• ”So, I might have a girlfriend. She's 24. We met at psychiatric intake.”

Culture Austin mayor takes a stance against flags by not going to a parade in a bold moveUpset about Confederate flags in Texas, lol.

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Y2K Baby, Aug 9, 2018 at 5:40 PM.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aus...e-flags-will-fly_20180312074435227/1031401220

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 3
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    #1 Y2K Baby, Aug 9, 2018 at 5:40 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018 at 7:54 PM
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Swore this said autistic mayor at first.

• Like Like x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster Spring forward, fall back.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Meanwhile in Washington state...

DgjRBb4W0AEGoZO.jpg
    No fucks given... not even by police.

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Haven't we already been through this whole autistic screeching about the confederate flag before? Just seems like another dipshit trying to drum up outrage out of thin air so he can score brownie points with his voter base

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Feels Feels x 1
    SadClownMan

SadClownMan I'm probaly going to hell for that.

kiwifarms.net
  5. Who cares? All the veterans are dead now. It's a shameful period of American history.

Monuments and the like should stay, but it shouldn't be actively glorified or anything.

On that note:

I don't like the Sons of Confederate Veterans/UDC. They're racial rabblerousers on the order of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but for white people.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Tranhuviya

Tranhuviya I'm Jews

kiwifarms.net
  6. I mean, that applies to a lot of them being celebrated though.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Y2K Baby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. For what it's worth Confederate veterans were considered repatriated to the US. Is he under the impression that you had a lot of choice in choosing which side you fought on? Because at the start of the war most didn't have that luxury. Some did get to choose and some changed sides during the war (punishable by death, per Company Aytch). But the luxury of choice was a very rare one. You may as well have asked to choose your place of birth.

No Civil War soldier was born under the stars and bars.

And that's my Shelby Foote impression for the day.

• Feels Feels x 7
    #7 The Shadow, Aug 9, 2018 at 6:18 PM
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM
    The Shadow

The Shadow The Case of the Antagonistic Autodialer

kiwifarms.net
  8. I can't believe a mod edited out my snarky comments. I'm going to protest this entire website until this is changed. Also, fuck veterans.

• Feels Feels x 2
    Y2K Baby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. It's Austin, the wanna-be California city of Texas.

I'm surprised he didn't try this sooner.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. Confederate veterans have been legally considered US veterans since like the 20s.

It's also extremely shitty taste to give a middle finger to your constituents and states' history over pointless virtue signaling, but I expect nothing more out of CURRENT YEAR politicians.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Mayor in this town means diddly shit to be honest. Hell I never even care who is the mayor except for the one who assaulted a guy about 10 years ago who was one of those Mayors Against Illegal Guns fags.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Be careful, someone will cite Snopes and tell you you're full of shit. What ACTUALLY happened is that the US government was trying to rebuild good relations with the former Confederate states and extended all the benefits afforded to US veterans to them. So they were like "hey, you're all veterans! You get all this money and benefits! That's cool, right?"

But Confederate veterans were like "yeah, nah, fuck off, we weren't veterans of the United States military we were Confederate soldiers" because the "THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN" sentiment was strong. So the US government said that was cool, you can be Confederates, but we will still give you all these benefits anyway and recognize Confederate cemeteries and landmarks. We won't say these are landmarks of the United States, but of the Confederate States.

It's just a naming game. Confederate veterans got the exact same benefits and recognition under the law as Union veterans, but they dropped the "United States military veteran" bit from all the legislation because Confederate veterans were offended and told them to fuck off, they didn't want 'em.

As for Austin, it's not even really Texan anymore. It's loaded with immigrants from the west coast and other states because the idiotic state government thinks "more businesses = more jobs for Texans" when these businesses just bring their current employees into Texas and not assimilate. When I was in Houston, there was a guy from LA I worked with and he was bitching that his kid wanted a diesel truck for his 16th birthday instead of something more environmentally friendly.

• Feels Feels x 2
    Commander Keen

Commander Keen in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  13. Gotta love Eastern Washington.

• Feels Feels x 1
    GnomeofDoc

GnomeofDoc What? I like weird old guns.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.