• "The Kiwi Farms's dimwitted contrivances are in full flower, and their poisonous petals of diabolism are blooming all around us."

Skitzocow Augustus Sol Invictus / Austin GillespieCrazy Lawyer and Failed Politician, Kicked Out of Libertarian Party

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Picklechu, Jun 4, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

1. I hate his fake shit hybrid accent. Some 1880's upper class brit mixed with fucking general Lee? Because those two regional dialects interacted all the time.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Actually upper class southern men would have often went to school in Britain which led to a distinct antebellum southern rich male accent. Still no reason to try to revive it though

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    autisticdragonkin

autisticdragonkin Deep in the Ocean Engineering Thoughts
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Is it bad that I actually kind of agree with him? I actually kind of admire the guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Hyperion

Hyperion Pillar of Light
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. There are piles of yanked quotes stuffed in there and it's driving me nuts because I can't place a single one since he's cut them up to put his own words on them.

I get what he's trying to say, but it's just comical coming from him. It would hold more weight being said by Miley Cyrus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Bassomatic

Bassomatic Scribe of the loveshies
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. dude is trolling the fucking world. i love it

he's doing what we kiwis wish we could do, he's fucking with the entire establishment.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Hyperion

Hyperion Pillar of Light
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I'd love him to sneak plugs for his law practice in, 4 SCORE AND 7 YEARS AGO, CALL ME ABOUT YOUR TAX PROBLEMS OR DWI!

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. that would be hilarious

• Agree Agree x 2
    Hyperion

Hyperion Pillar of Light
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I like that loony libertards are complaining that he is making them look even crazier.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous HO HO HO YOU HOS
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  9. So this guy graduated law school?

... Guess even crazy people can get their shit together.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Sanae Kochiya

Sanae Kochiya afk Shrine Maiden
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Reminds me of the old joke about the guys in the nut house solving a problem for a passing motorist, the punch line goes something like this "I'm crazy not stupid"

Also, as someone who went to school for a long time (not for a JD) you HAVE to be insane to put yourself through that :P

• Agree Agree x 3
    Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I'm not gonna lie, that's actually a pretty powerful speech, but you'd think that he'd be able to get a better mic on a lawyer's salary...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    RepQuest

RepQuest Unfunny

kiwifarms.net
  12. To me that speech felt inspiring but just so cliched and meaningless that I didn't have any real substantial reaction to it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    autisticdragonkin

autisticdragonkin Deep in the Ocean Engineering Thoughts
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Is he a Klansman? Then he could brag that he's "a Wizard under the sheets"!

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    PurpleSquirrel

PurpleSquirrel "He who dies with the most stories, wins."

kiwifarms.net
  14. He's a wizard all right.

• Agree Agree x 1
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  15. I finally got around to watching some of his videos.

Is Augustus a wacko, a sick person, an edgelord or a troll? I'd say... neither. I was at first tempted to compare him to King Peter Fitzek, another political lolcow. But as Augustus pointed out in one of his speeches: Politics usually gets dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, and this is the great difference between Peter and Augustus: Peter has a very low degree of education and thus he managed to attract a number of people to his silly little kingdom by appealing to a dumbed-down mishmash of extreme right-wing and extreme left-wing positions. Augustus on the other hand seems to be more similar to Lyndon Hermile LaRouche.

He's neither crazy nor a troll -- he's a man who lives in his own world; a world where politics isn't some trite stream of debates, breaking news and propaganda, but a thundering world-shaking tragedy acted out by larger-than-life heroic giants, Plato's "Golden Souls" or philosopher-kings. This world is very far removed from the real world of politics, but neither Augustus nor Lyndon is impressed by this -- if reality is un-heroic, than reality better change!

It remains to be seen whether Augustus manages to attract a gaggle of followers like LaRouche did. His positions and demeanor don't have much to do with Libertarianism (if anything he's a sort of "aristocrat" in the Platonic sense, that is, "aristocracy" as an elite of philosophers), he probably just chose that party to have a platform on which to run. He probably should start his own movement like LaRouche did...

"The riffraff? Pah! Rienzi is who makes them knights; take Rienzi from them and they turn back into what they have been."

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DykesDykesChina

DykesDykesChina Human/Science

kiwifarms.net
  16. @DykesDykesChina: It's long seemed to me that the farther out you go on the ideological spectrum, the less your "politics" resembles practical work for reasonable goals, and the more it comes off as performance art and/or public group-therapy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    PurpleSquirrel

PurpleSquirrel "He who dies with the most stories, wins."

kiwifarms.net
  17. Augustus responds to the vicious lies of the Florida Libertarian Party:
    Source

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Hat

Hat Tranny Sayaka Miki
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Augustus Invictus is in fact more educated than Lyndon LaRouche. LaRouche is mostly self-taught, I think he attended college but never graduated, because he felt that he was smarter than his teachers.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Big Nasty

Big Nasty <BEER FARTS>

kiwifarms.net
  19. One of these days someone needs to get around to doing a thread about old Ver, or just the cryptocurrency community in general. The shit surrounding him is maddness. It should also be noted he served 10 months for selling low grade explosives and storing them in an apartment building.

I would, but frankly it's such a long, confusing mess that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Strelok

Strelok Perfectly Cromulent Poster

kiwifarms.net
  20. I think I may do that. bitcointalk.org is probably the community where the most insanity goes on.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net