Autist literally can't live without a certain sippy cup - #CupforBen

Valiant

Salty Space Bitch
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-16/cupforben-dad-searches-for-discontinued-cup-for-son-with-autism/8030412

#CupForBen: Father searches for discontinued blue cup for son with autism.

A UK father's search for a discontinued blue cup his son with severe autism drinks exclusively from has sparked responses from around the world.

Marc Carter said in a post on Twitter his son Ben, 14, has drunk from a blue Tommee Tippee two-handed cup since he was two years old.

But he said the cups disintegrated over time, rendering them unusable, and his current one did not have long left, after three years of use.

"People say he will drink when he's thirsty, but two emergency trips to A&E (accident and emergency department) with severe dehydration say otherwise.

"In all honesty we are really worried what will happen if [the cup] falls apart completely."

This fucking kid :story:

Positron

Lost at Dirac Sea
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Makes me wonder which is worse: having a genuinely low-functioning kid like this, who would occupy all your attention and exhaust you, but would not mean harm to anyone but himself; or someone like Phil, just high-functioning enough to cause mischief, squanders your money on stupid things, beats you up, and tells the world you rape him when you don't succumb to his demands.

Makes me wonder which is worse: having a genuinely low-functioning kid like this, who would occupy all your attention and exhaust you, but would not mean harm to anyone but himself; or someone like Phil, just high-functioning enough to cause mischief, squanders your money on stupid things, beats you up, and tells the world you rape him when you don't succumb to his demands.
It's shit like this that makes me genuinely consider getting a vasectomy right now just in case there's that d100 roll that lands a natural 1 when I do end up having kids and I'm saddled with one of the aforementioned options.

You hear a lot of parents of exceptional kids say stuff like it's rewarding or whatever but it really does look, from the outside, like it's literally a life of suffering for the parents.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Chris will leave 14 BC.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like Sonic's arms!

I do feel bad for the kid, though. I hope they can either find a cup or make him less spoiled...
The parents are probably reinforcing this behavior by panicking about this cup. Put this kid on an IV drip for a few months to a year, don't mention the cup, and he should be okay.

A Hotdog

3 times faster
kiwifarms.net
The parents are probably reinforcing this behavior by panicking about this cup. Put this kid on an IV drip for a few months to a year, don't mention the cup, and he should be okay.
I don't think it works like that, Often times those kids are stuck in a habbit that they almost literally can not break out of, and keeping someone on hydration IV while still being an active human is not done.

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember in middle school that whenever you saw a parent of one of the serious autists they always looked incredibly old and worn down. Having to deal with a screaming husk for years must take a heavy toll.

I read the news post. The child gets violent if you try to show him a cup that isn't the one he wants.

This human will never be anything other than a larger and stronger individual with violent impulses and outbursts.

I'm not a proponent of eugenics but when I see shit like this I really have second thoughts. What is the end goal of keeping this violent living vegetable alive?

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-16/cupforben-dad-searches-for-discontinued-cup-for-son-with-autism/8030412

#CupForBen: Father searches for discontinued blue cup for son with autism.

A UK father's search for a discontinued blue cup his son with severe autism drinks exclusively from has sparked responses from around the world.

Marc Carter said in a post on Twitter his son Ben, 14, has drunk from a blue Tommee Tippee two-handed cup since he was two years old.

But he said the cups disintegrated over time, rendering them unusable, and his current one did not have long left, after three years of use.

"People say he will drink when he's thirsty, but two emergency trips to A&E (accident and emergency department) with severe dehydration say otherwise.

"In all honesty we are really worried what will happen if [the cup] falls apart completely."

This fucking kid :story:
Let him die. He wasn't meant to live.

It's shit like this that makes me genuinely consider getting a vasectomy right now just in case there's that d100 roll that lands a natural 1 when I do end up having kids and I'm saddled with one of the aforementioned options.

You hear a lot of parents of exceptional kids say stuff like it's rewarding or whatever but it really does look, from the outside, like it's literally a life of suffering for the parents.
Fuck that noise. Not only do worthless children like this provide no benefit even to themselves for their miserable existences, they also suck up the lives of everyone around them.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Chris will leave 14 BC.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it works like that, Often times those kids are stuck in a habbit that they almost literally can not break out of, and keeping someone on hydration IV while still being an active human is not done.
That person was in a wheelchair, and keeping an IV on a person can be done successfully, my husband works in a sector of the medical field where people are ill, yet active, so it's done all the time. All you have to do is change it frequently and give them a lot of breaks from too much poking, or you install a feeding tube through the nasal cavity and force feed water.

Forever Sunrise

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
This looks like bad parenting, more than anything else. Not 'oh my god you idiots why are you giving your son bleach enemas' bad parenting, but a lack of forethought and emergency planning. These kind of obsessive compulsions can be kicked with reasonable effort, or transferred to less dangerous objects through a proper application of therapy. There are ways to handle this kind of thing, and it's really unfortunate that the appropriate steps weren't taken. I maintain that situations like this are the exception rather than the norm for autistic people.

Quick edit: Oh, and if this was so important, they could just cast a mold of the cup and replicate it however many times they like. Just get a resin casting kit and some silicone gel. Hell, there are businesses in my neighborhood that do casting commissions all the time. It's not that hard.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This looks like bad parenting, more than anything else. Not 'oh my god you idiots why are you giving your son bleach enemas' bad parenting, but a lack of forethought and emergency planning. These kind of obsessive compulsions can be kicked with reasonable effort, or transferred to less dangerous objects through a proper application of therapy. There are ways to handle this kind of thing, and it's really unfortunate that the appropriate steps weren't taken. I maintain that situations like this are the exception rather than the norm for autistic people.

Quick edit: Oh, and if this was so important, they could just cast a mold of the cup and replicate it however many times they like. Just get a resin casting kit and some silicone gel. Hell, there are businesses in my neighborhood that do casting commissions all the time. It's not that hard.
That was about what I was going to say. Why don't they have like 50 of these fucking things sitting around for when their tard child goes into hulk smash mode?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino