• ”the Bitcoin Bikers are on their way you can't hide in the Philippines forever.”

Australia considering ban on migrants living in largest citiesFuck off, Sydney's full

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Burgers in the ass, Oct 10, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...y-melbourne-brisbane-alan-tudge-a8576926.html
    If this ban comes through it's got to be the whole of Victoria and most of New South Wales, not gonna do shit if migrants bypass this by moving to Newcastle or Wollongong and working in Sydney.

• Winner Winner x 23
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Burgers in the ass

Burgers in the ass I have 10 of them in my ass pls help

kiwifarms.net
  2. Anything to keep sand niggers at bay is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    A Hot Tranny

A Hot Tranny yeah... oh, no shame, no shame in these farts
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. But if we got rid of borders, world GDP would double in a year. Why do you hate money so much? Your car is Chinese, your food is German, your fridge is Mexican, your airplane is Saudi Arabian, and your wife is an Aboriginal. Get. Over. It. Already.

•  x 9
    • Winner  x 3
    • Agree  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. "It would class five cities – Darwin, Perth, Hobart, Adelaide and Canberra – as regional centres for migrants to settle in."

AKA - We've let in too many people to our cities and now they're overfilled. So instead of recognising we need to ease up on migration in general and let infrastructure catch up. We'll just ship the problem to other cities.
    Get lost. We don't have any jobs over here either. You've stuffed up your cities and we don't want the same issue happening here.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 4
    knux

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Australia is one of the most unfriendly countries for expats. Oz makes a ton of money off foreign workers through brutal tyrannical taxes that buttfucks anyone stupid enough to work for a company that sends them to Australia for any sort of work.

So I’m thinking this is another effort for Australia to make more money off foreign workers. I wouldn’t read too much into this.

• Informative Informative x 9
    Commander Keen

Commander Keen in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  6. Australia and its cities are empty. Sydney (metropolitan area) has 5 million people, but they are spread out over large area. Population density is whopping 1000 people/km^2. Sounds like a lot, right? Nah. New York City is 10,000 people/km^2. Cairo is 19,000/km^2. Paris and Mumbai (megacity) are 21,000/km^2. Australia has fewer people than the state of Texas and covers almost as much land as the "lower 48".

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. ... much of which is useless desert.

• Agree Agree x 11
    Glad I couldn't help

Glad I couldn't help I would rather watch

kiwifarms.net
  8. Because it is not like an island has coast land nor was irrigation invented millions of years ago...

Keep in mind that much of the US, Canada, Russia, China, and other large countries is useless and uninhabitable, too. Australia still has more than enough room for millions and millions of people.
    20% is most. Where did you learn to math? Australia? Lower 48 states are 5% desert. Nearly a quarter of the North American continent is covered by mountains. This idea that Australia is somehow worse off is silly nonsense, I say.

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    #8 idosometimes, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Most of Australia is inhospitable desert.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. [​IMG]
    20%, he says.

• Like Like x 7
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  11. The best place to put 'migrants' is a crematorium.

• Like  x 2
    • Agree  x 2
    • Dumb  x 2
    • Informative  x 1
    •  x 1
    • Islamic Content  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    JohnDoe

JohnDoe A hyena with a knife is spooky, right?

kiwifarms.net
  12. Desert has an actual geographic meaning based on precipitation. Mostly implies more than half at a minimum. Most of Australia is not desert. It is habitable (even if semi-arid), but people have no reason to live there because low population means no pressure to move away from a few "large" metropolitan areas.

Compare Australia to other parts of the world (say like 'round the equator) where larger populations force people to make use of mesic and even xeric lands.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. >"Australia considers banning new migrants from living in largest cities"

>"the minister for cities wants to limit the number of immigrants to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane...", "The new plan would affect the roughly 40 per cent of migrants..."

[thinking emoji]

They already incentivise immigrants to move to regional cities like Woollongong or Sheparton; all this proposition amounts to is pretty much just tweaking those policies. (Not that I think it's very likely to happen- sounds more like a "throw it out there and see how people react" thing)

An actual complete and total shutdown of all immigration to Melbourne and Sydney (like the headline implies) would never fly with either of the mainstream Australian parties.

If policies like that produced votes in Australia, One Nation and/or Australia First would be credible threats to the two party system, instead of irrelevant novelty acts, taken about as seriously than the Greens (probly less tbh).

• 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    Snuckening

Snuckening Bottom text

kiwifarms.net
  14. I was reading about this yesterday. The other side of the argument is idiots who want to increase the populations of Sydney and Melbourne to around 8 million. Some idiot made the argument that 30% of people in Sydney now live in apartments so increasing population density is cool. The fact that many don't live in apartments by choice seems to have become irrelevant.

• DRINK DRINK x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. that was my first thought... won't it just push them out into rural and suburban areas? cosmopolitan city dwellers are the ones who want these people in western countries to begin with. why shouldn't they be the ones who have to deal with them?

• Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    SuperDeeDuper

SuperDeeDuper it's a show stoppin' Zany kind of popcorn!

kiwifarms.net
  16. I mean you can still live in it, there are people living in death valley, it's just kind of difficult.

• DRINK DRINK x 2
    Ron /pol/

Ron /pol/ my.mixtape.moe/fmazxh.webm

kiwifarms.net
  17. Let's not forget Australia was originally inhabited by abbos and prisoners presumably because normal people didn't want to live there. Maybe saying inhospitable desert is not technically accurate but they still have a point.

• DRINK DRINK x 2
    melty

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. You've already got a heap of people who commute from the mountains or the Central Coast and it's driven housing costs up dramatically on the Central Coast in particular. Sydney proper already has a problem with inadequate infrastructure and pushing more people north or south will just expand that problem to the regional areas within commuting distance.

I'm also skeptical of the claimed skills shortages. Even if they do exist, there's plenty of time to train/retrain current citizens before the Boomer bulge hits full stride. If you try to solve the problem through immigration, you're going to be stuck with the increased population density long after the last Boomer is dead.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. I fully support sending all those poor Sub-Saharan African refugees to Canberra for "at least a few years". Not the other cities, though. They can stay the fuck away from my city. They've already turned our nightlife area into a fight club so bad that all of my cop friends and most of my other friends won't go there on weekends anymore.

• DRINK DRINK x 2
    Furina

Furina Centerfold

kiwifarms.net
  20. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.