$ (Au, Ag, Pt) Precious Metals - Gold, Silver, and the Platinum family of metals

Is gold nice

• Yes

Votes: 104 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters

zuG

kiwifarms.net
That's the same propaganda that' I've heard for over two decades.
Yeah, and it's never stopped being true. It's remarkable how long they've kept the economy propped up despite it serving nobody and having the faith of nobody.

By the way, /pmg/ on /biz/ sucks. How do we grow this board without attracting shitskin pajeets?

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
Just re-watched From Russia With Love the other day and started researching gold sovereigns. About $500 each and still recognized as legal tender in the UK, portable and easy to store and should be much easier to trade if crypto and paper many zeros out.
Where to acquire such things besides stores irl?

Hecate

My skin crawlith
kiwifarms.net
anyone purchase from old silver recently? wanted to place an order there but unsure if they're even able to ship to the US anymore because of the sanctions

updoot farmer

kiwifarms.net
anyone purchase from old silver recently? wanted to place an order there but unsure if they're even able to ship to the US anymore because of the sanctions

Russia post is eternally slow, and there are no flights out of russia so packages gotta schlep it by rail to europe and only then get on a ship or a plane, but the sanctions said nothing about mail. except of course USPS not accepting certain mail *to* Russia. Anecdotaly, packages *from* Russia are about 4x slower than the usual snails' pace, but some shit is still getting delivered. The big problem they're gonna have is with taking your money.

According to some russki news sites, (https://www.bfm.ru/news/495009) Russian post is accepting all international packages, so in theory shit should work.

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
If you are going to invest into the metals BECAREFUL Right now there is a large spike on fraud in the gold market.

I used to directly invest into Silver, Copper, Aluminum just like I invested into wheat and food stuffs. You have to do your homework. I did okay as I did not lose my shirt. I had a small profit but to me it was just not my thing.

The same goes with Day trading, Took too much of my time for the amount of gain.
Some people enjoy this stuff and more power to them if they can make it work.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
If you are going to invest into the metals BECAREFUL Right now there is a large spike on fraud in the gold market.

I used to directly invest into Silver, Copper, Aluminum just like I invested into wheat and food stuffs. You have to do your homework. I did okay as I did not lose my shirt. I had a small profit but to me it was just not my thing.

The same goes with Day trading, Took too much of my time for the amount of gain.
Some people enjoy this stuff and more power to them if they can make it work.
Seconding the "be careful". Only buy from reputable sources and if you have the option, find a "guy". Not a "cash for gold" guy, but a jeweler or or someone similar with a personal stake in making sure things are real.

♦️ King of Diamonds ♦️

"One fucked up individual!" - Mandarr
kiwifarms.net
So I'm hoping for some advice: I've had something of a long-term goal to save $500 every month and put it into my savings account, slowly building up over time until I have 3 month's expenses covered as an "emergency fund". However- whenever I have a spare $50 or $100 I have gone to the local coin shop (which doesn't charge too much over spot price) and bought silver quarters- and slowly over time I've built up two rolls worth (so about 80 silver quarters). I just reached the point where I have enough in my saving's account to cover one month's expenses ($2000), but I've heard alot of speculation that the price of Gold is going to skyrocket because the Russian Central Bank is setting a fixed price of gold again (and I, as only a US citizen, am forbidden by law from buying Russian gold unfortunately). I thought about taking the $2000 I have and buying a 1 oz Gold Kruggerand- but that wipes out my entire emergency fund. Yay or nay? Also- I just got approved for my first credit card (Discover Cash Back) and I'm thinking about buying $50 or $100 worth of silver quarters with that a month and paying that off early (before it accumulates interest) in order to both increase my silver stack and build credit. Yay or nay?

Depths of Homolust

kiwifarms.net
I thought about taking the $2000 I have and buying a 1 oz Gold Kruggerand- but that wipes out my entire emergency fund.
Two things:

1. Your information is outdated. Russia stopped buying gold at a fixed price more than a month ago because it turns out that telling people you're going to buy a commodity at a fixed price for a fixed interval is retarded. Anyone telling you that Russia is still buying gold is either misinformed or actively trying to misinform you to get you to buy gold.

2. Don't wipe out your emergency fund, because the second you do that you'll have an emergency of some kind. It's a fundamental law of the universe that something bad happens whenever you tempt fate like that. In a couple of months you'll look at your income and think "I didn't empty out my emergency fund and nothing bad happened!" but that's simply a trick the demiurge plays on reality to trap you in debt forever and keep you from achieving gnosis.

By all means buy gold, build credit, and stay out of debt, but don't cut into your emergency fund for it. It took you four months to get to where it is now, and if you empty it now it'll take you a full year to reach your goal of having three months of expenses saved up.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
So I'm hoping for some advice: I've had something of a long-term goal to save $500 every month and put it into my savings account, slowly building up over time until I have 3 month's expenses covered as an "emergency fund". However- whenever I have a spare $50 or $100 I have gone to the local coin shop (which doesn't charge too much over spot price) and bought silver quarters- and slowly over time I've built up two rolls worth (so about 80 silver quarters). I just reached the point where I have enough in my saving's account to cover one month's expenses ($2000), but I've heard alot of speculation that the price of Gold is going to skyrocket because the Russian Central Bank is setting a fixed price of gold again (and I, as only a US citizen, am forbidden by law from buying Russian gold unfortunately). I thought about taking the $2000 I have and buying a 1 oz Gold Kruggerand- but that wipes out my entire emergency fund. Yay or nay?
Seconding @Depths of Homolust. Your emergency fund should be liquid enough that you can actually use it for emergencies.
Things like gold coins are better for locking up value. Crypto can tank; companies (stock) can go out of business; but while metal doesn't appreciate as quickly, it's also not going anywhere unless someone steals it. Your quarters will still exist no matter what the economy does.

Also- I just got approved for my first credit card (Discover Cash Back) and I'm thinking about buying $50 or $100 worth of silver quarters with that a month and paying that off early (before it accumulates interest) in order to both increase my silver stack and build credit. Yay or nay?
Nay.
Do get the card, but don't buy the silver until you have more savings.
To pass along some advice from my dad: When you first get a credit card, only buy cheap things like a pair of socks each month or a latte. Then pay it off in full. This will show you know how to use the card and build up a history of payments, but you never "push" the amount you borrow from the credit card company.

Uncle June

Go shit in your hat
kiwifarms.net
I'll echo the two above me, NEVER compromise your emergency fund for non emergency purposes. It is the only thing saving you the vast majority of the time, especially In a recession.

Having a years savings just in case you lose work is worth its weight in gold, and provides not only necessities costs, but peace of mind.

I know investing seems tempting right now, and you'd be right to think that a recession is generally the best time to invest. However, there are so many factors, all of which you have zero control over, that determine whether or not now is the peak time to invest In a certain asset. Don't put too much stock in something because it seems like it's "hot" (look at crypto in early 2021, lol).

Im not saying you cant take responsible yolo investing risks, but build yourself a safety net before you start throwing dollars around. At least then if you fuck up you'll land a lot softer than some of these reddit-tards that dumped all of their life savings in some stupid shit like TerraLuna and lost their shirts.

Cupronickel

Ready or not, I'm the illegitimate son of God!
kiwifarms.net
here's a little secret: you can sometimes get free silver by looking in the reject trays of coinstar machines. i found this '64 quarter a few months ago. yes you'll look like a jew doing it but who cares.
Untitled.png

Job the Long-Suffering

Hearken to me and be astonished
kiwifarms.net
For silver coins, these are as good as it gets. Also available in 1kg size.
I have one of those, as well as the five ounce bar. Out of what I have, it's definitely my favorite bar. The details are really good.

Sorry for the low quality image, I'll have to take some real pictures of some silver sometime soon but, this is a piece I've wanted for a long time, always wanted one from the first minting year but those are a little too pricey for me since I'm MOSTLY focused on stacking bullion right now. The 2016 will do.

IMG_20220609_215533~2.jpg

Here's a high quality image of the design (not my specific coin)
2016_s1oz_ArchangelMichael_GemBU_obv.jpg

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
I have one of those, as well as the five ounce bar. Out of what I have, it's definitely my favorite bar. The details are really good.

Sorry for the low quality image, I'll have to take some real pictures of some silver sometime soon but, this is a piece I've wanted for a long time, always wanted one from the first minting year but those are a little too pricey for me since I'm MOSTLY focused on stacking bullion right now. The 2016 will do.

View attachment 3390976

Here's a high quality image of the design (not my specific coin)
View attachment 3391006

Seems like Ukraine actually summoned him