Australian Government and private sector reportedly hit by massive cyber attack - Shitposting in danger

the clap

kiwifarms.net
A major cyber attack targeting the Australian Government and private sector has reportedly been detected.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison is set to hold a press conference this morning to discuss the details.
Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese says the government has invited Labor to take part in a security briefing.

Not many details yet, no idea who is behind it (it was probably the Chinese again, like 9 months ago)

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol, this is less than a week after the DDOS attack that "wasn't a DDOS attack" on most American cell carries.

Wonder where the third attack will hit?

• Agree
Reactions: Pissmaster

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
I would EMP Silicon Valley before either Russia or China.
Let's meet half way and do all three.

*edit
I guess I don't need to double post.

Oooooooooo, that sounds fun.
Yeah back in a previous decade there were all kinds of goofy do-it-yourself "computer killers" that involved splicing power into ports that had no fucking need for it. Mostly as a joke on the old internet. A real life ZAP command, if you will.

Nowadays they have these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_Killer

(in Minecraft)

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Cast Iron Pan

Shugo

kiwifarms.net
I would EMP Silicon Valley before either Russia or China.

Oh an Amazon DDOS too?

I'm starting to think this is Chinese retaliation and attempt to slowly the recovery of European, North American, and the Australian economies as we have converted a huge amount of our commerce onto the internet.

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net

Oh an Amazon DDOS too?

I'm starting to think this is Chinese retaliation and attempt to slowly the recovery of European, North American, and the Australian economies as we have converted a huge amount of our commerce onto the internet.
That's a more dangerous game for the Chinese to play. The West has hundreds of years of infrastructure to fall back upon. Even if some of it is in disrepair, we have it.

Most of China was farmland and shit for the last few hundred years. Their great advantage is that they can leapfrog a lot of our older built-up infrastructure and build new digital infrastructure without the need to consider the displacement of the old. If China wants to disrupt the digital infrastructure in the West, they can expect the same treatment in kind. Except in China there won't be enough of a cushion to fall back upon when everything blue screens in their faces.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like we've reached a point where the media should start clarifying DDoS attacks versus actual intrusion. This headline basically means nothing and sounds like a bunch of boomers who forgot their password claiming they're being "CYBER ATTACKED".

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man it sure is a good thing that we've got internet connected computer systems in our lightbulbs and refrigerators now because I'm such a lazy piece of shit that I can't get up to flick a switch to turn off my lamp and I don't care that I'm probably contributing to an unbelievably gigantic botnet powerful enough to DDOS entire first world countries

Ad Lib Moaning

kiwifarms.net

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
It would be a bold move for sure. But if they struck the mainland they would still have nearly a dozen aircraft carriers, a fleet of nuclear armed submarines, and lord knows what else just waiting to strike back.

I don't think China are quite that crazy. They have too much to lose. But if they did, their victory (if you could call it that) would be very short-lived. And then the world would end.

Reactions: Ad Lib Moaning

אΩ+1

The Aleph
kiwifarms.net

Oh an Amazon DDOS too?

Amazon as of 2019 controls 46 percent of the cloud infastucture on the internet.
amazon.png

• Informative
Reactions: Aberforth
Tags
None