$ (Au, Ag, Pt) Precious Metals - Gold, Silver, and the Platinum family of metals

Is gold nice

• Yes

Votes: 104 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
I'll say it again.

Gold/Silver DO NOT increase. Metals _preserve_ wealth, in relation to fiat.

1oz of gold in the 1860s bought you the finest custom tailored suit. 1 oz of gold now does the same (within a factor of accuracy)
1oz of silver in the 1860s bought you a (non-fast food) dinner for one (with wine), Same as today.

Don't look at the man behind the curtain.
(his name is inflation)
I agree with this as well.

Cup Noodle

Tch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll say it again.

1oz of gold in the 1860s bought you the finest custom tailored suit. 1 oz of gold now does the same (within a factor of accuracy)
1oz of silver in the 1860s bought you a (non-fast food) dinner for one (with wine), Same as today.

(his name is inflation)
I'll agree on the gold, but if you are going to a nice restaurant the glass of wine will cost you a ounce of silver alone. I don't drink fucking Boone's Farm.

zuG

kiwifarms.net
I'll say it again.

(his name is inflation)
This is only true if silver was currently priced accurately, which it is not. Silver is seriously undervalued. Its historic ratio was 1:8 with gold and in the early 1900s it was artificially fixed at 1:15. It is currently 1:80 or so.

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is only true if silver was currently priced accurately, which it is not. Silver is seriously undervalued. Its historic ratio was 1:8 with gold and in the early 1900s it was artificially fixed at 1:15. It is currently 1:80 or so.
I keep hearing this thrown around. Could there be other factors besides evil bankers being evil? Better mining technology and increased production?

zuG

kiwifarms.net
I keep hearing this thrown around. Could there be other factors besides evil bankers being evil? Better mining technology and increased production?
No. Silver is a byproduct of other metals and is not found on the surface. Surface gold is more abundant.

1647781584650.png

The total amount of silver mined each year, if divided equally to every person on the planet, would be about a single silver dime per person. The amount of raw earth you have to move just to get a single ounce of silver is insane. Most silver we hold in our hands today existed in various forms throughout human history and was not created during your lifetime. If you own an old silver coin there's a very good chance that silver was dug up centuries ago and melted down to serve new governments.

zuG

kiwifarms.net
I'm very hesitant about 'shilling' and I am very critical of things that I read. However, there is constant research into silver. It has several chemical properties that make it interesting and it has pharmaceutical applications in that it has natural antibacterial properties.

You can investigate publications into Silver and their scientific applications here:

But what we do know is that right now silver is considered an essential component of electric vehicle and solar panel production.

>Silver is essential in the production of both solar panels and EVs. Silver's conductivity and corrosion resistance make it necessary for conductors and electrodes; nearly every electrical connection in an EV uses silver and, in total, the auto sector uses 55 million ounces of it annually.2021. aug. 13.

Meanwhile, silver production has basically not increased at all in the last 100 years.

>24,000 metric tonnes of silver mined worldwide in 2021

55 million troy ounces = 1,710.69122 metric tonnes, or 14% of all silver mined in 2021 went into EV.

Meanwhile, with solar panels...
>Some professionals expect silver solar cell efficiency rates to level off from where they are currently. The material’s conductive properties are necessary for energy production, making it challenging for its complete removal. When evaluating its necessity for energy production, we must examine its conductive features.
>In the early 2000s, silver demand from the solar sector barely registered, making up less than a percent of silver demand. In 2019, the photovoltaic sector accounted for 10% of total silver demand, comprising 98.7 million ounces within total demand of 991.8 million ounces, according to Metals Focus data.

It's just a neat rock.
1647790510253.png

SphinxItOver

PLZ due teh n33tfull~!
kiwifarms.net
Just how much play does paper/certs/stocks have play on this ratio? Looking at the spot price history and blackrock groups closing dates seems to have some correlation but I hesitate to place cause on the investment groups when it could be a result of the spot prices.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
I'm very hesitant about 'shilling' and I am very critical of things that I read. However, there is constant research into silver. It has several chemical properties that make it interesting and it has pharmaceutical applications in that it has natural antibacterial properties.
Fun fact: Silver chains and chainmail were used by druids and other European "wise people" for thousands of years for this same purpose.
So you could get a big scrape or cut in a fight or whatever, then go to the old lady with the house that smells funny. She'd pour some boiled herbs over it then put silver on it and it would heal up all nice. Seems like magic, but it was just homemade disinfectant and the antimicrobial properties of silver.

