Avengers: Endgame - This is the end, beautiful friend

Tor Lugosi

kiwifarms.net
Probably wouldn't have been as satisfying but I think a better way to have handled Steve's end and the passing of the shield would've been to have him send back the shield inside his suit with a note attached telling them his task was done, then cutting to the past showing him meeting up with Peggy. Then the next Captain America movie could have been about who gets the title, thereby dedicating a whole movie to that person earning it. Would've also potentially avoided the time-travel fuckery.

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
Why aren't they numbered? For real when did superhero movies become Erich Von Stroheim lengths and they can't even put a number on them so rubes like me that don't obsess over them know what order they're supposed to go in?

I mean if I got unfrozen from 1945 like Captain Popsicle I'd assume "Civil War" came first and involved superheros fighting at Gettysburg. I'm certainly a nerd about other things, but it kind of puts into perspective how bizarre these media are when you're on the outside looking in.

At this point I feel like going in blind just to feel completely bewildered and disconnected from the experience. I mean I'm not gonna watch all these fucking movies. I'm probably going senile for having any interest in Endgame anyway.

I think I probably just feel left out of other people's excitement and I don't want to be that guy that hasn't seen it. But comics are weird and impenetrable to outsiders and now due to having 9000 fucking movies, the movies have lost their accessibility just like comics themselves.
Actually, that would be pretty interesting. I'd love to hear the opinion of someone who has no past context to view this movie in.

If you don't want to go in blind, I think you would only have to see Infinity War since Endgame is the direct result of that movie. Plus you'll get a general view of how these characters are connected.

But if you really want to be a hardcore badass, watch two movies a night, in order, and it should only take 11 days to get through them. And you don't even have to bother with Captain Marvel because that movie has nothing to do with this movie.
It's never too late to touch your inner-child.
But never touch the inners of another person's child.
I'd just like to point out something it seems like no one has picked up on.

The snap? Happens in 2018. Peter's about 16 and gets dusted. I'm guessing the fat kid's the same age and they're both either in 10th or 11th grade.

5 fucking years go by, and it gets undone. Pete's still 16... The fat one should be 21... and yet they're still attending high school at the end. Judging by the FFH trailer, so are all of their classmates.

bruh I can't even anymore
This is why I think the movie should have at least undone the snap right after it happened. Maybe they'll be able to explain it in FFH, but the snap fucked the world up. It would take years for everything to get back to "normal". So, going into FFH, we have to think, even though the dusting is supposed to be random, that *everybody* in Peter's life got dusted and came back, AND they immediately go back to school and take a field trip.
Black Widow was a waste in this movie. The soul stone is supposed to be awarded to those who sacrifice what they love the most, etc. etc. - but Hawkeye didn't love her. Hell, they hadn't talked for years. I can get she was his only remaining friend, but her killing herself was contrived.
I thought it was just someone you love. They were both willing to sacrifice themselves over the other. I think it was very fitting.

I liked both Valkyrie and Falcon a lot in the movies but I felt like neither of them earned their new places. Neither of them have shown that they're leaders even a tiny bit, making it feel like there were definitely scenes cut from the movie that properly set-up the passing of the mantles to them.
I don't think there were scenes cut. Way back when the all new/all diverse Marvel launched, I had a feeling that it was to shoehorn that "diverse" cast into the movies once the original actor's contracts ran out. Black Captain America? Check. Female "Thor"? Check. Black Female Ironman? Sorta check if it's Pepper, but the Black thing could now be with Thor. Or maybe Suri (Riri?) supposedly being the smarts person on Earth makes her own suit out of the magic space rocks because, LOL, BlkkkGrrlPwrrr!

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
The Infinity Gauntlet isn't a magic lamp. I assume there is a ton of mental control over the result that isn't portrayed on screen.
Banner confirms this, sorta, when he tells Hawkeye that he tried to get Natasha back and couldn't during his Snap; there's presumably some kind of feedback from the gauntlet on what is and isn't kosher.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I was perfectly fine with Steve giving Falcon the shield. Firstly, because I think he's a better character than Bucky. lol.

