$ (Au, Ag, Pt) Precious Metals - Gold, Silver, and the Platinum family of metals

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Is gold nice

• Yes

Votes: 99 89.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters

Cup Noodle

Tch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's say you have 10k usd sitting in savings and you're interested in metals. What's the best way to get started?
Buy a ASE (American Silver Eagle) look at it and hold it. It's pretty and it feels good. Now you have silver so you aren't out of the game. Next look at your finances. Do you have debt? Do you have a mortgage or a car loan? If you have debt, save back a couple grand and pay your debt down with the rest. Debt is slavery. Get rid of all debt as soon as possible. The longer you take the more interest accrues and the less silver or gold you can buy in the long run. If you are debt free and have 10k think about the business or side business that you can create with that money. You probably have interests and there are probably super autistic ways to make money in your super autistic interests. You can multiply your money better there. Once you have no debt and you are making your money work for you with your super autistic business, save back a bunch of money because it's always good to have a bankroll, and put the rest into metals. I have zero debt, a couple of businesses, and much more than 10k in metals if that lends any credibility to this post.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
I think you can start making small metal purchases while paying down debt. I have been stacking for over a year as well as paying down debt. Should be debt free in a couple months. Looked at how much I paid off in the last year and it was pretty surprising.

I will actually have so much extra money that even I think it will be too ridic to put it *all* into metal, so besides my 401k and Robin Hood play money, I'm starting to look at high dividend ETFs.

As far as spreadsheets, I janked up my own. Fudged up some averages for junk silver content (really fudged in the case of the worn, thin stuff like Barbers I get now and again). I add in lines for every purchase that show what I bought it at, what it would take to "break even", and I can change a box to update every entry with current spot price. It adds em up and I can tell at a glance how many ozs of silver and gold I have and how much it's worth in fiat. It's easier if I'm calculating something straight, like rolls of Washington Quarters or Mercs. Cull bags are a special nightmare, but OTOH fun to sort through and see what you get.

It was a lot of work, but I've got enough autist in me for that.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
A good video for calculating junk silver values on the fly. This cat is one of my favorite silverbug youtubers as well.

I myself have never been in a local coin shop to buy as I don't have any near me that are open on my days off. I would like to someday though, as I hear they can be cheaper than online purchases.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I am looking to aquire some silver. Whats a good place for it? I am naturally suspicious of pretty much every website on the internet.

Celebidhren

Silver on my mind
kiwifarms.net
So I am looking to aquire some silver. Whats a good place for it? I am naturally suspicious of pretty much every website on the internet.
Depending on your level of skepticism it might just be better to try and find some local coin shops or pawn shops. Although I've noticed the pawn shops near me have premiums about as high as websites, and I trust them less than the online ones. It might also work to find a local coin shop and see if they have a website, then you can go in person or you can order online if they seem on the up and up.

Otherwise, this pasta from 4chan seems somewhat acceptable.
4chan SETF pasta.png
I've tried BullionByPost (which had a bit too high premiums), Chards (which I visited in-store and seemed okay), and TheSilverMountain (once a couple of years ago, seemed so-so). This is mostly relevant if you're somewhere in Europe, so not sure for USA/Canada/Australia. But I tried out these places before seeing these posts on 4chan, so maybe the pasta is not too bad as a starting point.

I did buy a Scottsdale bar from BullionByPost once and quite liked it, so if you're in North America it might be worth checking out ScottsdaleMint I guess.
SilverGoldBull has a few stuff on sale due to the reddit WallStreetSilver thing, so it might also be worth checking.

I would definitely avoid even considering eBay or other marketplaces like that, unless you're looking for a specific novelty coin/bar and are okay with potentially getting scammed.
And remember: Have fun

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would definitely avoid even considering eBay or other marketplaces like that, unless you're looking for a specific novelty coin/bar and are okay with potentially getting scammed.
damn that null, we should've known a silver piece with chris's face on it was too good to be true

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
I've bought from Golden Eagle and Apmex. Golden Eagle is my jam. They have good sales and the lowest price on Washington Quarters. Easy to deal with too.

I highly recommend getting a PO Box for delivery. Some online places won't deliver to them, but GE does. Far better than some UPS guy tossing a box of $2k worth of gold and silver on my porch.

Enig

Ultra Fucked 64
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I feel like most of the paranoia over ebay shopping boils down to people not checking over the sale listing or seller enough combined with prior FUD from the feds about chinese fakes. From my experience anything truly fake is automatically blocked from access by ebay (eg. $15 10oz slabs, those listings have been in search results for ages but they get redirected to a 404 forcibly), and the listings that use stock-y images are either ones that sit for months untouched or are from actual reputable bullion outlets that have been on ebay for 20+ years. With paid dilligence you can get small bits of silver here and there for cheaper than by going through JMB and the like, so it's a good outlet for people that want to stockpile slowly but steadily and don't want to fuck with eChecks just to lower the shipping costs, it just takes having a high perception stat.

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
So metals have been dropping like a stone for the last few days. If you were thinking about buying some, now seems like the time. I picked up some silver, and will try to grab either more silver or gold depending on how far they drop or how long this holds.
Any speculation on why it's dropping? I noticed it's been dropping the last couple days but haven't found anything to explain why it suddenly started dropping.

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Barb's Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
Any speculation on why it's dropping? I noticed it's been dropping the last couple days but haven't found anything to explain why it suddenly started dropping.
There is a global conspiracy to keep the silver price down despite shortages, retailers delay deliveries instead of increasing the prices etc. Anyone used to buying (larger) silver bars (not coins) irl will know this is true

Lone MacReady

7.7/6.1
kiwifarms.net
Lead remains on the precious metals list, because CBDCs is what they want, and they are already moving quickly towards the China model. Arm Up.

Ariel

Sorbet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don’t own any gold itself but I have shares in a mining company that I know has found more gold at their new site than they have told shareholders about.