No Batty Boys in Jamaica

Rude bwoy nah promote no nasty man, dem haffi dead
kiwifarms.net
No. Silver is a byproduct of other metals and is not found on the surface. Surface gold is more abundant.

View attachment 3089801

The total amount of silver mined each year, if divided equally to every person on the planet, would be about a single silver dime per person. The amount of raw earth you have to move just to get a single ounce of silver is insane. Most silver we hold in our hands today existed in various forms throughout human history and was not created during your lifetime. If you own an old silver coin there's a very good chance that silver was dug up centuries ago and melted down to serve new governments.
There are about 49 billion ounces of silver mined since 1493, and 40 billion of those ounces were mined after 1900. There's no block chain to track where silver came from, but if you have a piece, chances are most or all of it was mined in Latin America some time in the 1980s to the present, not during the 1400s-1900.

Godzilla1984

Skreeeonk!
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, silver is a byproduct from a lot of things.
Source: The gold district I work in is ridiculous for the silver content when selling the gold bars to the mint.

Botchy Galoop

Socially Distant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fun fact: Silver chains and chainmail were used by druids and other European "wise people" for thousands of years for this same purpose.
So you could get a big scrape or cut in a fight or whatever, then go to the old lady with the house that smells funny. She'd pour some boiled herbs over it then put silver on it and it would heal up all nice. Seems like magic, but it was just homemade disinfectant and the antimicrobial properties of silver.
It is still the antimicrobial of choice on most burn units. Wonderful stuff.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
There are about 49 billion ounces of silver mined since 1493, and 40 billion of those ounces were mined after 1900. There's no block chain to track where silver came from, but if you have a piece, chances are most or all of it was mined in Latin America some time in the 1980s to the present, not during the 1400s-1900.
Potosi!
Check out the history of Potosi if you're in a history mood. Between the native belief (read: factual understanding) that mercury was toxic, easy access to mercury, the town's elevation, and how the supply chain worked, the whole story is a trip.

Cup Noodle

Tch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's the same propaganda that' I've heard for over two decades.
Evil bankers are a part of it, but yes.

View attachment 3089801

Silver is an element and so it is not a byproduct of other metals. Silver is found on the surface. That's how most of the older silver mines started. Yes there are dedicated silver mines. Sunshine owns one of them. Gold and other cool metals are byproducts of that mining operation. Shure silver is a byproduct of many gold mining operations, but gold is a byproduct of many cobalt, titanium, copper, etc. operations. You'd be a fool to dig a billion dollar hole and not take advantage of every metal in it. If gold was so abundant on the surface the big companies would be panning in the creeks of Alabama instead of constructing mine shafts or digging huge open pits.

You can investigate publications into Silver and their scientific applications here:

But what we do know is that right now silver is considered an essential component of electric vehicle and solar panel production.

>Silver is essential in the production of both solar panels and EVs. Silver's conductivity and corrosion resistance make it necessary for conductors and electrodes; nearly every electrical connection in an EV uses silver and, in total, the auto sector uses 55 million ounces of it annually.2021. aug. 13.

Meanwhile, silver production has basically not increased at all in the last 100 years.

>24,000 metric tonnes of silver mined worldwide in 2021

55 million troy ounces = 1,710.69122 metric tonnes, or 14% of all silver mined in 2021 went into EV.

Meanwhile, with solar panels...
>Some professionals expect silver solar cell efficiency rates to level off from where they are currently. The material’s conductive properties are necessary for energy production, making it challenging for its complete removal. When evaluating its necessity for energy production, we must examine its conductive features.
>In the early 2000s, silver demand from the solar sector barely registered, making up less than a percent of silver demand. In 2019, the photovoltaic sector accounted for 10% of total silver demand, comprising 98.7 million ounces within total demand of 991.8 million ounces, according to Metals Focus data.

It's just a neat rock.
View attachment 3090109
If you're going to post a screaming chicken, at least post a based one
20220321_215011_HDR - Copy.jpg

That's a money clip that I carry in public. The clip is rhodium plated sterling with 24k gold inserts and a 5 Reich's Mark silver coin Gorilla Glued to it.
Tricks on you. I have a 10oz bar of silver from a shipwreck that I know came from India. Estimates of pre industrial mining are shit, but I know one thing. A shit ton of the silver mined in the 20th century ended up in camera film and eventually washed down the drain and into the ocean never to be recovered again.

ditto

kiwifarms.net
Just re-watched From Russia With Love the other day and started researching gold sovereigns. About $500 each and still recognized as legal tender in the UK, portable and easy to store and should be much easier to trade if crypto and paper many zeros out.