But mostly because Falcon has been fighting alongside Steve longer than Bucky has, constantly sticking his neck out for him, especially during The Winter Soldier and Civil War (when Steve was trying to find and help Bucky). Falcon is far more Steve's protégé than Bucky ever has been, IMO.

Also, Bucky, a former HYDRA super assassin who could very much still be prone to brainwashing ... Yeah. Doesn't look like very good PR for the Avengers if he took over the Captain America title ...

I also think passing to torch to Sam serves as some sort of symbolism for Steve. He picked a modern man to become Cap, and not another "Man out of Time" like Bucky is.

I don't know, it completely works for me.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Why aren't they numbered?
Agreeeeeeed.

Back when the movies were announced (in 2015, I believe?), they actually were titled "Infinity War Parts I and II," but then they changed it.

Personally, I think that marketing is the reason. If they had titled them Part I and Part II, then I bet not as many people would have gone to see Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel. They advertised Captain Marvel as a movie you HAD to go see before Endgame, even though she wasn't in Infinity War. They wanted every movie to be required viewing for Endgame, so that's how they advertised it. I think they expected audiences to be like "Oh, I'll go see the next Marvel movie when Part II comes out," completely ignoring Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel. To prevent this, they were like "These Avengers movies are two completely different films, so here's the next couple of movies to watch in preparation for the final one."

I can see this mentality for Ant-Man & The Wasp, since that movie has a HUGE impact on Endgame. Captain Marvel is completely skippable though. lol.

The Shadow

Talk to the Hand
kiwifarms.net
Agreeeeeeed.

Back when the movies were announced (in 2015, I believe?), they actually were titled "Infinity War Parts I and II," but then they changed it.

Personally, I think that marketing is the reason. If they had titled them Part I and Part II, then I bet not as many people would have gone to see Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel. They advertised Captain Marvel as a movie you HAD to go see before Endgame, even though she wasn't in Infinity War. They wanted every movie to be required viewing for Endgame, so that's how they advertised it. I think they expected audiences to be like "Oh, I'll go see the next Marvel movie when Part II comes out," completely ignoring Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel. To prevent this, they were like "These Avengers movies are two completely different films, so here's the next couple of movies to watch in preparation for the final one."

I can see this mentality for Ant-Man & The Wasp, since that movie has a HUGE impact on Endgame. Captain Marvel is completely skippable though. lol.
You've gotta hand it to them, they set up a pretty good con game to sell tickets.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was perfectly fine with Steve giving Falcon the shield. Firstly, because I think he's a better character than Bucky. lol.

But mostly because Falcon has been fighting alongside Steve longer than Bucky has, constantly sticking his neck out for him, especially during The Winter Soldier and Civil War (when Steve was trying to find and help Bucky). Falcon is far more Steve's protégé than Bucky ever has been, IMO.

Also, Bucky, a former HYDRA super assassin who could very much still be prone to brainwashing ... Yeah. Doesn't look like very good PR for the Avengers if he took over the Captain America title ...

I also think passing to torch to Sam serves as some sort of symbolism for Steve. He picked a modern man to become Cap, and not another "Man out of Time" like Bucky is.

I don't know, it completely works for me.
Also didn’t really seem like Bucky wanted the role anyway.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Some (not all) people wanted Bucky because after Civil War I in the comics he was Captain America and was well written
Falcon was captain for sometimes before Civil War II and his comics was used to push BLM and then (at the end of the Event where Hydra Cap remained that the child lifeform inside the Infinity Cube that Red Skull used to change History and or Brainwash Steve Rogers into being Hydra Cap created a new Idealized Captain America while Steve Rogers stayed Hydra Cap) gave the role up to the SIdealized Captain America

Marvel Comics sucks and having Falcon as Captain just bring back up bad memories for some

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
I'm still laughing at their BS responses about Nat's death. Apparently it was Hawkeye in the script but some dumb woman was like "Don't you take this away from her" so they changed it.

Bucky-Steve shippers are still butthurt

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Agreeeeeeed.

I think it's also the negative stigma associated with multi-part movies - there's always talk of movies being split just to double-dip on ticket sales.

I'd argue even Endgame could have been broken into two movies. The first hour or so (up until they devise the time travel plot) seemed super rushed, and I personally would have preferred them spend some more time on the 5-year timeskip, as the movie leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino