Snowflake Aubrey Ahna / Aubs / aubreys.healing.journey / Aubrey Winkie - Pretends to be sick for money, Spoonie, Munchie, Claims to have over 20 diseases

mooserangerofthenorth

kiwifarms.net
Oh it makes perfect sense. Her insurance company finally figured out she’s a munchie and she’s under investigation. Do any medical kiwis know what happens if they deem her procedures unnecessary? Would she have to pay back money or would she just no longer get coverage?
With the new US laws it's really hard to boot someone off insurnace, if not impossible. However, they can make her life a living hell going forward - forcing prior auth and certs for every medication and test she wants.

Yes, the hospitals charge her and because of the circumstance she would be a "need to talk to financial counselor" for every appointment forcing her to pay a portion of every appointment.

It would force her to ulitze the emergency room more but they would have to have without a doubt have a good reason to admit her, no 'soft admits'.

She could also possibly face doctor shopping (for drugs) charges as many states now do turn over when a patients opioid rx history is inconsistent.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
With the new US laws it's really hard to boot someone off insurnace, if not impossible. However, they can make her life a living hell going forward - forcing prior auth and certs for every medication and test she wants.
This seems like legal action is being taken against her or that she's doing it herself, though. Yeah insurance will definitely flag you once utilization management catches on but it's rare for them to actual take legal action against the insured. Mainly because lol good fucking luck convincing jurors (who hate health insurance companies by default) that utilization management is good. And people who don't work in the industry generally don't understand concepts like overtesting anyway.

However, I think she has group insurance through her husband, who gets it through the university. If the university is self-insured (which they probably are, assuming it's a large university) then they were the ones paying for the treatment. The health insurance company only acts as a plan manager in this case. They do, however, have a duty to the university to make sure munchies aren't eating all of their money. Otherwise the university would just go with another plan manager who would.

Basically, I see either:

1. She lawyered up because she went past the annual out-of-pocket limit and the health insurance company said no. Now she's trying to fight it (she did tweet something about this a while back.)

2. The health insurance company is going after her for fraud in order to recoup the money they paid to providers on her behalf. This is rare as hell.

Ihatechildren

Is black friday canceled now ?
kiwifarms.net
I have been aware of Aubrey for several years because she is local to my county but I have never asked if she gets ssid or medicare . If she isn't she could be applying and therefore deleting things that look suspicious. If she is already on it she might be up for recertificatation and is worried about renewal . Just a guess because I see this often when scammers apply for various benefits.

Medicaid and Medicare is usually where people like her run after their insurance companies start requiring prior authorization and refusing to pay for procedures . I have had people file for divorce and legal separation to get benefits like foodstamps and tnaf.

Lysenko

Soviet Geneticist
kiwifarms.net
I have been aware of Aubrey for several years because she is local to my county but I have never asked if she gets ssid or medicare . If she isn't she could be applying and therefore deleting things that look suspicious. If she is already on it she might be up for recertificatation and is worried about renewal . Just a guess because I see this often when scammers apply for various benefits.

Medicaid and Medicare is usually where people like her run after their insurance companies start requiring prior authorization and refusing to pay for procedures . I have had people file for divorce and legal separation to get benefits like foodstamps and tnaf.
I know for sure she had had blue cross blue sheild of texas up until now through her husband's employment. So if she's going on medicaid or disability is has to be recent. Her husband may make too much money for medicaid, and Aubrey has never worked a real job so would likely not qualify for SSDI but maybe she's trying to get SSI. (The difference is you pay into SSDI through years of employment and you can't get it without previously paying into it for a certain number of years.) SSI is what people like Chris Chan get for always being too exceptional to have a real job and like SSD it comes with medicare access.
So how legendary is Aubs locally in your county?

Last edited:

nothingtoseehere

kiwifarms.net
If we are wildly theorising, it is possible that she is no longer on her husband's insurance if she no longer has a husband. If she is trying to get SSI that might be why. Hard to tell as his social media has been very locked down and his presence on her social media minimal for the past 12 months.

M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
If we are wildly theorising, it is possible that she is no longer on her husband's insurance if she no longer has a husband. If she is trying to get SSI that might be why. Hard to tell as his social media has been very locked down and his presence on her social media minimal for the past 12 months.
You’d think she’d have mention this though, as it would add even more to her story for pitybux.

The story of “my husband left me because of my chronic illness” is bound to hit a few heart strings.

Aural Offramp

four glorious pixels of cock
kiwifarms.net

Just caught up with this thread but man alive she does get excited about this doesn't she? The above list is a super standard process to any IV infusion. Oral Premeds can include things like paracetamol or antihistamines so pretty standard OTC meds. IV fluids are just saline and then steroids (just hydrocortisone, another OTC med) are injected into those as a further precaution against an allergic reaction. The Benedryl is just an additional precaution against an allergic reaction though tbh I think a lot of infusion clinics use it because it keeps patients quiet and dopey. I'm assuming that the IVIG is her actual med though I'm unsure what that stands for, zofran to prevent vomiting during the after affects of the drug, and finally IV fluids to "Flush the line" ie: to get the last of the actual meds into the patient instead of in the tubes. The only thing I wonder is why they are using so many allergy precautions... That said I'm sure she would complain of allergy symptoms to get attention and draw out the whole affair so that sort of answers my question.

tl;dr:
This is a super normal IV set up, nothing special. Millions of people who get IV medication to function normally do this regimen every week to every 10 weeks and don't take photos because they aren't seeking asspats from the uninitiated online.

Ihatechildren

Is black friday canceled now ?
kiwifarms.net
I discovered this person when my mother had her stroke in 2015 ( at 39 ffs) and was in er after Aubrey but went ahead of her because my mother had a legitimate illness. I think she was there for a stomach ache or digestive issue that certainly wasn't an emergency .Apparently she had been there enough that she felt like everyone was to automatically know who she was ,what 20 medical conditions she had and to just fast track her on in ahead of accident victims and potential stroke patients. Really I had no idea that late stage chronic lyme disease was a thing until I looked up who she is.

The GoFundMe campaign that she had started for her raised a lot of money because people in the area that are part of the chronic illness community will share this crap when it is someone new or still liked . However she has definitely worn out her welcome by badmouthing doctors ,claiming other people will various illnesses aren't really sick and doing that article about being desperately ill whilst others were faking because some celebrity got Lyme Disease. After a while all of the people like her go at eachother over who is the sickest and accusing eachother of faking.

There are so many people like her now in Austin that are already screwy enough as it is and when you add the attention seeking for chronic illness they become intolerable. I had almost forgotten she exists until I saw her on here and reading up more on her only makes me further believe she injures herself and induces infections by introducing certain biological materials and waste to her wounds and various tubes.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I'm assuming that the IVIG is her actual med though I'm unsure what that stands for
It's an incredibly expensive transfusion of antibodies (IgA, IgE, etc.) commonly used to treat autoimmune diseases or immunodeficiency like PIDD/CVID. The internet munchies seem to have figured out how to get a PIDD diagnosis so they're all on IVIg.

If Aubrey was actually immune deficient then practically living in the hospital like she does would be a death sentence. Nosocomial infections kill a surprising amount of patients.

Aural Offramp

four glorious pixels of cock
kiwifarms.net
It's an incredibly expensive transfusion of antibodies (IgA, IgE, etc.) commonly used to treat autoimmune diseases or immunodeficiency like PIDD/CVID. The internet munchies seem to have figured out how to get a PIDD diagnosis so they're all on IVIg.

If Aubrey was actually immune deficient then practically living in the hospital like she does would be a death sentence. Nosocomial infections kill a surprising amount of patients.
Oh! So it's like a mab family type medication? Man those things can mess you up long term: higher cancer and the potential to affect your liver, not something you want to mess around with.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I wish we could find out if she’s being investigated or what...there is NO WAY a munchie as extreme as Aubrey would just stop posting about her health. She had doctors cut her torso in half. Something has chased her off, I want to know what, damnit.
Yeah, it's not like munchies suddenly get bored of it or anything. It's a mental pathology. She complained about being bullied but also linked her other IGs where...her bullies could easily follow her so that explanation doesn't make any sense.

I assume she's under investigation but unfortunately I don't have LexisNexis access anymore since I switched careers. Some Kiwi that does could find out, though.

lamp shade

Sitting on a goldmine of talent
kiwifarms.net
Nothing exciting, but she had to make sure to get that medical bracelet in there.3A3CBEC2-BB7F-4560-BEB7-D75963E4E05F.jpeg Also, not sure it’s been posted here, but this is what is on the fake account she referenced. She does need medical attention now from that serious burn.AE210724-2F53-463D-B2D5-40D862067854.jpeg

Aubs was back in the hospital. No additional info yet though.678655

Yutyrannus

Unwoke Dinosaur
kiwifarms.net
If her diabetes was supposedly cured, and her POTS isn't real, wtf kind of medical alert is that dog supposedly trained for?

Also the patch on the middle panel of the vest is upside down lol

Lysenko

Soviet Geneticist
kiwifarms.net
Aubs updates since the social media purge:
surprisingly, in a facebook post she says she's eating

Awkwardly, our recently dearly departed Jaquie commented on this one:

Aubs posted a chronic illness article on FB:

Don't get your hopes up about Aubs abandoning the munch life: in her recent photos you can see a glimpse of the port she still has. at least she has mostly moved on to posting pictures of her dogs and less direct looking for asspats.