Autumn Asphodel - Tumblr/Youtube Special Snowflake Extrordinaire

Shit Waifu

royal cunt
kiwifarms.net
Yes. With therapy they can find ways to communicate, but DID can go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for years because the patient isn't entirely aware of what is happening.
That's what I thought. People who trivialize mood disorders don't realize the scariness of the actual situation.

Being unlucky enough to have something as severe as DID, foregoing how horrible even "lesser" things like borderline and bipolar are (the two more commonly self diagnosed things I see on tumblr as well) isn't some sort of badge of honor.

Like god knows some days I feel like erupting in the middle of my customer service based job and almost do, then I remember that I'll be canned almost instantly. It's taken me a looooong time and a looooot of medicating to control myself even as much as I do now. But hey, if people want my struggle, they can have it.

And the thing is, if I ever have episodes, and I look back upon them, it doesn't seem like me. That's more terrifying than anything. I don't have DID personally, but another mood disorder, yet I find it to be very shameful. I spent some time denying that I'd had symptoms until it almost killed me, and then when I consulted with my psych, it felt as if the burden had been lifted from my shoulders, but they're still very stigmatized and thought to be quite terrifying in general. And the explanation for that's fairly reasonable. Even for the person living with them, it's a horrific experience. Not something you flaunt on goddamn camera.

Chimerian Godhead

NANI?!
kiwifarms.net
Wait, to my recollection, don't many folks with DID actually remain unaware of their alter (or alters) for awhile?
That is for legit DID not for the spergul snowflake edition.

How else they gonna tard cum those pitypoints if they tell no one about their tragic disorder?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Wait, to my recollection, don't many folks with DID actually remain unaware of their alter (or alters) for awhile?
If it exists in that way at all, yes. I think that's why tumblrinas pick DID as their made up mental illness, though, because that MPD shit is vaguely similar to their also totally made up bullshit "alters."

• Agree
Reactions: ficklepickle

Shit Waifu

royal cunt
kiwifarms.net
If it exists in that way at all, yes. I think that's why tumblrinas pick DID as their made up mental illness, though, because that MPD shit is vaguely similar to their also totally made up bullshit "alters."
Then again, tumblrinas will pick up multiple mental illnesses as long as they can have at least six of them with the equivalent of diagnostic criteria from webmd as their primary reference. I've seen one or two claiming to manifest six personality disorders, and while some can be comorbid, there'd seldom be a case of more than three comorbid mood disorders where an individual's ability to function would be at normal level.

What really gets my goat is that they're all prone to put down anxiety and/or depressive disorders as being "lesser", when multiple instances those are symptomatic of certain mood disorders. It's almost like they cease to understand how these things properly work!

Mental illness may come in varying degrees, but it's still hell for many of those living with it. And that doesn't mean that it's an excuse to act like an menace to the world, moreover.

horror.jpg

I've seen some shit.
kiwifarms.net
I've been following Autumn's bullshit for ages and I'm so glad to have found a thread on her here. I've come into contact with her fairly briefly a year or two ago and I wish I'd known about this thread then so I could've posted the conversation. Summary at the end.

I know I'm powerlevelling here, but I still remember the basic rundown of what happened. Essentially, I started by posting comments on youtube refuting what she was saying, because as anyone with half of a brain can see - she's a lying sack of shit. She deletes my comments, blocks me. This carries on for a little while, me using spare youtube accounts to passively comment here and there, and I accidentally use one that still has the email displayed. I don't think about this because I didn't really think she'd do shit in that regard - She uses this to her advantage. Probably a few months after she's blocked all of my accounts, I'm going through my old phone attached to the dead email that account was apparently from, and see an email from her.

She was so ridiculously bothered that I'd been calling her out that she actually emailed me and tried to go on a rant about how I was poorly misinformed and didn't know what I was talking about, and mentioned something about a therapist or something to that effect, then linked me a shitfucktonne of her videos as if they proved a point. ["Proof of DID" was one of them.] She kept spouting some nonsense about how I'm out to hurt her, how I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't have the experiences she does, etc. I wasn't even harassing her daily like some sort of dog in heat, either. I maybe replied to five videos over the course of a couple of months and she blocked on a per-comment basis.

I reply and share some personal experiences I have being someone diagnosed with the condition and why I know she's full of shit. I don't know shit about any of my other self states aside from one other that I only really remember in a sort of wavy hazy way. [Best way I can describe it.] I tell her off for basically encouraging the absolute cancer that is whiny tumblr DID shitbabies, and I make an offhanded comment about how her "switching" looks more like she's about to have an aneurysm than anything. She replied telling me she had a "higher command" of her "alters" and a "better understanding" of her inner workings than most.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. How the hell would someone have "higher command" of their body when dissociating? It's honestly genuinely terrifying sometimes. I can't remember huge swaths of my life and I'm supposed to believe she somehow has this perfect working "system" where she can perfectly recount everything that's happened to every "alter" and exactly what they do and what they're for? Plus triggers that she can just activate to "bring them out" on a whim but they all consist of just staring at a camera and looking around awkwardly like you're having a miniature seizure for twenty seconds.

Honestly, I don't think that Hollywood depiction of DID really even exists. Well, at least if it did exist on that level it'd have to be a combination of DID and some other bullfuckery. Maybe she's so spiritual because she's actually possessed - it'd explain the crazy eyes and unfortunate makeup choices. That makeup job crawled right out of hell. Plus the whole thing where she said she raped someone is incredibly unsettling and I genuinely hope it was just for the edgelord points. Just because you have a "personality disorder" doesn't mean you have a free pass to do shit like that. The disorder is still part of your personality, it's just called a disorder because it's fucked up and you need to work on it and properly own up to shit you do as a result.

TL;DR:
- That will never be how DID works. [Obviously.]
- She's petty enough to email people who she believes is wrong to yell at them.
- She claims to have a therapist.
- She still thinks the "Proof of DID" video is solid proof that she has DID.
- "Alter" switching is flawed as a concept and the triggers she claims she's doing don't seem to exist.
- If there's a form of DID like that it'd need to be severe and in conjunction with something else fucked up.
- A personality disorder isn't an excuse to rape people or be an asshole in general and it's still on your head.

Anyway, brb, switching alters.
upload_2016-11-3_9-13-13.png

Last edited:

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
That's the first "transbian" (mtf dude attracted to women) I see who passes better than the other ogres. Basically an unicorn.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
...People like this need an ass kicking, then they need to work minimum wage for half a year in order to remember what reality is.

Kylie Raina

kiwifarms.net
She now claims that she never had DID or claimed to have it despite these DID videos still being on her channel.... wow

Star Child

Down with Cis
kiwifarms.net
big ol powerlevel below but

i haven't been diagnosed, but from what i know about the tumblr-esque fakers is that they romanticize the whole experience of having alters. DID is a dissociative disorder first and foremost, generally the more important/prominent symptoms involve constant dissociation, PTSD, derealization, etc. but these fuckers only ever focus on their alters and their personalities, (especially the fiction based ones). but REAL DID is usually moreso about the memory issues/doing shit you'd usually never do. like that's it, that's the main DISORDER aspect of it, not really the ~quirky personalities~ that come out of it

• Lunacy
Reactions: Pineapple Fox

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
big ol powerlevel below but

i haven't been diagnosed, but from what i know about the tumblr-esque fakers is that they romanticize the whole experience of having alters. DID is a dissociative disorder first and foremost, generally the more important/prominent symptoms involve constant dissociation, PTSD, derealization, etc. but these fuckers only ever focus on their alters and their personalities, (especially the fiction based ones). but REAL DID is usually moreso about the memory issues/doing shit you'd usually never do. like that's it, that's the main DISORDER aspect of it, not really the ~quirky personalities~ that come out of it
the real thing (assuming it's real) sounds fucking terrifying. You black out, your real self wakes up hours later with no idea where you are with people telling you that you did shit you have no memory of. Like being a fucking blackout drunk 24/7.

ETA and being a tranny wasn't enough for this sped?

Star Child

Down with Cis
kiwifarms.net
the real thing (assuming it's real) sounds fucking terrifying. You black out, your real self wakes up hours later with no idea where you are with people telling you that you did shit you have no memory of. Like being a fucking blackout drunk 24/7.

ETA and being a tranny wasn't enough for this sped?
yea that's basically my point, people faking this disorder tend to focus on how cool/unique their alters are, almost as if they're quirky characters, but people who actually have issues with it, from what i've seen, are more concerned with their blackouts and the constant dissociation, because it's confusing, disorienting, and fucks up your life. not fun

Tags
nigger