finally hits

I try to split my stacking evenly at a 100 oz silver to 1 oz gold ratio, but according to the Not A Financial Advisor silverbugs I watch on youtube, the ratio of gold to silver now makes gold the better investment these days. As such I've leaned more into gold on my last purchases.

I still buy silver though and I exclusively buy junk silver (old US coins). I too am hedging for trading as currency in a hyperinflation scenario, and I like them because the small sizes give flexibility. Also they are very recognizable and hard to forge (especially the wear on a 70 year old circulated dime.

A Gay Retard

your favourite poster
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Picked up my first metal buy this week with about half a kilo of silver in various bars. Without PL'ing, my education and what I do has me very concerned about hyperinflation coming with current monetary policy. I'm fucking obsessed with metals now and figured I'd stick with silver as it's what casuals like myself will probably be jumping on.
I try to split my stacking evenly at a 100 oz silver to 1 oz gold ratio, but according to the Not A Financial Advisor silverbugs I watch on youtube, the ratio of gold to silver now makes gold the better investment these days. As such I've leaned more into gold on my last purchases.

I still buy silver though and I exclusively buy junk silver (old US coins). I too am hedging for trading as currency in a hyperinflation scenario, and I like them because the small sizes give flexibility. Also they are very recognizable and hard to forge (especially the wear on a 70 year old circulated dime.
This is what I came to this thread for. I figured I'd eventually start spreading my money across gold/plat/silver but hadn't thought about ratios. I also have an extensive coin collection including a fuckload of pre-65 quarters. I figured out as a young person working a cash register that if I quickly dropped an interesting-feeling quarter against the counter as I accepted if from a customer I could tell the difference by the "clack" or "clink" it made. For some reason we had a ton coming through. Kept a dollar in quarters at all times at that job to buy the silver quarters out of the till. Haven't seen that many silver quarters before or since.

Lone MacReady

Fresh Milk Enjoyer
kiwifarms.net
Picked up my first metal buy this week with about half a kilo of silver in various bars. Without PL'ing, my education and what I do has me very concerned about hyperinflation coming with current monetary policy. I'm fucking obsessed with metals now and figured I'd stick with silver as it's what casuals like myself will probably be jumping on.

This is what I came to this thread for. I figured I'd eventually start spreading my money across gold/plat/silver but hadn't thought about ratios. I also have an extensive coin collection including a fuckload of pre-65 quarters. I figured out as a young person working a cash register that if I quickly dropped an interesting-feeling quarter against the counter as I accepted if from a customer I could tell the difference by the "clack" or "clink" it made. For some reason we had a ton coming through. Kept a dollar in quarters at all times at that job to buy the silver quarters out of the till. Haven't seen that many silver quarters before or since.
Understand that for thousands of years Empires have lived and died on PMs, plebs have fought and bled for them, and the ""elites"" still hoard them massively. Only within the modern age has unbacked Beast mark Fiat been cooked up as a way to pay for endless wars and syphon true wealth away from the People. The people who, for a short time, were actually expanding the global middle class til around the early 1900s. Bankers and their puppet Kings have gone nowhere, Gold being King's coin hasn't changed, TPTB just pulled a Lucifer and made the People think they don't exist anymore. Been a slow boiling of the frog of course, all since our currency was given over to unelected Central Bankers in 1913. Like clockwork PMs were generationally syphoned away from your family, and they/you were hooked into backed, then unbacked Fiat Debt Notes. 100 years of Inflation later, and grandma's home now costs 300,000 slave notes more and Food prices aren't even tracked on the CPI to avoid riots. Post-WWII the entire world was hooked into America's fiat slave game, globalism began, and here we are at the end of it with hordes of antithetical people imported to become the new dumb huddled masses for the Bankerberg's debt Shitstem.

Is it any wonder why men like Putin talk about, "freeing themselves from the Rothschild dollar"? Why use that name specifically?

Last edited: