$ (Au, Ag, Pt) Precious Metals - Gold, Silver, and the Platinum family of metals

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Is gold nice

• Yes

Votes: 115 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
I'll say it again.

Gold/Silver DO NOT increase. Metals _preserve_ wealth, in relation to fiat.

1oz of gold in the 1860s bought you the finest custom tailored suit. 1 oz of gold now does the same (within a factor of accuracy)
1oz of silver in the 1860s bought you a (non-fast food) dinner for one (with wine), Same as today.

Don't look at the man behind the curtain.
(his name is inflation)

Uncle June

Go shit in your hat
kiwifarms.net
I'll say it again.

1oz of gold in the 1860s bought you the finest custom tailored suit. 1 oz of gold now does the same (within a factor of accuracy)
1oz of silver in the 1860s bought you a (non-fast food) dinner for one (with wine), Same as today.

(his name is inflation)

Thank you

Sick of seeing morons thinking they'll be overnight millions akin to dogecoin because they have 4 coins they overpaid for on moneymetals.com.

Hippopatumus

kiwifarms.net
I'll say it again.

(his name is inflation)
This is true during periods of normally functioning markets.

During the Weimar Hyperinflation, five ounces of gold was enough to purchase a mansion in Berlin.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
This is true during periods of normally functioning markets.

During the Weimar Hyperinflation, five ounces of gold was enough to purchase a mansion in Berlin.
Yes. Radical swings will pervert the average.
During the late 80s, I'm not sure an ounce of gold would buy a tailored suit, nor an ounce of silver- a good meal....

My gold-based stocks/ETFs/funds have gone up over 50%,this year btw...

Route 79

Pronouns are Rt / Hwy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With inflation what it is today gold better go up 7-10% annually since it's touted as a hedge against inflation. Compared to other commodities, gold's performance is disappointing.

Kheapathic

Low IQ Gorilla Niggers
kiwifarms.net
I prefer silver, I think silver looks much nicer than gold. Unfortunately I live in the UK and silver is used in industry, so buying it comes with a 20% VAT added on, unlike gold. Unforunately gold is also expensive as fuck. It would be nice if the bitcoin meme made gold a bear market, but alas it hasn't happened.

For those who have invested in PM, are you planning to hold forever or just flip for a profit?
Holding; either it'll become a more common trading material, or I'll leave it for my descendants for generational wealth.

The Wicked Mitch

Senate Minority Cuckold
kiwifarms.net
I was infected the very moment my dad showed me his stack back in the day, which he shouldn't have done because any other little shit my age would've told people about it and we probably would've gotten robbed - anyway, despite not having anywhere near the returns of many other investments silver and gold just have that feeling of safety, security and genuine wealth that nothing else can seemingly replicate, for me at least.

I don't intend on ever selling any unless I absolutely need to do so or we get to Weimar levels of insanity where my stack will buy an entire city. Otherwise I'll be passing it on to future generations, unless they're degenerates in which case I'll buy a sailing yacht and try to hit the Atlanteans with it.

Cup Noodle

Tch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just want a solid gold bar :(
You can buy a one gram gold bar. They are overpriced for the metal content, but accessible for poor fags that just want to say they have a gold bar. You might also look into goldbacks or small denomination foreign gold coins such as Mexican 2 peso gold coins. I have gold but I prefer silver. I like em chonky.
20220314_230522_HDR - Copy.jpg

Gold with that kind of chonk is out of my reach for the time being.

Kheapathic

Low IQ Gorilla Niggers
kiwifarms.net
You can buy a one gram gold bar. They are overpriced for the metal content, but accessible for poor fags that just want to say they have a gold bar. You might also look into goldbacks or small denomination foreign gold coins such as Mexican 2 peso gold coins. I have gold but I prefer silver. I like em chonky.
View attachment 3073661
I like Gold Backs, not only are they legal tender in some states (not accepted everywhere), but I love the artwork on them. Only problem is I wish the different denominations were a standard size, so I could get a one-size fits all plastic for them.

Cup Noodle

Tch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like the different sizes. Kind of like gold or silver bars, the more it's worth the bigger it is. I'm not trying to preserve mine in pristine condition though. They go in a bank bag. Some people spend nearly as much money trying to preserve their metals as they spend on the metals. Everything gets a airtight and whatnot. I don't care. I'd rather spend that money on more metal.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
So what's gonna happen to price of gold once the Fed hikes rates?
View attachment 3073661
A gold bar is some of the cheaper stuff, US gold coins have insane premiums (especially the smaller ones, like I just want to see how those 1/8 gold eagles compare to a normal gold eagle but feel bad wasting my money on them when I could buy the real thing) and foreign gold coins only a little less so. But personally I like the US gold coins since they're all valid currency and really nice looking. I wish I could afford the pre-1933 coins, but those are like $250 more than the standard gold eagle.

I think I like silver coins more since they're also valid currency and the silver eagle is just so big and shiny.

MadStan

NFTs R 4 Chumps
kiwifarms.net
Gold is gold and all the imitations are goofball.

Gold is lovely to own. It is not a great investment tool. Gold is for those who are rich who want to stay rich.

It is not for great gains, just holding a value during tough times.

In times of uncertainty a true inflation hedge will look like...what Gold looks like, while imitators will look like...imitators... One of these graphs is Gold, and one is BTC that swore it was the ultimate inflation hedge. One operates in a tight band on a graph never really encapsulating more than the top 20% of its value because a real inflation hedge will only budge a little daily (because it has genuine value), while the imitator is so volatile it has to encapsulate over 50% of its value in a up and down graph and can go up and down more in a day than a real inflation Hedge can in a week.

If all Gold was put to market today there would be buyers (there are far more notes for GOLD than there is supply), whereas if every whale let loose their BTCs on the market, it would crash in a heartbeat. In fact, if BTC even allowed 1/5 of its current supply to go to market it would crash the market for them.

They have to control the market to prevent GOLD from going sky-high so they can keep their greedy hands on it, whereas they have to manipulate the market to try and make BTC go sky-High.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 6.28.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 6.41.13 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 6.28.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 6.28.27 AM.png
    76 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

protec cat

protecc flower pot tabby cat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 3073661
My Null coins, Marie Therese thalers (modern minted ones for Arabs or African traders), silver eagles, pandas (one of the nicest and most technically accomplished designs I think) have a nice noise, solid but gentle when shaken together. Sovereigns sound more tinkly. Kruggerands are meh, noise wise.