$ (Au, Ag, Pt) Precious Metals - Gold, Silver, and the Platinum family of metals

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Is gold nice

• Yes

Votes: 99 89.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters

Cup Noodle

Tch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hero Bullion

Free shipping over 99 dollars and no sales tax.
No no sales tax bit sounds sketch because everyone is charging sales tax now if your state has sales tax on bullion. Have you personally done business with them? I've done done business with Apmex, Provident Metals, and JM Bullion. There are other trustworthy sites, but those are my preferred.

stupid orc

gramer is 4 faggots
kiwifarms.net
I'm new to silver and have become interested in collecting sterling and junk, I've been going to flea markets and thrift stores but I haven't found anything with any markings and I've been wary of buying things because of that. basically I'm just asking for the newbie rundown on this stuff.

themasterlurker

Custom title If specified, this will replace
kiwifarms.net
So metals have been dropping like a stone for the last few days. If you were thinking about buying some, now seems like the time. I picked up some silver, and will try to grab either more silver or gold depending on how far they drop or how long this holds.
Silver is getting cheaper because new veins and processing methods are always being advanced, it will probably continue climbing down

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Silver is getting cheaper because new veins and processing methods are always being advanced, it will probably continue climbing down
That's because prices have been very high this year AND because the 2020s are expected to see a large expansion in industrial demand for silver. It's a continual cycle, the same with the price of gold and especially other metals like copper.

Kujo Jotaro

Every Man Dies
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I feel like most of the paranoia over ebay shopping boils down to people not checking over the sale listing or seller enough combined with prior FUD from the feds about chinese fakes. From my experience anything truly fake is automatically blocked from access by ebay (eg. $15 10oz slabs, those listings have been in search results for ages but they get redirected to a 404 forcibly), and the listings that use stock-y images are either ones that sit for months untouched or are from actual reputable bullion outlets that have been on ebay for 20+ years. With paid dilligence you can get small bits of silver here and there for cheaper than by going through JMB and the like, so it's a good outlet for people that want to stockpile slowly but steadily and don't want to fuck with eChecks just to lower the shipping costs, it just takes having a high perception stat.
An interesting tidbit about ebay in the event you do get scammed (PM's or otherwise), you can always, no questions asked(within 30 days), refund a purchase. They are 100% about buyer protection to the point were even non scam items are treated in this manor, regardless of the sellers "return policy".

Power level: I sold a well displayed and correctly labeled item, only to have the tard who bought it turn around and return it because he had no idea what he was buying and accused me of mislabeling the item. I initially refused to refund because I was not the party in the wrong, I however changed my mind after I found out that if I refused to do so he would retain the item and ebay would withdraw the money from my payout.

Kujo Jotaro

Every Man Dies
kiwifarms.net
1641793745826.jpg

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
The best part is that will never work today because 99% of people who stack PM know the government can (and probably will at some point) do it so are prepared to either stash their gold or shoot some glow in the darks.

Except for the poor saps who think a bank vault is a good place to stash your metals LMAO.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
I have a pile of copper wire that needs to be stripped for recycling. Is it worth it to do it right now or would inflation eat up whatever I end making on it?

I would use the proceeds to invest in stocks.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
I have a piece of gold. How many more do I need before I'm rich?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I have a pile of copper wire that needs to be stripped for recycling. Is it worth it to do it right now or would inflation eat up whatever I end making on it?

I would use the proceeds to invest in stocks.
Sell your stocks and invest in copper. No seriously, keep your copper around since if the apocalypse really did hit, you'd be wanting it. Copper might have some interesting price swings these next few years since Chile produces 25-30% of the world's copper and "elected" a Reddit-tier commie type as president meaning environmental restrictions and bureaucratic bloat plus wage rises might increase the price of copper by a good deal. Peru (15% of global copper production) has a similar president but he's apparently following the kinda-leftist path the guys before him did.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sell your stocks and invest in copper. No seriously, keep your copper around since if the apocalypse really did hit, you'd be wanting it. Copper might have some interesting price swings these next few years since Chile produces 25-30% of the world's copper and "elected" a Reddit-tier commie type as president meaning environmental restrictions and bureaucratic bloat plus wage rises might increase the price of copper by a good deal. Peru (15% of global copper production) has a similar president but he's apparently following the kinda-leftist path the guys before him did.
Doesn't copper have a shelf life though? It's further up the table then gold and silver. Which means it's reactive and binds with Oxygen over time. Most people don't have vaccume chambers to keep their copper bars in. Even in Ye Olden Times copper was considered pretty worthless as a store of value.

In the Bronze Age, TIN was the king of metals. Tin was needed to make Bronze from copper, which stabilized the metal and slowed the oxidation process. The very first monetary debasement schemes in human history involved using more Copper and less Tin to make Bronze.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Doesn't copper have a shelf life though? It's further up the table then gold and silver. Which means it's reactive and binds with Oxygen over time. Most people don't have vaccume chambers to keep their copper bars in. Even in Ye Olden Times copper was considered pretty worthless as a store of value.
It forms a patina, but that's if you keep it outside. Assuming you control the humidity in your house and don't touch it with your bare hands, it would probably last many years in a decent state. You could probably purify it in a fire since copper can be worked with if you heat it up.
In the Bronze Age, TIN was the king of metals. Tin was needed to make Bronze from copper, which stabilized the metal and slowed the oxidation process. The very first monetary debasement schemes in human history involved using more Copper and less Tin to make Bronze.
Not entirely true, if you want to die a cripple or lunatic, you mix it with arsenic instead to make it hard and reliable. Back in the day they usually did this by mixing ores to find one with a decent copper content, but nowadays industrial copper is too pure so you have to mix the arsenic in. I recommend realgar, it has pretty red crystals and the Chinese believe it protects against disease and shit. Can't be too bad for you, right? Maybe make an amulet and sell it in Chinatown, I dunno.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
So how about those gold and silver prices, huh? Last year was the first time I had disposable income to spare, and I put a bunch into precious metals and my only regret is not buying more.
Was tempted to buy like 2-3K in PM the other day, didn't for various reasons, now I'm kind of pissed. Right now the money to be made is probably in mining companies since high gold/silver means they'll be looking for opportunities. Hopefully it'll drop 1-2 dollars in the next few months before things go totally haywire but I'm not counting on that.

Collecting PM is almost addictive, I have to say. Wish it wasn't so easy to lose in lakes.

Godzilla1984

Skreeeonk!
kiwifarms.net
Was tempted to buy like 2-3K in PM the other day, didn't for various reasons, now I'm kind of pissed. Right now the money to be made is probably in mining companies since high gold/silver means they'll be looking for opportunities. Hopefully it'll drop 1-2 dollars in the next few months before things go totally haywire but I'm not counting on that.

Collecting PM is almost addictive, I have to say. Wish it wasn't so easy to lose in lakes.
Lakes are magnets for many things; precious metals, firearms, glowies.
So tragic.

Gold price approaching record high as Ukraine, inflation risks mount

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
Guys, I am here to inform you that I am apparently a demigod of gold prices. Every time I have money to spend on gold, the price goes up, and when I do not, the price goes down. If you want your investments to prosper, give me cash money so I can stack and we all win.